AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 05:01   Link #601
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

With all the omitted material they could have done another season.
Old 2014-06-16, 05:42   Link #602
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Ah, but is she...? Sure, we know she's impressed by his selflessness because we heard her say that to herself, but I don't see any reason to trust anything she says to anyone else. She's willing and able to lie so that she can see other people's reactions and find things out about them. Who's to say the confession and kiss weren't just an act to figure out the kinds of relationships the other girls had with Murakami?
She did say so thats how the relationships work or something to that effect.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 08:16   Link #603
jhpace1

Mako Fujisaki can create antimatter. Psionically (magically). From nothing. And shield her own body from the resulting gamma rays as the antimatter touches even the air in the space between her hands as she creates the antimatter.

With such a power she could fuel the entire Federation of Planets' starship fleets in Star Trek. Mako Fujisaki could bring cheap energy to every planet in the galaxy, and make every starship constructed a technological marvel.

What does she use her ability to make antimatter for? Blowing up less than a dozen people who got in her way. It's like giving a street urchin in a crime-ridden or war-torn city a grenade launcher and a bandolier of grenades.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 11:48   Link #604
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
Mako Fujisaki can create antimatter. Psionically (magically). From nothing. And shield her own body from the resulting gamma rays as the antimatter touches even the air in the space between her hands as she creates the antimatter.

With such a power she could fuel the entire Federation of Planets' starship fleets in Star Trek. Mako Fujisaki could bring cheap energy to every planet in the galaxy, and make every starship constructed a technological marvel.

What does she use her ability to make antimatter for? Blowing up less than a dozen people who got in her way. It's like giving a street urchin in a crime-ridden or war-torn city a grenade launcher and a bandolier of grenades.
No she probably couldn't even fuel a single ship, and honestly I doubt they'd let her .
I also doubt it was police officers in the source material, but something that was actually a lot more annoying to her.
Those 10 witches weren't killed using antimatter btw.

Spoiler for Source Material Comparison to ep 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
With all the omitted material they could have done another season.
And I bet it will like Elfen Lied with only one uncompleted series, or they are going for an original end.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 16:08   Link #605
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what chapters was this episode so i can compare the changes?
There are actually changes all over the place (including a few cut characters and important details). You might as well re-read the whole series.

However if you must, chapter 55 is the beginning of Valkyria arc, right after Mizuka's arc.

I do highly recommend reading the whole series from chapter 1, though.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 21:24   Link #606
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Ah, but is she...? Sure, we know she's impressed by his selflessness because we heard her say that to herself, but I don't see any reason to trust anything she says to anyone else. She's willing and able to lie so that she can see other people's reactions and find things out about them. Who's to say the confession and kiss weren't just an act to figure out the kinds of relationships the other girls had with Murakami?
My take is that she really does like the idea of Murakami being her boyfriend. However, she has much more control over her emotions than the other girls in this show do, so she won't be heartbroken or anything like that over Murakami being with Neko. In other words, she'll take this a lot more smoothly than Kazumi would.

Her straightforward pragmatism and relative lack of emotionality makes her a good contrast to the rest of the girls in this show. If she makes a return to the group, she'd probably balance out the main cast pretty well.

In any event, Episode 11 was excellent. Lots of nice twists and turns, all culminating with a great cliffhanger moment.
Old 2014-06-16, 22:05   Link #607
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My take is that she really does like the idea of Murakami being her boyfriend. However, she has much more control over her emotions than the other girls in this show do, so she won't be heartbroken or anything like that over Murakami being with Neko. In other words, she'll take this a lot more smoothly than Kazumi would.

Her straightforward pragmatism and relative lack of emotionality makes her a good contrast to the rest of the girls in this show. If she makes a return to the group, she'd probably balance out the main cast pretty well.

In any event, Episode 11 was excellent. Lots of nice twists and turns, all culminating with a great cliffhanger moment.
Spoiler for Hatsuna's love behavior Manga vs Anime:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 00:13   Link #608
Nvis
Where are the good animes

OP2 reminds me too much of Death Note.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 10:35   Link #609
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
OP2 reminds me too much of Death Note.
Yeah, I'm already missing the first OP.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 11:15   Link #610
Biohazardous

Miss the old opening too.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 19:58   Link #611
Galacticichi

Kinda wish I hadn't read the manga after episode 10 because now I'm disappointed in all the cuts and edits. Everything felt rushed and incoherent and I really enjoyed the confrontation between Mako and Kuro in the manga. They might still put it in the anime but just out of place, meh. I'm projecting a lot more omissions which will really hurt this arc since it is quite complex and long.

Still love this series tho
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 00:32   Link #612
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lols Murakami mentioning that he will remember everything Kuroneko forgot in order so he can fill it in? Kuroneko will literally lose all her memories before the end of the series, I GUARANTEE IT.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 01:29   Link #613
Anime Online

Didn't the anime establish that Valkyria could destroy the world? Why is she so excited over blowing up a part of a hilltop? At her power level, blowing up a mountain or the whole of Japan would be no problem for her. The entirety of its crust is but a tiny, tiny percentage of the Earth. If anything, Valkyria would have to take extraordinary efforts to make the explosion really small. It's like trying to control your strength while you pick up a small cube of tofu with your fingertips. It's impossible, as your strength will always crush the tofu every time.

Then again, perhaps the writer got carried away while making up Valkyria's powers. Although Valkyria is supposed to have Earth-buster powers, it's not meant to be taken literally. More like blow-up-hilltop level of destructive power. It's kinda disappointing that was all the anti-matter ball could accomplish.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 03:16   Link #614
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Didn't the anime establish that Valkyria could destroy the world? Why is she so excited over blowing up a part of a hilltop? At her power level, blowing up a mountain or the whole of Japan would be no problem for her. The entirety of its crust is but a tiny, tiny percentage of the Earth. If anything, Valkyria would have to take extraordinary efforts to make the explosion really small. It's like trying to control your strength while you pick up a small cube of tofu with your fingertips. It's impossible, as your strength will always crush the tofu every time.

Then again, perhaps the writer got carried away while making up Valkyria's powers. Although Valkyria is supposed to have Earth-buster powers, it's not meant to be taken literally. More like blow-up-hilltop level of destructive power. It's kinda disappointing that was all the anti-matter ball could accomplish.
Just because you can destroy the world doesn't mean that you would want to or that it would be smart to....
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 03:18   Link #615
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I get the slight feeling that maybe some people are overthinking Valkyria's antimatter powers too much, and if you do that, you are bound to find that it's as stupid as the plan to cover themselves in red paint and play dead....
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 10:13   Link #616
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Just because you can destroy the world doesn't mean that you would want to or that it would be smart to....
Exactly, I suspect the reason that she does not destroy the entire planet is because even someone as powerful Mako would not be able to survive it.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 11:42   Link #617
jhpace1

Anybody have any ideas about the Men in Chairs in the virtual reality room that all the reporting is going on inside? I'm inclined to think retired generals of the military who found the aliens 100 years ago, corporate heads, etc.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 14:48   Link #618
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
Anybody have any ideas about the Men in Chairs in the virtual reality room that all the reporting is going on inside? I'm inclined to think retired generals of the military who found the aliens 100 years ago, corporate heads, etc.
Makes me think guys from the German empire moved their operations to Japan between either after the two world wars. Not necessarily a bunch of Mad Scientist Nazis.

For some reason they have thoroughly infiltrated the JSDF which is supposed to be a defensive organization.

Abducting girls turning them to WMDs.

It is probably a given girls memories are erased to make them more obedient. All except Valkyria who remembers who she is.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:30   Link #619
bakaouji

So far the show had been raising the stakes on a more systematic scale so this massive Hail Mary at the end that endangers the entire planet all of a sudden just doesn't work. Most of the secrets are revealed and the whole story comes together but there's little satisfaction in watching all the dots get connected in a matter of minutes when so much crap's happening at once.

If there's one thing consistent, its that the show is true to its spirit of absurdism. Basically, it has faith in its viewers that have made this far-- if you can believe that Murkami literally cheats death twice when he should've clearly died, thanks to the convenient sci-fi powers of the witches, then you'll obviously find it swallowable that there's a witch that has the power to erase humanity from the face of the planet in a matter of minutes.

I don't know if it's because of time constraints or if the story's really structured that way but Brynhildr skips a couple of levels to cook up an extinction level threat (as usual) by flimflamming all the way to the finish line.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:50   Link #620
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fanservice, harem, horror, sci-fi, seinen, violence