AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-12-18, 04:22   Link #1
dinkot

I want to live in the anime world? because anime is better than reality !

anime world is much more interesting / have so many more interesting things going on, and also UNLIMITED possibilities (eg: Sword Art Online, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, etc) unlike our boring mundane reality / real world / real life everyday...
a lot of / most / many people also are boring & mundane , they keep saying the SAME stuff like how this real-world / real-life / reality actually also have a lot of interesting things . no they're not. they are simply just lacking in imaginations !

I am a very imaginative & creative person, and I love anime / manga , because anime/manga shows a different worlds / universes , an alternate reality where IMPOSSIBLE things could become POSSIBLE in such world / universe / alternate reality , for example like: Magic , dragons , elf / elves , faeries / fairy , magic spells / summons / techniques , cool ninja techniques (naruto) , or even cool future / futuristic sci-fi world ! basically it's much more interesting & FULL of variaties / variations , than our everyday real world / real life / reality.

here in our everyday reality, it's mostly all only about MONEY ! and adults are supposed to ONLY (mostly) wear business suits and ties , and just to think only about how to make money!
Money also make people become very shallow, superficial, boring, mundane, and LIMITED in what they are thinking ! everyday, all they think is just money, profits, money, making money, how to make profits, how to make money, etc etc !

anyone agree or relate?

(PS: also, how many of you here also have heard about: Virtual Reality (VR) , Lucid Dreaming , Astral Projection ?
I really wish/hope those things are true ... so I can enter into the world/universe of IMAGINATION, .. & bye bye boring, mundane, harsh, & limited Reality ! )
dinkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 04:40   Link #2
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I always thought that it will be good if only i were the mc of that reality, because it will be the same if u just end as one of the many that appear in the background, or on the many soldiers in a war, etc. And yeah, reality might be boring, but for that we have the imagination, sadly it ends there if u want to connect it with a fantasy, magical one, so yeah, life is harsh and sometimes i would like to live in one of them and beign someone that actually make the story of that reality move, but at the same time, i still want to make my real life and the lifes around me move on just like in the animes

At the end, i would not like to live in one, but those stories help me to keep going in this reality

Last edited by DOmus; 2014-12-18 at 05:04.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 05:02   Link #3
IceHism

I can't relate with this at all. I'd always take real life over fiction and i don't see the joy in being a fictional character. Though that's not to say that fiction can't help us understand real life better.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 17:44   Link #4
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Which anime are we talking about? Attack on Titan? Psycho Pass? Now and then here and there?

No, I really wouldn't want to live there.

Moreover is that really that you want to live in those worlds or you want to be the hero of those worlds?
Because even in anime like Naruto it may be cool to be a ninja who can perform super ninja techniques, but would it really be that cool if you were an average potato?
In every high fantasy world there are still people who just go with their every day lives which are merely farming and toiling the land all day, and where the fantastical stuff are usually just bad news.

And then there are several things in those fantastic worlds that you have here and that you might miss: namely the anime themselves, videogames, manga, books.

Would it really be preferable to be stuck with a single anime your whole life rather than being able to get something new each month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkot View Post

(PS: also, how many of you here also have heard about: Virtual Reality (VR) , Lucid Dreaming , Astral Projection ?
I really wish/hope those things are true ... so I can enter into the world/universe of IMAGINATION, .. & bye bye boring, mundane, harsh, & limited Reality ! )
Virtual Reality exists, full dive VR does not. We are still far away from Matrix or SAO levels, and we probably won't reach those levels before the end of this century.

There is no scientific proof of Astral Projections being real, or that an astral world even exist.

Lucid dreaming is possible to a certain degree with some training, but don't expect exceptional results. They are still dreams you are just slightly more conscious of being inside a dream and you can remember more vividly your experience later. Some people may get better results than others.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 22:42   Link #5
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

If we're talking the world of Pokemon, I'll take that over this one any day, but only because I've fantasized about this since I was a kid. The others (okay, this one too) only seem like nice ideas because we're not actually in that world. Honestly speaking, any of that would be boring if it was your everyday life. That, or you would be too busy worrying about how to not die to worry about how boring everything is.

What do you do in your free time, though? If all you do is watch anime or otherwise immerse yourself in fictional worlds, I'd think you would start to forget or lose sight about what's actually in this one. Don't just be an observer. Be a creator. Get into art or play an instrument or something, or get into something like sports or martial arts. Just consuming everyone else's work all day is obviously not going to make for a very fulfilling life. For me, music is what makes life worth living. The rest is either an amusing distraction or an evil I'm going to have to put up with until this society explodes, hopefully into something less stressful.

... and with less money dominating literally everything. My goodness. I wanted to come into this topic and just tell you that you are wrong about everything and that nobody's ever thinking about money. But no, it is the determining factor of everything in our society, and inevitably the vast majority of people who live in it stop having an actual life somewhere down the line in the struggle to have enough money to not starve to death. If you take away their talks about money, they'd have nothing left to talk about. But you are wrong about suits. That's only for things like politicians and office workers. It's a minority of people who have to do that. You don't seem like someone who would gravitate towards those anyway.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 23:17   Link #6
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I dunno, awful lot of "anime worlds" seem rather dangerous to live in.

I sure as heck don't want to live in a say, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, or any of the battle manga worlds.

Sorta like, reading Superman and Batman makes me really really want to stay outta Metropolis or Gotham City.
Old 2014-12-19, 01:19   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah living in the Database only works for the most part if you're the hero, or at least someone with considerable 'power'.

Most of the denizens in those worlds are no different from us folks trying to just get by.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 01:27   Link #8
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah living in the Database only works for the most part if you're the hero, or at least someone with considerable 'power'.

Most of the denizens in those worlds are no different from us folks trying to just get by.
Yep agree with Chaos.... since most of the idea is based from the real world.... eating, working, sleeping etc... it's just that the setting is changed for some...

Though tbh sometimes I wonder about in a RPG game wherein you can choose like specialization
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-12-19, 06:17   Link #9
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Go traveling more often. You see all those beautiful sights and towns in anime and manga? Those are mostly drawn and referenced from photographs of real places in Japan.

Also, stories of heroes who embark on fantastic adventures and fight intense battles are fun because we get to experience the adrenaline, drama, excitement without any fear for our own lives. Learn to appreciate your relatively safe life while vicariously enjoying the adventures in entertainment.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 07:47   Link #10
Tenzen12

To be honest, I would find pretty nice live in intellectual village full of relatively harmless youkais (as long as I am not protagonist here), or in world of pokemon where I can get easy pocket money by finding kid with bug net and of course there are few worlds that seriously lacking male presence, where I wouldn't mind provdie myself to improve that situation (for sake of equality only of course).

All that said if there was option transport there and it would require some effort I would be too lazy leave this reality anyway...
Old 2014-12-20, 06:37   Link #11
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be honest, I would find pretty nice live in intellectual village full of relatively harmless youkais (as long as I am not protagonist here), or in world of pokemon where I can get easy pocket money by finding kid with bug net and of course there are few worlds that seriously lacking male presence, where I wouldn't mind provdie myself to improve that situation (for sake of equality only of course).

All that said if there was option transport there and it would require some effort I would be too lazy leave this reality anyway...
Absolutely, enslaving fantasy animals, abusing them by confining them to a tight container smaller than what we use to cage pigs, and force them to cage fight is the life to live.
Old 2014-12-20, 08:30   Link #12
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Absolutely, enslaving fantasy animals, abusing them by confining them to a tight container smaller than what we use to cage pigs, and force them to cage fight is the life to live.
Now someone should make a deconstruction of anime like pokemon and digimon and show the cruel sight of it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 11:56   Link #13
Tenzen12

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Sure, but I would still get my pocket money from abusing bug catching kids
Old 2014-12-20, 13:30   Link #14
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

If only I am Haruto in Valvrave, I will make everything that is wrongs about the show into rights! Not to mention Saki will be my love interest!!

But reality has it own benefits, it the place where we met our favorite animes without human eating titans, giant creepy abomination "angel", alien that ****** and ****** to high school girl or ahole that has nothing better to do other than trying to destroy the world on my ass.

Fire Emblem Awakening world is also another I want to go, join Chrom's army and romance Lucina, there I just become a royal. Not to mention anyone in that world can get strong simply by grinding.
Old 2014-12-20, 16:39   Link #15
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well escapism is a big part of not just anime but storytelling in general so it's no surprise the OP poster feels the way he does. Well I'm pretty sure we all feel the same way, at least from time to time, but I guess you eventually just learn to get on with life and treat it as another cruel "Reality Ensues" joke rather than obsess over it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 17:47   Link #16
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I really don't want to live in a world where the love of my life and my daughter will pass away from AnimAIDS (though, that can actually happen...), where my wish can either be short lived or reversed, where the slightest change in my mental state can get me arrested, or where my country is under siege by mechs from the Britannian Empire. I am perfectly fine living a Nichijou in this Sekai.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 18:15   Link #17
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
I really don't want to live in a world where the love of my life and my daughter will pass away from AnimAIDS (though, that can actually happen...), where my wish can either be short lived or reversed, where the slightest change in my mental state can get me arrested, or where my country is under siege by mechs from the Britannian Empire. I am perfectly fine living a Nichijou in this Sekai.
But you get to meet Lelouch! Heck I am willing to be a Eleven if I can join the Black Knight.
Old 2014-12-20, 19:00   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
...I am perfectly fine living a Nichijou in this Sekai.
Pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Old 2014-12-20, 19:25   Link #19
Princess Angels
Ur # 1 Girl

i want to live in the anime world because the anime is better and theirs even better place like the Shrine.
i love the anime Festivals it brings your crush or ur love one close to you!
The anime world is not only a world its the things we see in reality as well ^-^
Being a anime person for a day will be awesome!
Being in anime world is better because there's a karaoke and a school with slide doors and cool outfits to wear!
Old 2014-12-20, 20:36   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm honestly more struck by how many anime world settings are decidedly dark and nasty. I can think of plenty of anime shows I've watched over the past few years where my happiest thought after an episode was over was "Phew... am I ever thankful that I'm living in the real world, and not in that nightmarish setting/scenario."

Tags
anime, anime 2014, manga, real life, sword art online