AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-21, 08:05   Link #501
blewin

Seriously, Slaine saving Saazbaum is just bad writing. Don't forget, Slaine tries to kill Saazbaum during dinner time when the counts makes it clear that he has no intention of saving the princess at all. If Slaine can go into any length to save Seylum, even stealing the sky carrier in the first place, keeping his mouth shut while being tortured and threatened with a gun on his head, there's no way he'd save Saazbaum. Isn't it more like him to wait things out and battle Inaho when Saazbaum is taken care of?

Bad writing.... But the anime is worth it for me to try to overlook that glaring flaw...

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2014-09-21, 08:06   Link #502
Alf

I'm pretty much satified with both expected and surprise events. It's good they actually give sufficient screen time for the fight between Inaho and Saaz, which is quite good to watch, while also giving enough time for other important scenes. And the last feels like everything crumbles and fall apart with Slaine as the sole survivor bearing some serious scar.

At the end, at least Slaine is getting over his childhood of being the princess's puppy. He really is going to grow in the next season, with what Saaz had left in his mind. Combinded with the Aldnoah access right, it seems he's being set as the protagonist of the next season, especially if he indeed toke Asseylum with him.

Asseylum dies for the third time, and I'm pretty much convinced that she will come back for more misery. She is the one to get killed everytime she actually do anything important. The speech from Inaho about how to stop a war will probably change her course of action, and for the very same reason she will be afar from Inaho for sure.

I'm not very sure about Inaho being living or dead. He seems very dead for what is shown on screen, but you don't know. But even if he comes back, he may not the first protagonist role because his scars will make him too perfect for an MC. The revived masked/eyepatched man as many anticipated might work, and something like "previous work MC" might fit him better.

Slaine being able to activate Aldnoah drive now is quite a surprise. Although it might fit by theory about Dr. Troyard finding hint about access to Aldnoah drive as a key to solve the feudal system problem, it contradicts my previous theory about the princess being key to Aldnoah access for younger generation.(well, two theory contradicts each other anyway)

By the way, Diocarion "Gattai" sequence is really cool. I LOLed and yelled shot him down
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Even if that didn't kill him on the spot, he's suffered quite an impressive amount of blood loss. That is actually quite fatal for someone like him as he is AB gata, which is a freaking damn rare blood type. He's dead. The worst thing is that, as far as I remember, the only character in the entire series that is also AB-gata might be Saaz which is ... lying 10 meters away from Inaho's body. Wait a minute.
Well, AB type is rare but actually it's possible for AB type patient to receive blood doner of all other types, while O type can only receive O type. But yeah it's common in anime and some other dramas to say AB- is the most difficult type to find donors. It really depends....
Old 2014-09-21, 08:09   Link #503
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I think Inaho will survive here. That gunshot is too ambiguous to me.
Old 2014-09-21, 08:22   Link #504
cyth
Banned

What? He pulls out an Abdul and gets away with a scratched skull?

I liked Inaho, but if they bring him back that spells such bad precedent. It's like you can't believe anyone is dead in anime anymore. People don't die when they are killed anymore.
Old 2014-09-21, 08:37   Link #505
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
from img thread
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

internet people work really fast don't they ?

Lol. I guess this is why Inaho smiled when he saw Slaine. "Hey, there's someone here that can end my suffering and give me a couple's death with her. YAY"
Old 2014-09-21, 08:54   Link #506
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
What? He pulls out an Abdul and gets away with a scratched skull?

I liked Inaho, but if they bring him back that spells such bad precedent. It's like you can't believe anyone is dead in anime anymore. People don't die when they are killed anymore.
They never did. Jesus is the most famous example, but there have been others, before and since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Seriously, Slaine saving Saazbaum is just bad writing. Don't forget, Slaine tries to kill Saazbaum during dinner time when the counts makes it clear that he has no intention of saving the princess at all. If Slaine can go into any length to save Seylum, even stealing the sky carrier in the first place, keeping his mouth shut while being tortured and threatened with a gun on his head, there's no way he'd save Saazbaum. Isn't it more like him to wait things out and battle Inaho when Saazbaum is taken care of?

Bad writing.... But the anime is worth it for me to try to overlook that glaring flaw...
Eh. That sort of thing is just Slaine all over. He kept mum while being tortured, but gave it all up for a chance to taunt Crutheo. He never gives any real thought about what he wants, what's needed to get it, or the consequences.

Maybe that's the meaning of the show's tagline. Let justice be done... justice being whatever some idiot feels at any given time.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2014-09-21 at 09:34.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:00   Link #507
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

If they wanted to make Inaho's death undeniable, they should have shown him being shot from behind Inaho as the perspective, because seing the blood coming out from the center of his head would make it a sure-kill. But from the perspective they used it can be argued that Slaine just shot Inaho's left side of the head, i.e. missing the brain.
Spoiler for Mortal Kombat Movie 2 comparison:

Last edited by LKK; 2014-09-21 at 11:05. Reason: added comparison spoiler tag
Old 2014-09-21, 09:00   Link #508
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Considering I'm still convinced there was no body double in episode 1 (meaning I still believe Seylum used her powers to somehow survive that missile), I'm very confident the princess somehow survived that ordeal. Even if she doesn't have these powers to protect herself, her wounds seem much less serious than Inaho's, that's for sure. So survival isn't really out of the question.

Other things include that Yuki says that Seylum's whereabouts were unknown, and it would make perfect sense for Seylum to point her gun at Slaine while shedding a tear like she did in the op. Which also leads credence to Inaho being really dead, else what other reason would make Seylum point a gun? Of course, one can't really count out the protagonist being really dead, but this has Urobutcher's touch after all.

Now the biggest question is, which side Slaine would side on now?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2014-09-21, 09:18   Link #509
Legendzerox

Inaho and Asseylum still alive. I am 90% confidant in my assessment.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:20   Link #510
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Okay, I've watched the episode. All I can say is... ONORE SLAAAAINE!!!

In all seriousness, I think I know why Slain did what he did. Guilt.

Anyways, goddamnit Urobutcher! You just killed Orange-kun. Now I fear for the other Orange.
The other orange is in better shape thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Lol. I guess this is why Inaho smiled when he saw Slaine. "Hey, there's someone here that can end my suffering and give me a couple's death with her. YAY"
That smile was rather troll-ish to me.

Also, I hope Aldnoah Zero get enough recognition to appear in a SRW game so that Banpresto can fix this.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:21   Link #511
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

These two are still alive. I mean cmon now. Right?
Old 2014-09-21, 09:22   Link #512
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Now the biggest question is, which side Slaine would side on now?
Slaine wants to be on the side of both Asseylum and Saazbaum. That seems impossible, but if he did save them both, he might have been able to get Saazbaum to agree to let Asseylum live, and then be able to restrict Asseylum's freedom enough to keep her from betraying them. At least until they deal with the Emperor and get full power over Vers.

There's not much point in giving Aldnoah access to Slaine if he doesn't do something grand with it.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:37   Link #513
Sixth
Hu Tao

"Good hunting"

What does that supposed to mean? It is some kind of culture related things?
Old 2014-09-21, 09:48   Link #514
yanzzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
There are a lot of characters who comeback to life after death
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I'm pretty sured there no Dragon Ball in Aldnoah.
The only fictional character that I know of that got shot at the head that isnt a sayan(i think) and lived to talk about it is ME's zaeed massani on the excuse that "rage's a hell of a anethetic"..... but wait didnt we all agree that inaho is actually a robot?!! o_O
Old 2014-09-21, 10:25   Link #515
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
If they wanted to make Inaho's death undeniable, they should have shown him being shot from behind Inaho as the perspective, because seing the blood coming out from the center of his head would make it a sure-kill. But from the perspective they used it can be argued that Slaine just shot Inaho's left side of the head, i.e. missing the brain.
That's why I mentioned Abdul (from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure).
Spoiler for past JoJo anime episode:

Cases like these don't really add to the shock, cliffhanger suspense, or the pleasant surprise that may follow. They make the whole medium look like a joke when it comes to dealing with death.

Spoiler for past JoJo anime episode:

Old 2014-09-21, 10:28   Link #516
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Inaho chose to die there; the poor guy. After everything he did he could not save Seylum at the final moment.
Old 2014-09-21, 10:48   Link #517
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe that's the meaning of the show's tagline. Let justice be done... justice being whatever some idiot feels at any given time.
Sounds like someone is bitter, because if I recall this episode narration in the preview was that justice would be finally done by someone's hand. We told you Inaho will have a fallout for what he did to Slaine and made him his enemy. So who was right now?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-21, 10:57   Link #518
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Sounds like someone is bitter, because if I recall this episode narration in the preview was that justice would be finally done by someone's hand. We told you Inaho will have a fallout for what he did to Slaine and made him his enemy. So who was right now?
I will say stopping Inaho from killing Saazbaum which royalty screwed him over will be the fallout.

Killing Inaho seem to me is granting his wish to die.
Old 2014-09-21, 10:58   Link #519
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I am. Slaine's an idiot and his loyalty to the princess is worth spit. I've been saying that for a while.
Old 2014-09-21, 11:00   Link #520
Gundamx

Quote:
last I check it was Slaine who made Inaho his enemy by shooting him first so logically Inaho shot back at him as self-defense.

And it's still far better to get killed for your lover/friends/comrades than to get them killed because of your stupidity
Closed Thread