Notices

Old 2014-11-23, 22:03   Link #1481
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What the there killing off everyone 4 more characters 3 more epiodes

Wow Esdeath just so awesome
Old 2014-11-23, 22:05   Link #1482
HandofFate

when everyone was going on about how great Esdeath was, I remember a bunch saying "nah she's pure evil, you see"

She's still pretty great and pure.
Old 2014-11-23, 22:15   Link #1483
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
when everyone was going on about how great Esdeath was, I remember a bunch saying "nah she's pure evil, you see"

She's still pretty great and pure.
Pure what? Pure evil? She's a powerful character, but that doesn't make her any less of a person who needs to die before the series is over. An extremely powerful warmonger kind of needs to be taken out for that country to move forward.

Props to having a sense of warrior respect. But that only gets you so far.
Old 2014-11-23, 22:17   Link #1484
Tormenk

Developments this ep was as expected so no surprises. Next ep though, Akame and Kurome sharing pocky before their fight. Ga-Rei references?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 01:00   Link #1485
desrtsku
Nympholept

Booze is my only friend, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Mine died? Well, I guess this anime is dropped for me.
What an ironic coincidence. I dropped the manga because I couldn't stand the sight of the ridiculous amount of deathflags she had in there.
Old 2014-11-24, 01:36   Link #1486
hamazura
whatever

i can freeze time huehue ZA WARUDO.
Old 2014-11-24, 02:42   Link #1487
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Okay...I am just going to STOP liking any (female) Night Raid members now because it seems like all the ones I found myself liking more KEEP DYING!!!!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 03:48   Link #1488
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Okay...I am just going to STOP liking any (female) Night Raid members now because it seems like all the ones I found myself liking more KEEP DYING!!!!
Welcome to the club.

It happened with Shele, then Bulat, then Chelsea, and then...

You get the idea.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 06:21   Link #1489
DMurphy

This episode really hammered in for me that, in some ways, Akame ga Kill is actually pretty great for its treatment of women. Not in every way by a long shot, but in some.

I mean, we have six important female characters with distinct personalities and goals (and in the series entire have had nine, roughly equivalent with the number of important male characters in the series entire) whose lives don't revolve around men at all (even Esdeath, who has a major character thing of being in love with Tatsumi, has other, more important stuff on). Both main groups are led by powerful women.

Also, out of the four big 'rivalries' we have in the series, three of them are between two women, and men don't factor into the reasons for those rivalries at all.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 07:11   Link #1490
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Guys, I can't find the release date of the OST...
Does anyone know it, or are the tracks aincluded in one of the upcoming DVD ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 07:57   Link #1491
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Sorry.. I can't find it either.

On another topic, now that I've properly watched the fansub after watching the raw early morning ago, I do have some impression on this episode:

The Good:
  • Unlike the episode where Lubbock died, it doesn't feel rushed this time. They allocated just enough time for each important part of the plot to sink in first before moving on to the next plot point. That in itself makes this ep relatively more enjoyable to watch. I applaud this episode for that.
  • The bit with Kurome "doesn't have much time left" (aka. dying) is a nice touch considering that they want to end her character in the next episode or so. So the build up to that is a nice addition.
  • Mein's death feels genuine here, unlike Lubbock in previous ep that felt more like an afterthought.
  • I like that they move Susanoo's fight in Tatsumi's execution because the stake and the mission (saving Tatsumi's life) feels more fit for Suu's role as a bodygurad-teigu and he himself practically said that he holds all Night Raid members dear. So, his mission to save Tatsumi from execution and then his sacrifice to let all NR Members escape from Esdeath just feels stronger to me than the mission to assasinate Borick the perv-douche religious figurehead. I'm well aware that your mileage may vary on this so there's no need to engage me in an unnecessarily long drawn-out debate thus wasting time and thread-space like certain members did back then.
The Bad:
  • A near-asspull bit involving outta-nowhere bombs planted in the stadium. Well yes, the existence of the bombs itself is explained by Najenda as Lubbock's doing in preparation of....something else. But at least they could foreshadow it or clearly stated it via Lubbock (in previous ep or flashback) that he prepared some bombs in various places for the infiltration, not revealing it a second after you use the bomb. If they did that, the asspull-vibe won't be as obvious as we had in this episode.
The So-So:
  • The Music, animation and the overall direction and execution of the episode is not bad really. Still, it could've been better like when White Fox did in their best episodes of AgK.

All in all, this anime-original episode is still a mixed-bag but leans heavily on the good side which is a notable improvement compared to the last episode. I hope it will improve even more.
Old 2014-11-24, 13:22   Link #1492
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

my prediction ( and hope ) for ending:
- tatsumi, run and wave will survive
- najenda, leone, king and PM will die
- anime will have an open ending with the arrival of revolution army, and a decisive battle versus esdeath and her army as an epilogue

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 14:28   Link #1493
Domonkazu

ah Mein is dead, I think she will die too in manga.

I stopped to care who is going to die since they killed Chelsea.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 15:49   Link #1494
Rogue66

Just catchup with the last two episode and I don't know how to feel about it it anime original stuff with some inspired by the event in the manga because it wasn't that bad but still am properly going to make my final judgement when the last episode is shown. Mein's death is quiet well done and sad.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 17:40   Link #1495
RDNexus

After a couple weeks busy with other stuff, I finally ended up reading the whole Wild Hunt arc and the recent chapters.

Honestly, thank goodness the staff bypassed that group in the Anime, they were the kind of characters I believe hating the most so far, in this series.

Run's backstory, Run & Budou's intent to reform the Empire from the inside and Wave kicking Shura's ass big time were sad removals but Lubbock's death in the Anime was more appealing, he even had a freaking combat against Shura while in the Manga they ended up being pathetic and died miserably. At least Run is still alive in the Anime but I'm sure it won't be for long.

Reading the Manga, I'm not too hopeful of Mine getting out of it alive, pretty much the same death flags as in the Anime. But in the Manga, her possible death may be more meaningful since she and Tatsumi were way closer than in the Anime.

And damn, didn't Tatsumi look badass with all those fierce glares to Esdeath.

And for now, I think that's all I had to comment about it. Let us see how both Anime & Manga will proceed.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 18:25   Link #1496
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
What the there killing off everyone 4 more characters 3 more epiodes

Wow Esdeath just so awesome
Well
Spoiler for Source Material comparison - Deaths:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 21:46   Link #1497
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I wouldn't be surprised if Mine dies in the manga (haven't read it myself though). I remember, with Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~, many of us didn't (want to) believe that Uzume would get knocked out in the manga when she did in the anime...several chapters later...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 21:49   Link #1498
GDB

Quote:
You'd probably be fine if you liked Akame. She's the titular character, after all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 01:50   Link #1499
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... if liking Tatsumi too much and being liked by Justice are both death flags, how is Esdeath still around? Did they cancel each other or something?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 02:07   Link #1500
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Mine dies in the manga (haven't read it myself though). I remember, with Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~, many of us didn't (want to) believe that Uzume would get knocked out in the manga when she did in the anime...several chapters later...
Ah i remeber Sekirei and the huge spoiler that foretell what's happen in the manga too. I hope is not the case here and the last episodes are just anime original to make the manga more popular. :|
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence