AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-24, 22:13   Link #381
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Sadly, poor Slaine's been giving out the opposite to those he meets as of late.
His health is fine. Even after he got tortured. Slaine's the name of the first legendary high king of Ireland, iirc (Sláine mac Dela of the Fir Bolg).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-24, 22:15   Link #382
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
His health is fine. Even after he got tortured. Slaine's the name of the first legendary high king of Ireland, iirc (Sláine mac Dela of the Fir Bolg).
Yeah, but everyone he meets has been having bad health lately (i.e. death).

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-24, 23:16   Link #383
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike

Quote:
Physically maybe. But I can't say the same about mentally.
Old 2014-09-25, 20:23   Link #384
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
There are so many nicknames going around for Slaine ever since Episode 12 and he is seriously being called a Death Reaper of Misfortune =w=;

Everyone that comes across or is involved with him dies one way or another...

1. Slaine drops Trilliam towards Rayet's family. They all die

2. He kills Trilliam himself.

3. Comes to find the princess. His help results in Femianne (forgot spelling) getting killed

4. Crutheo being involved with torturing him gets himself killed by Saazbaum

5. His necklace that is supposed to be a "Good Luck Charm" has been the opposite where it has been practically a "Bad Luck Charm", which itself nearly got Asseylum killed by Rayet

6. When she was praying to Slaine's necklace, the next thing happened was Saazbaum attacking Deucalion

7. A soldier saves him then he dies ._.

8. Him saving Saazbaum results in Asseylum's death (although not confirmed if she really is dead)

9. He shoots Saazbaum trying to kill him

10. He kills(?) Inaho

Am I missing something else? No not Okisuke
Honestly I feel like his main contribution so far is the death of 3 (wouldn't say 4 because Princess is prob alive) superior characters.

He's got potential and will be defo getting development (already has gotten a bit) tho so I think he can step it up next season. Aldnoah's been quality so far and I don't see that changing.
Old 2014-09-25, 20:54   Link #385
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Honestly I feel like his main contribution so far is the death of 3 (wouldn't say 4 because Princess is prob alive) superior characters.

He's got potential and will be defo getting development (already has gotten a bit) tho so I think he can step it up next season. Aldnoah's been quality so far and I don't see that changing.
But Saazbaum is alive and never killed or had a hand against any interesting character. Asseylum was a generic mecha princess (who pales in comparison to Rayet's struggle after episode 9) and Inaho was barely a character when secondary characters got more development and exploration than he did (to the point, there's an episode where his only line is "Shouldn't you be with Seylum-san?"). You can find them more likeable, but they are hardly what I'll call superior characters.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-25, 21:01   Link #386
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
But Saazbaum is alive and never killed or had a hand against any interesting character. Asseylum was a generic mecha princess (who pales in comparison to Rayet's struggle after episode 9) and Inaho was barely a character when secondary characters got more development and exploration than he did (to the point, there's an episode where his only line is "Shouldn't you be with Seylum-san?"). You can find them more likeable, but they are hardly what I'll call superior characters.
I find them better, more likeable. More to them than to Slaine so far, mostly due to more screentime and more action/influence I guess? I like Inaho's being competent and his dialogue, but I can see people's problems with him. Saucebomb I think makes a good villain; Hime's just lovable, bright and cheerful, probably naive, but I like the contrast her character brings in this kind of world. I could go further into it, but that'd prob be off topic and just even more opinions. Totally subjective though, yeah, someone else might find Slaine better.

Slaine will get focus now tho. Whether he goes down the hero or villain path we're guaranteed to see more of him next season. Looking forward to it.

PS - I'm not sure Saucebomb's gonna make it alive out of that. Think that Princess' got better chances.
Old 2014-09-25, 21:07   Link #387
Irenesharda

Quote:
Saazbaum supposedly killed Cruhteo, and honestly I find Cruhteo pretty interesting, especially in comparison to most of the other Martians. I'm still hoping that Cruhteo will show up again later, I kinda liked him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-25, 21:21   Link #388
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Saazbaum supposedly killed Cruhteo, and honestly I find Cruhteo pretty interesting, especially in comparison to most of the other Martians. I'm still hoping that Cruhteo will show up again later, I kinda liked him.
Not happening my friend, a frame by frame comparison showed that he was truly disintegrated by the beam sword.
Old 2014-09-25, 21:28   Link #389
Thess

Quote:
Slaine will get focus now tho. Whether he goes down the hero or villain path we're guaranteed to see more of him next season. Looking forward to it.
There's no hero or villain path, if anything, with Slaine and Rayet, there will be more grayscales which are more interesting to portray than an unrealistic shiny-cotton candy nature like Asseylum presented.

Quote:
PS - I'm not sure Saucebomb's gonna make it alive out of that. Think that Princess' got better chances.
Saucebomb? Oh, Saazbaum, you mean? Well, he will die, sooner or later.

Old 2014-09-25, 21:33   Link #390
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
There's no hero or villain path, if anything, with Slaine and Rayet, there will be more grayscales which are more interesting to portray than an unrealistic shiny-cotton candy nature like Asseylum presented..
Oh yeah for sure. Besides both of those have much more development potential than Inaho, who was prob not gonna go much further as a character considering his personality. They both show emotions.

Grayscales can be great if well written.

Quote:
Saucebomb? Oh, Saazbaum, you mean? Well, he will die, sooner or later
Hmm, yeah, ultimately he's a villain, so. He's a fun one though.
Old 2014-09-25, 22:46   Link #391
Thess

Quote:
Oh yeah for sure. Besides both of those have much more development potential than Inaho, who was prob not gonna go much further as a character considering his personality. They both show emotions.

Grayscales can be great if well written.
"Well written" seems to be a problem in this show, I would find them less boring on screen at least.

Quote:
Hmm, yeah, ultimately he's a villain, so. He's a fun one though.
Well, he's charismatic and the chicken-remark made me laugh.

Old 2014-09-27, 04:51   Link #392
zerozeronine

So is Slaine really popular in the anime community in or outside Japan?He is as hated as Inaho or even more in most english anime sites I've been stalking
Old 2014-09-27, 11:35   Link #393
ImperialKnight

Well frankly it was stupid.

He had no reason to save Saazabum. Sure the Orange mech was about to kill him but Saazabum made it clear he intended to kill the princess. I mean seriously.....

It would've been easy to kill the orange mech AFTER it killed Saazabum.
Old 2014-09-27, 12:26   Link #394
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post

He had no reason to save Saazabum. Sure the Orange mech was about to kill him but Saazabum made it clear he intended to kill the princess. I mean seriously.....

He had reason to save him, it was just executed poorly. Slaine's life, as much it's difficult for you to believe, does not orbit around Asseylum. His reason to be loyal to her esteems from his gratitude that once she saved his life. Saazbaum became his second savior and benefactor when he was the most vulnerable (Slaine never found out Crutheo had a change of heart), so he feels emotionally attached (because he treated him with dignity) and indebted to him.

Old 2014-09-27, 12:27   Link #395
HtwoN

Quote:

If he did a wise thing like that, there would be no drama.

The writer wanted big drama, so Slaine had to do what he did.
Old 2014-09-27, 13:55   Link #396
monster

Quote:
He had reason to save him, it was just executed poorly. Slaine's life, as much it's difficult for you to believe, does not orbit around Asseylum. His reason to be loyal to her esteems from his gratitude that once she saved his life. Saazbaum became his second savior and benefactor when he was the most vulnerable (Slaine never found out Crutheo had a change of heart), so he feels emotionally attached (because he treated him with dignity) and indebted to him.
And yet all of that goes out the window when Saazbaum killed Asseylum. So even if he had a reason, it still didn't mean anything.
Old 2014-09-27, 15:44   Link #397
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
If he did a wise thing like that, there would be no drama.

The writer wanted big drama, so Slaine had to do what he did.
If Slaine would have used his brain at least once...

"The writer wanted big drama" is no excuse for a dumb character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And yet all of that goes out the window when Saazbaum killed Asseylum. So even if he had a reason, it still didn't mean anything.
A lunatic massmurderer tells me that he wants to kill my friend/lover etc. and what do i do? Save his life so that he can kill my friend/lover.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:15   Link #398
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Look I don't how you think but if someone told me that they were going to "kill my closest friend" and that I can either join him or join the people who are going to protect that "closest friend" saving him would be the last thing on my mind....

Saazbaum also made it clear that "all debts" were paid off.

At the very least Slaine should've made sure Saazbaum was disabled or restrained after knocking out Inaho.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:47   Link #399
wisteria233

Quote:
Look I don't how you think but if someone told me that they were going to "kill my closest friend" and that I can either join him or join the people who are going to protect that "closest friend" saving him would be the last thing on my mind....

Saazbaum also made it clear that "all debts" were paid off.

At the very least Slaine should've made sure Saazbaum was disabled or restrained after knocking out Inaho.
They rammed straight into the control room there was no time for that.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:56   Link #400
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
They rammed straight into the control room there was no time for that.
Yet he had time to exit his suit, look around, then stare at Asseumym trying to reassure Inaho....
Closed Thread

Tags
characters