AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-13, 03:58   Link #181
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Tatsuya is very super strong in being malicious you know hehehe

Probably he can kill him if he used material burst point blank to barrier something guy

Currently: Yuzuru.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 04:55   Link #182
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Ya, seems like many of us are thinking too far ahead.
But, it is good that the author is finally giving Tatsuya a way to counter Phalanx.
We may not see it completed in this volume, but it would be fun to see if Tatsuya's FAE barrier and Phalanx to crash.

By the way, after reading all the spoilers until now,
I feel like Yotsuba Maya may become the ultimate winner at the end.

1. Kudou Retsu who wanted to weaken Yotsuba, is disgraced and lost most of influences in vol. 13. And, Kudou's relationship with Zhou may cause the collapse of Kudou family.

2. Saegusa who has been picking on Yotsuba and building the faction against Yotsuba, is facing its end. They may lose 10MC position or possibly become Extra.

3. Zhou who wants to destroy Yotsuba, has lost most of its assets, and his schemes were failed. If his plan to use traditionalists fails, he might have to retreat from Japan or can get killed. And, if Yotsuba gets Zhou and his confession regarding Kudou and Saegusa, both Kudou and Saegusa may have to become pawns of Yotsuba, or Maya can disgrace their families, both houses of Kudou and Saegusa will collapse.

4. At the same time, Yotsuba is sending Tatsuya who is not a member of family, so even if he faces his demise, Yotsuba will not bleed from conflicts against traditionalists.

I think, Maya ask Tatsuya a favor because if he is operating under the order of Maya, his action may represent Yotsuba, so he would not gain any help from Kudou who probably has a vast intelligence against traditionalists. But if he is working independently, his chance of getting help from Kudou increases. Furthermore, even if Tatsuya fails or get caught or whatever, Maya can claim, Tatsuya is running his own operation, and it has nothing to do with Yotsuba. Yotsuba can just walk away from this without any damage.

So, I think, Maya will be the winner.
And, I am wondering how the direction of Mahouka is going with Tatsuya.
Through volumes, Tatsuya's position is officially the same. But, his treatment is slowly changing at the school and possibly in the family.
(Well, in order to have a better confirmation we may have to see how Aoki behaves in front of Tatsuya in the future. lol)
man, zhou just a pawn...
his big boss Jiedo Heigu (the black sage - i think he is a korean man??) still around make a mess...
hayama also mention to maya about tatsuya have a capability to locate where 'Echelon III', losing him are not an option for maya...
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 05:04   Link #183
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
man, zhou just a pawn...
his big boss Jiedo Heigu (the black sage - i think he is a korean man??) still around make a mess...
hayama also mention to maya about tatsuya have a capability to locate where 'Echelon III', losing him are not an option for maya...
He is from Dae Han. Dae Han is not located at the Korean peninsula.
Dae Han's "Han"'s pronunciation is the same, but the Korea's "Han" and Dae Han's "Han" are using different Chinese character.

Echelon III is the information interception system developed by the USNA. Seven sages have a backdoor key to the system. So far, Raymond Clark, Jiedo Heigu, and Maya are three out of those seven people who can access to Echelon III through backdoors. Based on the information from Clark Sage, it is not expensive to build the Hliðskjálf that allows one to access to Echelon III. We still do not know what intelligence Tatsuya got from Raymond through Shizuku. So, who knows, Tatsuya may be secretly building Hliðskjálf without Maya's knowledge. Maya has another plan for Tatsuya, but it is not disclosed to audiences yet (I think... did I miss something?). Based on her scheming until now, I do not think there is nothing good comes out of this for Tatsuya.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 05:16   Link #184
black_cat1

Quote:
Dae Han's "Han"'s pronunciation is the same, but the Korea's "Han" and Dae Han's "Han" are using different Chinese character.
It is Dai not Dae, Dai mean great in Chinese.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 05:52   Link #185
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
man, zhou just a pawn...
Pretty sure Zhou has his own agenda, he actually disagrees with the way his boss's methods. He could betray him at any moment.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 06:04   Link #186
tuckersister

I really do think that Tatsuya will form his own faction.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 06:27   Link #187
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
i dunno, probably yes or no
Old 2014-09-13, 07:10   Link #188
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Pretty sure Zhou has his own agenda, he actually disagrees with the way his boss's methods. He could betray him at any moment.
If Zhou has the access to Echelon III, he probably becomes bigger threat than his boss.
And, who knew Nakura would die this fast? The author can kill off Jiedo Heigu and may turn Zhou into the big bad wolf quicker than what we think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Unfortunately, I do not think, he can build the faction easily. Every skilled battle magicians are belonging to one group or another. If there are some skilled battle magicians outside of number system, there are recruited to the 101 battalion. So, in order for Tatsuya to build his own official faction, he would need a large sum of capital power as well as political power in order to attract and look after people who joins his group. And, Tatsuya simply does not have it, yet.
Old 2014-09-13, 07:40   Link #189
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Unfortunately, I do not think, he can build the faction easily. Every skilled battle magicians are belonging to one group or another. If there are some skilled battle magicians outside of number system, there are recruited to the 101 battalion. So, in order for Tatsuya to build his own official faction, he would need a large sum of capital power as well as political power in order to attract and look after people who joins his group. And, Tatsuya simply does not have it, yet.
yep, it not so easy but for the basis, he already have but still dunno how to pull everything together coz he lack information about many~thing but mostly about himself. yess, he still dont understand himself.
Old 2014-09-13, 09:02   Link #190
Echizen777

Tatsuya is already an asset of the Yotsuba, he doesn't need his own faction, he can require their help, or work with the 101 if necessary or just ask his friends.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:09   Link #191
chaosbeowulf

Quote:

Echelon III is the information interception system developed by the USNA. Seven sages have a backdoor key to the system. So far, Raymond Clark, Jiedo Heigu, and Maya are three out of those seven people who can access to Echelon III through backdoors. Based on the information from Clark Sage, it is not expensive to build the Hliðskjálf that allows one to access to Echelon III. We still do not know what intelligence Tatsuya got from Raymond through Shizuku. So, who knows, Tatsuya may be secretly building Hliðskjálf without Maya's knowledge. Maya has another plan for Tatsuya, but it is not disclosed to audiences yet (I think... did I miss something?). Based on her scheming until now, I do not think there is nothing good comes out of this for Tatsuya.
Speaking of which, is Maya aware that Tatsuya was contacted by Raymond? IIRC, the seven sages that have the backdoor access to Echelon III are not aware of each other, aren't they?
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:44   Link #192
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya is already an asset of the Yotsuba, he doesn't need his own faction, he can require their help, or work with the 101 if necessary or just ask his friends.
Yotsuba claims his ownership, and he is under the Yotsuba's fighting force for now, but he has no loyalty to the group, and the story is being developed in the way that Tatsuya cannot really call the 101 battalion as allies. So, we cannot really label Yotsuba and the 101 battalion as friendly forces. (It is kind of funny. Kazama and 101 battalion were featured as very trustable allies especially during the first 9SC. Within one year, seems like the story took completely different direction.) And,Yotsuba's resource is not free, and he does not wish to rely on them as much as possible.

If you remember the time when Kazama ordered Tatsuya to use Material Bust, the decision seemed to be made by Kazama. Maya did not question in detail, but Kazama seems to have his own agenda or possibly ambition by using Tatsuya. Especially after vol. 12 and 13, I felt like, he is simply using Tatsuya as a tool just like Yotsuba.

In some perspective, Zhou's objective may also benefit Tatsuya. Zhou's objective is weakening Japan both the army and 10MC especially Yotsuba.
Based on the story progress until vol. 13, the 101 battalion's position in army may get strengthened as Kudou's influence declines.
On 10 MC side, as Saegusa digs its own grave, Yotsuba will become unchallenged. In the big picture, strengthening 101 battalion and Yotsuba is not a great news for Tatsuya. If Yotsuba falls, the 101 battalion will claim Tatsuya and probably lock him up in lab or prison. He is already bugged and monitored 24/7, so he is already in semi-invisible prison, and they already conspire with Yotsuba to throw Tatsuya in the middle of lion's den, so I think, anything is possible at this point. And, if Yotsuba remains powerful, Tatsuya's fortune will remain the same.

So, I am also hoping Zhou to do some serious damages to both groups before he gets killed by Tatsuya.
Then, Tatsuya can build his own faction that he can belong while enjoying reasonable level of supports and protections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbeowulf View Post
Speaking of which, is Maya aware that Tatsuya was contacted by Raymond? IIRC, the seven sages that have the backdoor access to Echelon III are not aware of each other, aren't they?
No. she is not aware.
And, they know each other's existence, but identity seems to be sealed, but Ray found out the Jiedo Heigu. So, if one wants, they can track down each other.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-09-13 at 12:31.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:43   Link #193
zerozeronine

Saeguesa might fall from grace?What will happen to Mayumi and the twins??
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 12:55   Link #194
dinamox

I can not even imagine a scenario in which the Saegusa family is no longer part of 10CM
dinamox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 12:56   Link #195
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Saeguesa might fall from grace?What will happen to Mayumi and the twins??
I remember, it was discussed sometime ago at the Mayumi thread about the possibility of Saegusa becoming Extra, and interestingly the story is leading to this direction. lol

Nothing is certain for now. So far, Nakura died while trying to cut the connection with Zhou in order to avoid the accusation of treason on his employer's family.

So far, Saegusa Koichi has been supporting anti-magic movement in order to pressure Yotsuba. Juumonji found it out and made the formal request for explaining what is going on. So, other 10MC or 17 support families may know about this, too. If something bad happens like being accused of treason, Saegusa may lose supports from others.

Especially if Saegusa Koichi gets caught while working with Zhou who has been related Yokohama invasion, Blanche, and no head dragon. They will fall from the grace. Possibly, they may become extra like Ichihara family and Nakura family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamox View Post
I can not even imagine a scenario in which the Saegusa family is no longer part of 10CM
So far, this is what spoiler is telling us. It may not happen. Everything will depends on the Zhou. I carefully assume, if Zhou gets caught, Yotsuba will have a great weapon against Saegusa. At that point, everything will be upto Maya.

But, who knows.... If Tatsuya kills off Zhou and remove all the evidence, well, it may get interesting.... lol.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-09-13 at 13:08.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:58   Link #196
dinamox

but it would be nice if tatsuya put a halt on koichi`s ego
dinamox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 14:25   Link #197
Zoks

Quote:
What ego? He's trying to check the Yotsuba's power. The other clans don't stand a chance against them. From his perspective, if he leaves things alone the other clans will simply fall into irrelevance as the Yotsuba control everything. Don't forget, he has no idea that Tatsuya isn't keen on playing along with the Yotsuba forever. If he knew that, he'd be throwing all three of his daughters at him to seduce him away.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 16:01   Link #198
encoreAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
What ego? He's trying to check the Yotsuba's power. The other clans don't stand a chance against them. From his perspective, if he leaves things alone the other clans will simply fall into irrelevance as the Yotsuba control everything. Don't forget, he has no idea that Tatsuya isn't keen on playing along with the Yotsuba forever. If he knew that, he'd be throwing all three of his daughters at him to seduce him away.

Yes please. That would be the best thing ever!!!
encoreAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 16:08   Link #199
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Tatsuya cannot stop him. If there was, it was Yotsuba Maya.
But, it is too late, and if Yotsuba has Zhou, Saegusa's fate will be on the hand of Yostuba. The last spoiler also mentioned about the 101 battalion but with no detail.
I do not know how far this guys go. But, if Kazama catches Zhou, he and his men may cause even bigger trouble because they dislike 10MC in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
No, I think, you are confused with Kudou Retsu and Saegusa Koichi. If I remember correctly, what you just said, were Kudou Retsu's words when Retsu had a conversation with Kazama during the first 9SC. Kudou Retsu concerned about the balance between 10MC. But, Saegusa Koichi simply does not like Yotsuba and envy its strength. He used the concept of balancing 10MC in order to persuade the Kudou Retsu when Koichi was planning to use media to indirectly attack Yotsuba by boosting anti-magic sentiments among public.

According to the conversation between Kyoukyo and Retsu, seems like an incident 30 years ago made him who he is now.

During the parasite incident, he wanted the parasite because Yotsuba Maya wanted it.
So, some of guys in the forum assumed, Koichi may still have a crush on Maya because he is simply going after the parasite because Maya is going after it. lol.
He may have been picking on Yotsuba in order to get some attentions from Maya. lol.

And, Saegusa Koichi does not have any intelligence on Tatsuya. He only knows, Tatsuya is in the 101 battalion, and he assumed he may have a connection with Yotsuba because Yotsuba is sponsoring the 101 battalion.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:26   Link #200
Zoks

Quote:
No, I think, you are confused with Kudou Retsu and Saegusa Koichi. If I remember correctly, what you just said, were Kudou Retsu's words when Retsu had a conversation with Kazama during the first 9SC. Kudou Retsu concerned about the balance between 10MC. But, Saegusa Koichi simply does not like Yotsuba and envy its strength. He used the concept of balancing 10MC in order to persuade the Kudou Retsu when Koichi was planning to use media to indirectly attack Yotsuba by boosting anti-magic sentiments among public.

According to the conversation between Kyoukyo and Retsu, seems like an incident 30 years ago made him who he is now.

During the parasite incident, he wanted the parasite because Yotsuba Maya wanted it.
So, some of guys in the forum assumed, Koichi may still have a crush on Maya because he is simply going after the parasite because Maya is going after it. lol.
He may have been picking on Yotsuba in order to get some attentions from Maya. lol.

And, Saegusa Koichi does not have any intelligence on Tatsuya. He only knows, Tatsuya is in the 101 battalion, and he assumed he may have a connection with Yotsuba because Yotsuba is sponsoring the 101 battalion.
It doesn't matter what personally motivates him, his overall goal is to keep the Yotsuba in check. He hasn't shown a desire to outright destroy them. He might not be specifically motivated to preserve the balance, but that is in his best interest. Well that or to take the Yotsuba's position of #1 for his own clan instead.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc