AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 02:06   Link #1
DarkKnightZero

Did Shino get cheated in the Chuunin Exams?

Well, in the final rounds of the Chuunin Exams, Shino is matched up against Kankuro. But, we then later see that Kankuro forfeits the match....

Because of this, what could the examiners base Shino's performance on? Is it really fair that Shino's chance to become a Chuunin are taken away because his opponent gave up before the match even began?

Thoughts?
DarkKnightZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:12   Link #2
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Yeah, indeed I've thought of this as well. Shino had pretty good Chuunin qualities, and I think he would have passed this exam with ease.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:41   Link #3
Razz

Here's a better question for you:

Judging the Kankurou VS Shino match in the forest, would you have made Shino a chuunin?

The answer to my question would be the answer to the thread.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 09:34   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

Yes, he got cheated. I think he would have been made a Chuunin had he fought Kankuro, assuming the battle would go the same way that it did in the forest.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 09:43   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Can we say the same for Sasuke? his didn’t concluded- OR what about Naruto and the fight he was supposed to do next?

I guess we can’t say he got cheated, the Chunin exam were interrupted, and the fights didn't continued, it was not cheat from geting the rank, rather bad luck.

But yeah, other than Shikamaru, Chino is the one that behave like a real Chunin, so I guess he would had been elected as Chunin if his fight would had been displayed.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-04-13 at 10:57.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 11:52   Link #6
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I think the leaders that we see Tsunade choose to always be team leader should have become chuunin then, so thats Shino and Neji because they are both intellligent and competent leaders which we get to see after.
Also near the end of that survival training bit with those little kids Naruto showed
a little good leadership but unfortunately hes also brash and stupid so

btw I don't quite understand what the hokages decision to make shikamaru was based on...

Shikamaru is weak and always needs rescuing
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:01   Link #7
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer

Shikamaru is weak and always needs rescuing
Id say hes not weak, hes more lazy

The main reason is his intelligence, hes got a IQ of over 200...

As for why we always see him needed rescue is hes always getting into situations were he is clearly outpowered...

as for did shino get screwed out of it... mostlikely but a rank is only a rank and it can be gotten later
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:42   Link #8
mind

who the hell cares?
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:47   Link #9
DarkKnightZero

Quote:
Judging the Kankurou VS Shino match in the forest, would you have made Shino a chuunin?
Thats not a fair thing to say because Kankurou has the advantage in the forests because he could hide among the trees and leaves, where as in the arena it's pretty much a wide open area with little places to hide.
DarkKnightZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 13:17   Link #10
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind
who the hell cares?
mind, is that really a nice thing to post?
I would say a lot of people care because there were replies to the topic.

anyways back on topic, I think it was a fair fight between Kankuro and Shino in the forest, the place of battle doesn't matter its how you cope with it, for example Gaara doesn't have an advantage away from sand so he carries the g-o-u-r-d <--(hope i spelt it right) and I reckon Kankuro would have lost if it was in the arena anyways since there were trees and the bugs can sneak up witout the forest area remember the fight with the sound guy?
Old 2006-04-13, 16:43   Link #11
the-1

he got screwed. he's got pretty strong abilities, he's smart, and a good leader.
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:49   Link #12
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Can we say the same for Sasuke? his didn’t concluded- OR what about Naruto and the fight he was supposed to do next?
Sasuke probably wouldn't have for the same reason Naruto and Neji didn't. He didn't show any brains at all. Now as for a Naruto vs. Sasuke arena fight, who knows.
Old 2006-04-13, 17:01   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If the basis for Shikamaru being made Chuunin is that "he didn't fight to the death", then Neji, Naruto, Sasuke... they all fail.

With Shino, it's less obvious. He wasn't as obviously heated as, say, Naruto, but in the end, he did need rescuing. But then, it wasn't a sporting event - it was war. Putting more into it was normal.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 17:13   Link #14
.opi
whatever..

Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
i think everyone got cheated out, seriously i bet if there was no plot to kill konoha, and naruto had summoned gamabunta against a Shukaku gaara in the 2nd round (assuming gaara beats sasuke like he did in forest of death) then there would be no way they would keep naruto genin, if they saw him summon a huge guy like that.

plus, shino would have probably gotten chuunin too, because he probably could've defeated temari after beating kankurou.
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 17:21   Link #15
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .opi
i think everyone got cheated out, seriously i bet if there was no plot to kill konoha, and naruto had summoned gamabunta against a Shukaku gaara in the 2nd round (assuming gaara beats sasuke like he did in forest of death) then there would be no way they would keep naruto genin, if they saw him summon a huge guy like that.

plus, shino would have probably gotten chuunin too, because he probably could've defeated temari after beating kankurou.
First of all, Gaara wouldn't have beat Sasuke, he had already lost the fight when the tournament was cancelled. He was too wounded to complete his transformation.

And I don't think they would have promoted Naruto just because he can summon. They sure didn't promote him when he pulled out an obscene amount of chakra, and that was certainly more than a normal Genin was capable of. Chuunins are responsible for leading a team, and with Naruto's complete lack of restraint he would be an incredibly dangerous team leader.
Old 2006-04-13, 17:22   Link #16
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by .opi

I agree Naruto showed a lot of skill and power in the Gaara fight but hes not suited to lead which is one of a chuunins responsibilities.

Shino might have beaten Temari but I doubt it, I can't see the bugs being able to get close to Temari with that fan of hers to do so would take a smart strategy.
Old 2006-04-13, 17:27   Link #17
yuchan

i think shino got cheated all around in general. Why the hell did kishimoto make such a smart and cool guy but not use him? He seems like he'd do better in battle than shikamaru yet he's the least used genin next to the girls. Even though neji was an asshole who beat p hinata, i also think he had chuunin potential moreso than naruto.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 19:01   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Shino should without a doubt be a Chunnin, only Shikamaru has shown more OVERALL GENIN POTENTIAL (Not just strong like Naruto, but have the full qualities of a good combat ninja that involves analytical reasoning skills aswell)...Shino seems destined to be that cool character that never loses, but will never get that
shine-time he deserves...I mean honestly, "Who can say a bad word about Shino?" He doesn't have self-confidence//leadership issues like Shikamaru (who I think beats him in smarts) and he doesn't have character-issues like Neji (who is so timid now since naruto removed him from darkness ), I almost miss the old Neji who had a chip on his shoulder, instead he seems to have accepted his new non-impulsive frame of mind...I think the funniest thing of all is that Shino actually allows Kiba to think he's the leader of their team, that way he won't bruise his fragile ego and can get him to do what he wants him to (Which shows he has no ego, only cares about finishing tasks)...Hopefully at some point we will get to see a glimpse of his history like we have for nearly every other character (including random ones)...
Old 2006-04-13, 20:06   Link #19
yuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Shino should without a doubt be a Chunnin, only Shikamaru has shown more OVERALL GENIN POTENTIAL (Not just strong like Naruto, but have the full qualities of a good combat ninja that involves analytical reasoning skills aswell)...Shino seems destined to be that cool character that never loses, but will never get that
shine-time he deserves...I mean honestly, "Who can say a bad word about Shino?" He doesn't have self-confidence//leadership issues like Shikamaru (who I think beats him in smarts) and he doesn't have character-issues like Neji (who is so timid now since naruto removed him from darkness ), I almost miss the old Neji who had a chip on his shoulder, instead he seems to have accepted his new non-impulsive frame of mind...I think the funniest thing of all is that Shino actually allows Kiba to think he's the leader of their team, that way he won't bruise his fragile ego and can get him to do what he wants him to (Which shows he has no ego, only cares about finishing tasks)...Hopefully at some point we will get to see a glimpse of his history like we have for nearly every other character (including random ones)...
U and me both. I agree with everything you said, except about missing the old neji. That jackass beat up sweet hina and took delight in it.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:16   Link #20
Kata

Shino wins his battle time and time again, I think the only reason he couldn't become a Chuunin is because of his inability to be vocal enough. He has great plans that work like charm but they are kept between him and his insects. Kiba is a great example, he is the "leader" of the 3 man team because he is loud and outspoken even thought clearly much dimmer than Shino who does not care for the leader position and just hangs out looking cool and hinting at random things to help Kiba out.

P.S. Shikamaru rocks and he's a ladies man.
Kata is offline   Reply With Quote