AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-11-05, 11:30   Link #1241
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Seriously?! I tried to access downloadable content for the English-subtitled Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment game I had imported and it didn't work. I've been meaning to try it again, though. It was probably my Internet connection that was the problem.

Speaking of MangaGamer, it's weird how I haven't seen any news about their Higurashi project lately.
From what I can deduce from Twitter, the reason why we haven't heard anything for some while is because Doddler has been working on Cartagra, instead of Higurashi. His tweets from yesterday seem to indicate now that Cartagra has been released he is switching back to working on Higurashi.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 12:41   Link #1242
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I keep hearing a ton about Daybreak- is it really that good? Even for someone like me, who dies t really play fighting games?
PC version is better than PSP one!
It's not like other most of fighting games where you have to smash keyboard to perform skill This one's easy to play~☆
But playing alone is not fun at all... ( ’ ・ω・) I had a group of friends to play together, for 4 years.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 12:45   Link #1243
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
PC version is better than PSP one!
It's not like other most of fighting games where you have to smash keyboard to perform skill This one's easy to play~☆
But playing alone is not fun at all... ( ’ ・ω・) I had a group of friends to play together, for 4 years.
Do you think somebody who do doesn't speak Japanese can play it and still have fun?
Old 2014-11-05, 13:43   Link #1244
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
I can't speak or read a lick of Japanese and I still enjoy it.
Alright! I'm not too great at fighting games, so I was worried I wouldn't catch onto the gameplay.
Old 2014-11-05, 13:50   Link #1245
GrAVit

Quote:
Alright! I'm not too great at fighting games, so I was worried I wouldn't catch onto the gameplay.
I hardly knew any Japanese at all when I started playing the PSP Mega Edition.
However, it motivated me to learn Katakana and Hiragana.
The game's still tons of fun, though!
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 13:51   Link #1246
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Kanas are super simple guys, you need like two weeks. That's how long it took me. And since nearly all Manga have Furigana, you will be able to read them with zero problems.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 13:56   Link #1247
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Kanas are super simple guys, you need like two weeks. That's how long it took me. And since nearly all Manga have Furigana, you will be able to read them with zero problems.
Really? Oh, thank goodness! I'm taking Japanese next year, and, while I've been excited, I've also been nervous, what with the three alphabets and all. However, I'm still afraid of Kanji- I've heard it's nightmarish.
Old 2014-11-05, 14:00   Link #1248
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Really? Oh, thank goodness! I'm taking Japanese next year, and, while I've been excited, I've also been nervous, what with the three alphabets and all. However, I'm still afraid of Kanji- I've heard it's nightmarish.
When you start Kanji, it's pretty easy and kinda cool. You get like, characters for wind, fire, water, earth, the sun and such. But after you hit your 100th mark, then it turns to hell.

But it's not impossible really, you just need to have a lot of patience. Which I lack, unfortunately, I almost gave up many times.

PS : Good luck with the genius, in the Umineko forum
Old 2014-11-05, 14:15   Link #1249
st_nick5

Quote:
Took me a day to memorise them using one of these free repetition trainers online. Also for Kanji, I learn them in words, rather than just learning individual kanji and their different meanings. Anki is pretty good for learning vocab.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 14:37   Link #1250
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

A day? wow, that's amazing

I've heard of anki but I never figured out how it worked...xD
Old 2014-11-05, 16:48   Link #1251
st_nick5

Quote:
A day? wow, that's amazing

I've heard of anki but I never figured out how it worked...xD
Well, a day to learn how to recognise them. Took me a couple of weeks to learn to write them from memory. I don't even need to think about it now.

http://www.chipchat.com/nihongo/prot...ganadrill.html

That's what I used. Each set of characters are split into columns. 'A', 'Ka', 'Ta', etc. You can deselect columns so you only run through a certain number of characters at a time.
Old 2014-11-05, 21:56   Link #1252
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
I didn't even know it existed. Someone told me "lol great anime lots of gore with loli its awesome wait ill show ya the video when the blue gril kills herself its as good as Elfen lied dude" and then I began to watch it.
Anyway, didn't know any VNs at this time, the manga would have been the best option to begin it.
Yeah, I was one of those many people first drawn to Higurashi through the anime because of it's edgy darkness, completely missing it's emotional core. I just found the anime "OK." Then I went on to read the Umineko VN, which totally entranced me. After Umineko, I read the Higurashi VN from the start, appreciating it in a new light, and finally finishing the series. I still haven't seen the Kai anime yet, though I probably should some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
...although they messed up on facial expressions alot, Shion and ladder shaking scene anyone.
I think the classic "crazy faces" might be due to Ryukishi07. All of his manga adaptions, no matter the artist, feature them, even above and beyond other horror manga. I can totally picture Ryukishi07 standing over the artist's shoulder saying, "Hmm, it's good...but it needs more crazy faces," ha.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 03:59   Link #1253
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
For me, I was first drawn into the anime as well from a friend's recommendation. I loved the story even though it was more gore than anything. I spoiled myself on who Hanyuu was before the second season started. Was really disappointed at first, this scary person was actually a cutie.

Once Higurashi Kai finished airing, I went onto Umineko as my first visual novel. It was after that that I then tracked down the Sonozaki Sister's Onikakushi-hen patch and was completely blown away by how much the anime really cut things out.

When Mangagamer first announced their Higurashi release, I was so ecstatic and was sad to finish it when the last arc was released. I bought their hardcopies of both Higurashi and Kai at their booth during Fanimecon 2013 (as well as the out-of-print Ever17, but that's another story).

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 04:33   Link #1254
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

List of 19 arcs of Higurashi Sui

収録シナリオ[1]
●鬼隠し編 (Onikakushi-hen)
●綿流し編 (Watanagashi-hen)
●祟殺し編 (Tatarigoroshi-hen)
●染伝し編 (Someutsushi-hen)
●盥回し編 (Taraimawashi-hen)
●憑落し編 (Tsukiotoshi-hen)

収録シナリオ[2]
●暇潰し編 (Himatsubushi-hen)
●目明し編 (Meakashi-hen)
●異本・昼壊し編 (Hirukowashi-hen, alt. version)
●影紡し編 (Kagebōshi-hen)

収録シナリオ[3]
●罪滅し編 (Tsumihoroboshi-hen)
●皆殺し編 (Minagoroshi-hen)
●宵越し編 (Yoigoshi-hen)
●解々し編 (Tokihogushi-hen)

収録シナリオ[4]
●祭囃し編 (Matsuribayashi-hen)
●澪尽し編・表 (Miotsukushi-hen, front)
●澪尽し編・裏 (Miotsukushi-hen, back)
●賽殺し編 (Saikoroshi-hen)
●言祝し編 (Kotohogushi-hen)

Miotsukushi-hen has two episodes?
Hajisarashi-hen becomes the bonus arc when you clear all above.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2014-11-06, 04:46   Link #1255
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Holy crap, that's seriously a lot of content. All of DS stuff, Hanyuu's past arc and everything... in 1080p....

Holy shit... x.x
Old 2014-11-06, 05:09   Link #1256
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
2015 can't come soon enough.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 07:09   Link #1257
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Miotsukushi-hen has two episodes?
Hajisarashi-hen becomes the bonus arc when you clear all above.

As expected, that's the reason why the characters will have swimsuit sprites. So actually not only the girls should get one when I think about it, wonder if they will add Akasaka in it and make the story longer like for the magatana arc.
As for Miotsukushi, yes, that "back" part is with Tomoe and the conclusion of her part.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 10:19   Link #1258
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It's kinda funny how much you care about that rather than the fact that we are getting this amazing port...
Old 2014-11-06, 10:53   Link #1259
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Just curious. They're new sprites, after all. Just so you know, I'm nowhere near as worried about this as MangaGamer's sprite. I'm still fighting that one, though.
I agree.
Look at the new main image, it's not like rato's style...

Old 2014-11-06, 15:14   Link #1260
st_nick5

Really hyped for this, definitely gonna be preordering it. Do we know if the voices will be re-recorded, or will they just be pulled from the PS2/DS games?