Old 2006-04-17, 18:50   Link #101
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1dh0g
I very much prefer IchigoXRukia.
I perfer Rukia X Ichigo.

While it is shown that Orihime has a great deal of empathy for Ichigo, I just don't see that Ichigo returns her feelings at all. Especially since Orihime's interaction with Ishida is so positive for both of them.

As for the other half of that couple, Rukia is obviously positioned between Renji and Ichigo. While Renji's feelings for Rukia are plain, I believe that if Rukia felt the same way, she'd have show it by now. They've known each other for centuries without anything ever happening. It's time to accept that nothing ever will happen at this rate. By contrast, Rukia's feelings regarding Ichigo are very intense and seem much more likely to mature into love if they are not there already. It's a shame that nobody seems to feel that way about Renji, since he is such a great guy, but perhaps someday he'll find a girlfriend; he's only been single for 200 years so far.

That leaves Rukia X Ichigo as the best possible couple.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-17, 19:29   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Favoring Rukia

I am going to have to have Rukia and Ichigo i think it might have started off a friendship but its turning into more now. Also, if you go back rewatch some of the episodes when they were in the living world you cant tell me they dont act like a couple how they fight how they speak and interact in general . Remember Ichigo is a late bloomer in the emotional sense its like in grade school where you tease and pull the hair of the girl you like thats how Ichigo acts but he does things by insulted her instead. Also, Boutou arc when Ichigo and Rukia are watching over Ishida she tires to say thank you to Ichigo and is blushing while she saying it. Ichigo of course doesnt get it and says she being weird and creepy which of course pisses Rukia off. Then she acts like a total girl saying forget it and turning her back on him. I think the evidence is there for those but Orihime and Ichigo also have history and it obvious that he does care for her i think its too early to tell who will end up with who if anyone does at all. But i would prefer a IchigoXRUkia and OrihimeXIshida (cause man that guy needs a girl)
Old 2006-04-17, 21:21   Link #103
momogal
koi ni KNOCKOUT!

Rukia x Ichigo is the better.. They have good chemistry and Orihime is a little stupid. But she's nice! I like Orihime. Ichigo is good friend.
BUT I don't think he loves her! He doesn't return the feeling. I feel bad for Orihime a little.. she wanted 3P, didn't she?! w!
Old 2006-04-18, 00:00   Link #104
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Girl that looks like a loli + Brutish bada$$ guy = Ichigo x Rukia =The norm in many animes...

I think they're a good couple actually, but we honestly need to see a few more "telling moments"...all we have is asthetics including the end of the open song with them having a picnic which is some valid $hit...I mean what else is stuff like that supposed to make us think?

And I mean my god how long are they just gonna ignore Tatsuki's character...She was like part of the main cast when the show started and you can see she's clearly a love interest for Ichigo...In the few moments they are together they seem to have the most chemistry...She acts like she's Orihime's best friend but deep down she wants Ichigo...I love girls^^...
Old 2006-04-18, 00:07   Link #105
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Girl that looks like a loli + Brutish bada$$ guy = Ichigo x Rukia =The norm in many animes...
True. The chosen girl is almost never the most beautiful or bustiest. Of course, Kubo likes to add a twist when he uses stereotypes. The only stereotype he didn't twist was Ichigo who is the punk with a heart of gold. That means he might add a twist and let Orihime be the chosen girl. Personally I doubt it, but you just can't rely on stereotypes.

Quote:
And I mean my god how long are they just gonna ignore Tatsuki's character...She was like part of the main cast when the show started and you can see she's clearly a love interest for Ichigo...In the few moments they are together they seem to have the most chemistry...She acts like she's Orihime's best friend but deep down she wants Ichigo...I love girls^^...
I think that Tatsuki is great also, but unfortunately she is too clearly outside of the circle to have a chance with Ichigo... :sniff:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-18, 17:33   Link #106
HoshiHikari
"Special" Person

I think that Ichigo and Rukia should definitly be together, unless Rukia decides to go with Renji then i think Ichigo would be better single . As for Orihime i think she has a thing for Ishida too (O_o)
Old 2006-04-18, 21:23   Link #107
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

hmmm i never liked rukia, she's too annoying. so i'd rather see orihime get it on with ichigo and rukia can get together with renji. but who does that leave ishida with? chad?
Old 2006-04-18, 22:10   Link #108
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippo-Kun
but who does that leave ishida with? chad?
Just 'cause he's in the show doesn't mean he's going to get it on with anybody. I mean, how many people in this show do we honestly think are going to leave the show with a girlfriend/boyfriend? lol

Seriously though, I don't see any kind of IshidaxOrihime ending, no matter who Ichigo hooks up with. While Ishida and Orihime obviously get along well, they haven't had anything close to any actual deep moments in either the anime or manga. And with Ishida away training with his dad, we won't be seeing any IshidaxOrihime or Ishida + Orihime scenes anytime soon if ever.
Old 2006-04-18, 23:03   Link #109
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yup. Rukia/Ichigo feels right. Orihime can go with Ishida.
Old 2006-04-18, 23:56   Link #110
cursed_sword
Matador

my guess: we will never see a couple with the main character
Old 2006-04-19, 00:52   Link #111
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursed_sword
my guess: we will never see a couple with the main character
Sadly true. It is very common in Shounen shows like Bleach that there are lots of hints about who likes whom, but the show usually ends without any romantic resolution. When I say "very common" I mean that I cannot think of a single example of a shounen show that has romantic resolution. We might hope that Bleach will be the first, but I doubt it.

Still.... I cannot help, but hope that this will be the sole exception.

Old 2006-04-19, 01:59   Link #112
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
When I say "very common" I mean that I cannot think of a single example of a shounen show that has romantic resolution.
There is one: Dragonball.
However you can't really call this "romantic resolution", since everything happens off-screen; it's always like: "XY years later" and the characters are suddenly married and have children.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:12   Link #113
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
However you can't really call this "romantic resolution", since everything happens off-screen; it's always like: "XY years later" and the characters are suddenly married and have children.
Digimon 02 and the latest Transformers series too.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:46   Link #114
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I suppose someone could consider that a resolution, except that it was the least romantic thing I've ever seen. I really can't imagine the relationship between Goku and Chichi as romantic. The only "romance" in that show was between Kuririn and Number 17. Still, this is a point that it is not completely unheard of.

This does make it seem slightly more possible that there will be a romantic resolution in Bleach. Slightly.

Now, I beg everyone not to discuss romance in Dragon Ball here, unless you are comparing and contrasting it to Bleach.

Old 2006-04-19, 02:55   Link #115
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
Sadly true. It is very common in Shounen shows like Bleach that there are lots of hints about who likes whom, but the show usually ends without any romantic resolution. When I say "very common" I mean that I cannot think of a single example of a shounen show that has romantic resolution. We might hope that Bleach will be the first, but I doubt it.
Yu Yu hakusho - Yusuke asks Keiko to marry him before he leaves for demon-world and when he returns they kiss in the sand....Kuwabara also hooks up with Hiei's sister...Botan even suggests that he sneaks in her room late at night alot of times...Then there's Hiei and Kurama ...The great character relationships (Not just romantically) is just one of the reasons Yu Yu is my favorite shonen of all time...
Old 2006-04-19, 04:55   Link #116
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Digimon 02 and the latest Transformers series too.
Quote:
Yu Yu hakusho - Yusuke asks Keiko to marry him before he leaves for demon-world and when he returns they kiss in the sand....Kuwabara also hooks up with Hiei's sister...Botan even suggests that he sneaks in her room late at night alot of times...Then there's Hiei and Kurama ...The great character relationships (Not just romantically) is just one of the reasons Yu Yu is my favorite shonen of all time...
Thank you both. I'll have to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. My education in Shounen anime seems to be lacking. I guess I've just been watching the ones that lack romantic resolution.

Old 2006-04-19, 06:31   Link #117
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Well in the area of shounen romantic resolution, we also have Kenshin and Kaoru. They're the main couple with no significant 'rival' since the beginning of the manga (Megumi is obviously one-sided), but the resolution only comes late into the series. Oh and there's Recca and Yanagi too.

I think Bleach is one shounen with well-written romance subplot. There are moments where Ichigo and Rukia's chemistry are so thick, but some subtle hints point at Renji/Rukia and Ichigo/Orihime too (a lot of them are omitted in the anime, unfortunately). I don't mind who ends up with whoever as long as it's well-written. No offscreen abruptness like Dragonball please. The Bleach couple I'd most love to see is Gin & Rangiku but they seem heading for an unhappy ending...
Old 2006-04-19, 09:00   Link #118
Grees
Ehhh

Ichigo shouldn't be with anyone, Rukia and Orihime should both marry Kon, his love for them is always apparent, unlike Ignorantchigo. Besides girls don't get into a relationship with gays.
Why does talking perverted stuffed dolls always come out short in these series, it's annoying.
Old 2006-04-19, 13:45   Link #119
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thank you both. I'll have to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. My education in Shounen anime seems to be lacking. I guess I've just been watching the ones that lack romantic resolution.
Now that wingdarkness explained what happened on YYH, I feel as if I have to do the same for the others(mostly to help you though). I'm spoiler taging them because some ppl may not've seen them yet(like me not seeing anything past YYH's Chapter Black saga )

And granted that they happen through timeskips at the end of the last episodes of their particular series and aren't shown afterwards in that time, it still happened eventually. Let's hope that since Bleach is one of the longer series, whoever hooks up will do it earlier in it.

In Digimon Adventure...
Spoiler:

In Transformers Galaxy Force/Cybertron...
Spoiler:

Anyway, on topic... RenjixRukia, mostly because I like the childhood couple thing. OrihimexIshida, just because. Who does that leave Ichigo with? Hmmm...
Old 2006-04-19, 15:47   Link #120
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I am filled with a sense of hope that Bleach will have a romantic resolution and we'll see the Rukia x Ichigo coupling that I dream of.

Closed Thread