AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-13, 16:59   Link #721
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr View Post
I wouldn't be surprised that Juumonji would want to punch Tatsuya for lying to him, and Tatsuya would say something like his family doesn't acknowledge him. Katsuto would point out his grandfather was Yotsuba Genzou the man that destroyed a country. Tatsuya let's Juumonji punch him, they move on, and Katsuto does what Mayumi does, go to Tatsuya for information. Tatsuya is already becoming like a kind of go between, between the master clans, he talks to Kudou, Katsuto, Masaki, Mayumi, he can get in touch with Izumi and Kasumi on a daily basis. I get the impression that the Yotsuba under Maya's command don't really talk to the other clans that much. Whereas Genzou on the other hand, got Maya and Koichi engaged when they were in middle school. The Yotsuba might have been more talkative before the incident with Maya. I wonder if Kasumi would get more tsundere, with more actual dere, on the other hand she might actually hate Tatsuya and might hate him more. Izumi would be surprised that her awesome onee-sama was a Yotsuba, she might fall deeper into depravity, lol. Mayumi wouldn't be surprised, to her it would make sense, I think she would continue her crush.
I doubt Katsuto would get enraged at Tatsuya for lying. As a fellow TMC he was under no obligation to give him info on his background. Then there's the fact that the Yotsuba are the most secretive clan of the TMC. Katsuto would know that even if Tatsuya would want to tell, he'd be ordered not to do so (the TMC don't share every private detail afaik).

I wouldn't say he's a go between for the TMC. The best relations he has is his relation to Mayumi and Masaki. He considers Katsuto his natural enemy and he doesn't talk to Elder Kudou on a frequent basis to call it a good relationship. I personally think that he'd try talking with Izumi, since Kasumi is a pain. Also, despite him always being in the eye of the storm he can't be a go between for the TMC since he has no allegiance towards them. In fact, it would be more correct to say that he avoids them.

The Yotsuba don't talk to the other clans much most likely due to what went down during Untouchables. They had to rebuild their clan despite their new notoriety and started to focus even more on magic power. Relationships with the other TMC would be futile. They were so absorbed in their self-preservation that they wouldn't deal with the TMC in any way unless their kin were in danger or one of the TMC stood in their way. A bit like Tatsuya.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 17:10   Link #722
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I doubt Katsuto would get enraged at Tatsuya for lying. As a fellow TMC he was under no obligation to give him info on his background. Then there's the fact that the Yotsuba are the most secretive clan of the TMC. Katsuto would know that even if Tatsuya would want to tell, he'd be ordered not to do so (the TMC don't share every private detail afaik).

I wouldn't say he's a go between for the TMC. The best relations he has is his relation to Mayumi and Masaki. He considers Katsuto his natural enemy and he doesn't talk to Elder Kudou on a frequent basis to call it a good relationship. I personally think that he'd try talking with Izumi, since Kasumi is a pain. Also, despite him always being in the eye of the storm he can't be a go between for the TMC since he has no allegiance towards them. In fact, it would be more correct to say that he avoids them.

The Yotsuba don't talk to the other clans much most likely due to what went down during Untouchables. They had to rebuild their clan despite their new notoriety and started to focus even more on magic power. Relationships with the other TMC would be futile. They were so absorbed in their self-preservation that they wouldn't deal with the TMC in any way unless their kin were in danger or one of the TMC stood in their way. A bit like Tatsuya.
I don't think Tatsuya regards Katsuto as an enemy, just his magic (although the new magic beam seems to take care of that issue). That and Katsuto represents the life Tatsuya would likely have if he was a normal magician.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 18:30   Link #723
Neo-Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
Guys,some of the Tatsuya's friends already discovered that he is an Strategic-Class Magician?
Also Tatsuya still is the most powerful magician of this story?
For last,who are the girls that currently are in Tatsuya's harem?
1. Only Yotsuba and 101 know Tatsuya is Strategic-Class. Depending on what Lina reported back at the end of the Visitors arc, it could be implied that USNA knows as well.
2. He's literally Jesus, or Shiva if you will.
3. While harem is a bit of a misnomer for this series, girls that have explicitly stated they have an interest in Tatsuya are Miyuki (onii-sama), Honoka (summer confession), and Erika (while talking to Mizuki). Strongly implied, otherwise known as denial, we have Mayumi and Lina. Then if you read in between the lines, girls that flirt with Tatsuya include Shizuku (teleconference in pjs and fishing for compliments) and Ayako (also tries her best to impress Tatsuya whenever possible).

As for Kasuto, I think he has an extremely platonic relationship with Tatsuya. Kasuto obviously thinks Tatsuya is TMC caliber (thus making the suggestion that he marries Mayumi or one of the twins) but I don't think it's ever been stated that Juumonjis are at odds with Yotsubas.
I think it was how baka-tsuki translated in one of the volumes about how Juumonji's Phalanx is the natural enemy to Tatsuya's Decomposition. I think all that means is that Phalanx is a natural counter magic cause it's a constantly regenerating barrier.
Neo-Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 19:36   Link #724
peinmaximus@

1-Guys,The Yotsuba clan is the most powerful among the ten clans,right?

