AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-10-14, 03:02   Link #661
Echizen777

All of this just show that the emotion loss problem is not perfect. Otherwise, Tatsuya would have only cared about Miyuki and not the others, he would have treated anyone as coldly as he treats his mother, he would be friends and goals(excepted Miyuki's protection) etc. Like Miyuki's personal robot bodyguard.

The story would have been very dark had it been the case.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 15:01   Link #662
jsr

Well he was in elementary school and he wanted a comrade among the other Yotsuba since at this time everyone was probably treating him like crap. With Ayako he saw a chance to make a friend and he went for it and she was grateful. Tatsuya fixed Mitsugu's arm because if he didn't Ayako and Fumiya would be sad. I think he somewhat considers them a brother and sister. Both Ayako and Fumiya have called him Nii-san so it seems Tatsuya's big brother self kicks in around them.
jsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 05:25   Link #663
pampz21
ShipCore

"Why do girls like Tatsuya?"

Hmmmm lets break it down.

Miyuki:
Tatsuya saving her from her impending doom=sounds legit.

Erika:
Erika wanted someone to complain to and spend time= ..... wouldnt be better to create an imaginary friend than spending time with a robot thats Tatsuya?

Lina:
Tatsuya gave her an advice=*face palm* this girl need to man-up; shes one of the most OP in mahoukaverse but fell inlove because some random guy gave her an advice? She should be piss off cuz she got her ass handed to her and humilated further as her opponent pitied her.

*sigh* moving on.

Mayumi:
She wants a lil bruh!= WTF! That doesnt even count as a reason *supressing to do a table flip*

Honoka:
Genes=......fu*k *flips the table* this is much worse than GS destiny gene plot.

PS: dont bother with me just stating what I think. =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 11:21   Link #664
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Miyuki:

Erika:
Erika wanted someone to complain to and spend time= ..... wouldnt be better to create an imaginary friend than spending time with a robot thats Tatsuya?

Lina:
Tatsuya gave her an advice=*face palm* this girl need to man-up; shes one of the most OP in mahoukaverse but fell inlove because some random guy gave her an advice? She should be piss off cuz she got her ass handed to her and humilated further as her opponent pitied her.

*sigh* moving on.

Mayumi:
She wants a lil bruh!= WTF! That doesnt even count as a reason *supressing to do a table flip*

Honoka:
Genes=......fu*k *flips the table* this is much worse than GS destiny gene plot.

No, I will bother you, She said that as a teasing remark, even though it may reflect a bit what on the inside. Does it sound as if your not really looking to deep into things because you don't want to see them therefore it won't change you mind? Comprehension and understanding should be the basic for a realistic argument/debate other wise your just ranting/flaming and other adjectives. (I think that's the word lol)

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 11:33   Link #665
Nicaea

Quote:

Miyuki:

Erika:

Lina:

*sigh* moving on.

Mayumi:

Honoka:

Pampz pls. Stop going Erika on this. You're not even accurate •~•
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 02:15   Link #666
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Mate...
you understand what pampz talk about???

sorry pampz, i dont understand what you want to say up there

by the way someone hardcore(maybe) already see this one coming (mayumi and erika circumstance) and point it on his/her fanfiction/doujin scrypt a year ago.

Unfortunetly i not check out what about the rest like honoka, shizuku, mikihiko, etc etc
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 02:58   Link #667
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Hmmm its pretty accurate I guess? In one percepective.

Miyuki's flag stood up when Tatsuya saved her from dying.

Mayumi's trigger flag is when she wanted a little brother; coincidentaly Tatsuya fitted the role.

Lina's flag is basically when Tatsuya gave her advice and offered to help.

Honoka's flag is love at first sigth but mostly her genes had the most influence of it.

For Erika....hmmm i forgot why does she even like Tatsuya in the first place?her confession on vol. 3 is accurate but doesnt that apply to Leo and Miki as well? As a matter of fact I dont even know why she stalk him since vol. 1?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-10-30, 03:06   Link #668
Echizen777

Quote:
For Erika....hmmm i forgot why does she even like Tatsuya in the first place?her confession on vol. 3 is accurate but doesnt that apply to Leo and Miki as well? As a matter of fact I dont even know why she stalk him since vol. 1?
She felt Tatsuya's manliness with her swordsman eye . She has good instincts .
Old 2014-11-02, 05:59   Link #669
Pierre

Quote:

Mayumi's trigger flag is when she wanted a little brother; coincidentaly Tatsuya fitted the role.

Honoka's flag is love at first sigth but mostly her genes had the most influence of it.

Miyuki I actually think started to change from the beach fight on, with her being saved kind of being the tipping point.

Mayumi never actually wanted a little brother, that is something she tells her self because she either doesn't understand that she likes Tatsuya in that way, or she does and is just trying to hide it form the others. She probably likes Tatsuya because because she can look at his true value, looking beyond the weed, but seeing a smart talented guy who is pretty decent.

Lina is basically what you said, he was basically there for her, when everyone else including her own government were treating her like a soldier at best, weapon at worst.

Honoka fell for the beauty of his magic if you read the spinoff manga.

Erika is not hard to grasp, she states it point blank in the anime and/or LN. She has a personality where she likes to keep people away and never wants to get close to anyone, and tatsuya's cold personality at the same time compliments her personality and allows her to vent on him. Basically she is the type who might love him one day and disappear the next, so she doesn't like getting close to people for this reason, but she feels Tatsuya would just move on and not care if it happened.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 13:51   Link #670
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
She felt Tatsuya's manliness with her swordsman eye . She has good instincts .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Miyuki I actually think started to change from the beach fight on, with her being saved kind of being the tipping point.

Mayumi never actually wanted a little brother, that is something she tells her self because she either doesn't understand that she likes Tatsuya in that way, or she does and is just trying to hide it form the others. She probably likes Tatsuya because because she can look at his true value, looking beyond the weed, but seeing a smart talented guy who is pretty decent.

Lina is basically what you said, he was basically there for her, when everyone else including her own government were treating her like a soldier at best, weapon at worst.

Honoka fell for the beauty of his magic if you read the spinoff manga.

Erika is not hard to grasp, she states it point blank in the anime and/or LN. She has a personality where she likes to keep people away and never wants to get close to anyone, and tatsuya's cold personality at the same time compliments her personality and allows her to vent on him. Basically she is the type who might love him one day and disappear the next, so she doesn't like getting close to people for this reason, but she feels Tatsuya would just move on and not care if it happened.
For me in Miyuki case Pierre quit right.

Mayumi... to be honest i dont think she refer tatsuya as a little brother in the very beginning, it just excuse, she already seduce tatsuya with her devil charm in vol 3.... and failed... but she never rest...

Lina ehh, well she like strong man??

Honoka fall in love after see tatsuya magic in first time and i dont know it can be count as love in first sight

and for Erika err i dont know which one the right point... but Erika are the first girl Tatsuya call pretty:
Spoiler for Vol 1 Chp 5:

I think this is the 1st point she start fallen to Tatsuya...too much delusion...
But the spoiler i read from someone doujin are beyond this point,
it says
Spoiler for someone doujin/fanfiction:
and it also mention Erika are Tsundere type and like to playing safe? also someting happen during extra lesson in the weekend right after the end of vol 2 (i still dont understand the last part of vol 2 afterall, the one need to extra lesson is Erika but why Tatsuya also get detained??? and that mean only two need go to school for extra lesson??? miyuki not tag along???but what happen in vol 3 as Mizuki mention before discover Mikihiko spirit really something just happen but what?? ).

Arr i just remember about Vol 14 Spoiler by TrueAlchemist, during Miki misunderstood what Erika trying to say about trip to kyoto with Tatsuya. Normally erika will joke around Tatsuya and tease him but the respond she give are opposite what she normally do and she only feared Miyuki but fine with the others (playing safe!?)

Last edited by ~oNe~; 2014-11-02 at 14:04.
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 03:30   Link #671
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Both Tatsuya (INTJ) and Erika (INFJ) are introverted people.
(Why? Erika can make lots of friends but she is not fond of spending time with them.)

Erika is attracted to his "i am totally not doing something suppicious bro" kind of aura.
Just kidding, Tatsuya provides the solitude that she herself needs.
And he is a gold mine of mysteries that she can spend her time digging up too.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 05:35   Link #672
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Both Tatsuya (INTJ) and Erika (INFJ) are introverted people.
(Why? Erika can make lots of friends but she is not fond of spending time with them.)

Erika is attracted to his "i am totally not doing something suppicious bro" kind of aura.
Just kidding, Tatsuya provides the solitude that she herself needs.
And he is a gold mine of mysteries that she can spend her time digging up too.
Lol I find your example funny but meaningful;!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-11-29, 03:36   Link #673
Blonddude42

Does anyone know the exact phrasing for Tatsuya's loss of strong emotions? I can't recall if it said the only strong emotion left was brotherly love or love for his sister. The first implies that his love for Miyuki will always be that of a sibling. The second implies that the only thing he can love is Miyuki and the love is just currently that of a sibling.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 03:55   Link #674
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
Does anyone know the exact phrasing for Tatsuya's loss of strong emotions? I can't recall if it said the only strong emotion left was brotherly love or love for his sister. The first implies that his love for Miyuki will always be that of a sibling. The second implies that the only thing he can love is Miyuki and the love is just currently that of a sibling.
It is pure brotherly love.

Spoiler for Vol 4:
Old 2014-11-30, 02:14   Link #675
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^so if anything bad happen to his little sister, his wrath will be activated right?
Old 2014-11-30, 02:56   Link #676
Blonddude42

Alright thanks, that answers my question. Although now I question why the author has made a harem around Tatsuya. If he can't love anything or anyone (except for his brotherly love for Miyuki) how could he ever end up with someone? It looks like his situation will stay the same with the only realistic way it could be different is if he and/or Miyuki end(s) up dead.

I can think of two other options (but they seem like fanfiction to me). One would be that his love for Miyuki changes (or was never that of a brother, whatever floats your boat). The other being he develops his strong emotions somehow and gets together with [insert who you ship here] or the stupider version - his strong emotions were always there and he needed [insert shipped person here]'s help to realize it.

Does anyone see it ending differently?
Old 2014-11-30, 03:23   Link #677
Liebe

If Tatsuya's feelings towards Miyuki form into romantic love from brotherly love then wouldn't it mean that he can also form other strong emotions?
Liebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 03:32   Link #678
Blonddude42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
If Tatsuya's feelings towards Miyuki form into romantic love from brotherly love then wouldn't it mean that he can also form other strong emotions?
Maybe? That one is a bit iffy because it is a change of his one strong emotion. It would be open for interpretation and in all honesty there is no evidence to support either side.
Old 2014-11-30, 04:10   Link #679
Echizen777

Quote:
Alright thanks, that answers my question. Although now I question why the author has made a harem around Tatsuya. If he can't love anything or anyone (except for his brotherly love for Miyuki) how could he ever end up with someone? It looks like his situation will stay the same with the only realistic way it could be different is if he and/or Miyuki end(s) up dead.

I can think of two other options (but they seem like fanfiction to me). One would be that his love for Miyuki changes (or was never that of a brother, whatever floats your boat). The other being he develops his strong emotions somehow and gets together with [insert who you ship here] or the stupider version - his strong emotions were always there and he needed [insert shipped person here]'s help to realize it.

For character development. That quote was from volume 4, Tatsuya's attachment to the ones close to him grew over time.

Spoiler for Volume 10:

There are other hints but this one is the most blatant.
Old 2014-11-30, 05:25   Link #680
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

Just like Echizen stated Tatsuya emotional growth is different from vol. 1 to the current vol. I think after the experiment Tatsuya reset his emotion back like a new born baby but remain his brotherly love; When a baby comes to this world the first thing they will love automatically is their parents but in his case his siblings love remain intact meaning its already in high(Just think of it as leveling a character); much more Tatsuya's environment is harsh; his whole family treated him like a trash; how would someone develop love from such environment. Lets make Erika's environment an example; Tatsuya and Erika have the almost the same environment; Tatsuya being raise as a guardian, Erika being raise as a swordsman. Different is Tatsuya already set his Brotherly Love skill on LV. 99; while Erika started @ Lv. 0 but with the help of Nao training with her it grew to Lv. 70 that can she can be considered as bro-con. then after going to HS they both level-up their friendship to higher degree as Erika has it @ Lv. 99 while Tatsuya currently has it about @ Lv. 60-80.

Personally I like the development of REGRETs; Like if you think of someone that is natural to your daily life then suddenly losing him/her makes you think he/she is someone important to you; and you cant function to society without her/him and you were naive to think that status-quo will be forever without making an effort.

PS: I remember that read somewhere that Tatsuya doesnt have memories as a sibling with Miyuki but still have brotherly love for Miyuki. (Suspicious)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Tags
epic awesome badass