Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2014-11-07, 12:21   Link #41
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
They revealed the new drawings. Alice 2.0 looks the same

Their new song "Clear Sky" was leaked on YT but it got taken down instantly. Fuck this shit.
Do we at least know what her name is?

Just listened to the song. Its okay I guess.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:48   Link #42
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The new member of ClariS is named Karen. I think... it's just what I've been reading. Does that make them "Claren" or something. I hope not, but the charm behind ClariS was that it combined both Clara + Alice. But Clara and Karen sound like an imbalanced equation.
Old 2014-11-07, 20:49   Link #43
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Clara cheated on Alice with Karen? :O

Their story is no longer one that came out of fairy tale... Now it just smelled like entertainment industry business
Old 2014-11-08, 04:50   Link #44
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2LQbQF5p1A

She sounds EXACTLY like alice. What is this blasphemy?
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 05:18   Link #45
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
She sounds EXACTLY like alice. What is this blasphemy?
I wouldn't say Karen sound exactly Alice, but she is certainly capable of singing in a similar range and feel to what Alice did, especially during parts with Clara singing as well.

But I could feel the difference mostly during few parts where Karen was solo for some lyrics.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 08:38   Link #46
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

In a bit of interesting news I've discovered. I've read that ClariS will be making a live. I repeat: Live appearance on January 25, 2015 at Nippon Budokan, Central Tokyo . Other musics starts like Kalafina, Zaq, Fripside, and Suzuko Mimori (the voice behind my lovely Umi Sonoda-sama) will also make an attendance, as well.

As in live I don't know if they'll do the silhouette act when Clara and Alice were promoting their second album - Second Story. Or that they'll actually make a real live appearance.

I'm having mixed feelings about this news. I've talked it over with a few people on here, and this seems so sudden considering that Alice's departure is still fresh in the fans minds. It's great that they're promoting themselves more, but I personally think their "secretive" style which made the group sell is still the way to go. As it still keeps the "mystery" aspect of their music identities and wanting to still keep the fans guessing on who they are.

But regardless. Despite the mixed feeling, I'll always be their biggest fan and I'll support whatever decision they make. I'll still behind them no matter what. Alice...I'll always miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Clara cheated on Alice with Karen? :O

Their story is no longer one that came out of fairy tale... Now it just smelled like entertainment industry business
I know the feeling, but from my standpoint it seems to me that Karen is making the effort to differentiate herself from Alice. You're aware that Karen is now the "Twinkling Star" while Alice was the "Shining Moon". At least they kept the fairy tale motifs that symbolizes the group and their individuality. Also I think the color green (which Karen represents) really suits her, and it looks cool and cute imo.
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2LQbQF5p1A
She sounds EXACTLY like Alice. What is this blasphemy?
Well I personally think we should give Karen the benefit of the doubt. I mean, THIS IS the only single with the new girl. I'm sure if given time we'll see a small or wide gap between Karen and Alice when it comes to group dynamic. I listened to the song and the chemistry and the sounds still feel and sound like ClariS. Granted Karen does sound a bit like Alice, but there were parts where her individuality sort of sets her apart from that.
Old 2014-11-08, 09:34   Link #47
HasuMasu
*Artist

I didn't at all hear Alice in that. Karen sounds really different. As expected of ClariS, though, I liked the song.
Old 2014-11-08, 23:35   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I imagine "Clear Sky" to be accompanied by Clara and Karen starting anew after Alice's graduation, including first greetings, singing on recording booths and practicing their dance steps, as well as hanging out together in the wintery Tokyo metropolis. Then at the end, after Clara contacts Alice for the first time, Clara and Karen disappear into the lights of their next performance.

The song is arranged like ClariS' first hits and it carries the same "easy listening" tone as "Connect" and "Don't Cry".

The latter, however, now feels like Alice's graduation song, especially with those lyrics about mustering a happy goodbye.

Baby, don't cry anymore...
This isn't goodbye.
After all, we are best friends,
so I believe that we'll meet again someday.
So I'm not crying anymore,
and I won't say that I'm lonely.
After all, we are best friends,
so no matter where we are, our hearts will always be as one.

Baby, I'll always be by your side,
no matter how far apart we are from each other.
Baby, stay by my side forever.
"We are one". It will never change.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 06:15   Link #49
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post

I know the feeling, but from my standpoint it seems to me that Karen is making the effort to differentiate herself from Alice. You're aware that Karen is now the "Twinkling Star" while Alice was the "Shining Moon".
I'm confused, I'm looking at their "pictures" and I see Clara with the crescent moon motif.

Alice's motif seems like the sun.

What gives?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 19:58   Link #50
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm confused, I'm looking at their "pictures" and I see Clara with the crescent moon motif.

Alice's motif seems like the sun.

What gives?
Right. That was my fault. And I call myself ClariS biggest fan for that miscalculation. Alice is the "bright shining sun" and Karen is the "twinkling star"

I now corrected myself. I feel so embarrassed and ashamed right now it's not even funny.

On another note: How could anyone miss this news. I knew about it before hand, but I'm not here to brat. I'm here to spread the news whether you guys missed it or didn't bother caring. None the less...

Ahem:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-member/.80830