AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-29, 05:24   Link #53921
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

1.) Bullpups also shorten the barrel of the weapon, so for the same length of barrel, you have a shorter weapon that performs just as well as a conventional weapon. Drawback is that IMHO Bullpups are more time-consuming to reload. But since weapons in IS are reduced to Quantum data when not in use, I think they can just reduce the ammo to quantum data and reload--EG the Bullpup design is just a style choice more than anything.

EDIT: Most real-life bullpups (Enfield L86/SA80, FA MAS, Steyr AUG) don't carry any more or less ammo in the magazine than their conventional counterparts (M16, HK G36). About the only Bullpup I know of that carries more than their equivalents is the FN P90, and that's because the 5.7mm rounds they carry are different from conventional 9mm and .45ACP rounds used in most other SMGs.

2.) A Laser rifle won't have recoil, but a charged particle beam might. Depending on how particle throwers work in IS.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 06:35   Link #53922
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

For the second one, a particle weapon can be primarily thermal or primarily kinetic, if it's the latter, a sizable recoil will be encountered, though still far less than that of slug thrower.

For example, Hellbore weapon from BOLO series literally launch miniature sun at the enemy, but the nuclear component only provide 10-15% of the total energy. The rest simply brute force from several kilogram material launched at fractional lightspeed.
Old 2014-06-29, 06:54   Link #53923
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
1.) Bullpups also shorten the barrel of the weapon, so for the same length of barrel, you have a shorter weapon that performs just as well as a conventional weapon. Drawback is that IMHO Bullpups are more time-consuming to reload. But since weapons in IS are reduced to Quantum data when not in use, I think they can just reduce the ammo to quantum data and reload--EG the Bullpup design is just a style choice more than anything.

EDIT: Most real-life bullpups (Enfield L86/SA80, FA MAS, Steyr AUG) don't carry any more or less ammo in the magazine than their conventional counterparts (M16, HK G36). About the only Bullpup I know of that carries more than their equivalents is the FN P90, and that's because the 5.7mm rounds they carry are different from conventional 9mm and .45ACP rounds used in most other SMGs.
Hmm.. I wonder where is the ejection port of these IS guns? WE still have to worry about empty case, right?

The heavy trigger is not a problem with IS?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 07:00   Link #53924
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm.. I wonder where is the ejection port of these IS guns? WE still have to worry about empty case, right?
Why? It's not like you need to reload I.S. weapon manually after the first time. Also, combustible shell case exist for that reason.

You gotta remember even their ammunition is recycled.
Quote:
The heavy trigger is not a problem with IS?
I.S. can accidentally blow holes on concrete wall, I'd say their trigger will be pretty heavy duty
Old 2014-06-29, 07:08   Link #53925
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Why? It's not like you need to reload I.S. weapon manually after the first time. Also, combustible shell case exist for that reason.

You gotta remember even their ammunition is recycled.

IS can accidentally blow holes on concrete wall, I'd say their trigger will be pretty heavy duty
So, there is ergonomic, ballistic and quantum physic in building an IS gun.

Say, which would be suitable for Cecilia and Laura in CQC? Even if Starlight could emitted a Beam Saber and turned into a club, I still feel it lacking. And Laura's railgun made it a hassle to use her sword. A L91A1 or some submachine gun?
Old 2014-06-29, 07:19   Link #53926
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Say, which would be suitable for Cecilia and Laura in CQC? Even if Starlight could emitted a Beam Saber and turned into a club, I still feel it lacking.
Too big, there's a reason why Silent Zephyr use improverd, smaller gun.
Quote:
And Laura's railgun made it a hassle to use her sword. A L91A1 or some submachine gun?
That's so wrong on so many level

Her railgun can be summoned at will, in melee combat she simply call it back to database. And people seems to forget too often that her unit is melee first artilery second
Old 2014-06-29, 07:31   Link #53927
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Her railgun can be summoned at will, in melee combat she simply call it back to database. And people seems to forget too often that her unit is melee first artillery second
I thought that is the reverse - An artillery platform certainly suit her German's origin.
Old 2014-06-29, 07:38   Link #53928
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I thought that is the reverse - An artillery platform certainly suit her German's origin.
Not really, the railgun is just an afterthought.
Old 2014-06-29, 07:41   Link #53929
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Not really, the railgun is just an afterthought.
WEll, in order o effectively use VS, her machine must be suited for all-round general combat - there is a limit of nanites.
Old 2014-06-29, 08:30   Link #53930
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, the only three non-bullpup I could name that seemed possible for IS is Beretta ARX 160, XM8 and FN Scar.

Bolt-action is useless to IS, right?
Old 2014-06-29, 10:01   Link #53931
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So, the only three non-bullpup I could name that seemed possible for IS is Beretta ARX 160, XM8 and FN Scar.

Bolt-action is useless to IS, right?
There's next to zero reason why you need bolt action: it's accuracy. And even then, the result is marginal.

Though a breech-loader is part of FA ByakuShiki's armament, the magazine was got rid to make the weapon as compact as possible.
Old 2014-06-29, 10:16   Link #53932
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Sniping was never intended to be a part of IS, after all.

So, imagine you go on a war with a lower number of combat-ready IS. You will have to come up with something to compensate that, right? EOS seems to be the best choice, but how to effectively mixing two distingtive type of exoskeleton. Hi-Lo Mix combine Elastic Defence, with EOS gather around choke points for artillery bombardment, while IS taking the enemy head-on, halting their momentum and act as bait?
Old 2014-06-29, 14:14   Link #53933
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
"My Lord, young Master has returned!"

Peering over his cup of wine, the middle-aged man with sharp, brown eyes gave a nod. "Send for him."

With a bow, the servant backed up and darted away, calling out to the servants beyond the door. "Bid the young Master to come!"

"Bid the young Master to come!" The order was repeated several times throughout the household. By the time the man had finished the cup of wine, the young man was standing before him.

"You have called, Father?"

"My son," the man gave a warm smile. "How many years has it been since I adopted you?"

The young boy bowed. "15 years ago, and I am grateful for every one," he replied fondly.

The man nodded again, glancing off to the side. It was time now. "You have been raised and groomed as my son - my heir. Before I am to retire and set you up as the head of the household, there is a grave matter which we must discuss. Our enemies - the Molten Weave Clan. The ones who murdered your real family and took you away to be one of them."

The young man's fists balled. "Yes, those accursed murders..." He looked at the man who had been his father for much of his life. "Despite the affection we share, let me fulfill this last act of filial piety in the name of my birth parents."

The man nodded. "Of course. This only benefits us since it rids you of the stigma of your past, and paves the way for your future here in the Imperial City."

"I shall honor you and our families' ancestors, Father."

"Let wisdom and strength be yours, my son."

~*~

"Oi, Neesan...how long as it been...?"

"...what do you mean...?"

"You used to tell me about 'him' so much but... but now, it's like he's all but faded away."

"I've told you many times already you sill girl. Your twin brother was kidnapped from us 15 years ago. I ... I've had a feeling of dread over the past few days and I can't shake it."

"Do you think he's coming back?"

"If he comes back...he won't be our brother..." The woman's eyes flashed cold. "He'll be as that man's son no doubt."

"And why haven't we killed him yet," the young girl hissed, the sound of sharpened metal against skin.

"Believe me, we have tried, but... each time we get close enough, he always brings him out." The woman's hands crushed the wooden plank that they rested upon. "I've had to cross swords against my baby brother who didn't even know recognize me..."
Another random - watching kung fu movies isn't helping me any.
Old 2014-06-29, 22:00   Link #53934
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Of course you do, other wise you get Sues or characters that seem poorly written.
Okay, I`m glad mine is not like that. Thanks
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 09:33   Link #53935
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Laura could felt her skin sizzleled on the still burning blade. However, her face shown no emotion except trained stoicness.

"What the hell are you thinking, Houki!"

Rin screamed. Everyone had expression varied from astonished to utterly terrified.

"I'll execute this traitor on spot, isn't that clear enough?" Houki replied through her gritted teeth. A thin trail of blood started to form on Laura's throat.

"NO!!!" But before Charlotte could jumped in with her pile driver, Laura ordered her with a general's tone:

"Stand down!... Char... lot... te" Her voice was getting inconherent. The katana grazed deeper, closer to her hyoid bone.

"This is the punishment for the one that has betrayed us. For the one that has killed HIM!"

A lone tear rolled on Laura's cheek onto Ichika. His head rested on her lap, the prosture similar to how he usually sleep when he was alive. A scene that she was too familiar with.
Blew up some steam after vol.9
Old 2014-06-30, 15:22   Link #53936
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

I can see what happen next: Houki goes for Tatenashi's blood. And get killed because she is overpowered by the Council President.
And then, Tabane kills everybody. Or make a time-travel. Depends.
Old 2014-06-30, 22:02   Link #53937
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

THIS is Deep man, and for Tempest and the guild.
https://twitter.com/VNDB_dot_txt/sta...54591713296385

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 00:02   Link #53938
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...!!! *inspiration hits*

Thank youuuu~ *runs off*
Old 2014-07-02, 02:07   Link #53939
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...!!! *inspiration hits*

Thank youuuu~ *runs off*
You're welcome, always happy to spread the love of wincest.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 03:49   Link #53940
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How slugthrower has changed to suit its role as an [IS] weapon:

*The increase in caliber (12.7x99 for rifle,...)

*Complete removal of semi-automatic and bolt-action. Most weapon would be produced as automatic.

*The average range of effective to 1500m, with common combat situation ranged from 1000m to less.

*Switching to caseless ammunition.

*Complete removal of reloading mechanism, due to the fact that ammunition could be compressed/visualized from the 4th dimensin to 3rd dimension.

(However, it's still unknown whether if the bullet materialized in the barrel right after another has been shot, nor is the process truly automatic and requires special system intergrated into the gun)

*Removal of rail system and attachment.

*Keeping overheat in check. The bullet per IS kill ratio would be much higher, estimated to be 10,000 or more.

*To be able to survive and keep the realiability under extreme situations.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-07-03 at 04:56.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest