AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-15, 11:23   Link #321
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchu96 View Post
So, been busy with life for a bit, just a question.

With BT having taken down a whole bunch of stuff are there any PDFs of OT still out there? I would read this thread but it's actually pretty late where I live . . . heh heh >_<
we are very interested and happy for the YP release..so , i cant say that you need to use google or go the usual page to find these old works..

we need to give our total support to yp
Old 2014-09-15, 12:18   Link #322
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
I just wished they used something that put across the slavish and OP nature of the term

There's a bit of art involved when you have to translate terms that don't have a exact translation, or a lengthy one. Trying to put 'Most Respected Older Sister Lady' all the time could get boggy, I'm sure there some English to Japanese's words with the same issues in balance anyway

It's also weird the Sisters use Sissy in the dub too tbh. I think with Kuroko they be better off translating it into something like 'Mistress' or 'My Lady' and with the Sisters, 'Eldest/Senior Sister' would likely come across the more true.
In Railgun S, while Kuroko still uses sissy, the Sisters refer to Mikoto as Big Sister now. Hopefully that carries over to Index II.
Old 2014-09-15, 16:24   Link #323
Draco Spirit

Woot! That's good to hear!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 02:54   Link #324
natchu96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
we are very interested and happy for the YP release..so , i cant say that you need to use google or go the usual page to find these old works..

we need to give our total support to yp
Oh, I will, I am definitely buying the YP release . . .

I just feel like reading the British Halloween bit again for some reason. Relive the William vs Knight Leader fight, you know?
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 09:21   Link #325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
In Railgun S, while Kuroko still uses sissy, the Sisters refer to Mikoto as Big Sister now. Hopefully that carries over to Index II.
They probably think people would confused Kuroko for her actual sister I suppose.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 13:12   Link #326
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The Index Manga has been localized

https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/520629554231394304
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 14:28   Link #327
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yes. The piece of Index material that has been around long enough to localize is here.

I will definitely be buying the manga as well.
Old 2014-10-10, 14:29   Link #328
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pinches self to make sure I'm not dreaming!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. I'm NOW HYPED. THE LN (plans for translation) HELPED (lead to) THE (existence of the English) MANGA. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD SINCE ... ... ... the HO anime was announced "that" !!!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 14:31   Link #329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, NYCC14 seems to be a pretty cool guy, or at least somewhat cooler than that 10th Anniversary dude... Who is still cool, just not the best kind of cool.
Old 2014-10-10, 14:33   Link #330
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. No need to rely on slow translations and RAW's. Definitely picking up both.
Old 2014-10-10, 14:35   Link #331
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So when can we expect the localized version of the PSP game (might as well port it for the Vita) ?
Old 2014-10-10, 14:39   Link #332
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So when can we expect the localized version of the PSP game (might as well port it for the Vita) ?
Yenpress to work on localizing games, as well. Coming soon!
Old 2014-10-10, 14:41   Link #333
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yenpress to work on localizing games, as well. Coming soon!
I wouldn't be surprised. YP is really extending it's influence.
Old 2014-10-10, 15:05   Link #334
Algent

One thing about novels released by YP especially annoy me, it seem they can't stick to one book spine:

You can see the height of everything (title, logo, number,...) change a bit between each volume of Spices & Wolf (same for the 2 SAO).
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 15:09   Link #335
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
One thing about novels released by YP especially annoy me, it seem they can't stick to one book spine:

You can see the height of everything (title, logo, number,...) change a bit between each volume of Spices & Wolf (same for the 2 SAO).
Railgun spines seem to be consistent though so hopefully they will do the same with Index.
Old 2014-10-10, 15:17   Link #336
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Railgun spines seem to be consistent though so hopefully they will do the same with Index.
They don't do Railgun though. Seven Seas does that. (Also, 30 + books of a series isn't going to look well-organized anyway no matter how nice they make the spines look. )
Old 2014-10-10, 15:40   Link #337
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Ah well. Not everything can be perfect. I understand the pain for those who want it to look nice though.

It's there for my Railgun books, but not as noticeable.
Old 2014-10-10, 16:57   Link #338
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Yeah looking at the picture above for the respective heights of the railgun books:

1> 2> 3 < 4> 5~6 ... so the visual dip still happens with them. (and it isn't just because the picture is slanted since it changes direction in height TWICE).
Old 2014-10-10, 17:05   Link #339
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post

To be fair, wasn't Spice & Wolf their first light novel series from 5 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
They don't do Railgun though. Seven Seas does that. (Also, 30 + books of a series isn't going to look well-organized anyway no matter how nice they make the spines look. )
As long as it's consistent, it's actually fine. My Pandora Hearts series looks great, but Case Closed and D.Gray-Man less so since Viz changed their logo multiple times during publishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah looking at the picture above for the respective heights of the railgun books:

1> 2> 3 < 4> 5~6 ... so the visual dip still happens with them. (and it isn't just because the picture is slanted since it changes direction in height TWICE).
That's going to happen with any book. Check the manga section at the book store. If they have multiple copies of the same manga from different production runs it's likely they'll have slightly difference heights or the pages will be slightly different depths, etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 17:13   Link #340
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, wasn't Spice & Wolf their first light novel series from 5 years ago?

As long as it's consistent, it's actually fine. My Pandora Hearts series looks great, but Case Closed and D.Gray-Man less so since Viz changed their logo multiple times during publishing.

That's going to happen with any book. Check the manga section at the book store. If they have multiple copies of the same manga from different production runs it's likely they'll have slightly difference heights or the pages will be slightly different depths, etc.
To be fair... I don't really care about how it looks... (since my visual skills are rather lacking) so it's hard for me to feel/mentally understand how much of an effect it can have on others... Sorry about that.