AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-10-19, 17:55   Link #481
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So I noticed in the OP that the 8th Gunpla Battle Championship poster used a silhouette of the Star Build Strike doing the victory pose it made when it defeated the Exia Dark Matter.

Makes me wonder if they did that for every championship promotional poster--used an image of the previous winner's Gunpla. Would be nice to see all of those.
Would make sense in-universe. Time to find out if they used Alpha Azieru for the 7th Tourney.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 19:11   Link #482
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
It took me a while but I found a shot of Yuuma in S1, they really started from scratch on his character design didn't they?

I wonder if they will reanimate that for a flashback seeing as how that scene is where China buys Yuuma his first Gunpla from Sei.

Spoiler for big image:
HAHA they screwed up bad!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 19:14   Link #483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or, y'know, they simply retconned it, as by episode 3 they had no idea just how well GBF would succeed. Rather than "screwing up".
Old 2014-10-19, 19:25   Link #484
Raso

Ok another minor nitpick / question.

Why is the trophy in the club and not next to his father's in Iori's Models? Sei was never actually part of the club since he had to work at the family store, heck he flat out refused to join in the first episodes.
Old 2014-10-19, 19:25   Link #485
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
HAHA they screwed up bad!
It's also possible that she has more than one sibling.
Old 2014-10-19, 19:32   Link #486
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ok another minor nitpick / question.

Why is the trophy in the club and not next to his father's in Iori's Models? Sei was never actually part of the club since he had to work at the family store, heck he flat out refused to join in the first episodes.
Nothing to say he didn't join the club after winning the tournament. I imagine there's a story behind why the trophy is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It's also possible that she has more than one sibling.
Unlikely, at this point. We've only seen the one sibling, only ever had the one sibling mentioned, and this one sibling we've seen took interest in Gunpla at a very early age, which fits into the OP and flashback, as it couldn't have been too long after the Plavsky Particle return, judging by the poster.
Old 2014-10-19, 20:19   Link #487
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gunpla battle club didn't even EXIST in the first season, why people seems to forget it is beyond me, there's only PLAMO club headed by Tatsuya.

Sei is the founder, using his trophy and reputation as motivator, why is this so hard to grasp?
Old 2014-10-19, 20:24   Link #488
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Your average anime viewer doesn't have attention span/eye for detail. :V

Anyway, although I miss Aila and Reiji, I'm a little glad they won't show. Let's not forget that Jesus Yamato took over Destiny because fans were clamoring for him to return, giving Morosawa an excuse to drop him and Lacus into the mix again.

SEED fans brought this upon themselves...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 21:42   Link #489
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Your average anime viewer doesn't have attention span/eye for detail. :V

Anyway, although I miss Aila and Reiji, I'm a little glad they won't show. Let's not forget that Jesus Yamato took over Destiny because fans were clamoring for him to return, giving Morosawa an excuse to drop him and Lacus into the mix again.

SEED fans brought this upon themselves...
I don't really agree with that reasoning too much. Just because people want something doesn't mean they want it done poorly and I don't buy that there was no way to bring Kira and company into the story and do it well.

In this case there really isn't much reason to do more than minor appearances for the original cast. It's not like the world is at stake here.
Old 2014-10-19, 22:07   Link #490
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I don't really agree with that reasoning too much. Just because people want something doesn't mean they want it done poorly and I don't buy that there was no way to bring Kira and company into the story and do it well.

In this case there really isn't much reason to do more than minor appearances for the original cast. It's not like the world is at stake here.
I don't think I've said that people want things done poorly either, but pandering to the fans doesn't always work out.

And there was no way to bring Kira and co into the story and do it well. No way at all. Not while Morosawa was writing the script, at any rate.

The scale seems a bit different though. This tourney is a local tourney. At most, National-level. The Build Fighters cast are (with some exceptions) world-tier builders and fighters; the scope is completely different.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 22:38   Link #491
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
my only niptick for SEED Destiny is Shinn becoming a what if Kamille Bidan that was replaced by Amuro Ray as the MC halfway through in Zeta. he should have become a Lelouch..........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 09:04   Link #492
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's all moot argument anyway, we know that there's a way to involve Kira without bad writing following, and it's called SRW Z. But of course, it doesn't fit Fukuda's 'vision'.

Back to topic, people.
Old 2014-10-20, 11:53   Link #493
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

still speculating on if AGE units finally appearing along side the G-Reco cameos,
also in the SD department Gundam Force & Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors & that popular SD manga featuring the combining gimmick, why has everyone forget about the awsome combining Gundam gimmick?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2014-10-20, 15:01   Link #494
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
still speculating on if AGE units finally appearing along side the G-Reco cameos,
also in the SD department Gundam Force & Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors & that popular SD manga featuring the combining gimmick, why has everyone forget about the awsome combining Gundam gimmick?
G-Reco is airing on another station so not likely. AGE suits are probably not going to appear outside of a few seconds of blowing up because how disliked they are.
Old 2014-10-20, 15:03   Link #495
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Well they have had to add warnings to the Dom that Build Burning not included... So it is probably selling big time.

Hahaha that's great. Why would people even think that though realistically.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 17:01   Link #496
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
G-Reco is airing on another station so not likely. AGE suits are probably not going to appear outside of a few seconds of blowing up because how disliked they are.
G-Reco has been confirmed for making background appearances in GBFT.
Old 2014-10-20, 17:36   Link #497
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Good

Kuroda said the problem with G-Reco is not airing rights, but the way they 'moves'.

Likewise, Trailblazer and AGE now can be shown due to the new agreement with MBS (Thanks to Bandai picking them for G-reco, maybe)
Old 2014-10-21, 11:25   Link #498
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i could have sworn i've heard fan theories about AGE references even without the actual MS & characters making cameo appearances at all in the first season, particularly Dark Matter Exia's backpack attachment bears an uncanny resemblance to Sid along with attaching itself into the Vagan Gear, Obright's melee signature move & that background guy with the failed imitation Char mask who ended up looking like Zeheart's mask, not sure if that's even actually confirmed at all, officially that is.
Old 2014-10-21, 12:16   Link #499
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Obright's final battle saber spin has been used once in both seasons, and the Dark Matter Booster does indeed look like SID when separated from the Exia. On top of that, Miyaga has both Obright's hairstyle and voice actor.

AGE isn't as disliked as people say--at least, not in Japan. Sure, it did poorly saleswise, but so did Gundam X, and we had a whole bloody custom Gunpla out of that. Just because all y'all don't like AGE doesn't mean Build Fighters won't ever utilize it. I mean, hell, Build Fighters even referenced G-Savior, and if that can make the reference cut...
Old 2014-10-21, 12:59   Link #500
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wasn't AGE HG actually... err, sell relative well?

It was the Advanced Grade that considered so much of a sales botch that they have to DUMP shitton of them to Philippine and Thailand, and hand them to children for free.