2-How much powerful is really Tatsuya's aunt?

3-Tatsuya's friends not suspect that he is an Strategic-Class Magician?

4-Tatsuya currently already killed another Apostle in this story,besides that guy that was from China?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 19:57   Link #725
Neo-Illusions

1. On an outward appearance, Yotsuba and Saegusa are the two strongest families in the TMC. However, accordingly to Kudou Retsu, if you account for both Miyuki and Tatsuya, Yotsuba is on a level of their own.

2. Technically, she's the strongest magician in Japan, yet ironically, Tatsuya's Decomposition is a direct counter (meaning he is capable of defeating Maya 1v1)

3. Pretty sure you asked this already.

4. Out of the 13 Apostles, only Liu Yunde has died (he was in the GAA fleet that got annihilated by Tatsuya's Material Burst during the Yokohama Disturbance arc).
Neo-Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 23:10   Link #726
Aciald

The way I read what Retsu said is that the Yotsuba with Tatsuya, Miyuki, and the Twins added in are stronger than all the other Ten Master Clans combined.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 00:56   Link #727
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Illusions View Post
2. Technically, she's the strongest magician in Japan, yet ironically, Tatsuya's Decomposition is a direct counter (meaning he is capable of defeating Maya 1v1).
She is one of the strongest in the world. And, it's not really Ironic though, it's just a matter of compatibility, Tat's just happen to be able to counter her.

Btw, there's a Q&A thread for asking questions.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 02:19   Link #728
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
The way I read what Retsu said is that the Yotsuba with Tatsuya, Miyuki, and the Twins added in are stronger than all the other Ten Master Clans combined.
No, Retsu said Maya, Tatsuya and Miyuki. But yeah if you add the twins you'd get the confirmation that the Yotsuba surpass the TMC completely.

Retsu's words aside, I feel like such is already the case without Tatsuya and Miyuki. I mean, their modus operandi shows they have enough power to not need any help from the other clans and they don't really need to care about what they do unless they stand in the Yotsuba's way (which ends with the Yotsuba getting rid of them). What clan could send a 15 year old to go strike a deal with the USNA and Elder Kudou?
Old 2014-10-14, 02:50   Link #729
yellowsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
A competitor? It's related to the Thesis Competition, right? Maybe George or Minoru?
George and Minoru is not a good rival/competitor for Tatsuya. I'm thinking that Zhou will finally reveal himself in vol 15.
yellowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 03:16   Link #730
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnake View Post
George and Minoru is not a good rival/competitor for Tatsuya. I'm thinking that Zhou will finally reveal himself in vol 15.
If it's indeed related to the Thesis Competition I can think of no one better than George, especially since he didn't have the occasion to show his researches last year. I mentioned Minoru because he is said to be smart and he was discussing with Tatsuya about CADs according to spoilers. He might be a member of 2nd High team.

Could you please translate the Afterword?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 04:53   Link #731
yellowsnake

Quote:
If it's indeed related to the Thesis Competition I can think of no one better than George, especially since he didn't have the occasion to show his researches last year. I mentioned Minoru because he is said to be smart and he was discussing with Tatsuya about CADs according to spoilers. He might be a member of 2nd High team.

My Japanese is not good enough to do translations. If the Chinese version comes out then I'll do it.
Old 2014-10-19, 16:12   Link #732
DragoSlayer

i'm just waiting for the surprise of the year....tatsuya suddenly starting a relationship with fujibayashi(favorite fem character along with Lina, Erica and Mari(already taken)) but with the development in the last volume i highly doubt it.... such a shame
DragoSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 14:14   Link #733
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Illusions View Post
1. Only Yotsuba and 101 know Tatsuya is Strategic-Class. Depending on what Lina reported back at the end of the Visitors arc, it could be implied that USNA knows as well.
1. In addition to the list, Raymond S Clark also knows it, so we can also assume, the other seven sages (including Maya & Jiedo Heigu) may be able to find it. Seems like, Maya is trying to stop Tatsuya to face GAA for this reason. For the case of USNA, I think, Yotsuba's deal with USNA may stop USNA's investigation before recovering too much information about Tatsuya. But, at least USNA STARS can speculate the possible link between Scorched Halloween and Yotsuba.

Quote:
No, Retsu said Maya, Tatsuya and Miyuki. But yeah if you add the twins you'd get the confirmation that the Yotsuba surpass the TMC completely.
Kuroba twins are not bad, but we cannot put them equal to Tatsuya, Miyuki, and Maya.
Maya and Miyuki have their own magics that can overpower any opponents probably except Tatsuya. And, Tatsuya is a completely different breed.
Kuroba twins may have some hidden powers, but we cannot consider them equal to Maya, Miyuki, and Tatsuya until hidden powers are disclosed (if there are any.)

Quote:
I will share some of information about Afterword.
I read a comment from the guy who is translating Vol.14 (not in English).

[On afterword, Satou Tsutomu mentioned about the second 9SC and stated, he accepted the fact that he did not cover enough details on the second 9SC, and he will definitely talk about the background stories around 2nd 9SC in the future volumes.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoSlayer View Post
i'm just waiting for the surprise of the year....tatsuya suddenly starting a relationship with fujibayashi(favorite fem character along with Lina, Erica and Mari(already taken)) but with the development in the last volume i highly doubt it.... such a shame
Tatsuya will never start a relationship with Kyouko, but the author may set up the story in the way for her to fall in love with Tatsuya.
Regardless of what happened in vol.13, Kyouko has been an important resource for Tatsuya. And, Kyouko is one of two most useful female characters for Tatsuya along with Ayako. Who knows? If Tatsuya realizes, Kyouko is fallen for him(if she falls in love with him), he may try to take an advantage of her skills even more.

Among girls that are in love with Tatsuya, there isn't any older sister type, yet. (Mayumi is claiming, she is, but....)
So, if Kyouko joins the harem, it would be the perfect set, and the author also chose Kyouko as one of his female favorites during the recent interview, so anything is possible.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-10-20 at 14:57.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 18:04   Link #734
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Kuroba twins are not bad, but we cannot put them equal to Tatsuya, Miyuki, and Maya.
Maya and Miyuki have their own magics that can overpower any opponents probably except Tatsuya. And, Tatsuya is a completely different breed.
Kuroba twins may have some hidden powers, but we cannot consider them equal to Maya, Miyuki, and Tatsuya until hidden powers are disclosed (if there are any.)
Oh I wasn't putting them on the same level. They're incredibly competent so "not bad" is selling them short. We haven't seen all of them. If Fumiya is more like Miyuki in terms of magic, then he's bound to have more outrageous spells. Besides he might have a personalized version of Mitsugu's bees. They will inherit Kuroba, so they're still a huge asset for the Yotsuba.
Old 2014-10-20, 21:24   Link #735
yellowsnake

http://www.lightnovel.cn/thread-775204-1-1.html
For anyone that can read chinese, the part about Tatsuya's magic is translated.
Old 2014-10-20, 21:39   Link #736
Tormenk

I've only glanced through it but it seems like it's only about Tatsuya explaining the FAE concepts and difficulties to Miyuki.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 21:43   Link #737
yellowsnake

So he can't use the new magic because his technical skills is not good enough.
Old 2014-10-20, 21:51   Link #738
Nicaea

Quote:
So he can't use the new magic because his technical skills is not good enough.
Considering how he wished to be stronger it's quite horrible. I wonder if Miyuki could benefit from the new magic? Or rather, FAE theory because she can't decompose and regrowth.
Old 2014-10-20, 22:01   Link #739
yellowsnake

Quote:
Considering how he wished to be stronger it's quite horrible. I wonder if Miyuki could benefit from the new magic? Or rather, FAE theory because she can't decompose and regrowth.
It seems like he's really pushing himself into making this work and it is very painful for him since he keeps getting severe burns every time he fails.
Old 2014-10-21, 02:15   Link #740
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
This new magic is for Tatsuya only.
The story has been driven into the direction where Tatsuya to battle many opponents by himself, so the author probably thought, it is time for Tatsuya to be stronger. If Tatsuya can rely on other characters' support to cover his weakness, it should not be necessary for Tatsuya to develop another magic, but he does not really have any comrades to stand by him, so I think, the story is turning into this direction.

Sometimes, I feel, he should develop AOE version of decomposition magic. It would solve a lot of problems for him.

Quote:
It seems like he's really pushing himself into making this work and it is very painful for him since he keeps getting severe burns every time he fails.
If given information is correct, the author may be building the ground for Tatsuya to improve his artificial magic calculation zone. During the Visitor Arc, the Mahouka covered the possibility of Tatsuya recovering his lost emotional part through Pixie, and from the Double-Seven part, Tatsuya starts to demand his emotional capabilities in order to answer Honoka's feelings. Now, through developing this new magic, Tatsuya may start developing strong desire for improving his artificial magic calculation zone or at least find a way to go around its existing limitation. If Tatsuya feels, it is necessary for him to be stronger for his sister, he will be stronger.

So far, there isn't any organization or a person who can solve Tatsuya's problems in Japan.
I strongly feel, the solution for Tatsuya's problems can be given by people like Jiedo Heigu or possibly Zhou because both of them are specialized in magic that are unknown.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-10-21 at 02:34.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc