Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 14:25   Link #441
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
How to translate ライグリィ? It's a person's name.
It's not "lively" since there is a G there.

ライ = / Rai / Ray / Lai / Lay / Lie / Lye / Rye and others. Even stuff like Ri is ok (as in ride or light in kana)

グリィ = Gre(e) / Gri(i) and dunno.

Doing a quick search on the term gives nothing, of course.

.... It's supposed to be european sounding? Ligré or Lyegre or something ?
Old 2014-08-01, 14:28   Link #442
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It's not "lively" since there is a G there.

ライ = / Rai / Ray / Lai / Lay / Lie / Lye / Rye and others. Even stuff like Ri is ok (as in ride or light in kana)

グリィ = Gre(e) / Gri(i) and dunno.

Doing a quick search on the term gives nothing, of course.

.... It's supposed to be european sounding? Ligré or Lyegre or something ?
I think Lyegree would be better. What do you think?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 14:29   Link #443
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Maybe Liger, the hybrid cross between a lion and a tigress?
Old 2014-08-01, 15:22   Link #444
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So basically she's kicking a guy when he's down.

And that's another thing. What sort of self-respecting architect makes the roof of a bathhouse weak enough to collapse under the weight of an adolescent, a pack of panties, and a thieving cat? In time, even without Lux, that roof would have collapsed on its own and odds were there were going to be people under when it happened. In this case, it was a blessing Lux discovered this flaw the hard way.

Judging from the prologue, that was not the case and a sex toy wouldn't have been made the princess of the new empire. She clearly hails from some noble family I and everyone else here doesn't really care what her reasons are at this point. Taking your anger out on some former prince you never met before and nearly killing him is inexcusable.
Spoiler for reason for slave idea:

You were saying?

For clarification here, all anyone knows about Lux is that he's a survivor of the royal family. His past circumstances and his role in ending the empire aren't public knowledge, and from spoilers only the queen actually knows.
Old 2014-08-01, 15:23   Link #445
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

You were saying?

For clarification here, all anyone knows about Lux is that he's a survivor of the royal family. His past circumstances and his role in ending the empire aren't public knowledge, and from spoilers only the queen actually knows.
didnt his sister and their mother knew? and i think the cousin was it
Old 2014-08-01, 15:28   Link #446
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
didnt his sister and their mother knew? and i think the cousin was it
I meant outside of those actually part of his past life, but yeah, I think they knew.

My point is that this guy is basically the son of Hitler from their point of view. Asking them to be reasonable and try and find his perspective is stretching the bound of Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
Old 2014-08-01, 16:18   Link #447
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
I meant outside of those actually part of his past life, but yeah, I think they knew.

My point is that this guy is basically the son of Hitler from their point of view. Asking them to be reasonable and try and find his perspective is stretching the bound of Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
does that apply to the citizens as well? i mean yea even though 1st chapter seems that the citizens are fine with him
Old 2014-08-01, 16:28   Link #448
Zakoo

Some of them like him, others still supporting the old empire despise him ("dog of the new empire") or for other reasons.

Though the reason some citizens like him is because of his job.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 16:41   Link #449
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Though the reason some citizens like him is because of his job.
This, basically all of the people that we see him interact with are his usual "customers", to whom he already gave proof of having a good disposition and having a nice personality.

From a perspective, he had then built himself a pretty nice environment there (of which he was the cute shota servant of ). The only scratch seems to be, how evidently is put to the reader that he doesn't have place of his own, and has to rely in someone's kindness else it's sleeping with the owls.

Aaaaaaaaand, it has been already spoiled that the same thing is going to happen in the academy (aceptance).

Quote:
I think Lyegree would be better. What do you think?
Lygree sounds more royal like, don't you think? Is this a noble? Name or Last Name? A female sukeban?

Speaking of, Liger already has a kana form (it's a mech) and it's not similar to ライグリィ
Old 2014-08-01, 17:45   Link #450
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Okay, let's do a little thought experiment here.
  • The princess has a clear grudge against the former empire
  • Lux is part of the royal family, and therefore in the eyes of everyone essentially the former empire in distilled form
  • We know that the empire treated women as toys or guinea pigs
  • The princess has something beyond just wanting to beat the formal empire

Do you understand where I'm going with this?
I get what you mean, but her behave is just bitch.
. As far as she knows lux is bastard, little power and one CHILD back in the old 3mpire.
He working hard almost slave isnot enough?
Yeah, but the old empire dont exist anymore, so what she does to him is not the same the old empire did to woman? They were bastards, so she is a bitch too.
Well she did anything back there? Not she was a chld same as lux so whats the deal?
I am not saying she dont has motive but she is only misplace her grudge onto lux, for that i say she is a bitch.
Yeah after she melted and all is good but at begining she is bitch...
The author is going to pair she and lux, but i like more kurulu even i dont read from her yet:heh
Edit: so in WW2 all the german needed kill them?
Or the usa after atomic bomb reap the same?
I say that coz misplace the anger in inocent people is just biased,yeah there are much examples but there mean nothing... coz is job of the new govern protect his citicens...
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 17:49   Link #451
bakato

Quote:

You were saying?

That could be anything unless slaves live with their fathers and made privy to secret passages.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 18:39   Link #452
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
How about Laiguly ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 00:28   Link #453
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
I get what you mean, but her behave is just bitch.
. As far as she knows lux is bastard, little power and one CHILD back in the old 3mpire.
He working hard almost slave isnot enough?
Yeah, but the old empire dont exist anymore, so what she does to him is not the same the old empire did to woman? They were bastards, so she is a bitch too.
Well she did anything back there? Not she was a chld same as lux so whats the deal?
I am not saying she dont has motive but she is only misplace her grudge onto lux, for that i say she is a bitch.
Yeah after she melted and all is good but at beginning she is bitch...
The author is going to pair she and lux, but i like more kurulu even i dont read from her yet:heh
Edit: so in WW2 all the german needed kill them?
Or the usa after atomic bomb reap the same?
I say that coz misplace the anger in inocent people is just biased,yeah there are much examples but there mean nothing... coz is job of the new govern protect his citizens...
Okay, I just said she doesn't know that he was an outcast bastard child.

And what is happening to him is not remotely the same as what happened to slaves in the empire, unless he has to accept human experimentation and sexual requests as well.

And I didn't say "germans", I said "son of Hitler". As in directly connected by blood to the person who is personally responsible for all of those horrible things.
Old 2014-08-02, 05:08   Link #454
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Okay, I just said she doesn't know that he was an outcast bastard child.

And what is happening to him is not remotely the same as what happened to slaves in the empire, unless he has to accept human experimentation and sexual requests as well.

And I didn't say "germans", I said "son of Hitler". As in directly connected by blood to the person who is personally responsible for all of those horrible things.
I only want to say that for all the reason she could has she , she is only vent her anger in someone inocent( for all she knows) even he is former prince, he was a child!!! They spare his life and her sister? Jo jo the queen knows his power, their new empire is worth of nothing and she know that they intent any harm to lux, they are doomed so benevolent my ass
When you has a Op ally, even you got the kingdom coz him, the clever is not being respectfull?
some along the queen is benevolent and treat the former kingdom kids fairly?
No they push to him a injust debt and his sister hostage? They are pretty idiots

Ed. So hitler had a little child(5-10) he deserved death or jail or slavery? Being a child?
That is not blame a inocent for the father sins?
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 07:21   Link #455
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
I only want to say that for all the reason she could has she , she is only vent her anger in someone inocent( for all she knows) even he is former prince, he was a child!!! They spare his life and her sister? Jo jo the queen knows his power, their new empire is worth of nothing and she know that they intent any harm to lux, they are doomed so benevolent my ass
When you has a Op ally, even you got the kingdom coz him, the clever is not being respectfull?
some along the queen is benevolent and treat the former kingdom kids fairly?
No they push to him a injust debt and his sister hostage? They are pretty idiots

Ed. So hitler had a little child(5-10) he deserved death or jail or slavery? Being a child?
That is not blame a inocent for the father sins?
Spoiler for Lizsh:
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:26   Link #456
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i read the 1st chapter of the manga. Interesting.
So from what i understand, our MC Lux was a prince of the former regime before being overthrown by a rebellion. He and his sister are given amnesty where he becomes a "servant" to the people while his sister attends the royal military academy.

So is the princess of the new kingdom grudge against him over him peeping her body or that he's member of the old royal family her family over thrown? If the answer contains spoilers, put it in the spoiler box since i want to read manga unspoiled.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2014-08-02 at 10:41.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:28   Link #457
Zakoo

It's both more or less. Though if you watch closely the image when Lux falls over her you may understand why.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:58   Link #458
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So i read the 1st chapter of the manga. Interesting.
So from what i understand, our MC Lux was a prince of the former regime before being overthrown by rebellion. He and his sister are given amnesty where he becomes a "servant" to the people while his sister attends the royal military academy.

So is the princess of the new kingdom grudge against him over him peeping her body or that he's member of the old royal family her family over thrown? If the answer contains spoilers, put it in the spoiler box since i want to read manga unspoiled.
It is because he saw her naked body.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:52   Link #459
Jirachier

So I read chapter 3, Lux was having so much trouble dealing with the princess, does this mean she's nearly as skilled as him or is the Divine drag-ride is on a completely different dimension in comparison to a general purpose one, I mean like 100 times better.
Old 2014-08-02, 10:58   Link #460
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
So I read chapter 3, Lux was having so much trouble dealing with the princess, does this mean she's nearly as skilled as him or is the Divine drag-ride is on a completely different dimension in comparison to a general purpose one, I mean like 100 times better.
Think Divine Drag-Ride is basically a super mech with special ability while normal Drag-ride is the real type without one.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere