AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-12-30, 15:19   Link #1901
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Besides, it seems like the only bonus is a B5 notebook with an illustration, or that's what I "understood" on the official website. Well, maybe there are also more stuff, because that would be quite terrible compared to Matsuri and Kizuna (besides the 2nd game) who had some good limited editions, is there anyone who know japanese that could confirm this fact ?
I thought it came with a mousemat? There's two versions on Amiami, and the special edition has a mousemat. Or is there another version somewhere else?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 15:45   Link #1902
Joly
モエカステル

These images are free posters being given out at a Higurashi cosplay event (Tonari de Cosplay in TFT) being held in Japan.

Besides AmiAmi, there are other Japanese shops that are giving different bonuses. One of them is Imagine, which will be giving out a Rika poster:
Spoiler for image under cut:

So far, this is just the rough draft of the CG.

Rakuten's bonus is a B5 notebook. Rought draft of Hanyuu:
Spoiler for a little nsfw i guess:

Fammys.com's bonus is a telephone card of Mion, from the swimsuit CG. HMV's bonus is a micro fiber cloth featuring the image from Kizuna 4/special edition artbook.

Last edited by Joly; 2014-12-30 at 16:07. Reason: Adding the other bonuses...
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 16:15   Link #1903
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

You're asking to get arrested if you so happen to get those Rika and Hanyu bonuses. Just saying :/
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 16:19   Link #1904
Joly
モエカステル

I'm planning to get that Rika bonus. =P
Old 2014-12-30, 18:42   Link #1905
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
These images are free posters being given out at a Higurashi cosplay event (Tonari de Cosplay in TFT) being held in Japan.

Besides AmiAmi, there are other Japanese shops that are giving different bonuses. One of them is Imagine, which will be giving out a Rika poster:
Spoiler for image under cut:

So far, this is just the rough draft of the CG.

Rakuten's bonus is a B5 notebook. Rought draft of Hanyuu:
Spoiler for a little nsfw i guess:

Fammys.com's bonus is a telephone card of Mion, from the swimsuit CG. HMV's bonus is a micro fiber cloth featuring the image from Kizuna 4/special edition artbook.
A bit different, but that's kinda what I understood, aka one goodies depending on the place we buy it. Those are pretty lame, I'm not asking for a big A4 sized artbook like Kizuna 4's, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
You're asking to get arrested if you so happen to get those Rika and Hanyu bonuses. Just saying :/

But Hanyu is a legal loli. Rika too in a way *cough*

Spoiler:

And if anyone is interested in seeing the other bonus illustrations, they are on the official website, some aren't fan service stuff (tough if we just count the new ones and not the old illustrations that's just one) :
http://www.kaga-create.co.jp/higuras...p-special.html

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2014-12-30 at 18:54.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:33   Link #1906
Joly
モエカステル

Lol, these are nothing compared to other bonus material I've seen from other Higu products. :P

Also, I didn't realize Kaga Create updated that part of the page. Thank you for the link/heads up! (Now I want the Rika clear file too, but I guess I have to pick one...)
Old 2014-12-30, 20:18   Link #1907
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

*sigh* Im sad to admit that Higurashi is now a pedo bait series when it used to be known for its gore due to the anime back in the day. When did this happen? Was it Higurashi Jan's fault or was this a lot sooner?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2014-12-30, 21:00   Link #1908
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
*sigh* Im sad to admit that Higurashi is now a pedo bait series when it used to be known for its gore due to the anime back in the day. When did this happen? Was it Higurashi Jan's fault or was this a lot sooner?
Are you talking about the western fanbase? Because the western fanbase's fears about pedophilia are a recent thing. As for the japanese fanbase, yeah, it's been advertised for the cute girls ever since the anime. Studio DEEN's merchandise for the anime, ever since season one, consisted mostly of the girls in revealing clothing all up on each other. (Hell, DEEN even tried to market Umineko the same way, and it backfired really horribly- Although, maybe that has to do with the fact that the majority of the characters are in their fifties, and that's, like, way older than the target audience.)
Old 2014-12-30, 21:04   Link #1909
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
*sigh* Im sad to admit that Higurashi is now a pedo bait series when it used to be known for its gore due to the anime back in the day.

It's as if you're implying that was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Are you talking about the western fanbase? Because the western fanbase's fears about pedophilia are a recent thing. As for the japanese fanbase, yeah, it's been advertised for the cute girls ever since the anime. Studio DEEN's merchandise for the anime, ever since season one, consisted mostly of the girls in revealing clothing all up on each other. (Hell, DEEN even tried to market Umineko the same way, and it backfired really horribly- Although, maybe that has to do with the fact that the majority of the characters are in their fifties, and that's, like, way older than the target audience.)
The season 1 "fan service" illustrations were more for the laugh or facepalm than anything anyway. The women in Umineko are drawn way younger than they should be (and it's more like 40 than 50 I think, besides Roa who is in her mid twenties), so I highly doubt it would be a problem.
Old 2014-12-30, 21:11   Link #1910
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:

The season 1 "fan service" illustrations were more for the laugh or facepalm than anything anyway.
Yeah, you really do have a point. In fact, when I introduced Higurashi to my anime club this year, there were immediate comparisons to Corpse Party, and someone actually described Rena as being evil... Ugh.
m
And, yeah, the fanservice done by DEEN is so bad it's hilarious. Just look at this fucking M/Shion figure, she's practically begging "Please kill me its not meant to be this way"

Yeah, say what you will about Ryukishi's anatomy, but I'll take that any and every day over... That thing. You can hear her spine cracking.
Old 2014-12-30, 23:21   Link #1911
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I was talking about the Japanese fanbase in general but yeah sure. Dammit DEEN! You had ONE job! Just ONE!
Quote:
Yes I am. Its better than Higurashi being labeled as "pedo bait".
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2014-12-31, 04:31   Link #1912
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:

Edgy teenager bait isn't really "better", no.
Old 2014-12-31, 07:06   Link #1913
07th

Quote:
But Hanyu is a legal loli. Rika too in a way
I wonder what do you mean by "legal". After all, Hanyuu is ages and ages and ages older than Rika-chama.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 07:15   Link #1914
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
I wonder what do you mean by "legal". After all, Hanyuu is ages and ages and ages older than Rika-chama.
That is the point. Legal loli's are character who look like a loli, but are actually old enough to not be one.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-12-31 at 08:00.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 07:52   Link #1915
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
Because she's a thousand years old which makes it ok, right? And Rika's lived for over 100 years but she just looks like a child so that makes it also ok, right? Nothing wrong there.

Quote:
I was talking about the Japanese fanbase in general but yeah sure. Dammit DEEN! You had ONE job! Just ONE!

Japanese fan base in general? You are aware that a ton of others in the west and beyond are lured by this "pedo bait" also, you'd be a bit naive to think not. Anyway, the gore attraction is just as bad as killer loli's and pedo bait, because mindless violence (all few scenes in Higurashi anyway) isn't a good idea to reel people in, unless you want your fans to be like derp more tsundere Shion and more gore please. I'd take sexualization over all that crap, actually no wait I wouldn't (Or would I), because then your fan base would just want to beep their brains out the other side of their head while throbbing down below and talking about the series, which is the current. Not here though probably due to obvious reasons.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 09:11   Link #1916
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
I think pedo bait is worse than gore bait.

The point is that neither should be used, not that "at least it's not worst than xxx"

Quote:
I wonder if anyone actually takes that argument seriously. From her perspective, it's been 100 years, but they were the same years over and over and over again, so she's never been older than 10-11 no matter how you look at it.
Because of the PERSONALITY ? People usually forget about that, even if her experience is weird she still has got more than any normal person. It's not always about the look. I doubt an adult who got cursed to keep a child body would be happy to be only considered as such. Hell, Rika drinks alcohol. We're not talking about real life normal people here.

Quote:
I also never understood why Hanyuu's physically a kid when she was an adult when she died. The only reason I can think of is that she was intended as more loli bait.
I think it's partially true, but actually in the plot it's because she just made herself younger to fit Rika's age, guess she more wanted to act as big sister. That could also imply that in the process her mind partially regressed too, I can hardly believe she just plays silly like Rena.
Honestly, I would have preferred if she just had her old personality/look, then her being heavily depressed to still fit the story.
Old 2014-12-31, 09:29   Link #1917
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
That is the point. Legal loli's are character who look like a loli, but are actually old enough to not be one.
Had a guess. Should've googled.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 10:48   Link #1918
xPearse

Quote:
Except, unlike Hanyuu, Rika never was an adult. It's like saying (just an example) being attracted to a kid isn't pedophilia just because she's mature for her age.
Are you trying to say people can't sexualize "kay" just because she had her growth stopped at age 8 (I think) even though she is mentally 15!?

Quote:
The point is that neither should be used, not that "at least it's not worst than xxx"
Exactly.

Quote:
Because of the PERSONALITY ? People usually forget about that, even if her experience is weird she still has got more than any normal person. It's not always about the look. I doubt an adult who got cursed to keep a child body would be happy to be only considered as such. Hell, Rika drinks alcohol. We're not talking about real life normal people here.
Question, does she still consider herself to be a child or an adult?

Quote:
I think it's partially true, but actually in the plot it's because she just made herself younger to fit Rika's age, guess she more wanted to act as big sister. That could also imply that in the process her mind partially regressed too, I can hardly believe she just plays silly like Rena.
Honestly, I would have preferred if she just had her old personality/look, then her being heavily depressed to still fit the story.
Yea, I know why, har har har, like to be guilt free I see guragura. Anyway, doesn't it say Hanyu kinda mothered Rika by teaching her how to do various things and also took care of her since birth? So, taking that into account, mother figure? So, shouldn't she be in an adult form? Just a thought.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 12:40   Link #1919
baratomaya

Well, I'm just popping in to happily say that I finished translating the Kataribanashi-hen arc, Usomabushi-hen (the one where Satoshi wakes up from his medically induced coma).

I just need to get it scantalated and then I'll post up the link. ^^
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 13:02   Link #1920
LAMBDADELTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Well, I'm just popping in to happily say that I finished translating the Kataribanashi-hen arc, Usomabushi-hen (the one where Satoshi wakes up from his medically induced coma).

I just need to get it scantalated and then I'll post up the link. ^^

OMG!!!! awesome

have a happy new year everyone

LAMBDADELTO is offline   Reply With Quote