AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-05, 04:50   Link #1561
Thess

Wouldn't be easier for her to die and introduce a Rin/Saki clone as a new character? You're asking the impossible out of Asseylum's character.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-10-05, 07:31   Link #1562
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
You sounded very salty honesty.
What did Asseylum did to you for her to received such hatred from you anyway?
Don't hate her, just find her bland, boring, and cliche. It really doesn't help that character Aoki Ei instead of making her character a well rounded character, essentially rush her character into a relationship with Inaho solely to further Inaho's character and potentially give him a connection to the plot in part II, and its not even developed or well written enough for me to excuse it. I know that's what they're going for, but I can't help but hope they try to subvert it even a little, just to make the story more interesting.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:22   Link #1563
Key Board
Carbon

I'd be fine with Asseylum turning into anything but a plot device motivation sacrifice girl, really
mecha anime really needs to work on female character agency

But if she dies and Rayet becomes the main character I'll accept that too
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-10-05, 13:43   Link #1564
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'd be fine with Asseylum turning into anything but a plot device motivation sacrifice girl, really
mecha anime really needs to work on female character agency

But if she dies and Rayet becomes the main character I'll accept that too
It's a shame but Eddelrittuo showed more agency than Asseylum. All Asseylum amounted in the end is to be the focus of male characters (not just Inaho or Slaine, but also Saazbaum), in particular Inaho. She was just killed off to get that reaction from him (in a hilariously bad scene where the animators completely forgot that she fell right in front of the Kat when they had to do his dramatic crawling as if she transported so many meters away. I was in tears... of laugher).

Yuki, Eddelrittuo (maybe a year older?) and Rayet have potential to grow.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-10-06, 20:56   Link #1565
Fjoergyn

One of the decodable pictures on the website
Old 2014-10-06, 21:04   Link #1566
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post

One of the decodable pictures on the website
It's from the campaign:

Quote:
Vs/022 2014.10.7—8 at Shinjyuku, Tokyo
There you go, a Martian bowing to Slaine. What did I tell you guys he would be treated well now he has Aldnoah activation rights?

I'm going to bet this confirms about the "contender to the throne that hasn't been announced" foreshadowed hint since the beginning was Slaine all along.

Old 2014-10-06, 21:52   Link #1567
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Lol. It's not like it was a secret. The director himself revealed in the pre-air show that Slaine would be 'the key at the heart of the story' in the second cour.

The question however, is what kind of goal he's going to have. I'm personally not taking any bets yet.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-10-06, 22:12   Link #1568
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Lol. It's not like it was a secret. The director himself revealed in the pre-air show that Slaine would be 'the key at the heart of the story' in the second cour.

The question however, is what kind of goal he's going to have. I'm personally not taking any bets yet.
I like he has a confused expression glancing at his bare hand...? Oh! Oh! He's wearing a knight uniform too. It's not as noticeable because of the colors, but, here:

I marked the notable differences (and I forgot the lack of belt).

Old 2014-10-06, 22:18   Link #1569
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I wonder how those "I'm superior because we have Aldnoah" Martians felt now that a "low life" Terran can used Aldnoah lol.

Slaine now possessed Aldnoah Activation Factor, a powerful Kat and seem to be In a pretty powerful position perhaps even a Orbital Knight inheriting Crueth's landing castle(pardon my misspelling of these annoying Martian's names). He seem to be set up as a antagonist now, I wonder how The Earth's side will face this new possibly menace, even if Rayet can't have Inaho's brain at least give her Inaho's piloting skill.

If Saazbaum still alive, Slaine and him can team up to start a coup and overthrow the monarchy to maybe install Slaine as the new emperor or something.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:24   Link #1570
Thess

Quote:
I wonder how those "I'm superior because we have Aldnoah" Martians felt now that a "low life" Terran can used Aldnoah lol.
I wish I could see their faces. But they'll be skipped!

Quote:
Slaine now possessed Aldnoah Activation Factor, a powerful Kat and seem to be In a pretty powerful position perhaps even a Orbital Knight inheriting Crueth's landing castle(pardon my misspelling of these annoying Martian's names). He seem to be set up as a antagonist now, I wonder how The Earth's side will face this new possibly menace, even if Rayet can't have Inaho's brain at least give her Inaho's piloting skill.
Cruhteo's Landing Castle is destroyed, but I guess he can take Femieanne's which was conventiently intact and he knows she was defeated.

Old 2014-10-06, 22:42   Link #1571
Fjoergyn

Uniform color is different.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:44   Link #1572
wisteria233

Quote:

Yeah but you'd be surprised at the people that still try to deny this.
Old 2014-10-06, 23:10   Link #1573
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post

Uniform color is different.
Gray-ish, perhaps something unique like "Knight of Zero" .
Ah I wish the second season can come faster...
Old 2014-10-06, 23:17   Link #1574
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Yeah but you'd be surprised at the people that still try to deny this.
Some people, sure.

But I think that you and Thess keep missing one distinction that others have been making.

We know that Slaine can activate Aldnoah drives, so he at least has the activation factor, for some reason.

What we don't know is how he got that factor, and thus, whether he is similar to the Emperor and Asseylum, or if he is like the other knights (able to activate, but unable to grant rights to anyone else).

I personally expect that, even if he can't grant rights like the Emperor can, Slaine is the key to another way that the Aldnoah factor can be transferred (i.e. other than by genetic inheritance).

But at this point, anything other than what I highlighted in blue is still speculation, no matter how you spin it.

Quote:
Gray-ish, perhaps something unique like "Knight of Zero" .
Ah I wish the second season can come faster...
Trillium wore grey, and had that collar.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-10-06, 23:21   Link #1575
wisteria233

Quote:
Some people, sure.

But I think you and Thess miss one distinction that others were making.

We know that Slaine can activate Aldnoah drives, so he at least has the activation factor, for some reason.

What we don't know is how he got that factor, and thus, whether he is similar to the Emperor and Asseylum, or if he is like the other knights (able to activate, but unable to grant rights to anyone else).

I personally expect that, even if he can't grant rights like the Emperor can, Slaine is the key to another way that the Aldnoah factor can be transferred (other than by genetic inheritance).

But at this point, anything other than what I highlighted in blue is still speculation, no matter how you spin it.
I've never argued anything more than the fact that Slaine can activate Aldnoah drives, the how and why is something that part II will answer, however it's highly likely that it has nothing to do Asseylum.

I'm talking about those viewers who insist that Slaine was never stated to be a key character to part II, or a main character at all, despite all of the evidence saying the contrary.
Old 2014-10-06, 23:36   Link #1576
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Trillium wore grey, and had that collar.
So just a regular Knight, meh.
I wonder whose Landing Castle he staying in?
Old 2014-10-06, 23:47   Link #1577
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I've never argued anything more than the fact that Slaine can activate Aldnoah drives, the how and why is something that part II will answer, however it's highly likely that it has nothing to do Asseylum.

I'm talking about those viewers who insist that Slaine was never stated to be a key character to part II, or a main character at all, despite all of the evidence saying the contrary.
Hm? Recently, I haven't seen much of that here. I've only seen the debate from which the following is drawn:

Quote:
Yeah in hindsight it actually makes sense why Saazbaum was ready and willing to kill Asseylum despite her and her grandfather supposedly being the only ones with activation rights. Its because he always knew that Slaine had activation rights and so knew that getting rid of them wouldn't hurt the Knights' abilities to use their Aldnoah drives.
Are you sure you understand what the difference between the Emperor/Asseylum and the knights are in terms of what they can do with a Aldnoah drives?

It wasn't just the Emperor's bloodline: the knights all have activation rights, because he granted it to them. The question is whether Slaine can grant rights or not (and anything else associated with being like the Emperor/Asseylum), and THAT is what you seem to have been claiming is factual.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-10-06, 23:49   Link #1578
D-Joe

I wonder which character(s) will be in Vs022 and Vs03

Showing Inaho and Princess seems too obvious(even that's not surprising)
Old 2014-10-06, 23:53   Link #1579
wisteria233

Quote:
Hm? Recently, I haven't seen much of that here. I've only seen the debate from which the following is drawn:
Yeah recently actually in the episode 12 thread, you sometimes get people who insist that Slaine was never the MC.

Quote:
Are you sure you understand what the difference between the Emperor/Asseylum and the knights are in terms of what they can do with a Aldnoah drives?

It wasn't just the Emperor's bloodline: the knights all have activation rights, because he granted it to them. The question is whether Slaine can grant rights or not (and anything else associated with being like the Emperor/Asseylum), and THAT is what you seem to have been claiming is factual.
Wasn't it stated that they can't do it once it shuts off?
Old 2014-10-07, 00:00   Link #1580
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Yeah recently actually in the episode 12 thread, you sometimes get people who insist that Slaine was never the MC.
You mean in relation to the frankly ridiculous debate where people were also trying to argue that Inaho and Asseylum weren't important to the plot of S1?

I just and ignored most of it.

Quote:
Wasn't it stated that they can't do it once it shuts off?
Slaine states in episode 12 that only someone who has been granted activation rights can start the Tharsis back up again.

Maybe he just doesn't know what he's talking about, since he had no idea he could activate it. But what he said matches what Asseylum told Inaho in episode 6.

- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread