AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 13:40   Link #641
Galaxian

When Toei wants to, they can put up some damn good animation. Saint Seiya Omega has some spectacular animation... On certain key episodes, overall animation was one of Omega's weakest points.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:16   Link #642
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess this series is aimed towards an older demographic considering what they have been
teasing.
Old 2014-10-19, 12:41   Link #643
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I hope Kari has a role like she did in the first flick, she was already part of the main zero two cast.

But man, what a growth spur, I don't remember her being that tall in the last seriesXD

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 12:49   Link #644
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I hope Kari has a role like she did in the first flick, she was already part of the main zero two cast.

But man, what a growth spur, I don't remember her being that tall in the last seriesXD
She was only 12 or 13 at the time of O2.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 08:48   Link #645
Idealist 99

I was wondering , What if the New antagonist are 7 Kids with the crest of 7 Sins ???
I think I heard something about crest based on 7 sins.

Quote:
Again considering how they're touting it, I as well as those who who usually do the digimon translations highly doubt it, again you can have a sequel using the same protagonists nothing says that you have to get a completely new cast for a sequel. Especially when no indication was ever made to suggest that.
Ya But Its still heard to believe that this new series will have just the Original Seven !
Without a single new Digidestined !
Even though , Every new digimon series at least had 1 new Digidestined ! Even if he/She is antagonist .
If You believe the New Digimon Series will be promoted like the Previous then you have to admit there going to be a New Digidestined.
I just hope Dorumon get his deserved role.

Quote:
Were you paying attention to Adventure, 02, Tamers, or practically any any digimon series ever made? They almost never develop the characters together, instead they all get their own character arcs, and focus episodes, flaws, goals worries, etc. Its not that saving the world is important to the story itself, its just a background, an excuse to force the characters together, but in reality doesn't all that much bearing on the individual character's. The only series that tried to do what you're describing was Xros Wars, and that didn't do so well.
One Piece characters don't really share the same goals, they all have different goals but travel together because they're friends.
Do you honestly think Characters get Develop themselves ??? Without Other Characters or Incident's influence ???
Then you have no idea about characters develop !!! Characters doesn't develop themselves.
First , He/She share a similar goal that connect him with other characters and various incidents they been though.
All the Digidestined were Developed because of the influence of other Character & the Incident that took place.
There is also a thing call Proper Development & Rubbish Development.
Example : Trip from BW series won a major tournament unscratched Only because he had a Love-story with Alder . After Battling Alder , Trip turn into Good Boy .
Yep , Trip had a own ark for Development !!! Do you think Trip got proper development ?
If you think Trip development was proper then my friend , You don't know the difference between development & Over-glorification !!!
Because any Pokemon-fan will say that Trip development was BULLSHIT !

Quote:
Right because these award shows have never nominated anything that doesn't deserve it am I right?
Your simply judging the Hunters Popularity from Japanese Ranking ! Do you honestly think those Ranking mean anything???
TV ratings in general are relatively meaningless in this day and age when recording and streaming shows has gained popularity. In addition, people watch less TV in general.
Trust me , more then half of Anime discussed in this Form never make it Japanese Ranking !!
According to Japanese Ranking , The most Popular Anime of 2014 would be YoKai Watch But nobody here would give a dam care about that Anime.
So , Saying ''Digimon Hunter'' was bad cause it never had high Rating is stupid specially when the said show nominated for Emmy Award .
As Franchise Popularity go , Pokemon & Doreamon are far Popular then Digimon.

Honestly , I'm not a Big fan of Digimon adventure 02 ! The only thing that made that Series Interesting was Davis Crush toward Kari .
But Devis was treated like a Comic Relief for 80% of the Series ! I felt sorry for how the poor guy was treated .
But Just because you think Adventure 02 should be erase doesn't mean everyone has to think the same way ! Because its you Own Opinion
There are people who think Adventure 02 would be a Canon in new series and they has the right to express Their own Opinion !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNzVPaxM45U

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2014-10-21 at 09:43.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 10:10   Link #646
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Ya But Its still heard to believe that this new series will have just the Original Seven !
Without a single new Digidestined !
Even though , Every new digimon series at least had 1 new Digidestined ! Even if he/She is antagonist .
If You believe the New Digimon Series will be promoted like the Previous then you have to admit there going to be a New Digidestined.
I just hope Dorumon get his deserved role.
There are plenty of sequels which keep the original cast and just change the main villian, heck Cyborg 009 has been doing that for years.

Also again it takes such a long time to develop 8 main characters, so just putting in more would just be hampering the writers.

Well so far I'm being proven right, aren't I? They all but just confirmed that Hikari is going to be in the new series. If they were going to include new main characters they would have already done so.
Quote:
Do you honestly think Characters get Develop themselves ??? Without any Characters or Incident's influence ???
Then you have no idea about characters develop !!! Characters doesn't develop themselves.
First , He/She share a similar goal that connect him with other characters and various incidents they been though.
All the Digidestined were Developed because of the influence of other Character & the Incident that took place.
There is also a thing call Proper Development & Rubbish Development.
Example : Trip from BW series won a major tournament unscratched Only because he had a Love-story with Alder . After Battling Alder , Trip turn into Good Boy .
Yep , Trip had a own ark for Development !!! Do you think Trip got proper development ?
If you think Trip development was proper then my friend , You don't know the difference between development & Over-glorification !!!
Because any Pokemon-fan will say that Trip development was BULLSHIT !
Those incidents were tailor suited to play off of those character flaws, and therefore force change, and more often than not aren't related to the "save the world narrative" and don't move the story forward. It wasn't that the main goal of the show is important to the individual characters, because it really isn't. The kids especially in season 1 were forced into the digital world, and all they wanted to do was get home. Also comparing Digimon to Pokemon in how characters are developed, despite the shows having nothing in common with how they written, is again not helping your argument. If you don't think that characters can have development that isn't related to the main conflict then again you haven't seen much anime.

Quote:
Your simply judging the Hunters Popularity from Japanese Ranking ! Do you honestly think those Ranking mean anything???
TV ratings in general are relatively meaningless in this day and age when recording and streaming shows has gained popularity. In addition, people watch less TV in general.
Trust me , more then half of Anime discussed in this Form never make it Japanese Ranking !!
According to Japanese Ranking , The most Popular Anime of 2014 would be YoKai Watch But nobody here would give a dam care about that Anime.
So , Saying ''Digimon Hunter'' was bad cause it never had high Rating is stupid specially when the said show nominated for Emmy Award .
As Franchise Popularity go , Pokemon & Doreamon are far Popular then Digimon.
I'm basing it off of reviews as well, Hunters isn't very liked by the western fandom for a plethora of reasons. Pointing out its low ratings is just the easiest way to show you it wasn't well received by the Japanese fandom either, because no one wanted to watch it. Also Once again you're wrong the Number 1, 2, and 3 anime of 2014 so far are, Sazae-san, Detective Conan, and One Piece, and even more recently Magic Kaito,all of those shows are consistently in the top 3. All of these shows are before Yokai Watch, two of them have a pretty big in the western fandom.
Also I'm saying that the ratings for Hunters were low, because they were factually very low this isn't something that is up for debate the show did badly, that is a fact. Its last episode had a 0.8 ratings. and overall has the lowest of any digimon series that has ever aired in Japan.
Again its not like the Emmy's have nominated shows that didn't deserve it before.
Digimon is more popular in Japan than it is in the Western world.

Quote:
Honestly , I'm not a Big fan of Digimon adventure 02 ! The only thing that made that Series Interesting was Davis Crush toward Kari .
But Devis was treated like a Comic Relief for 80% of the Series ! I felt sorry for how the poor guy was treated .
But Just because you think Adventure 02 should be erase doesn't mean everyone has to think the same way ! Because its you Own Opinion
There are people who think Adventure 02 would be a Canon in new series and they has the right to express Their own Opinion !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNzVPaxM45U
Because he was the comic relief character created to literally be a copy of Taichi but without the character development. Just because people think that it will happen doesn't mean that it will, its not up to them its up to Toei. If Toei and Bandai find including 02 to be problematic then they won't.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 01:02   Link #647
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Its a matter of personal preference really as to how hunters faired with the viewers.
But to take into consideration that Xros Wars and Hunters had the standard timeslot for the franchised changed and different directors, it's a given as to why many of the older generations of fans
didn't agree to the Xros and Hunters marketing direction. And that Hunters was a rush production to support the Xros sales.

Personally I thought the hunter's had some of the best battle animation and music I seen out of the entire series franchise....
but the major flaw was the storyplot and trying to introduce the digimon to a new generation of viewers in a way that
saw Xros Wars and Hunters as a new take on pre-existing markets such as Pokemon, Hunters in my opinon was a terrible with this.

Tho with its faults, Xros and Hunter's did pave a way for the new adventure season to come in this quickly.
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 03:10   Link #648
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
Its a matter of personal preference really as to how hunters faired with the viewers.
But to take into consideration that Xros Wars and Hunters had the standard timeslot for the franchised changed and different directors, it's a given as to why many of the older generations of fans
didn't agree to the Xros and Hunters marketing direction. And that Hunters was a rush production to support the Xros sales.

Personally I thought the hunter's had some of the best battle animation and music I seen out of the entire series franchise....
but the major flaw was the storyplot and trying to introduce the digimon to a new generation of viewers in a way that
saw Xros Wars and Hunters as a new take on pre-existing markets such as Pokemon, Hunters in my opinon was a terrible with this.

Tho with its faults, Xros and Hunter's did pave a way for the new adventure season to come in this quickly.
The funny thing is that while Digimon hasn't had an anime since 2006 the franchise is still ongoing in Japan in other mediums. Xros Wars was a serious departure from franchise in general. However the Xros Wars toys actually sold really well, its just that the tv series itself that didn't do so well, see the link of the ratings I posted.

Actually, there was a lot more to it than that. They were building up for this Adventure sequel during the airing of Xros Wars, so its something that would have happened regardless of how Xros Wars did.
Old 2014-10-22, 04:22   Link #649
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
The funny thing is that while Digimon hasn't had an anime since 2006 the franchise is still ongoing in Japan in other mediums. Xros Wars was a serious departure from franchise in general. However the Xros Wars toys actually sold really well, its just that the tv series itself that didn't do so well, see the link of the ratings I posted.
You know, that reminds me... did they ever make any toys of anything past the first 30 episodes of Xros Wars? I seem to recall that while Death Generals and Hunters was going on at least, someone mentioned that there had yet to be any toys put out of stuff like OmegaShoutmon, ZekeGreymon and the new Hunters-characters... So did they ever actually get around to putting any of that out?
Old 2014-10-22, 06:21   Link #650
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
You know, that reminds me... did they ever make any toys of anything past the first 30 episodes of Xros Wars? I seem to recall that while Death Generals and Hunters was going on at least, someone mentioned that there had yet to be any toys put out of stuff like OmegaShoutmon, ZekeGreymon and the new Hunters-characters... So did they ever actually get around to putting any of that out?
I'm not sure, I don't see any toys of anything Xros Wars related past that point.
Old 2014-10-22, 12:21   Link #651
Galaxian

I heard about Xros War toy sales being good enough that Toei added the Hunters season, which was not in the original plan, but their ratings throughout the series were abysmal. The only time they got a pop was during the final episodes of Hunters when the return of old characters was advertised.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 03:25   Link #652
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
There are plenty of sequels which keep the original cast and just change the main villian, heck Cyborg 009 has been doing that for years.

Also again it takes such a long time to develop 8 main characters, so just putting in more would just be hampering the writers.
Unfortunately , Digimon isn't those type of Anime.
Digimon is an Anime like Precure that replace the main character in every new series.
Plus , Your forgetting that Digimon Anime real goal is to introduce New Digimon & Sales their Merchandise.
Do You honestly think This new Series will not introduce a New Digimon as One of the DigiDestined Partner like every other series?? Do you think the New digimon will be just antagonist or some ally like Leomon.
Are You just a child who believe Digimon Anime are made for Children Satisfactory??
Every new Digimon Series Introduce at least One New DigiDestined with New Digimon ! Ether as Leader , Antagonist or Sidekick , A New DigiDestined did made his/her appearance with a new Digimon
Even in Digimon Saver where Agumon had New Digivolution and while 2 Digidestined with new Digimon
As far as I know , 7 new Digidestined might appear with the crest of 7 sins as Antagonist.

Quote:
Those incidents were tailor suited to play off of those character flaws, and therefore force change, and more often than not aren't related to the "save the world narrative" and don't move the story forward. It wasn't that the main goal of the show is important to the individual characters, because it really isn't. The kids especially in season 1 were forced into the digital world, and all they wanted to do was get home. Also comparing Digimon to Pokemon in how characters are developed, despite the shows having nothing in common with how they written, is again not helping your argument. If you don't think that characters can have development that isn't related to the main conflict then again you haven't seen much anime.
Your forgetting , At first the Original Seven share One goal And That is to Go back Home ! Until they learn the Danger surrounding their own world which cause them to change their Goal.
Digimon is always been about Some children and their partner Digimon/DigiSpirit fighting Evil !
And Every character is somehow connected to this war between Good & Evil. That how Digimon Character get develop.
They were given a Role and get Developed According to it .
Mimi Selfisness was cured because of thing she experience as DigiDestined . Matt & TK got over their Family dilemma because of those incidence they been.
Everyone of those character grow because they were chosen to fight evil and the thing they experience for it.
Do you have any idea how many multiple character PreCure , Inazuma eleven , Shugo chara , Yakitate Japan developed ???
As far as Writer go , They doesn't give a dam care about development as long as their is a increase in Digimon Toys Sales .

Quote:
Well so far I'm being proven right, aren't I? They all but just confirmed that Hikari is going to be in the new series. If they were going to include new main characters they would have already done so.
May be , They introduce Hikari first cause Tai's Sister !!!
Just like I told you , Every Digimon Series Bring a New DigiDestined with new Digimon sooner or later.
The question is , Is he/she will be a Main Character Or an Antagonist .

Quote:
I'm basing it off of reviews as well, Hunters isn't very liked by the western fandom for a plethora of reasons. Pointing out its low ratings is just the easiest way to show you it wasn't well received by the Japanese fandom either, because no one wanted to watch it. Also Once again you're wrong the Number 1, 2, and 3 anime of 2014 so far are, Sazae-san, Detective Conan, and One Piece, and even more recently Magic Kaito,all of those shows are consistently in the top 3. All of these shows are before Yokai Watch, two of them have a pretty big in the western fandom.
Opps , I forgot to mention new Anime of 2014 .
I wonder if Magic Kaitou is new because I watched Magic kaitou couple of month ago.

Quote:
Also I'm saying that the ratings for Hunters were low, because they were factually very low this isn't something that is up for debate the show did badly, that is a fact. Its last episode had a 0.8 ratings. and overall has the lowest of any digimon series that has ever aired in Japan.
Again its not like the Emmy's have nominated shows that didn't deserve it before.
Digimon is more popular in Japan than it is in the Western world.
You heard about How Digimon Toys Sales Increased because of Xros War Series that promote the Producer to create a Squeal .
For Anime meant to advertise Merchandise like Digomon or Pokemon , That the most Important thing ! Even more then Ranking & Reviews .
As far as Anime goes , Pokemon is far Popular then Digimon in both Japan & Western So it should it been Pokemon to got that Nomination.
Unless they consider That Worthless BW Series that was even worst then Adventure 02.

Quote:
Because he was the comic relief character created to literally be a copy of Taichi but without the character development. Just because people think that it will happen doesn't mean that it will, its not up to them its up to Toei. If Toei and Bandai find including 02 to be problematic then they won't.
And we don't know if Toei & Bandai find it Problematic or Not !
They doesn't care about creating a Proper Story ! They just want to introduce New Digimon & New Digivolution to sell them and earn Profit .
If they learned a lesson from Devis then they wouldn't create a Protagonist like Tagiru (Hunter) who happen to be even worst then Devis.
Honestly , If They want a immature Protagonist then they should read GSC Chapter of PokeSpe and create Someone like Gold .

Just like I said , I might be wrong Or You might be wrong ! Just wait until the next month to see some real info.
Old 2014-10-23, 04:10   Link #653
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Quote:
If they learned a lesson from Devis then they wouldn't create a Protagonist like Tagiru (Hunter) who happen to be even worst then Devis.
Honestly , If They want a immature Protagonist then they should read GSC Chapter of PokeSpe and create Someone like Gold
Just goes to show, Digimon is NOT Pokemon

Seriously... what was the new group even thinking!?

ANWAY you actually you just raised an important point,.. each new series of digimon has new characters, digimon AND evolution methods

Starting from
Season 2 [Armor and DNA (further exploration from the War Game's movie... thanks for butchering that fox)]
Season 3 [Item/Card Alteration methods and Matrix Evolution fusion aka "Bio-Merge*"] (see above)
Season 4 [Spirit Evolution an continuation from Matrix only more extensive]
Season 5 [Revised "Bio" from seasons 3 and 4, Mode evolutions]
Season 6, 7 [A recoined version of DNA evolution and Mode forms]

I doubt we will see a "New" evolution method in the new season persay but more like
rehash of previous methods or ways to say their branching out more in each Digimons
evolution trees... its also a perfect way to retcon new digimon into the series and
change the previous "set" forms of for example Gomamon and Biyomon Mega forms
from Plesiomon/Vikemon and Hououmon
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 04:28   Link #654
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
Just goes to show, Digimon is NOT Pokemon

Seriously... what was the new group even thinking!?

ANWAY you actually you just raised an important point,.. each new series of digimon has new characters, digimon AND evolution methods

Starting from
Season 2 [Armor and DNA (further exploration from the War Game's movie... thanks for butchering that fox)]
Season 3 [Item/Card Alteration methods and Matrix Evolution fusion aka "Bio-Merge*"] (see above)
Season 4 [Spirit Evolution an continuation from Matrix only more extensive]
Season 5 [Revised "Bio" from seasons 3 and 4, Mode evolutions]
Season 6, 7 [A recoined version of DNA evolution and Mode forms]

I doubt we will see a "New" evolution method in the new season persay but more like
rehash of previous methods or ways to say their branching out more in each Digimons
evolution trees... its also a perfect way to retcon new digimon into the series and
change the previous "set" forms of for example Gomamon and Biyomon Mega forms
from Plesiomon/Vikemon and Hououmon
Well , Its all depend on the ''New Digimons'' Producer want to introduce and sell.
Mimi's Liilymon might evolve into Bancho-Lillymon which was revealed this Year.
But they are the Digimon of 2014 !
The new Series might focus on new Digimon of 2015.

I'm not really comparing Pokemon & Digimon there . I was saying that if the Producer want an immature ''Funny'' Protagonist again then they should create him based on ''Gold'' who was Immature , Selfish , Irrational , Naughty and Chase after every cute girl But 10 time more competent then TK and know to make Selfless sacrifice.

Devs & Tagiru was just disappointing & Annoying . I guess the Producer wanted an immature funny Protagonist but they went all wrong.

Anyway , I really hate DNA Evolution! I'm okay with Fusion But not with DNA.

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2014-10-23 at 07:36.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 07:32   Link #655
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Unfortunately , Digimon isn't those type of Anime.
Digimon is an Anime like Precure that replace the main character in every new series.
Plus , Your forgetting that Digimon Anime real goal is to introduce New Digimon & Sales their Merchandise.
Do You honestly think This new Series will not introduce a New Digimon as One of the DigiDestined Partner like every other series?? Do you think the New digimon will be just antagonist or some ally like Leomon.
Are You just a child who believe Digimon Anime are made for Children Satisfactory??
Every new Digimon Series Introduce at least One New DigiDestined with New Digimon ! Ether as Leader , Antagonist or Sidekick , A New DigiDestined did made his/her appearance with a new Digimon
Even in Digimon Saver where Agumon had New Digivolution and while 2 Digidestined with new Digimon
As far as I know , 7 new Digidestined might appear with the crest of 7 sins as Antagonist.
Actually that's incorrect, the first season of Precure, and Yes! Precure kept the main characters and only changed the villains, so you're analogy doesn't work. Toei can do whatever it is they want to do.
When they introduce a new digimon series, the first thing they tell you is whether or not the lead character will be different.

The fact that you keep insisting that they will crowd the series with more main character, shows that you know nothing about writing. Also they just showed Hikari so we know she'll be a part of the group as well, so you're theory is already disproven.

Digimon Savers actually first gave us Masaru, before they showed us his partner. His digimon partner came later.

Quote:
Your forgetting , At first the Original Seven share One goal And That is to Go back Home ! Until they learn the Danger surrounding their own world which cause them to change their Goal.
Digimon is always been about Some children and their partner Digimon/DigiSpirit fighting Evil !
And Every character is somehow connected to this war between Good & Evil. That how Digimon Character get develop.
They were given a Role and get Developed According to it .
Mimi Selfisness was cured because of thing she experience as DigiDestined . Matt & TK got over their Family dilemma because of those incidence they been.
Everyone of those character grow because they were chosen to fight evil and the thing they experience for it.
Do you have any idea how many multiple character PreCure , Inazuma eleven , Shugo chara , Yakitate Japan developed ???
As far as Writer go , They doesn't give a dam care about development as long as their is a increase in Digimon Toys Sales .
No they don't, they don't change their tune, they didn't choose they were given an ultimatum, "if they want to go home then they have to save the digital world". The only time they were motivated was in the final arc and that was only because it was effecting the real world, then after that we had to receive motivation via having to watch their friends sacrificing themselves to save them before them before they decided that they really wanted to fight to save the digital world. In fact this was the whole reason why they threw out the chosen children idea for Tamers, because there was no real choice. It wasn't until the Dark Masters arc that the children were given motivation and choice to save the world, that wasn't an ultimatum.

The only children who chose to save the digital world were the 02 kids. The original kids did not have a choice in saving the world, they never got the choice to walk away.
Precure never develops more than one main team at a time, so again you're comparison is once again failing you.
Also trying to group all the seasons together isn't helping your argument.

Quote:
May be , They introduce Hikari first cause Tai's Sister !!!
Just like I told you , Every Digimon Series Bring a New DigiDestined with new Digimon sooner or later.
The question is , Is he/she will be a Main Character Or an Antagonist .
Oh you mean like how they introduced Tohma second because he was Masaru's co-worker? Or how they introduced Kouji, because he was going to be Takuya's friend? You see where I'm going with this? Whenever Toei makes a sequel they will always show off the new characters first, and save the older characters for last. That's what they did with Saint Seiya, 02, and Hunters (even though its not a sequel).

Quote:
You heard about How Digimon Toys Sales Increased because of Xros War Series that promote the Producer to create a Squeal .
For Anime meant to advertise Merchandise like Digomon or Pokemon , That the most Important thing ! Even more then Ranking & Reviews .
As far as Anime goes , Pokemon is far Popular then Digimon in both Japan & Western So it should it been Pokemon to got that Nomination.
Unless they consider That Worthless BW Series that was even worst then Adventure 02.
And what does Pokemon have to do with digimon? Seriously you're comparing two shows that don't have anything in common. It seems more like you're upset that Pokemon didn't get the nomination. Calm down they nominate undeserving shows all the time.

Quote:
And we don't know if Toei & Bandai find it Problematic or Not !
They doesn't care about creating a Proper Story ! They just want to introduce New Digimon & New Digivolution to sell them and earn Profit .
Honestly , If They want a immature Protagonist then they should read GSC Chapter of PokeSpe and create Someone like Gold .

Just like I said , I might be wrong Or You might be wrong ! Just wait until the next month to see some real info.
02 has a lot of supplemental material, some of it solves the problems some of them ignore them, but a lot of it just further messes up a story that was already convoluted to begin, for instance the first 02 movie is canon now and the second one is not. So literally including it would mean fixing 02's mess, and there is a question of where they would they could even start with that. Dragon Ball GT had the same problem (it actually has a sequel), and we know how Toei handled that. FYI they've also been re-airing Adventure.

Actually the writers do care about creating a proper story, Bandai only really tells Toei what digimon they can use, what those digimon can do, what devices they can use and how they work, and how they can they can be used, and that's it. Toei is then given free reign to do everything else. What happened with 02 was a case of too many writers spoiling the stew, everyone including the producer and director had an idea of what they wanted and no one wanted to back down from those ideas, and because those two are higher on the food chain the writers ended up being drowned out, this is why the original second half of 02 was thrown out, and why we got so much filler in its place. In the case of Xros Wars (technically Hunters and Xros Wars are the same series, Hunters is not a sequel) they were trying to emulate what made Adventure popular, while doing their own thing and they failed at that.

Daisuke was a darling of the producer, so they put him in everything, so of course when something from 02 did well, they thought it was because of him. Also the person who was responsible for Daisuke's creation also worked on Hunters, and they had none of the writers from 02 to warn them away from it (because the writers had problems with his character).

Also please stop comparing Pokemon with Digimon, the anime has nothing in common in terms of production and goals.
Old 2014-10-23, 08:08   Link #656
Bogart
Banned

I don't want to see Bancho Lilymon until the original has really had an opportunity to strut her stuff. Bancho versions are stupid and tacky. A bad joke that leave the originals unappreciated. Let the original Lily kick ass.
Old 2014-10-25, 08:32   Link #657
smilewolfy

dam, it seems no one even cares to click that egg anymore xD at this rate it should be done around christmas time~

on the topic of 02 being possibly retconned, I don't think that's completely unplausable. I mean, in 02 they DID say there were alternate worlds and such, which can be proven even further with Ryo being in tamers, and those episodes in hunters where the leaders from all the digimon series come together.

so, since we have that theory, we could assume that if 02 is retconned, it won't be destroyed, it's just that Digimon (2015) is an alternate timeline of what happens after adventure.
We could even see like, small cameos of Daisuke and the rest as normal kids, never becoming chosen children which is what should have happened, except ken coz he's awesome
Old 2014-10-25, 11:49   Link #658
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilewolfy View Post
dam, it seems no one even cares to click that egg anymore xD at this rate it should be done around christmas time~
There is no sense of reward or accomplishment in clicking on it. Progress is slow. Visiting the page on a day to day basis is pointless.

If it were a mini-game of sorts where a player's performance could determine the outcome, more people would be interested.
Old 2014-10-27, 08:13   Link #659
Gundamx

I guess we still don't have any new news >_<

anyway, here some picture from pixiv of newTaichi and HiKari
(fanart picture)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 10:59   Link #660
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess we still don't have any new news >_<

anyway, here some picture from pixiv of newTaichi and HiKari
(fanart picture)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
definitely cute.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon