AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 09:03   Link #441
cleo

I get the impression that Sachi sees Hiro as a loyal puppy. She likes him and likes the attention, but I really don't see any romantic sparks from her. It's not like her face lights up when she sees him. So I was really surprised when she promoted him to her boyfriend. And I interpreted that scene at the 12th minute as her lying to Hiro to get rid of him as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if she's used to be treated as 'special' because of her poor health. So Hiro not supporting her surprised her. And she might be just jealous that Touko has another person in her life now who's special to her.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:11   Link #442
Huepute

I just have a weird feeling about these vision...

1. Kakeru falling with the black&white bird painting behind him
2. Yanagi walk away and the birds fly toward Touko

Kakeru & Yanagi ... A possibly couple? -_-''
Huepute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 10:18   Link #443
Peanutbutter

Why am I thinking at the end of this series, nothing will get resolved and everything will be "opened for discussions"?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 10:19   Link #444
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huepute View Post
I just have a weird feeling about these vision...

1. Kakeru falling with the black&white bird painting behind him
2. Yanagi walk away and the birds fly toward Touko

Kakeru & Yanagi ... A possibly couple? -_-''
1. Black&white birds = Dissociative identity disorder
2. Crows = Death
Old 2014-08-15, 10:22   Link #445
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Well, everyone who took Psychology as an optative in highschool should know what that theory it's about, it's not like it's really obscure or anything...
Well, I wasn't really reviewing that theory there, obscure was intended more as a way to avoid me the burden to outline it in relation to the show. In any case in my country the high school system doesn't comprehend psychology courses at all, nor optional courses.

About Sachi, what really differentiated her relationship from Touko's is how she jumped to the boyfriend definition without caring to ask Hiro. That's fishy, you usually don't do it unless, well, your aim is to avoid all the intimate exchanges that usually occur in those moments. She could have thought that saying that aloud Hiro would have been happy and she could have complete her scheme. In short, a trade. Without malice, but still a trade.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 12:39   Link #446
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
12th minute. She sees Touko coming and tells Hiro her tests are starting soon, so he leaves.
It looked to me like she only noticed Touko coming after she told Hiro that her tests are starting soon.

In any event, this isn't necessarily a "lie". "Soon" could legitimately mean "in 30 minutes" which would still be enough time for Touko's brief conversation with Sachi.

Honestly, the fact that some people are turning to very minor and ambiguous content like this to support a supposed yuri pairing tells me that those people might be wearing yuri goggles a bit too tightly and should consider alternate/simpler interpretations.
Old 2014-08-15, 14:03   Link #447
cleo

I don't think Sacchi has romantic feelings for Touko, but there hasn't been any indication that she has them for Hiro either. That's why it came as such a surprise that she suddenly called him her boyfriend. And also after that declaration, it's Hiro who's blushing, while you see no change in her whatsoever. So I do think she got rid of Hiro to spent time with Touko. The way she used him is clear indication that Touko is more important to her than Hiro imo.
I think up till now Touko only shared her secret about 'seeing things' with Sachi. And now suddenly there's Kakeru who not only shares that secret, but he can help Touko in a way Sachi can't. She's probably afraid that Kakeru is taking her position as special friend, and she hates him for it.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:34   Link #448
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, the fact that some people are turning to very minor and ambiguous content like this to support a supposed yuri pairing tells me that those people might be wearing yuri goggles a bit too tightly and should consider alternate/simpler interpretations.
Yea, I think certain things are "viable" but saying it is obvious isn't really correct based off that. There's also different levels of attraction. Like Sachi could like Hiro but not really enough to carry it out so she keeps him away in fear of ruining friendships. Well, she kinda damaged it anyways so such a fear isn't wrong.

I'm by no means opposed to this kind of thing. And I mean I know RRR here isn't yuriphobic by any means, and then again coming from the myself that points out possible yuri in stuff like Little Busters, I shouldn't really be talking either.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 15:40   Link #449
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It looked to me like she only noticed Touko coming after she told Hiro that her tests are starting soon.

In any event, this isn't necessarily a "lie". "Soon" could legitimately mean "in 30 minutes" which would still be enough time for Touko's brief conversation with Sachi.

That's why I didn't think too much of it at the time. Especially since in similar circumstances at her home, Hiro decamped of his own initiative and she looked like she'd have been perfectly fine with him staying.

Still, now, I can see why one would think that she lied. Why show Touko arriving just before she announced her tests? And had her face toward the window?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 18:26   Link #450
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Why am I thinking at the end of this series, nothing will get resolved and everything will be "opened for discussions"?
It won't be much of a discussion if they continue down this path. As per Adam Jensen: "I never asked for this".
Old 2014-08-15, 19:46   Link #451
Matilda8

Until now i think the most developed character is been Yukinari cause i know what his feelings are since episode one , he is in love with Touko, and care about her an help her with all her crazy ideas, he is a good friend, he understand exactly whats happening in the circle of friendship, he immediately know that touko has been attraacted to Okikura and Hiro liking Sachi, he only fails in recognize Yana feelings for him, he stays true to himself and make his fight to wins Touko´s heart, even after he was pitiful friendzoned he stills want to stay beside her that takes a lot of courage , he is awkward with Yanagui after confession and i understand that she put him unnecessarily in an awful situation comparable to the Okikura challenge, they seems to really pull the strings i think this two characters (yana and okikura) are the most manipulative of all,Yuki gets angry and frustrated and thats fine i mean everyone have lost their cool once in a while and is not a bad thing, he react violently yes, but after that he apoligized and try to make things work, and then at his failure he focus in his running, for me that works he knows exactly what he wants and acts accordingly and i respect that, if his goals work or doesnt for him thats a different matter.

But Okikura is a weird guy no friends, no past , imaginary friends, akward relationship with his mother, he doesnt seems to want to make friends either , he appears from nowhere been all full of himself and tell touko to meet him in front of everyone marking his territory, that would give anyone distrust , i mean he just appear you dont know anything about him just that he threaten your chickens and tell you to meet him and leaves?? Wtf, he reject toukos invitation to climb, he put touko in a situations to pick a side, i think that´s not good either , if you love a person you have to at least bear the people that she loves i dont expect him become Friends with hers but at least not to make a rockus, telling her to pick a side she barely know you and her Friends have been with her forever , idk his talking to touko is totally weird i dont understand the connection there, i dont see him in love at all , Touko totally change her personality in this last episode she doesnt look happy to be "in love" she is not her bubble self, it seems to me that she is getting the "okikura disease" acting more like him least like herself, to me she is forcing herself to like okikura with all the people telling her that she likes him, that she seems in love, and the dreams and all that she just get suggestible , i dont really think that she knows what she wants, the same with Yana and Sachi i dont know what are they plotting .

So the only ones that i completly undestand is Yuki and Hiro but Hiro until know is not much of an impact in the current plot cause he is just been focus in been with Sachi but not really to worried about try to unit the Friends, like an intermediary to cool things off , and is like he doesn gets what is happing between them, they are falling apart, and also he is spending so much time with Sachi and not really know what her worries are, or whats happening in her mind until she has to say it out loud he is just been to oblivios to me , but well at least he could figure out sachi evil master plan and do something sachi deserve that and at least Hiro catch a glimpse of what is human nature (well anime nature lol) i mean not just beacuse she is quiet she just have good qualities, Hiro has to learn to handle if you are going to walk way because is not what your idolized vision expect to be or are you going to see her as she is and look beneath the Surface and really try to figure her out .
Matilda8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 10:33   Link #452
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

I'm by no means opposed to this kind of thing. And I mean I know RRR here isn't yuriphobic by any means, and then again coming from the myself that points out possible yuri in stuff like Little Busters, I shouldn't really be talking either.
I'm not saying that there's no chance of Sacchi having romantic feelings for Touko. There certainly is a chance of that. I'm just saying it's far from 100% definite.

Personally, I give it about 50/50 odds of Sacchi having romantic feelings for Touko. If she does have such feelings for Touko, then that alone would make Glasslip one of the most subtle anime shows I've ever watched.
Old 2014-08-16, 10:36   Link #453
Kazu-kun

I don't think that's the point. Her feelings could be platonic all the same. The point is that Touko's more important to her than Hiro. Far more important I'd say.
Old 2014-08-16, 12:14   Link #454
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Quote:
I'm not saying that there's no chance of Sacchi having romantic feelings for Touko. There certainly is a chance of that. I'm just saying it's far from 100% definite.

Personally, I give it about 50/50 odds of Sacchi having romantic feelings for Touko. If she does have such feelings for Touko, then that alone would make Glasslip one of the most subtle anime shows I've ever watched.
Yea I know, I wasn't disagreeing.

I would personally put it at 10% Touko, 12% Hiro, and 78% no idea what she's doing. Much like everyone else in the show and probably the show itself.

I think Glasslip has finally managed to reach in interesting crossroads. Whether it finally pulls everything together into a work of creativity and something to remember or just pulls off Another trainwreck, we'll just have to see.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-08-16, 17:19   Link #455
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think that's the point. Her feelings could be platonic all the same. The point is that Touko's more important to her than Hiro. Far more important I'd say.
Honestly, I agree with you here. Yes, Touko is more important to Sachi than Hiro is.

I probably should explain here that I don't think this view is incompatible with Sacchi viewing Hiro as her boyfriend.

Some people value their best friend over their boyfriend/girlfriend (if the two people aren't one and the same), at least if the bf/gf relationship is still young. I mean, I'm sure we're all familiar with the saying "bros before hos". Girls and women probably have their own equivalent to "bros before hos" though I can't think of a good, catchy rhyme to capture it, lol.

However, even with Sachi valuing Touko over Hiro, a bf/gf relationship does create some emotional connection at least. And I think that alone could explain Sachi's tearful response to how Hiro walked out on her the way he did.

Quote:
Yea I know, I wasn't disagreeing.

I would personally put it at 10% Touko, 12% Hiro, and 78% no idea what she's doing. Much like everyone else in the show and probably the show itself.
lol

Well, I'm going to give Glasslip the benefit of the doubt, because I see some moments of brilliance here and there, but I can understand why some viewers might find the show aimless and/or the characters inexplicable at times.
Old 2014-08-16, 17:43   Link #456
K-Lynnette

I like this show and I don’t think it’s bad as what people say, I think that the reason why people don’t like this anime is because they’re disappointed by the fact that the anime turned out to be different from what they expected it to be and not because of the anime itself.

I think that the main problem with this anime is that is trying so hard to be like true tears with a mixture of Nagi no Asukara polygon.

The excessive use of still shots, wired metaphors, chickens and things like ‘’seeing the future ‘’ is very reminiscent of true tears, not only that but the characters are also similar,Davied is like the female Noe but he seems to have a personality disorder ,Yanagi is a mixture of Chisaki and Hiromi but with a more outgoing personality and Hiro is the nice/idiotic guy who’s now getting played by some sadistic girl.

Touko and David’s relationship seems a bit rushed to be honest .Why does Touko keep having those weird visions? And what is her relationship with David? Have they met in the past?

Is Yanagi no longer interested in Yuki? It’s seems that way to me.

And Sachi just pulled an Aiko on us, I didn’t expect her to go this far and she came off as a complete villain this episode and not only did she hurt Hiro but Touko and Yanagi as well.I feel bad for her because She’s going to fail miserably. The writers are going to have to give her a lot of development to redeem her and I hope that she can learn from her mistakes and grow up like Aiko did.
K-Lynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 18:38   Link #457
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

I have no idea who this Aiko is, but I'm quite sure the circumstances are different.

Sachi seems to have realized what she's done after Hiro called her out on her bullshit. I think it makes both characters more interesting.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-08-16, 18:55   Link #458
K-Lynnette

Quote:
I have no idea who this Aiko is, but I'm quite sure the circumstances are different.

Sachi seems to have realized what she's done after Hiro called her out on her bullshit. I think it makes both characters more interesting.

Your right about that!

I know that the circumstances are different but the ''manipulation and using'' part on both situations is kind of similar even if the reasons are different.
K-Lynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 19:22   Link #459
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I have no idea who this Aiko is,
Ha ha! True Tears jokes never get old.

Quote:
Agreed. It shows that Hiro has more spine than I honestly thought he had, and it adds a lot of added dimension to Sachi.
Old 2014-08-16, 20:10   Link #460
mad_season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

- So the Escher paint came back, and maybe it could hide the key to understand all this mess, or maybe not. The only comprehensible bit of information somehow related to the paint I found (in an obscure psychological theory, named Gestaltism) is that The whole is other than the sum of the parts. Phrase that is quite fitting if you ask me, but merely descriptive. And it seems to indicate that I have to watch it til the end to get it.
I actually thought about this in relation to what Hina said in an early episode.

But episode 7 really is Sachi's turn.
mad_season is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glasslip, love polygon, p.a. works, romance, supernatural