AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 34.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-07-29, 14:09   Link #141
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
for that to happen

1. there would be more then 1 Death Gun
2. real life name and address of the victim.
3. form ep1, the autopsy stated they found normal abnormal.

1 is easy,
2 would require either DG to be one hell of a hacker or someone who work for the GGO company.
3. what kind of weapon/ways of killing someone would undetectable to current autopsy techniques?
2 must be true in either case.
3 In either case the culprit is using a system that causes heart failure without leaving any traces that would rule out natural causes.

The biggest problem would be 4: how the culprit can not leave any trace on the crime scenes.

But I think it is as much as unlikely as killing with a machine that is not supposed to be harmful through online means and not leaving any traces of hacking.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 16:30   Link #142
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Nobody is thinking that perhaps the victims are killed IRL and that the shows that Death Gun puts up on GGO are just a scene to make people think he's doing it online?

I haven't ruled that out yet.
If they were killed Real Real life, the only way to kill them that would make it look like heart failure is cynide because its hard to trace and is barely being tested for.
I can assure you that after 3 deaths of that kind they'd start testing for it though.

Quote:
for that to happen

1. there would be more then 1 Death Gun
2. real life name and address of the victim.
3. form ep1, the autopsy stated they found normal abnormal.

1 is easy,
2 would require either DG to be one hell of a hacker or someone who work for the GGO company.
3. what kind of weapon/ways of killing someone would undetectable to current autopsy techniques?
Ad 2)
As Jan-Poo said he'd had to be just that either way. We also got a hint regarding that during the computer scene.

Ad3)
Mostly poisons, cynide is said to be hard to trace, but I'm pretty sure it is (barely)tracable and just not tested for.
It can't be poison though because --> see below

Quote:
3 In either case the culprit is using a system that causes heart failure without leaving any traces that would rule out natural causes.

The biggest problem would be 4: how the culprit can not leave any trace on the crime scenes.

But I think it is as much as unlikely as killing with a machine that is not supposed to be harmful through online means and not leaving any traces of hacking.
If poison is being used 4 is easer than 3.
However poison can't be used since the deathshot was timed, which is impossible using poison.
Lets as an example assume the poisoner was the milk man - how would he know when the vitctim drank his milk?
It can't be while the Amusphere is used as the rest of the body is in an unreceptive state during that time.
So a timing like that only leaves he Amusphere as weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
What exactly do you mean by "safe"?

And it starts burning in a person's pocket because of the trapped heat, inside the pocket, which causes the phone to overheat. Have you heard of the recent story about a girl's Galaxy S4 burned up under her pillow while she was sleeping?

The phone needs to cool off.
It started to happen wehn smart phones came up, and most incidents I know of regarding cell phones starting to burn up for whatever reason are related to IPhones.

I could find only one instance where something similar has happened with an HTC device, and that didn't catch fire but just got hot as hell.
I use a HD7 myself and especially when using the internet it can get hot - I've never seen it burning hot though, so yeah the number of incidents must be related to the manufacturer

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 16:37   Link #143
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

assuming it is poison how would it be administer?

None of the victims has any marks on them. So they weren't restraint while poison is pour in their mouth.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:36   Link #144
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:

Obviously, the killer was a witch and used magic to do the killings.

---

On another note, in regard to GGO's aiming assist system, I think it's important to remember that GGO is an RPG as well as an FPS. It's by design that the ease of the bullet circle system is effected by any given players stats / skills / equipment, rather than a true "player skill" based game.

---

On buggy design, I assume the authentic manual controls are really more of an aesthetic choice from the game developers rather than a practical one, similar to the details they put into all the guns.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 18:22   Link #145
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@Krono Thanks for answering my nagging questions.

My post you replied to was a response to MaelstormCat’s post who said “That is a manual bike!!! by 2025 manual gear is ancient!! Hence not many people can drive it!!!”. Which, from his words, I got the impression that it applies to the rest of the world in SAO-verse, not just Japan. If that’s true then why would anyone provide gamers with transportation facility that can only be used by those skilled in riding “ancient” bike? For example, if you're an online game designer, would you provide a communication-facility only for those who knows how to use rotary-phone? Unless it's some kind of mini-game, I think it's a waste of resources.
Hm... I'm not 100% sure why the put in those manual buggies, however, I can tell you that they are really really fast. Maybe because they're super fast the game dev put limitations on it?

Let me quote a few more lines from the VN okay?

Spoiler for VN Line:

Any other questions? I'll try to answer the best I can as a LN reader.
Won't spoil future plots though...
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 19:06   Link #146
Mizaki<3

I love the new season but since I'm used to starting a new series a lot of the time I finish them in 1 night so I'm itching for the next ep I love how kirito reacts when someone wants to buy his account and he checks if he has boobs >u<
Mizaki<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 19:14   Link #147
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
I don't believe that! Say it in red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizaki<3 View Post
I love the new season but since I'm used to starting a new series a lot of the time I finish them in 1 night so I'm itching for the next ep I love how kirito reacts when someone wants to buy his account and he checks if he has boobs >u<
That wasn't really a certain method to determine his avatar's sex, he could have ended up inside a pettanko.

He should have checked more down there... wait... are avatars in SAO, ALO and so on "equipped" for Cybersex?

Old 2014-07-29, 19:31   Link #148
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
He should have checked more down there... wait... are avatars in SAO, ALO and so on "equipped" for Cybersex?
Kayaba was through in the details
Old 2014-07-29, 19:56   Link #149
LKK

Quote:
Definitely in SAO. Did you forget Kirito & Asuna's first time prelude scene?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:01   Link #150
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There you got a very easy way for female players to get money in GGO...

Old 2014-07-29, 21:03   Link #151
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
assuming it is poison how would it be administer?

None of the victims has any marks on them. So they weren't restraint while poison is pour in their mouth.
If you want us for the sake of the argument assume it was poison you wouldn't have any marks because you can't move your body anyway while using the amusphere.
From what we have been shown you are basically helpless.

That being said there are countless of methods to poison them while the culprit would be not even in a 25 meter range.
So yeah as I referred to above - the problem of the 'howdunnit' is more timing the perfect timing than administration.

Quote:

---

On another note, in regard to GGO's aiming assist system, I think it's important to remember that GGO is an RPG as well as an FPS. It's by design that the ease of the bullet circle system is effected by any given players stats / skills / equipment, rather than a true "player skill" based game.

---

On buggy design, I assume the authentic manual controls are really more of an aesthetic choice from the game developers rather than a practical one, similar to the details they put into all the guns.
There is no Magic outside the game world in the SAo universe other than illusions, witches don't exist and thus couldn't have entered the room to kill him, let alone give him a heart attack.Knox 2 All supernaural or preternatural agencies are ruled out as a matter of course.

Quote:
Meh I just sealed that red up...

Quote:
That wasn't really a certain method to determine his avatar's sex, he could have ended up inside a pettanko.
WHen thinking of chests he thinks of Asuna lol.

Quote:
If it is really an american game I doubt it.
Recently a VN released on steam, I go click it my first thought --> Meh ecchi well lets see what people on its forums think about its story.

The result of me checking that was either people asking the devs for hentai scenes or people trash talking the game down saying it shows whats wrong with the anime industry (Which isn't 100% wrong tbh).
Either way, I looked up some of those guys game library for fun afterwards and look what we had here.

GTA IV, Counter Strike II, Zombie games ect. - those people actually thought that game deserved the 'may contain nappropriate content warning more than his blood and gore gamesm and he wasn't the only one. -> murican hypocricy.

Its been ~ a month since it released and I still don't know if the story accounts for enough to consider it worth spending the money on it, despite the Echhi scenes.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-07-29, 21:31   Link #152
screaming4vengence

Quote:

that would have been my first move to check. its slightly less odd than shoving your hands down south in front of someone
screaming4vengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:35   Link #153
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

IIRC, the author mentioned in one of his notes or something, I don't exactly remember where but that early alpha testers for SAO were rather disturbed by their lack of "equipment", so to speak, so they added it in to make players more comfortable. (And probably other reasons too.)
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:51   Link #154
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Sorry forgot something earlier...

Quote:

Actually someone posted an author interview earlier stating that kirito couldn't drive the bike because of his Racing game experience but because of his real-life experience driving bikes, so it does more than one might think.

Its partly also shown in his testshot since the circle was pretty much right on the target.

Old 2014-07-29, 22:02   Link #155
Krono

Quote:
Technically yes. The main justification for gender locking avatars is that it's mentally detrimental to people to go running around as the wrong gender long term. Logically you'd have the same problem if they were gender neutral avatars aside from some bumps on the chest. Missing parts are missing parts after all.

That's not to say the developer allowed people to cyber. It was prevented by default in SAO, and the option to disable it didn't appear until Kayaba turned it into a death game. So logically even with the Seed inheriting the code, it would be disabled unless the developers specifically went out of their way to enable it. Which they wouldn't do for all kinds of legal reasons.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 01:39   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Hm... I'm not 100% sure why the put in those manual buggies, however, I can tell you that they are really really fast. Maybe because they're super fast the game dev put limitations on it?

Let me quote a few more lines from the VN okay?
Spoiler for VN Line:
Any other questions? I'll try to answer the best I can as a LN reader.
Won't spoil future plots though...
Tbh, the bolded reason is still kind of flimsy. But if logic fails, we can always turn to the obvious answer which is: the author just provided the means of transportation that can’t be used by many except for the male MC in order to make him look cool to the female MC. In other words, “Why the buggies are there? Just because

Anyway, thanks for your reply, maelstorm.
Old 2014-07-30, 06:45   Link #157
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

He probably had enough information otherwise... but he just needed that for being sure.

Also, maybe this is why Sinon is so self-conscious within GGO besides everything else?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 01:15   Link #158
Blackshadowman
Mark One

His face really suit even in Female appearance!! Sugoi!!
Blackshadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 03:46   Link #159
ZeHeL

finally the season got more exciting..

just wondering... why is the starting money of GGO not enough to buy weapons for starter players..
ZeHeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 04:50   Link #160
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeHeL View Post
finally the season got more exciting..

just wondering... why is the starting money of GGO not enough to buy weapons for starter players..
it is. Kirito Convered his ALO character over to GGo and was thus at max Level when he first entered the game.
A level 1 player would probably have enough to buy weapons and armor with those 1000 G