AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-02, 08:54   Link #141
murteeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
Yeah, a compassionate, kind and overfriendly saviour-type kind of MC sure is more likable...............................not.

I wanna see you get thrown into an unknown situation and only act for the sake of others.
A self-interested MC is so more realistic in these kind of situations.
Well, its not like i want him to become saint or anything
I suppose i get annoyed becuse i think in old man pov
murteeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 11:20   Link #142
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by murteeh View Post
Well, its not like i want him to become saint or anything
I suppose i get annoyed becuse i think in old man pov
Fuck the old man.
lets you get dragged to an unknown world and be nice to people.
a hoard all the things I can get. use my advanced earth knowledge for personal gain. get some slaves. Bang said slave. terrorizing people. make modern weapons with magical effects.
possibly hijacking a nation. force the Queen and Princess is to be mine. start a new religion and say I'm a god.

these are some ideas I could do.

........... Or go back to my hermit NEET life in a cave in the middle of a dark forest. and cuddle up with my slime waifu
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 11:27   Link #143
cabman11

incidentally my real name is also Arnold so i loled this chapter. Hehehehehe " the great Arnold" I just love the sound of that.
Old 2014-11-02, 11:28   Link #144
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
and cuddle up with my slime waifu
The dream of every man!
Old 2014-11-02, 11:28   Link #145
murteeh

Quote:
Fuck the old man.
lets you get dragged to an unknown world and be nice to people.
a hoard all the things I can get. use my advanced earth knowledge for personal gain. get some slaves. Bang said slave. terrorizing people. make modern weapons with magical effects.
possibly hijacking a nation. force the Queen and Princess is to be mine. start a new religion and say I'm a god.

these are some ideas I could do.

........... Or go back to my hermit NEET life in a cave in the middle of a dark forest. and cuddle up with my slime waifu
The problem is you have no intel on the world right?
one step wrong and you are dead

become hermit with slime waifu is a good idea
murteeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 12:07   Link #146
Hiyono

This isn't even about being a hero or not - he's more douchey than the average person. The only reason he can "make it" is because of magical wonder powers. Take those away and he's just your run-of-the-mill ahole.
Old 2014-11-02, 12:27   Link #147
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
This isn't even about being a hero or not - he's more douchey than the average person. The only reason he can "make it" is because of magical wonder powers. Take those away and he's just your run-of-the-mill ahole.
reminder that he's actually an orphan and has no parents or anyone to guide him. and spent most of his time alone reading books so he's extremely smart too. I assume he would have figured out something with regular magic and make it extremely useful. one example is using wind magic that makes a vacuum space that makes people explode suffocate and burn up.
Old 2014-11-02, 12:32   Link #148
Hiyono

Quote:
reminder that he's actually an orphan and has no parents or anyone to guide him. and spent most of his time alone reading books so he's extremely smart too. I assume he would have figured out something with regular magic and make it extremely useful. one example is using wind magic that makes a vacuum space that makes people explode suffocate and burn up.
Oh, so rough circumstances justify poor behavior. Does that mean if someone was down on their luck and, what the heck, an orphan, you'd be okay with them mugging you and leaving your corpse in a ditch? I mean, it wouldn't be preferred, but it'd be understandable, right?
Old 2014-11-02, 12:38   Link #149
Schion93

Quote:
Oh, so rough circumstances justify poor behavior. Does that mean if someone was down on their luck and, what the heck, an orphan, you'd be okay with them mugging you and leaving your corpse in a ditch? I mean, it wouldn't be preferred, but it'd be understandable, right?
that sounds like the perfect material for the story which from what was told earlier in the thread, will only start getting into the main plot after 100+ chapters so I guess the point now is to see his character develop into being less of an a-hole
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 13:02   Link #150
cabman11

Quote:
He was, is currently, and will always be an asshole. we're just reading the chapters to see how he use his powers his interactions with people and how he becomes less of an asshole. but inherently still a moderate level of asshole when dealing with people. I mean he really doesn't have to do shit for anyone. like it has already been stated hiiro is not a hero.
Old 2014-11-02, 14:19   Link #151
laon
Hantai

Worst part bout the MC's personality for me
Spoiler:

Also this is a story where you can justify being an asshole because you have power, if he was powerless and act that way it'll be a very different story. I guess it's enjoyable for some, not for me. That and the constant POV change.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 15:08   Link #152
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Spoiler:

Also this is a story where you can justify being an asshole because you have power, if he was powerless and act that way it'll be a very different story. I guess it's enjoyable for some, not for me. That and the constant POV change.
you say this no justifiable reason to be in a hole but there is no justifiable reason to be a nice guy either. if the law of the jungle out there. be nice and you get killed. and remember him saying he wants his freedom and doesn't want to be used by people? with pragmatism comes assholeism
Old 2014-11-02, 15:20   Link #153
DarkSilverSky

Those MC that say the troubles are a pain and are actually secretly nice and friendly, yea we all know what happens to them.
I say the guy should be as he is, as long as he doesn't do anything bad without some kinda of reason i will still like him as an MC.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 16:12   Link #154
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Spoiler:

Good for you that you had a sheltered life.
But just because it doesn't suit your taste, doesn't make it "bad".
Just go away if its not your thing.

Some people are apathetic to the world, even if nothing "dramatic" or "bad" has happened to them. MC didn't fit into society and escaped reality by reading books, growing apathetic. Why would that change, only because he was thrown into a different world? He's staying true to himself, and thats a good thing, imo.

I currently have two more chapters translated, and with the latest development, I don't see him as an asshole anymore. Well, I never saw him as one to begin with, but he was treading a fine line. I don't necessarily need to be able to relate to the MC to enjoy a series. A different kind of MC from the mainstream is what gives variety.

Btw, no one seemed to bash on Naofumi for being an apathetic asshole in the earlier chapters. The hatred directed at him was rather baseless too, only explained waaaaay later in the story. I guess you need busty chicks to support the MC after all?

tl;dr: Stop hating
Old 2014-11-02, 16:37   Link #155
Yunyuki
story finder

Quote:

Some people are apathetic to the world, even if nothing "dramatic" or "bad" has happened to them. MC didn't fit into society and escaped reality by reading books, growing apathetic. Why would that change, only because he was thrown into a different world? He's staying true to himself, and thats a good thing, imo.

I currently have two more chapters translated, and with the latest development, I don't see him as an asshole anymore. Well, I never saw him as one to begin with, but he was treading a fine line. I don't necessarily need to be able to relate to the MC to enjoy a series. A different kind of MC from the mainstream is what gives variety.

Btw, no one seemed to bash on Naofumi for being an apathetic asshole in the earlier chapters. The hatred directed at him was rather baseless too, only explained waaaaay later in the story. I guess you need busty chicks to support the MC after all?

there were some who Naofumi bashed at him and they were silenced ka ka ka ka ka
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 17:21   Link #156
cabman11

Quote:

Release the chapters nao
Old 2014-11-02, 17:37   Link #157
iLikePotatoes

Meh I don't really mind the MC, I would actually probably behave the same if I was in his position.

The MC was summoned to another world, without his permission... A world he has no knowledge of, surrounded by people with their own agenda.

Seriously looking at it logically if I was pulled out of the comfort of my world, put into a random world and asked to fight I would tell the people of that world to go a screw themselves.

I don't think anyone in this world is so inherently "good" that they would be like "great of course I'll be the hero that you want me to be, I'll save your world and do everything you ask of me" whilst sporting a grin.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 17:45   Link #158
travelingbum

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for the left out bits of the past:

though I didn't remember seeing that much constant POV change.... well there were bits but the MC was still there.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 18:03   Link #159
senjiro
ecchi sage

Mmmm, so he was summoned wrong, his status say clear inocent bystander... wooo so he has to help the heroes? When the heroes are a cheat themselves? For what they know is almost ask him sacrifice for what? The glory is for heroes, inocent bystander only want go out they way.
He is selfish...? So what? He is not hero, and normal people can be a little selfish, even ashole when you are forcefull summoned withouth chance to return.. to hell with your problems kidnappers,
I very relieved with the last Mc banch(hajime,shieldbro,rudi,rou, etc) shonen heros go to hell.

All the speech whith only few chapters read, *bow down**bow down*
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 18:12   Link #160
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Meh I don't really mind the MC, I would actually probably behave the same if I was in his position.

The MC was summoned to another world, without his permission... A world he has no knowledge of, surrounded by people with their own agenda.

Seriously looking at it logically if I was pulled out of the comfort of my world, put into a random world and asked to fight I would tell the people of that world to go a screw themselves.

I don't think anyone in this world is so inherently "good" that they would be like "great of course I'll be the hero that you want me to be, I'll save your world and do everything you ask of me" whilst sporting a grin.
and it was also obvious that they were lying. they have no way to send them back ( or at least didn't know).

and here's another question why the bloody hell woulg the Demon Lord have the way to go back home? How does the demon lord conveniently have it? why hasn't he used it to summon heroes for her side? and the last final question.

if you were to " defeat" the demon lord how would you get back? where would you get the spell from to go back? does the demon lords body turn into a portal when they're done? and why not use as a trap to get people in your castle? is the demon lord really the bad guy? maybe humans started this war? and what right do we have to condemn a race of people as "monsters" just because they're different?

What if YOU are actually the bad guys in all of this.?
I would become more of a demon not a hero? Thats if i dont die on the way there.

Your so called the righteous quest pffft.

THESE ARE THE FUCKING QUESTIONS I WANT ANSWERED BEFOR I DO SHIT FOR ANYONE.

Yall niggas cqn go fuck yourself. I'm OUT
*slams door *

King: well looks like another failure. .......let some of the next batch. We can do this all day.
knight; " yes sire"
King; " oh, and i want that little shithead assassinated.

Last edited by cabman11; 2014-11-02 at 18:24.

Tags
antihero, book lover, cooking, food lover, harem, hero rented, loli, transfer to another world, webnovel