AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 20:01   Link #941
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
As Lantern said, both of them have a Yesod fragment now (Emi has the one that was originally part of Better-half which has now fused with Alas, and Maou has Ashies). Considering what gave Emilia an edge against Maou back in the day was better-half, I suppose Maou may have the upper hand now, considering he was already strong on his own, and now he's got a fragment too.

That being said, from what I've read about the latest volume, it seems Lailah hinted Emilia may be stronger than she seems. So, though I'm sure right now Maou is stronger, who knows how things will be in later volumes.
Does Maou's fragment have a human form and when did he get one?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 20:09   Link #942
Used Can

Ashies? Yes, she's the girl that looks like an older Alas Ramus (but who actually considers herself the younger sister).

Ashies has been in the story since volume 8, and she worked with Maou during volume 10. She was raised by Nord (Emilia's father), whom she refers to as her father. She likes Maou a lot.
Old 2014-07-29, 20:11   Link #943
bakato

Quote:
Ashies? Yes, she's the girl that looks like an older Alas Ramus (but who actually considers herself the younger sister).

Ashies has been in the story since volume 8, and she worked with Maou during volume 10. She was raised by Nord (Emilia's father), whom she refers to as her father. She likes Maou a lot.
Oh, her. Really now!? But I wouldn't expect her to be at Maou's beck and call since she's basically grown up.
Old 2014-07-29, 20:14   Link #944
Used Can

Don't get me wrong. She likes him a lot, but not romantically.
Ashies is very innocent.
Old 2014-07-29, 20:16   Link #945
bakato

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. She likes him a lot, but not romantically.
Ashies is very innocent.
I hear you, but she's not like Ramus who's by Eimi's side pretty much all the time. She's got her own life doesn't she?

And while we're at this, could you tell me how a regular Maou stacks up against an angel?
Old 2014-07-29, 20:45   Link #946
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I hear you, but she's not like Ramus who's by Eimi's side pretty much all the time. She's got her own life doesn't she?
Ashies has her own life, since she lives with Nord.

Quote:
And while we're at this, could you tell me how a regular Maou stacks up against an angel?
It depends on the angel.
You saw Sariel got his ass handed to him by Maou. On the other hand, Gabriel kicked Maou's ass (he hadn't fused with Ashies back then, though).
Old 2014-07-29, 20:55   Link #947
bakato

Quote:
As Lantern said, both of them have a Yesod fragment now (Emi has the one that was originally part of Better-half which has now fused with Alas, and Maou has Ashies). Considering what gave Emilia an edge against Maou back in the day was better-half, I suppose Maou may have the upper hand now, considering he was already strong on his own, and now he's got a fragment too.

That being said, from what I've read about the latest volume, it seems Lailah hinted Emilia may be stronger than she seems. So, though I'm sure right now Maou is stronger, who knows how things will be in later volumes.
About this, wouldn't Emi still be stronger since she's got two fragments now?

Quote:
Ashies has her own life, since she lives with Nord.

It depends on the angel.
You saw Sariel got his ass handed to him by Maou. On the other hand, Gabriel kicked Maou's ass (he hadn't fused with Ashies back then, though).
So Maou can't always use her since their arrangement isn't as permanent as Emi and Ramus'.

I'm a little disappointed that our Maou can't beat every angel.
Old 2014-07-29, 22:09   Link #948
Used Can

Quote:
About this, wouldn't Emi still be stronger since she's got two fragments now?
Alas did give her a boost, which is what allowed them to deal with Gabriel, but Maou was already rather strong on his own. So, him working with Ashies is quite the boost.

Quote:
So Maou can't always use her since their arrangement isn't as permanent as Emi and Ramus'.
Yeah, it isn't permanent, since she fuses with Maou's body (when the innocent Ashies said that - that she and Maou became one - Chiho became really jealous), and they can separate.
However, as I said, she really likes Maou, so she'll likely be helping him in the future.

Quote:
I'm a little disappointed that our Maou can't beat every angel.
It's the opposite for me. I'm glad there are opponents he cannot beat. I think it makes things interesting.
That being said, Gabriel really isn't a bad guy.
Old 2014-08-05, 16:38   Link #949
Kakurin
大佐

Haven't had much time to translate. So for now only the first two pages of chapter 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
Old 2014-08-05, 16:41   Link #950
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Haven't had much time to translate. So for now only the first two pages of chapter 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
Thank You! So Emilia spent all her savings on her old man?
Old 2014-08-05, 16:55   Link #951
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Thank You! So Emilia spent all her savings on her old man?
iirc Emi spent all her savings because Maou's plan to help her find a job (by taunting her and then give her a job hunting category) backfired as he was being a complete tsundere
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 16:56   Link #952
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
iirc Emi spent all her savings because Maou's plan to help her find a job backfired as he was being a complete tsundere
Now, I'm just confused, what did she have to spend her savings on?
Old 2014-08-05, 16:58   Link #953
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ Maou made up a bunch of reasons on how Emi owe him for his expenses (such as the bike, and him taking time off from work etc) during his trip to save her from Ente Isla. Even though he didn't really mean it.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 17:06   Link #954
bakato

Quote:
^ Maou made up a bunch of reasons on how Emi owe him for his expenses (such as the bike, and him taking time off from work etc) during his trip to save her from Ente Isla. Even though he didn't really mean it.
Oh, yeah. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2014-08-05, 17:14   Link #955
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Yep, that's why loan repayments is in quotation marks. And why the extent of those repayments exceeded Emi's imagination. She's far too intelligent to make a dumb mistake like being unable to calculate the amount of a regular loan.
Old 2014-08-06, 19:38   Link #956
Used Can

Couldn't she just teach languages privately? That shouldn't stand out to much, and would actually be safer for her, since she wouldn't even be in a payroll.
Considering her ability to learn nearly everything, almost perfectly (if not perfectly) in almost no time, you would think she would have quite some options far better than MgR's.
But well, I suppose this was for comedy's sake.
Old 2014-08-07, 04:25   Link #957
Mentar
Banned

HERESY!

The very thought of having Emi and Maou clash at MgR makes me shiver with delight. How could you even THINK of denying us this treat?

(Remember the MgR illustration with both Emi and Maou evilly glaring at each other? This is comedy gold!)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 09:35   Link #958
5ftpixie

Spoiler for maouemi:
5ftpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 09:39   Link #959
5ftpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
HERESY!

The very thought of having Emi and Maou clash at MgR makes me shiver with delight. How could you even THINK of denying us this treat?

(Remember the MgR illustration with both Emi and Maou evilly glaring at each other? This is comedy gold!)
Spoiler for maouemi:
5ftpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 13:46   Link #960
Maracuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ftpixie View Post
Spoiler for maouemi:
I can't wait for this. They're so cute together!
Maracuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance