5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-25, 18:39   Link #101
Beefsquatch

They could always do the cliche ending where Try Fighters ends up encountering Sei, Reji, and(take your pick). Thus right before they clash the series ends.

Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2014-12-25 at 21:13.
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 19:10   Link #102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sei, Reiji, and Aila would be the proper team-up there, I think.

Or, alternatively, Yuuma and Fumina use parts of their gunpla to quick-fix the Build Burning Gundam for Sekai to use against Reiji's Gunpla, who has Sei for support, just like in season 1.
Old 2014-12-25, 19:54   Link #103
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Also, not every fighter prefers to fight at close range. I'm sure there are other fighters like the Renato Bothers and Team SRSC out there. Pit Sekai against those types and he's toast.
Even the Renato Bros. fight ended with a melee fight (subverted by a well-placed gatling gun drop).

I think it's inevitable for matches between players of relatively close skill levels to end up as a melee brawl. It's just the natural progression as the combatants lose ammo/energy or get disarmed, which is bound to happen if they're equally matched, for them to eventually come into simple fisticuffs.

That's why I don't get these complaints about "Oh, it ended with another punch".
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 20:28   Link #104
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think that was less about Adou's skill and more about his mindset. I think the Meijin was trying to punish Adou for his arrogance and disrespect--if he can't respect his opponents, he doesn't deserve to go against Gunpla's elite.
Yeah, it's one more reminder that there is an angle of this show that is aimed at kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
I think it's inevitable for matches between players of relatively close skill levels to end up as a melee brawl. It's just the natural progression as the combatants lose ammo/energy or get disarmed, which is bound to happen if they're equally matched, for them to eventually come into simple fisticuffs.
I think that's true when both sides have freedom of movement unless both sides can keep the other in check. And it's not really about being equally matched because, at one point or another, the side that is trying to get close is usually better than the side that is trying to keep a distance. From what I can recall of my viewing history, it's actually less commonly depicted for a close quarter combat to occur once all other options have been exhausted.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 20:41   Link #105
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Let's have Sei show up FIRST before thinking about Reiji & Aila, okay?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 23:55   Link #106
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Sei will definitely show up when try fighters reach the world championships. Which I hope the season covers.
Old 2014-12-25, 23:58   Link #107
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only way they're going to cover the world championships is if they do the nationals in like three episodes (not happening) or if this goes on for longer than 2 cours (pretty sure it's confirmed that's not happening).
Old 2014-12-26, 00:54   Link #108
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only way they're going to cover the world championships is if they do the nationals in like three episodes (not happening) or if this goes on for longer than 2 cours (pretty sure it's confirmed that's not happening).
Looks like Bandai already got the sequel covered. The first series pretty much made the nationals an afterthought. In Try, even the regional tournaments are serious business.
Old 2014-12-26, 05:45   Link #109
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It really depend on how well the show sell gunpla. If it's really good then we can be sure Bandai won't let the series go for a very long time.
Old 2014-12-26, 09:23   Link #110
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Let Sunrise do the nationals this time for the second half of GBF Try and end this show with 25 episodes.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 09:37   Link #111
Cao Ni Ma

Fumina's end goal is still the worlds, so we are getting at least an OVA for that to give that some closure. Or whatever comes next will at least show that she got that far.

BF in general is a larger franchise than just Try. Bandai is going to continue to market it like they've done with all the side stories.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 12:34   Link #112
Frontier

All we have to hope for is that Try does well enough, in toy sales at least, to justify another sequel .
Old 2014-12-26, 20:45   Link #113
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
All we have to hope for is that Try does well enough, in MODEL sales at least, to justify another sequel .
Fixed

Hehehehe
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 11:51   Link #114
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Somehow, looking at how both Fumina and Yuuma fight against Meijins;
If there's a peek about their team battle after national championship (like how we saw Sei and Build Strike Cosmos in GBF).
I hope Try Fighters opponent is Lady, Tatsuya and Sei; a team consists those who dangerous in both fighting and build skill.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 20:14   Link #115
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I had a random thought a few minutes ago, rewatching episode 12 and observing the Fumina vs Lady battle, and ruminating further on what Yuuki was telling Yuuma, that he fights not to lose.

Look at the Winning and the GM Cardigan. Fumina's concept with her units has been to load them down will all manner of guns; she's a walking arsenal to try and cover all her bases. But like Sun Tzu said, if you try to be strong everywhere, you are strong nowhere.

Sekai is close combat, Yuuma is sniping. They know their niches, and so they are very good at that (it must be said that Yuuma too recognises the need to be able to whip out a beam saber and fight up close, and that while he's not great at that, he's also not useless at melee). But Fumina has no specialty. And so because of that, my take on what Lady was saying was that Fumina has too many weapons, too many gimmicks, and so hasn't internalised and really mastered any of them.

Or, to quote Bruce Lee: "I do not fear the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks. I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."

Paraphrasing: I do not fear the fighter who carries ten thousand weapons. I fear the fighter who carries one weapon, ten thousand times.

The other interpretation of what Lady was saying is that Fumina spent too much time worrying about the boys and not about herself, and focused on strengthening them, and thus weakening herself in the process.

And I can get why Yuuma's upgrade is a new backpack - Lightning is already good enough as it is, it just needs a little more enhancement.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 05:58   Link #116
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i believe this week theres no new ep due to new year? T_T
Old 2014-12-31, 06:04   Link #117
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's pretty much the reason we were given.
Old 2014-12-31, 11:12   Link #118
erdii

I don't want to be rude to the gundam viewers, but just what is the point of the this anime, rather who is the bad guy ?? so far in the series I don't know where this is going, normally I would drop a series I couldn't understand but I like the characters a lot. please someone explain in words I can understand
Old 2014-12-31, 14:49   Link #119
Cao Ni Ma

Its a tournament series? A girl wants to one day be in a world tournament in a game she likes so she gets a group of friends to go into the regionals and eventually the nationals. Its pretty simple, its like every other sports manga/anime.

I mean this is the first time I've heard someone not understanding a BF. Are you confusing this thread with G-Recos?

Last edited by Cao Ni Ma; 2014-12-31 at 15:01.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 15:18   Link #120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The closest we've gotten to an antagonist in GBFT to is Adou Saga, who is a colossal jerk as far as the game goes, much like the Renato Brothers in the first season were, and how the second Meijin apparently was. That said he might not be the same kind of antagonist that Chairman Mashita and Baker were in season 1, but he's certainly the most antagonistic character in the series right now.