AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 11:38   Link #1421
Direwolf18

I personally would be suprised if ORC gained any members who were not fully clued in. Not saying they have to be Devils but they would know what's going on.

On a side no what on earth do they do for club activities beyond Devils work / saving the world kinda stuff? I mean sure they do a fair bit of occult research but that's usualt the hands on fighting said occult activity not you know... Searching the interwebs visiting haunted locations for fun.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:30   Link #1422
Tbolt

The only thing they have done in the book as the ORC is the schools sports day and the haunted house.
Old 2014-11-06, 23:53   Link #1423
jopjopjop

@Direwolf The other purpose of the ORC was explained in the SS Oppai of Tennis.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 09:33   Link #1424
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Uh, I forgot. What was the short version of the explanation for the ORC activities as far as the public knows?
Old 2014-11-07, 09:34   Link #1425
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Uh, I forgot. What was the short version of the explanation for the ORC activities as far as the public knows?
Public? ORC is just a normal school club. Why would they want the public to know anything unusual about them.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:23   Link #1426
GrrDraxin

I mean the details of the cover story. Like what Ise or the others would tell a normal person what they do there. That info.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:49   Link #1427
Direwolf18

Yea it all goes back to my point that this not a club for mortals that aren't clued in.

I thought the cover story would've along the lines of we investigate ghost stories, and Bigfoot and stuff. Or something.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:53   Link #1428
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I mean the details of the cover story. Like what Ise or the others would tell a normal person what they do there. That info.
They do research about the occult.

Quote:
Eh? Didn’t you just hand that in before?”

I said that. The reason why Buchou was away is because she went to hand in the club activity report to Sona-kaichou. Buchou says it while making a sigh.

“What I submitted just now is the report for the actual club activity based on ‘The relation between UFO and devils’.
Old 2014-11-07, 11:43   Link #1429
GrrDraxin

Ah. more like ‘The relation between UFOs and fallen angels’. Namely a certain teacher who gets his jollies being a technological troublemaker.
Old 2014-11-07, 15:58   Link #1430
G147

To further add to Jop's quoted statement,

Quote:
“What I submitted just now is the report for the actual club activity based on ‘The relation between UFO and devils’. The problem is the report based on our activity as devils. So many things happened lately that I forgot all about it. Unlike last year, the due date for it is earlier this year.”
“The devil club activity report…..you say.”
I tilted my head at words I heard for the first time. Kiba then explains it to me.
“Buchou who is a pure-devil is actually required to attend the school in the Underworld for High-class devils. She’s studying in Japan as a special privilege student. If she doesn’t attain the units for the devil school at Kuou Academy, then she will be forced to return to the Underworld.”
So the ORC does function like a normal human club, how do you think they camouflage themselves? If there's anything the ORC is meant to function for a Devil purpose, it's mainly because Rias needed it in order to stay in Japan, aside from that the normal Devil activities can be done anywhere.

In short the ORC functions as a means for Rias to remain in the Human world which Rias uses to do her Devil jobs, but at the same time it also does normal human club activities like research on Occult.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 01:30   Link #1431
GrrDraxin

I wonder if there is a similar club in the collage she's going to attend, or perhaps she'll have to make one herself again, or usurp the leadership of a normal existing one eventually to make way for the rest of the peerage when they follow their own graduations.
Old 2014-11-08, 03:21   Link #1432
assmdxd

Tiamat (the last active dragon king)
and
Gabriel ( the Most Beautiful Woman in Heaven and King of Hearts )
Somehow I want to those two in his harim
And more I wich we could see Elf ....With dark skin ...

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 05:09   Link #1433
G147

Personally i don't think we should have Gabriel and Tiamat in Issei's harem. Almost all the girls in Issei's harem are those that have important roles in the story, Rias, Asia, Akeno, etc. If Grabiel and Tiamat officially joins the harem, i think Rias and the other will be sidelined completely.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:47   Link #1434
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Personally i don't think we should have Gabriel and Tiamat in Issei's harem. Almost all the girls in Issei's harem are those that have important roles in the story, Rias, Asia, Akeno, etc. If Grabiel and Tiamat officially joins the harem, i think Rias and the other will be sidelined completely.
Tiamat hates Ddraig's guts as well, and Gabriel is a bit too old to really be a good match for Issei, none of his haremettes aside from Rossweisse are older than 18(assuming that is actually how old Rias is?) and even Rossweisse is only in her early twenties at the oldest.

Gabriel is one of the four primary archangels, as old as heaven itself.
It would be more likely for Serafall to join his harem than Gabriel.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 11:37   Link #1435
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Tiamat hates Ddraig's guts as well, and Gabriel is a bit too old to really be a good match for Issei, none of his haremettes aside from Rossweisse are older than 18(assuming that is actually how old Rias is?) and even Rossweisse is only in her early twenties at the oldest.

Gabriel is one of the four primary archangels, as old as heaven itself.
It would be more likely for Serafall to join his harem than Gabriel.
Rossweisse's age is 17-18 according to Ishi.

And regarding Rias' age, I don't think she is older than what she looks like. Why?
  • Akeno, a human/FA hybrid but a human nonetheless, grew alongside her. Meaning, there's no difference with their growth rate.
  • Devils can only use the transformation magic that they use to make them look younger when they mature, and Rias is definitely not a mature devil yet.
  • It is very possible that there's a huge age gap (hundreds of years) between Sirzechs and Rias because of the extremely low birth rate of the Devils.
Old 2014-11-10, 11:53   Link #1436
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Rossweisse's age is 17-18 according to Ishi.

And regarding Rias' age, I don't think she is older than what she looks like. Why?
  • Akeno, a human/FA hybrid but a human nonetheless, grew alongside her. Meaning, there's no difference with their growth rate.
  • Devils can only use the transformation magic that they use to make them look younger when they mature, and Rias is definitely not a mature devil yet.
  • It is very possible that there's a huge age gap (hundreds of years) between Sirzechs and Rias because of the extremely low birth rate of the Devils.
I thought Rossweisse was at least 19-20, since she was made a teacher instead of a transfer student, and she drinks alcohol, and Japanese media seems to avoid having minors portrayed drinking alcohol, and 20 is the legal drinking age.
Issei always says Rossweisse is "not much older" than the rest of them, and since he himself is 17, you can see why I thought she was older that 17 or 18.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:10   Link #1437
jopjopjop

Rose chose to be a teacher since she has already finished her studies abroad.

With the drinking matter, maybe because she's a foreigner? (a person from the part of the world where Norse myth is for that matter) That's why to her and for the readers, drinking at that age isn't a problem. And also, she was teased by Azazel and that just made her do reckless things, not considering of the consequences.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:16   Link #1438
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Rose chose to be a teacher since she has already finished her studies abroad.

With the drinking matter, maybe because she's a foreigner, a person from the part of the world where Norse myth is for that matter? That's why to her, drinking at that age isn't a problem. And also, she was teased by Azazel and that just made her do reckless things, not considering of the consequences.
I wasn't talking about whether or not Rossweisse is used to drinking, but characters under 20 will usually not drink alcohol, even if offered, it seems to be a convention.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:20   Link #1439
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
I wasn't talking about whether or not Rossweisse is used to drinking, but characters under 20 will usually not drink alcohol, even if offered, it seems to be a convention.
Drinking in his / her own volition when underage isn't taken good since the character is underage. But drinking alcohol because of the result of some teasing isn't something new. That kind of event was used and is still being used over and over again.

Clearly Rose' actions belong to the latter.
Old 2014-11-10, 18:30   Link #1440
lalovalenz666

of the remaining ladies not already in issei's harem, this is how i (my opinion of course) would categorize them:

girls i am certain will be in issei's harem:
kuroka
la fey

girls that have a decent shot but have a ways to go
kiyome
yura
kunou (hopefully not anytime soon, if she is as young as we all think she is, having an elementary school aged girl entering the harem of a guy in his last year in highschool would be downright creepy)

wishfull thinking:
gabriel: if ross entering the picture shook the harem up quite a bit, imagine what this would do.
tiamat: for some reason i picture this scenario taking up a LOT of time/volumes
jeanne: a future knight for issei's peerage?
reya (my out of nowhere pick): here's why...........
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/...ic_Infobox.png
lalovalenz666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance, true harem