AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-13, 09:40   Link #1
Qbi Sannin

Mai Otome Live Action Movie

I think Mai Otome has a prospect of being a great live action movie. MAYBE even have Angelina Jolie PLAY as Shizuru I think she'd be PERFECT! Oh man... MAYBE I'll write a script. How do we go about asking permission from the creator?
Old 2006-04-13, 09:57   Link #2
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

lets just ask sunrise if will they spend 10 billion on this project...
with the needs to use mecha, the windbloom castle, guarderode.

some lesbian scene, an immortal guy, tons of girls who are taught and master all the martial art. lolz.. ultimate impossible movie that gonna be produce
Old 2006-04-13, 10:01   Link #3
beachslacker

Angelina Jolie sounds... mouth-watering...
How about something more animated like FF Advent Children?
Old 2006-04-13, 10:03   Link #4
Qbi Sannin

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
lets just ask sunrise if will they spend 10 billion on this project...
with the needs to use mecha, the windbloom castle, guarderode.

some lesbian scene, an immortal guy, tons of girls who are taught and master all the martial art. lolz.. ultimate impossible movie that gonna be produce
Sunrise doesn't have to spend ANYTHING. ONLY the characters and STORY LINE will be used. Some other big production co. in the U.S. will spend $$$ on producing the actual movie and props.
Old 2006-04-13, 10:19   Link #5
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Go to Sleep...
You really Need to Sleep...
Old 2006-04-13, 11:12   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
I think Mai Otome has a prospect of being a great live action movie. MAYBE even have Angelina Jolie PLAY as Shizuru I think she'd be PERFECT! Oh man... MAYBE I'll write a script. How do we go about asking permission from the creator?
She makes a better natuski then a shizuru. Maybe jennifer anston as Shizuru
Old 2006-04-13, 12:45   Link #7
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Good god. Now, I complained a little about the Evangelion Live Action Movie to friends due to them hacking apart not only the Evangelions, not only the Angels, but Rei's own name. Heinous Americanisation that was. What, can that average westerner not pronounce Rei? Do they have to change it to Ray so people can understand? I think not.. at least.. I hope not. Anyways, back on topic, a Mai Otome Live Action Movie would be hideous. Awful. Painful. Can you actually see it getting a decent budget? No. The Evangelion Live Action Movie is suspected to have a budget of around $120 million, and I don't think that will even do it justice. The anime is a masterpiece, after all. Mai Otome is a anime that has done very well, for its own particular genre (whatever that is.. lets call it.. a.. mess..). These OVAs will cost a bit, and hopefully make it back, and more. I'm hoping for another series after all, since, why else would Sunrise create an OVA other that to access the market for a series continuation? But a Live Action Movie is seriously out of the question.

And if it did happen I wouldn't seen it happen without at least an Eastern cast, and Japanese director. All this talk of Western actresses playing parts is not good. At least, it wouldn't be good for the film. No doubt they would be sub-standard actors and actresses that couldn't even pronounce their own character's name.
Old 2006-04-13, 13:03   Link #8
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

just force the actors go wacth the whole anime ... twice ... then they should be able to pronounce it ...... i think
Old 2006-04-13, 13:15   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Good god. Now, I complained a little about the Evangelion Live Action Movie to friends due to them hacking apart not only the Evangelions, not only the Angels, but Rei's own name. Heinous Americanisation that was. What, can that average westerner not pronounce Rei? Do they have to change it to Ray so people can understand? I think not.. at least.. I hope not. Anyways, back on topic, a Mai Otome Live Action Movie would be hideous. Awful. Painful. Can you actually see it getting a decent budget? No. The Evangelion Live Action Movie is suspected to have a budget of around $120 million, and I don't think that will even do it justice. The anime is a masterpiece, after all. Mai Otome is a anime that has done very well, for its own particular genre (whatever that is.. lets call it.. a.. mess..). These OVAs will cost a bit, and hopefully make it back, and more. I'm hoping for another series after all, since, why else would Sunrise create an OVA other that to access the market for a series continuation? But a Live Action Movie is seriously out of the question.

And if it did happen I wouldn't seen it happen without at least an Eastern cast, and Japanese director. All this talk of Western actresses playing parts is not good. At least, it wouldn't be good for the film. No doubt they would be sub-standard actors and actresses that couldn't even pronounce their own character's name.
preston you are taking this too seriously. It is just a joke, a "what if" if hollywood decide to make MH/MO live-action movie.
Old 2006-04-13, 16:18   Link #10
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well the problem is translating animation to live action. Animation lets you get away with things that wouldn't make sense in live action, like Arika's expressive pigtails, or the Antsy joke. So you can't really make a live action just like the anime. The ultimate problem is trying to convey a 26 episode show into at most 3 movies, include most of the characters, enough of the plot to make sense, without losing the appeal of the show in the first place. The most important part is making sure that the creators and staff have input on everything instead of just plowing ahead like a typical hollywood live action remake and butchering everything leaving the movie a pale imitation of the origional.

And I'm curious about something now. How do you pronounce Rei? I've always said Ray. Is it Ray-ee, Ree-i, Rye, Reh, or something else?
Old 2006-04-13, 17:53   Link #11
Qbi Sannin

Eh? There was an Evangelion live movie? Where?! Link please!
Old 2006-04-13, 17:57   Link #12
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Eh? There was an Evangelion live movie? Where?! Link please!
Wikipedia.

However, it says it's still in production.
Old 2006-04-13, 18:38   Link #13
Qbi Sannin

Oh... NO WAY Aniston is good as Shizuru! Jolie seems PLAYFUL...like Shizuru. Oh and did Ya hear about a DBZ live action movie? Till now I dont even know if it's a joke or not.
Old 2006-04-13, 22:37   Link #14
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Angelina Jolie... as... shizuru...?!
Oh, the lips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku
Well the problem is translating animation to live action. Animation lets you get away with things that wouldn't make sense in live action, like Arika's expressive pigtails, or the Antsy joke. So you can't really make a live action just like the anime. The ultimate problem is trying to convey a 26 episode show into at most 3 movies, include most of the characters, enough of the plot to make sense, without losing the appeal of the show in the first place. The most important part is making sure that the creators and staff have input on everything instead of just plowing ahead like a typical hollywood live action remake and butchering everything leaving the movie a pale imitation of the origional.
It's a difficult thing to do even with monstrous budget =.=
Old 2006-04-13, 22:43   Link #15
USCPharmacist

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

DO NOT WANT!!!!

NO U!!!

j/k but still

A live action will suck, no matter what cuz let's face it, there is no way they can get so many hot girls with funky hair color in a movie.
Old 2006-04-13, 23:04   Link #16
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Oh... NO WAY Aniston is good as Shizuru! Jolie seems PLAYFUL...like Shizuru. Oh and did Ya hear about a DBZ live action movie? Till now I dont even know if it's a joke or not.
I dont know either but..............

http://nometokesloswebos.galeon.com/...nes788340.html

Mind you, I have no clue if that article is real or not.
Old 2006-04-15, 10:15   Link #17
Cloudy

A live action adaption? NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

At least the proposed witch hunter robin film adaption is much MORE appopriate but it got canceled -_-.
Old 2006-04-15, 10:46   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

A direct adaptation of the anime would be... well... unrealistic...

Even if they used Otome/HiME just for inspiration... it still wouldn't work... there aren't any good ideas they could take... for example the idea to reuse the same characters in different roles has been used in the film industry for years, it's almost like they can't do a good movie without actor X or actress Z... having little brats with super powers determining the fate of the world isn't new either...

Having an animated Otome movie is not such a good idea either... people complained because the series was too short... making a movie would just add to the unrest...

Just out of curiosity... has anyone seen the Evangelion movie... because I always thought it was an unfinished project... and doesn't exist...
Old 2006-04-15, 12:19   Link #19
Naif

This is what I think:

I couldn't come out with a better one for mikoto :P
Old 2006-04-15, 12:24   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Naif theyre perfect, that i have to say

but Qbi Sannin

"Angelina Jolie PLAY as Shizuru ", Angelina is too old for Shizuru