AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 13:46   Link #1561
TAAP
TheAnimeAbroadPodcastCrew

The real disappointment definitely comes from the fact that they announced the third book wayy too shortly before actually airing it. I remember when we had to wait months for the first or second seasons to come out, but we already knew beforehand that we had to wait. Now it's more along the lines of, oh look new Korra! Just something for Nick to fill the spot rather than to take the spotlight. Nick managed one of its most popular series poorly and it's going to suffer for it. At least we got what they paid for and it'll all still be available to us.
Check us out! We're just a few folks doing reviews and posting news on anime.
TAAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 13:53   Link #1562
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

For those of you who are worried about animation quality dropping in Book 4. Don't be. The fast release is implying nothing.

It has been confirmed for a while now that the creators have been working for Book 2, 3 and 4 at the same time. In fact, Book 3 was ready months before it aired. That's why so much leaks happened. And they confirmed it that most of the Book 4 episodes were animated already when Book 3 was airing.

This is also the reason why we had to wait from Book 1 to Book 2 a year and a half. They were busy working on all three remaining seasons at the same time.

I'm quite excited for the final season. I know for sure that it's going to be great. I've been following this series from the start and loved it from the first episode. Korra herself might be my favorite character in general from all animated shows I've seen.

But boy, Fate/Stay Night and Korra coming out in October. This is gonna be a great month.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 13:58   Link #1563
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAAP View Post
The real disappointment definitely comes from the fact that they announced the third book wayy too shortly before actually airing it. I remember when we had to wait months for the first or second seasons to come out, but we already knew beforehand that we had to wait. Now it's more along the lines of, oh look new Korra! Just something for Nick to fill the spot rather than to take the spotlight. Nick managed one of its most popular series poorly and it's going to suffer for it. At least we got what they paid for and it'll all still be available to us.
I think part of the reason for the sudden deployment of episodes, beyond the inkling of a desire to simply move everything online, was due to the massive episode leak earlier this year. There is an interesting OP/ED article on Forbes detailing how Nick is potentially turning this debacle into a natural evolution for their programming block. The main gist of the article (here) is that Nick can diversify their programming block by providing older skewing programs online while still retaining their younger audiences through traditional means. It seems a little short-sighted, but it is still an interesting interpretation and speculation of events.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 18:56   Link #1564
TAAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think part of the reason for the sudden deployment of episodes, beyond the inkling of a desire to simply move everything online, was due to the massive episode leak earlier this year. There is an interesting OP/ED article on Forbes detailing how Nick is potentially turning this debacle into a natural evolution for their programming block. The main gist of the article (here) is that Nick can diversify their programming block by providing older skewing programs online while still retaining their younger audiences through traditional means. It seems a little short-sighted, but it is still an interesting interpretation and speculation of events.
It's definitely an interesting perspective, especially since the advertisements actually make them more online. Well, to be honest, I actually don't mind the online format at all, I just hope this short-sighted decision doesn't end with a long-term disappointment. Turning cash cow shows like LoK into marketing guinea pigs really seems like poor decision-making.
Old 2014-09-13, 02:42   Link #1565
Blaat

As you can probably tell by Levani's avatar Korra will get a redesign in book 4

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Really liking the hair.
Old 2014-09-13, 02:43   Link #1566
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I love Korra's hair, so seeing it let down more is a great thing.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 03:56   Link #1567
Farodin

I prefer open long hair but the new look still looks good on her.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 08:32   Link #1568
Digibeast
Going digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
For those of you who are worried about animation quality dropping in Book 4. Don't be. The fast release is implying nothing.

It has been confirmed for a while now that the creators have been working for Book 2, 3 and 4 at the same time. In fact, Book 3 was ready months before it aired. That's why so much leaks happened. And they confirmed it that most of the Book 4 episodes were animated already when Book 3 was airing.

This is also the reason why we had to wait from Book 1 to Book 2 a year and a half. They were busy working on all three remaining seasons at the same time.

I'm quite excited for the final season. I know for sure that it's going to be great. I've been following this series from the start and loved it from the first episode. Korra herself might be my favorite character in general from all animated shows I've seen.

But boy, Fate/Stay Night and Korra coming out in October. This is gonna be a great month.
Whoah!! how do you know all this?! hehe but that does make a lot of sense now that you've said it...

Hoping that book 4 is gonna be awesome since book 3 ended on a low note for Korra, the tear at the end was a great cliffhanger! XD
Digibeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:03   Link #1569
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post

Images
Really liking the hair.
I usually prefer long hair, but Korra actually looks pretty great with it short .

It looks like Korra at least recovers from her poisoning to be able stand and Bend, but the mental scarring is still probably just as present .
Old 2014-09-13, 12:02   Link #1570
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Korra looks badass here. How nice.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 13:01   Link #1571
Psyco Diver

Hmm her hair appears to be cut short. I wonder if shes going to push herself to become stronger and stronger so shes never hurt again or "never a victim again"
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 13:48   Link #1572
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Images
Really liking the hair.
For a someone like me that prefers long hair I have to say I actually think Korra looks better with short hair.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:37   Link #1573
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibeast View Post
Whoah!! how do you know all this?! hehe but that does make a lot of sense now that you've said it...

Hoping that book 4 is gonna be awesome since book 3 ended on a low note for Korra, the tear at the end was a great cliffhanger! XD
I'm a super fan of the franchise so I follow it thoroughly. Looking for news, interviews, behind the scenes and stuff like that. ^_^
Old 2014-09-13, 18:43   Link #1574
TAAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I'm a super fan of the franchise so I follow it thoroughly. Looking for news, interviews, behind the scenes and stuff like that. ^_^
I'm a huge fan myself, but for some reason I avoid things like this. I like the feeling of going into a show blind, sometimes trailers even bug me. The Book 3 trailer was great, though, that made me pretty happy. The hints of airbending and working out the meaning behind the various scenes was really nice.
Old 2014-09-14, 00:40   Link #1575
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
For a someone like me that prefers long hair I have to say I actually think Korra looks better with short hair.
It's either that or the enhanced skintones and general image quality to make her look more girly.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 02:17   Link #1576
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Korra looks good with short hair.
Old 2014-09-16, 10:38   Link #1577
Blaat

Clip of season 4, Korra in a wheelchair still gets me.
Old 2014-09-16, 10:41   Link #1578
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

She looks way better now though. I wonder how much time has passed since Book 3 finale?
Old 2014-09-16, 12:59   Link #1579
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Clip of season 4, Korra in a wheelchair still gets me.
I shouldn't have watched that...now I need more.

Rest of episode plz, kthxbye!!!

*sigh* -_-
Old 2014-09-16, 14:29   Link #1580
foxbox360
New Age Badass

a close brush with death can give everybody nightmares.

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra