AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-05, 20:11   Link #1281
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasur05 View Post
hey translator, what did you guys translate yaou yousef as-?

and heheheh ainz gets an awesome 'pet' from the forest XD

finally i feel like one of the guys, cause i 'see the future of overlord', still cant wait for translations though lol
What novel is that? Can't find it sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakie08 View Post
I think people are still on a search for an uploaded vol 3. There's a link for raws on the OP. If someone found one and posted here it would probably be put on the OP as well. You should check there for updates ^^
We have been searching for it for a while now as well... still waiting for someone to scan it.
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 20:30   Link #1282
Mudman

I think yaou yousef might be a name for one of the characters that one of the translator programs throws at you, like when google translate gave me "young childbedford" for Albedo.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 20:53   Link #1283
nakie08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
I think yaou yousef might be a name for one of the characters that one of the translator programs throws at you, like when google translate gave me "young childbedford" for Albedo.
This reminds me. I don't know if this has been mentioned before but is "Albedo" her official name? I remember I was weirded out by the name at first. We commonly have spanish names here and so a name ending in "o" usually sounds masculine to me. And I haven't read any character named Albedo before either.
nakie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 21:01   Link #1284
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakie08 View Post
This reminds me. I don't know if this has been mentioned before but is "Albedo" her official name? I remember I was weirded out by the name at first. We commonly have spanish names here and so a name ending in "o" usually sounds masculine to me. And I haven't read any character named Albedo before either.
Albedo is her official name. You can find it on the official charactersheet.
Old 2014-11-05, 22:10   Link #1285
Mudman

Also for any of the names of the guardians, you can check out the link for the audio drama version of chapter 1 that someone posted on one of the first few pages. It starts out with the scene of the floor guardians greeting Momonga during their first gathering, so they all introduce themselves pretty much in order, except for the few that aren't present.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 00:24   Link #1286
Sarka

So when will Albedo's sisters show up? Are they relevant characters?
Sarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 00:28   Link #1287
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarka View Post
So when will Albedo's sisters show up? Are they relevant characters?
They haven't show up yet. I think the author will probably introduce them in a future ark.
Old 2014-11-06, 03:50   Link #1288
VooXoo

Maybe I remembered the sister name wrong and mixed it up with Wendigo, they sounds slightly similar.
The PK guild made setting of a jailed angel/saint used how guardian of a floor, it got crazy and attacks everything in it and probably have a curse ability who activates on its death, then there is no need to make it very strong(is a trap), probably is a strong defuff or is a death spell.
You said the of Albedo sisters is Ainz personal guardian, you mean is not a floor guardian like the others but more a bodyguard? That would mean every member of the guild had one or something who covered that role, is pretty strange our paranoid Momonga decided to go around with Albedo instead of his own protector...it could be because is less humanoid than Albedo or Ainz had more trust in someone in love with him, Albedo have even a strong defensive skill, probably that is why.
And for Gargantia, I just made some theories about it, I have zero info on it, my other theory was it simply couldn't leave the floor for its own size, with no portal ring is probably stuck(and traditional golem don't need a will of their own).
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 04:51   Link #1289
Namorax

Wendigo was the name we ended up with during our first translations, we only learned later that the official name was Victim (iirc). Well, doesnt matter anyway.

As for Niguredo, as far as I know she's just an area guardian on Cocytus floor (the glacier) and proficient in information/scouting/divination magic. Apart from her only pecularity (a procedure you apparently have to endure if you want to talk to her^^) she's just a normal area guardian. Well, as normal as somene created by Smaragdina can be....
He used a very specific setting when he created Niguredo and I can imagine that this would be the reason the others don't really like to interact with her. In any case I really doubt she's a bodyguard. Or rather that there are any bodyguards at all:
If you think about it, NPC levels were limited in Nazarick. There was no way to make bodyguards for every guildmember. If they did, their levels would be too low to actually be effective as a bodyguard, they would turn into weak, throw-away meatshields and for something like that you can use the common servants of Nazarick and instead use the remaining NPC-Levels to create something stronger.

Victim was the guardian of the 8th floor, the last floor the failed player invasion managed to reach. The way that part was decribed makes me believe that there were enough players left to (theoretically) push onwards to the next floor, but apparently Victim was too strong and stopped the invasion on that floor.
It said that people believed Nazarick only had 8 floors instead of 10. The only reason they would talk like that would be that they believed they encountered the ultimate "boss" of the dungeon and that there could nothing else as strong (or stronger) as Victim.
Because of these reasons, I believe that victim is a lot stronger then it was described so far.
Of course this is all theory since Victim didn't really make an appearance until now, apart from being mentioned by name once or twice.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 10:45   Link #1290
nasur05

the link to volume 4 doesnt work for me can someone help or give anew link? (although i will be skipping the whole of vol 3 cause cant find it)

i cant actually read japenese

the way namarox mentioned victim may mean that his power is not a special ability but rather direct power, who knows? if it was some special ability then everybody would have learned the trick behind it and simply 'cheat the ability' so to speak. but i am still wondering who did ainz call him his 'ally' or was it victim at all?

Last edited by nasur05; 2014-11-06 at 11:02.
nasur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:23   Link #1291
Namorax

Think about it this way:
Victim dies to activate his special ability.
Then he's dead.
And along comes the Necromancer who reanimates the dead...

(Not quite sure what you mean by "cheat the ability")
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:39   Link #1292
Altrelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasur05 View Post
the link to volume 4 doesnt work for me can someone help or give anew link? (although i will be skipping the whole of vol 3 cause cant find it)

i cant actually read japenese

the way namarox mentioned victim may mean that his power is not a special ability but rather direct power, who knows? if it was some special ability then everybody would have learned the trick behind it and simply 'cheat the ability' so to speak. but i am still wondering who did ainz call him his 'ally' or was it victim at all?
Remember that the lowest the players got was the 8th floor, they couldn't send scouts to actually find out the particulars of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Think about it this way:
Victim dies to activate his special ability.
Then he's dead.
And along comes the Necromancer who reanimates the dead...

(Not quite sure what you mean by "cheat the ability")
I believe he means that by knowing the mechanics behind the ability, you can negate or 'cheat' it. For example, having a boss who calls an inferno on the whole room for 30 seconds. To remedy this we count down so that everyone stays near the boss and mass heal through it. If you do not group up, then sending single heals would result in people dying. Or having a boss that insta-kill one player every minute and having the tank move every minute so the aggro doesn't reset.
Altrelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:51   Link #1293
nasur05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrelo View Post
Remember that the lowest the players got was the 8th floor, they couldn't send scouts to actually find out the particulars of it.

I believe he means that by knowing the mechanics behind the ability, you can negate or 'cheat' it. For example, having a boss who calls an inferno on the whole room for 30 seconds. To remedy this we count down so that everyone stays near the boss and mass heal through it. If you do not group up, then sending single heals would result in people dying. Or having a boss that insta-kill one player every minute and having the tank move every minute so the aggro doesn't reset.
yup yup exactly, if they did it enough times they would have gotten it after a while. the first or second time the ability will get them (unless it's a universal ability like (all damage taken will be returned to the dealer 10X) or something like that) they should have gotten it. but i understand its not like up to the 8 level was a breeze either!.

and i beg someone to give me a link to the raws, no not those at the first page after vol 2 they dont work for me

edit: and doesnt anyone else thing his name is not totally concidental? ''victim'' its usually his enemies who end up as victims though XD and there must be a reason he cant leave his post at the 8 floor
nasur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 17:56   Link #1294
Chance

Would any of you play an MMORPG based on the world of Overlord with the same job tree system?
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 18:02   Link #1295
Danilas

Yes, a thousand times yes.
Danilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 18:26   Link #1296
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Would any of you play an MMORPG based on the world of Overlord with the same job tree system?
only if i can play the monster character like the Ygg game.
Old 2014-11-07, 18:52   Link #1297
techblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
only if i can play the monster character like the Ygg game.
Yea being able to choose the evil enemy side sounds awesome. Legal PK!!
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 19:01   Link #1298
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
Yea being able to choose the evil enemy side sounds awesome. Legal PK!!
Playing a VRMMO as a non-humanoid would be weird though, since you would have to get used to having a different body structure/number of limbs.

Especially playing as a slime-based creature.

Isn't that the same as the Horde vs Alliance system in WOW?
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 19:15   Link #1299
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Playing a VRMMO as a non-humanoid would be weird though, since you would have to get used to having a different body structure/number of limbs.

Especially playing as a slime-based creature.

Isn't that the same as the Horde vs Alliance system in WOW?
weird or not, there will be plenty of ppl wanting to try playing a tentacle monster.
Old 2014-11-07, 19:20   Link #1300
VooXoo

I would play a game like that in a eyebeat, it seems just so cool, total customization...what a dream...

I think the Japanese server would be half trap and half tentacle rape monsters, no racism, is just their fetish.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination