AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 18 19.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 38.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 21.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-03, 15:48   Link #401
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Why did Saazbaum tell Slaine the truth regarding him being the one to have been behind the assassination?

Well, first Saaz seems to know how to read people very well, and he's pretty smart. He knows that Slaine has many of the pieces to the puzzle and he just hasn't put it all together yet. He knew from episodes ago, that it wasn't Cruhteo, he knows the man doesn't have enough deceit in him to fabricate such an expansive plot. However, he also knows that Trillram had to have been in contact with the knight behind the plot, and since Cruhteo doesn't seem to communicate with a lot of other knights, that makes it a short list. Also, as Saazbaum seems to be Cruhteo's close friend, Slaine has to know him or at least known about him. His intuition would have shown that Saazbaum was a much more likely candidate than Cruhteo, and he is the person that has the most contact with the castle, so him being in contact with Trillram would harbor no suspision. So, considering Slaine's intuitive nature and his ability to read people and with the knowledge he already had, it wouldn't have taken him long to figure out it was Saazbaum on his own. Saaz knew this, and so instead changed course by simply admitting it right off the bat. This throws Slaine (and us) for a loop and now we can't tell what true and what's a lie anymore.

Any good manipulator is also a good actor and a good liar, and a good liar know to mix half-truth, with half-falsehood. That way they can keep control of the situation, and the person they're trying to manipulate.

Even Rayet's drive towards revenge has been a bit shaky. As shown from when she blanched at the idea of taking out Martians when suggested by the assignment officer. Because her hatred of all Martians happens to encompass herself as well as her dear father, her drive for revenge is actually much more shaky than Slaine's drive. Her hatred happens to also be a form of self-loathing (maybe from survivor's guilt?), so it's already emotionally unbalanced.

Just going to throw a bone out here.

Sazzabum is pretty much in control here so he has no reason to lie to Slaine. Most of the stuff he stated made sense or was consistent with what he's been doing or what we suspected from the information we gathered prior to this.

Yes he lied and manipulated the emperor but then again the emperor is his enemy so he's manipulating him to this end.

He could've had Slaine killed at any time but he chose not to out of respect for Dr. Troyard.

It's possible that he feels guilty for the destruction and deaths his machinations are causing and he wants to talk to someone about it. Slaine is that one person because nobody on either side would trust him. Slaine has nothing to offer to him or even help him in his goals and it's possible that Slaine reminds him of Dr. Troyard and the kindess he provided. If Slaine knew any secrets about Aldnoah surely it would've been revealed by now?

My 2 cents anyways.
Old 2014-09-03, 22:05   Link #402
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Honestly I wouldn't think too hard about the whole Saazbaum telling Slaine his motivations thing. It struck me as just a way to give him some exposition and framing of his actions up to this point and have a kind of dramatic scene at the same time with the whole butter knife incident. They needed to get this stuff out there already before the seasonal climax and have some tension at the same time in an otherwise low key episode before the obligatory cliffhanger which I feel that scene achieved fairly effectively.

I really have no reason to suspect anything other than simple revenge as a motivation and consideration for the guy at this point cause that's basically where it stands right now. I'm actually kind of done trying to speculate on this show and possible developments after learning that the whole point of the way the show is structured is to deliberately try to frustrate peoples most likely predictions on what is going to happen next. Things will likely just kind of happen from here on out that run against the grain of what people expect. It doesn't mean it can't all fall into place somewhat if they keep these happenings simple and don't flip the script too much too often, but I don't think this is a show where you can accurately make a read on anything in the midst of events.
Old 2014-09-03, 22:20   Link #403
Thess

Guys, it's just a typical: villain spills some of his pain to the main heroine scene over a nice and gentlemanly dinner after she was kidnapped and placed in a castle, except Slaine's gender is swapped.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-04, 00:23   Link #404
Asuras
Dictadere~!

In all honesty I was expecting Saazbaum to lie to Slaine and keep him in the dark for some time. Was kinda taken aback when he spilled the beans.
Old 2014-09-04, 00:32   Link #405
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Just going to throw a bone out here.

Sazzabum is pretty much in control here so he has no reason to lie to Slaine. Most of the stuff he stated made sense or was consistent with what he's been doing or what we suspected from the information we gathered prior to this.

Yes he lied and manipulated the emperor but then again the emperor is his enemy so he's manipulating him to this end.

He could've had Slaine killed at any time but he chose not to out of respect for Dr. Troyard.

It's possible that he feels guilty for the destruction and deaths his machinations are causing and he wants to talk to someone about it. Slaine is that one person because nobody on either side would trust him. Slaine has nothing to offer to him or even help him in his goals and it's possible that Slaine reminds him of Dr. Troyard and the kindess he provided. If Slaine knew any secrets about Aldnoah surely it would've been revealed by now?

My 2 cents anyways.
I can't see a guy who a guy who meteor bombs and entire city just to kill a single witness with a simile on his face, as a person who feels that much guilt over what he's doing. However, we'll keep an eye on him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-04, 12:28   Link #406
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
In all honesty I was expecting Saazbaum to lie to Slaine and keep him in the dark for some time. Was kinda taken aback when he spilled the beans.
Me too. This is why I honestly believe that he is using this "honesty" to manipulate Slaine even more.
Old 2014-09-04, 14:59   Link #407
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Guys, it's just a typical: villain spills some of his pain to the main heroine scene over a nice and gentlemanly dinner after she was kidnapped and placed in a castle, except Slaine's gender is swapped.
Or Slaine is really a woman. Makes sense....I think.
Old 2014-09-21, 10:13   Link #408
HandofFate

catching up to the series now.
dang, the end of this episode was pretty hot.
Old 2014-12-25, 22:54   Link #409
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero IX. Darkness Visible

This is the episode which I put the whole show on hiatus after watching it.

Basically, it gives off the impresion at being a calm before the storm episode, but the twist at the end subverted that trope or seemingly gives that impression.

On Saazbaum, as others have previously discussed, he's for revenge and has no need to hide his machinations to Slaine. He's manipulative, and yet still carries a sense of honor to Slaine's late father, but still I would suspect him to have more ulterior motives for Slaine. Do you know what would be an irony on Saazbaum having grown-up in an environment that continually educated him to despise Earthlings like vermin, him having fallen in love and bethroting an Earhtling woman when he came down to Earth on the last war before Heaven Fall's came.

On Lt. Marito, since I'm a commoner civilian, then I don't have much of a say on what kind of PTSD soldiers endure engaging in battlefields. However, if it's encountering an enemy that your mind cannot process to get, and put to near death, and then having to shot your best teammate out of mercy killing in order to spare him or her agony, then it becomes mind breaking over mind altering your whole word and never be the same again.

Lastly, on Rayet, I do agree with Edelrittuo that the Princess is more the victim here, and it was Rayet's Father and his cohorts choice to follow the conspirators. Ultimately, they were double-crossed by the conspirators.

I get to see that Saazbaum like most of the Knights, if not most of the people on Vers, are lacking something, and that is the very concept of fairness. Being just too drunk with power over AldNoah has never taught them an inch about being humans as people rather being humans as animals lusting for the green fields of Earth over spilling the blood of millions and millions of innocents like expendable cattle; the attitude of how real wars are handled. The outcome of ideologies and creeds justified by tyrants, utilitarianists, and warmongers to wreak genocide for a better race, or a better day, or a better world.

However, obviously being human all the crazy shit affects not only those who wield power, but also those who do not and instead take crude actions into their arms. I mean like what happens to Rayet going yandere-mode in the shower.....
And, the rest went what happened to the Princess at the end of the episode.
Closed Thread