AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-01-12, 00:24   Link #1961
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminhas View Post
you're waiting for nothing, they're going all crazy on their shipwars over there
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
^ The last 30 posts have just been character names followed by "fag" "Miyukifag"
" MayumiFag's are the worst", so much hate on 4chan...
Those people doesnt learn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
So basically the branch families don't like Tatsuya or accept him as a member because of his "weak" power.
And Maya gives him a chance to prove himself and shut up others' opposition about Tatsuya being an Yotsuba.
Which means she cares for her nephew and she doesn't have absolute power?
I guess we can see it at that.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 01:06   Link #1962
caminhas
Golden Sorcerer

best post and reply on 4chan of the day

">tats needs to take down zhou
>completely discards every one close he trusts and lets masaki and aids boi (whom he just met at least he had a bit of history with masaki) to come along"

REPLY:
"Because Masaki and AIDsfag don't need babysitters.

Leo, Erika, and Miki still needs babysitters. Otherwise Masaki should have just ignored the 3 and let them die."
caminhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 02:07   Link #1963
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
just wondering if masaki ask tatsuya about miyuki
Old 2015-01-12, 02:08   Link #1964
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminhas View Post
best post and reply on 4chan of the day

">tats needs to take down zhou
>completely discards every one close he trusts and lets masaki and aids boi (whom he just met at least he had a bit of history with masaki) to come along"

REPLY:
"Because Masaki and AIDsfag don't need babysitters.

Leo, Erika, and Miki still needs babysitters. Otherwise Masaki should have just ignored the 3 and let them die."
Hmmmm...I remember that. Then cont. they bash Erika and Leo; and some fag shut them up by calling them Mayumifag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
just wondering if masaki ask tatsuya about miyuki
Masaki met Miyuki but too bad for him he wasnt there to have dinner with her. =3 Well Masaki had better thing to do at that time like interfering with Tatsuya's crew.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-01-12 at 02:34.
Old 2015-01-12, 02:16   Link #1965
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Hmmmm...I remember that. Then cont. they bash Erika and Leo; and some brave fag shut them up by calling them Mayumifag.

Masaki met Miyuki but too bad for him he wasnt there to have dinner with her. =3 Well Masaki had better thing to do at that time like interfering with Tatsuya's crew.
well uhm ... I was saying that uhm masaki asking for his approval for miyuki's hand I guess that ok too
Old 2015-01-12, 02:16   Link #1966
Diocar

Don t the spoilers say that maya blushes while talking to Hayama? Isn t it supused to be impossible? Blushing is a direct result of a emotion and because of miya she doesn t really have them...
Also, the best thing for the next vol would be after the talk about them don t being siblings maya having tats memories before the operation stored or sealed and tats spending most of the vol remembering while miyuki focus on the selection for heir.
It would be a volume similar with the reminiscence one and probably the last chance to dedicate a vol to the misteries of tats past and a good excuse for the loyalty test to know If he would be loyal If he knew the past. Besides it could lead to some emotional growth for tats.
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 02:21   Link #1967
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Don t the spoilers say that maya blushes while talking to Hayama? Isn t it supused to be impossible? Blushing is a direct result of a emotion and because of miya she doesn t really have them...
Also, the best thing for the next vol would be after the talk about them don t being siblings maya having tats memories before the operation stored or sealed and tats spending most of the vol remembering while miyuki focus on the selection for heir.
It would be a volume similar with the reminiscence one and probably the last chance to dedicate a vol to the misteries of tats past and a good excuse for the loyalty test to know If he would be loyal If he knew the past. Besides it could lead to some emotional growth for tats.
if I remember Miya remove only the memories not her emotions, only tatsuya has his emotion remove with the exception of one ...
Old 2015-01-12, 02:22   Link #1968
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
well uhm ... I was saying that uhm masaki asking for his approval for miyuki's hand I guess that ok too
I think its only about Masaki being angry that he wasnt able to capture Zhou in Yokohama that it turned to this mess then was able to calm down thanks to Miyuki.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-01-12, 02:24   Link #1969
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think its only about Masaki being angry that he wasnt able to capture Zhou in Yokohama that it turned to this mess then was able to calm down thanks to Miyuki.
I was kidding and yes it's somehow partly his fault
Old 2015-01-12, 03:51   Link #1970
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Maya has emotions, its only the part about the trauma about her being raped which has been erased.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 04:49   Link #1971
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Just to add my two cents here, I'd give my vote to Miyuki being the better choice for Head of the Yotsuba. Yes, Tatsuya is obviously the more talented one, but I believe he functions best in the shadows or as a field operative or even general steward of the house than as Yotsuba Head. Tatsuya will be able to make better use of his talents that way; while as Head he'd mostly be confined to ruling the house and maintaining their affairs; he'll either have to be forced to stay inside the house, or make appearances in certain places and meetings when he could do more working in a laboratory or investigating. Compare him with Miyuki, who was raised to make an impression and handle herself with grace while retaining a core of iron ruthlessness--heck, she was raised with the expectation that she WILL be head one day, and so they already equipped her with all of the skills she needs to do the job.

Let me use the terms "sovereign" and "general" here. Miyuki makes the better sovereign--she's got the education, the poise, the ability to inspire love and adoration, a flair for lying and deception, and the ruthlessness she needs to engage in political maneuvering, but also the necessary humanity to rule with benevolence and wisdom. Tatsuya is the "general". A "retainer". Someone as talented as he is, does better serving and doing something else other than ruling, which is an entirely different discipline altogether, and one I feel that Tatsuya is a little lacking compared to Miyuki. Yes, Tatsuya can work a false face when he needs to and has the manners befitting of someone of power, but the problem with Tatsuya as Head is 1) he has no particular attachments to the Yotsuba, so he'd be less inclined or motivated to advance their interests, 2) he'd probably be willing to sacrifice the Yotsuba, and, if we assume that Miyuki then falls under a subservient role to him in this scenario, he would probably interfere with her decisions to serve him if he should ever determine her in danger--even if her being in a such a state is considered necessary, and wouldn't care what she'd have to say in the matter because he loves her more than the thing he rules, 3) again, Tatsuya would lose time and attention he could be pouring into more productive pursuits, and 4) Tatsuya's lack of emotions makes it hard for him to understand some people--he doesn't even get the concept of doing good for goodness' sake.

So, yeah. My vote is on Miyuki. It's not a matter of who's better than who. It's a question of which gear works best for the job the machine requires. Plus, it fits with the Hindu mythological parallels too. Shiva is lord of the house, but the house still belongs to Parvati. Shiva works his magic over everything, but only because it is the will of his beloved. Shiva is lord of everything, but still completely under the power of his Shakti.

A different approach than I have been arguing for way back but it works for me. Specially with respect for his lack of emotions. This story's equivalent to Mr. Spock. Yes he can be Captain but he even admitted it to himself that Kirk is still the better Captain.

By the way, someone mentioned that the fusion reactor project is almost done is not necessarily true. I don't remember anything, anywhere yet where this was mentioned. Unless this person has gone to the future and read future volumes before the author wrote it. Tatsuya consider this his ultimate goal and if he has almost completed it as you say, it pretty much ends the story for him, ne?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 05:12   Link #1972
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
If you put this way, I cannot make rebuttal.
But, I always thought Shiba Tatsurou as the head of Shiba family.
Maybe, I relied on wikia page too much.
Tatsurou owns/inherited the stocks that Miya used to own which is the majority portion. Does this not qualify him to be a branch head?
Old 2015-01-12, 05:38   Link #1973
pampz21
ShipCore

I wonder what Magic is in Leo CAD; we know its given to him by the Rozens. Iam think of something cool that it sends shockwave when he punch.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-01-12, 05:38   Link #1974
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I think, we have enough female character, but inheritance arc will introduce a lot of branch characters. I think, it can be one of them because Maya probably needs someone who is loyal to Yotsuba and monitor Tatsuya 24hrs a day. Getting a guardian would be another possibility, but it wouldn't have enough drama.

Wow, I am reading 4chan to find a new translation if any, but I found out, some of opinions in 4chan are exactly the same as ones that I have read in this thread.
It is like deja vu. lol.

As far as Miyuki's "maybe" fiancée, it is possible that it comes from one of the branch families. This would be a major plot line direction and might even add a bit of fresh air to the story. Is it probable? Highly unlikely because whether we like it or not, the Miyuki x Tatsuya fans probably outnumber all the other fans. Even if the Editors allow this to happen, the business manager(s) will not. It's called "sales" and they will protect this franchise and not piss off those fans. Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Just imagine all the threads related to Mahouka if something like that happened . They will all be on fire. I would not want to be a Monitor then.

Ignition on!!!
Old 2015-01-12, 05:43   Link #1975
Echizen777

Quote:
I wonder what Magic is in Leo CAD; we know its given to him by the Rozens. Iam think of something cool that it sends shockwave when he punch.
What? Rozen?
Old 2015-01-12, 06:11   Link #1976
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
LOL when I think that I said almost the same thing today.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If you go all the way back to the beginning of the branch heads comments. He was just reinforcing the fact that Tatsuya had the ability to finish what he was asked to do. I don't believe there is anything more than that. Stop making things up.
Old 2015-01-12, 06:23   Link #1977
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Tatsurou owns/inherited the stocks that Miya used to own which is the majority portion. Does this not qualify him to be a branch head?
sound not related at all...
stock refer to FLT corporation plus Tatsurou still a vice president of FLT...

soo who the President of FLT anyways???
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 06:38   Link #1978
Echizen777

Quote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If you go all the way back to the beginning of the branch heads comments. He was just reinforcing the fact that Tatsuya had the ability to finish what he was asked to do. I don't believe there is anything more than that. Stop making things up.
Quote:
"As all of you know, the matter of Shiba Tatsuya and his loyalty test being successfully accomplished with the results the client asked for. He has shown loyalty and being a valuable resource for the Yotsubas."
They tested his ability and his loyalty, it's quite obvious that they have bigger plans for him. I am not getting ahead of myself, we can only speculate as of now.
Old 2015-01-12, 07:06   Link #1979
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Just to add my two cents here, I'd give my vote to Miyuki being the better choice for Head of the Yotsuba. Yes, Tatsuya is obviously the more talented one, but I believe he functions best in the shadows or as a field operative or even general steward of the house than as Yotsuba Head. Tatsuya will be able to make better use of his talents that way; while as Head he'd mostly be confined to ruling the house and maintaining their affairs; he'll either have to be forced to stay inside the house, or make appearances in certain places and meetings when he could do more working in a laboratory or investigating. Compare him with Miyuki, who was raised to make an impression and handle herself with grace while retaining a core of iron ruthlessness--heck, she was raised with the expectation that she WILL be head one day, and so they already equipped her with all of the skills she needs to do the job.

Let me use the terms "sovereign" and "general" here. Miyuki makes the better sovereign--she's got the education, the poise, the ability to inspire love and adoration, a flair for lying and deception, and the ruthlessness she needs to engage in political maneuvering, but also the necessary humanity to rule with benevolence and wisdom. Tatsuya is the "general". A "retainer". Someone as talented as he is, does better serving and doing something else other than ruling, which is an entirely different discipline altogether, and one I feel that Tatsuya is a little lacking compared to Miyuki. Yes, Tatsuya can work a false face when he needs to and has the manners befitting of someone of power, but the problem with Tatsuya as Head is 1) he has no particular attachments to the Yotsuba, so he'd be less inclined or motivated to advance their interests, 2) he'd probably be willing to sacrifice the Yotsuba, and, if we assume that Miyuki then falls under a subservient role to him in this scenario, he would probably interfere with her decisions to serve him if he should ever determine her in danger--even if her being in a such a state is considered necessary, and wouldn't care what she'd have to say in the matter because he loves her more than the thing he rules, 3) again, Tatsuya would lose time and attention he could be pouring into more productive pursuits, and 4) Tatsuya's lack of emotions makes it hard for him to understand some people--he doesn't even get the concept of doing good for goodness' sake.

So, yeah. My vote is on Miyuki. It's not a matter of who's better than who. It's a question of which gear works best for the job the machine requires. Plus, it fits with the Hindu mythological parallels too. Shiva is lord of the house, but the house still belongs to Parvati. Shiva works his magic over everything, but only because it is the will of his beloved. Shiva is lord of everything, but still completely under the power of his Shakti.
As always, your words are that of wisdom

And I like it how you slipped the Shiva reference
Old 2015-01-12, 08:32   Link #1980
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
So basically the branch families don't like Tatsuya or accept him as a member because of his "weak" power.
And Maya gives him a chance to prove himself and shut up others' opposition about Tatsuya being an Yotsuba.
Which means she cares for her nephew and she doesn't have absolute power?
This is a weird part. Tatsuya's military record should have known to seven branch heads if they know his identity as S-class magician. Even outsider, Kudou Retsu targeted Tatsuya for promoting his P-dolls because of mahesvara's reputation in military.

We have to get some more details. Maybe, she cares for him, or she made a decision for the future of her family because of Tatsuya's potential and value.
Even if Tatsuya is her son, I wouldn't surprise Maya's heart lies with Yotsuba because of her responsibility and so many clan members who died during the event thirty some years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnake View Post
From baidu it seems that Zhou is actually around 40 years olds.
No~~~~~~~~~~
Damn you Satou. OMG, if he is this old, Satou may never intended to design Zhou's character to make him as a Tatsuya's rival.
Who will be Tatsuya's ultimate rival?!?

Quote:
No. This is the family matter, and FLT is probably one of business entities that Yotsuba run. I wouldn't be surprised if Tatsurou's share is in the form of borrowed account. On the front, Tatsurou may have it, but its original owner should be Yotsuba. The main reason behind this would be the rule of 10MC. They cannot run any private business entity if I remember correctly.

Quote:
As far as Miyuki's "maybe" fiancée, it is possible that it comes from one of the branch families. This would be a major plot line direction and might even add a bit of fresh air to the story. Is it probable? Highly unlikely because whether we like it or not, the Miyuki x Tatsuya fans probably outnumber all the other fans. Even if the Editors allow this to happen, the business manager(s) will not. It's called "sales" and they will protect this franchise and not piss off those fans. Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it.
I think, the marriage will not happen in the series, but some of us have been anticipating the crash between Miyuki's fiancee and Tatsuya even though Tatsuya would break him into pieces if this "maybe" fiancee does stupid thing.
Even if the marriage happen, no men will be able to touch Miyuki unless she changes.
The marriage will be cover, and she will just use artificial insemination if the clan wants children from her.
Because of this, if something like arranged engagement happens, I am more into Tatsuya x unknown Yotsuba character because it would be more fun.
And, it would be fun to finally see Miyuki freezing a person to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
sound not related at all...
stock refer to FLT corporation plus Tatsurou still a vice president of FLT...
soo who the President of FLT anyways???
Wow, this is a really good point. Maybe, CEO of FLT may be the branch head of Shiba if the branch head of Shiba is not Tatsurou.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-01-12 at 09:04.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc