hiddenmist

Any Good High School Romance Anime?

I did watched some romance/comedy anime like suzuka, shuffle! etc

Looking for some recommendation.

Thanks
Old 2006-03-28, 17:54   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

KGNE, it started out in high school. Ends three years later.

Old School Stuff: Kimagure Orange Road and Marmalade boy
Old 2006-03-28, 17:54   Link #3
EdenB
Overlord

Kanon - Serious in parts as well as plenty of comedy. A good storyline too.
Old 2006-03-28, 19:14   Link #4
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou!
Pretty much defines high school romance. Is also chuck full of comedy. When they're not being romantic or philosophical, they're being hilarious.
Old 2006-03-29, 19:58   Link #5
mit7059

Umm Da Capo, Full Metal Panic, Mahoraba is similar, definately Aishiteru ze Baby, maybe Mai-Hime if you don't mind some magic thrown in?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-03-30, 01:38   Link #6
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Are there any highschoool/college romance flicks that aren't cutesy, annoying, puke-inducing, or incest driven bright pieces of crap?

I truly wonder this. Either it's Da Capo -- which I want NOTHING of -- or it's bright, peppy, and mildly agitating your mind by slowly -- yet ever so constantly (almost like knowingly taunting) -- you with sharp bits of bright eyed anime clones and over the top cutesy female voices.

Someone please tell me there's something out there I can take seriously. I got done watching Suzuka, and I would just like soemthing that isn't another Shuffle, Kanon, Da Capo, or whatever.

Hopefully it exists somewhere. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou was good. It seemed REAL and the only time it went into severe anime mode was when the girl was at home (and they only did it for a contrasting comic impression). Although....the director switches (I heard he quit) somewhere around episode 14-15 and you can tell.

Ok. That's enough of my rants. Someone tell me of a romance anime that won't make me want to puncture my eyes.
Old 2006-03-30, 02:30   Link #7
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Are there any highschoool/college romance flicks that aren't cutesy, annoying, puke-inducing, or incest driven bright pieces of crap?
All I can think of is Paradise Kiss...And like what you asked in your other thread it is visually impressive in addition to being a great story...I highly suggest it...

I guess GTO aswell, but it is driven alot on the loli-factor ...
Old 2006-03-30, 03:29   Link #8
NarutoHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
All I can think of is Paradise Kiss...And like what you asked in your other thread it is visually impressive in addition to being a great story...I highly suggest it...

I guess GTO aswell, but it is driven alot on the loli-factor ...

I actually saw that reccomendation as I was browsing through the 2nd page and when I saw the cover/art/your comments I yelled THANK GOD.

I'll have it soon
Old 2006-03-30, 15:01   Link #9
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

What the hell is the loli factor?

GTO has no loli at all. What are you smoking?
Old 2006-03-30, 15:19   Link #10
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^What am I smoking?

Whatever it is you need to puff on this $hit...

Last time I checked when a 23 year old teacher (GTO) is fantasizing and secretly trying to tame the urge to want to sleep with or fondle his 14, 15 year old female students, I would put that under the loli-factor umbrella...

There are several episodes where these under age girls try to seduce Mr. Onizuka sexually...Loli-factor (or lolita factor//complex, lolicon) all pertain to or refer to an attraction to any girl beneath the age of consent...You probably think the girl has to look younger or have super-young features (i.e. Haruka in KGNE, Rukia in BLEACH ) to be considered, but go look it up friend...all the girl has to be is underage...So re-light that cigar...
Old 2006-03-30, 15:34   Link #11
Ayanami9870
ANBU Editor/QC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou!
Pretty much defines high school romance. Is also chuck full of comedy. When they're not being romantic or philosophical, they're being hilarious.
Man, that was classic.

Also, if you're looking for something short and more episodic, Boys Be would be nice too.
Old 2006-03-30, 16:13   Link #12
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

National age of concent in Japan = 13...Adjusted by prefecture

By your definition, it isnt lolicon.

Besides..I wouldn't put Haruka or Rukia in the loli category eiether.. go watch some Ichigo Mashimaro for the love of all that is rori

Edit : Also the kids in GTO are juniors. Theres 3 years of highschool and the 2nd year is junior. That puts them in the 16 to 17 year old range.

Last edited by Mirai; 2006-03-30 at 16:25.
Old 2006-03-30, 16:55   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^A minute ago I was smoking dope, now I'm just mincing words ....I thought I was totally outta the park? Your full of it dude...

Oh there 16 and 17 not 14 and 15 -_-;;; (Which means GTO can legally be with them then...If you actually saw GTO you'd know the final arc of the show talks about how a teacher got an UNDERAGE student pregnant and it is still frowned upon despite the 13 year old norm) read my words: loli-FACTOR...which means a FACTOR of the loli concept is involved (I didn't say GTO is 100% lolicon anime sheeesh)...A grown-a$$ teacher being with a young girl whose his student has a loli-factor to it...duh....Narutohead said he wanted something that was more serious (Which GTO is)...I just let him know there is that factor to the show aswell (which is undeniable)...

Your definition of loli is obviously different because I know many people who consider Rukia and Haruka characters that fall somewhat under this umbrella, only that they can be argued under this categorey...So gimme a break
Old 2006-03-30, 22:21   Link #14
lemondude
"super lemon"

GTO is serious!!!???? WAt are you smoking?
Old 2006-03-30, 23:10   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^More realistic is what I meant by saying serious...Obviously it's funny, but at the end of each funny story is Mr. Onizuka proving to his students he really cares about them (Some of the serious scenes in GTO are really intense) It's more believable than something like Shuffle...Obviously not in the same genre, but I was answering someones question...Hell GTO live-action would make a person cry it's so serious at times...GTO does a good job of balancing comedy and seriousness....So now I can poke my tounge at a canadian ...

I'd give you some of what I'm smoking, but you seem to be UNDERAGE like those loli's I've discussed...
Old 2006-03-30, 23:35   Link #16
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Saikano-A pretty good highschool romance show, although the show's main focus and setting is not highschool, but there is alot of settings taking place in highschool, heck the romance starts in highschool. It may not be you happy, happy romance, it is your "taking it serious" romance.

midori days- is your happy, happy, highschool romance anime, the crush starts from middle school, but the romance happesn at the time of highschool.

Shakgugan no shana- it got's highschool romance, I hope you don't mind any action.

Full metal panic-The romance is not expressed, but it is implied.

btw Windarkness, are you sure that you would consider Rukia a loli, I mean I don't find her sexually attractive at all, I think you mean more of that girl(damn I forgot her name) with the "big breasts", long orange hair, and has a crush on Ichigo more as a loli.

I think you would think the teacher in GTO more as a pedophile, then saying that the show is loli.

Last edited by Mr.Hawq; 2006-03-30 at 23:46.
Old 2006-03-31, 12:32   Link #17
Sendoh718

School Rumble - all about people in High School trying (not very successfully) to find romance.
Old 2006-03-31, 12:43   Link #18
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai
National age of concent in Japan = 13...Adjusted by prefecture

By your definition, it isnt lolicon.

Besides..I wouldn't put Haruka or Rukia in the loli category eiether.. go watch some Ichigo Mashimaro for the love of all that is rori

Edit : Also the kids in GTO are juniors. Theres 3 years of highschool and the 2nd year is junior. That puts them in the 16 to 17 year old range.

I really have to go live in Japan

To get to the main thing, DON'T watch Saikano if you want romance/COMEDY. That thing is HEAVY drama.

You could try To Heart and To Heart ~Remember my memories ~ although I can't remember the comedy part, it's still nice. And not every girl drools for the lead
Old 2006-03-31, 19:19   Link #19
NarutoHead

A bit off topic, but I don't think it's loli if they don't look it. And if they're say 18 but look 13, I'd still consider that creepy loli as well. Now...i'm talking about in an anime. There is a DISTINCT look for young/loli chics in anime, and it's gross/annoying to portray a grown man attracted to one.
Old 2006-03-31, 19:23   Link #20
MamoruUsagi

Kare First Love
The Devil Does Exist
Mars
Peach Girl
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Bokura ga Ita
Kare Kano
High School Debut
Auma De Sourou
Marmalade Boy
Fushigi Yuugi
Absolute Boyfriend
Ayashi no Ceres
Love Attack
Ultra Cute
B.O.D.Y.
Sand Chronicles
Ultra Maniac
Sailor Moon
Kare Kano
Paradise Kiss

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-19 at 12:33.
Closed Thread