AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-14, 14:32   Link #2221
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I have a theory: in-universe, since the Norma aren't considered to be human, they're not gonna bother giving them Para-mails with correct safety measures and any good piloting suits. A Para-mail is a Norma's coffin/casket, as they say in the series, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally designed that way. You could even say the suits are made to degrade and make them feel even less human, if you wanna stretch things.

Now, of course, why would Jasmine set up a mall and allow them to customise their Para-mails (should give them some custom safety features lol)? Again, the series says it's the Norma's place of death, so they might as well go out in style, one of the few luxuries the Norma get in Arzenal. Jasmine's one of the nicer people there, so perhaps she set up the mall with items, dresses and whatnot to give them luxuries and to give them an incentive to fight.

I think the Royals are descendants of the group of scientists Embryo worked with, or possibly even the same scientists for a few of them. They all seem to defer to him, so he's in charge of everything.
That doesn't explain the Vilkiss, which has that same issue of an open-air cockpit, and it's one of those super-prototype ragna-mails (like the kind that brought [booming voice]DOOM[/booming voice] on the old/true/alternate Earth.

Also, regarding Jasmine's mall...

They have the Freedom's beam cannons there, and nobody equipped that thing yet ?XD
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 15:46   Link #2222
Ryuga

That's true, it doesn't explain the Villkiss and the Ragna-mails. Though, to be fair, the Villkiss is packing more heat than Jack Napier. It's even got a light shield, which Ange had no problems using to crash into things in flight mode, open-air cockpit and all.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 16:13   Link #2223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerounin View Post
There is one question that has been nagging me ever since Embryo's character was introduced (though the series probably won't answer it anyway). Who put the royal families into power in Ange's world anyway? Wouldn't that run counter to Embryo's goal of creating a world where there are no inequality and and conflict if only a handful of families gain leadership?
Although Embryo is the creator/God of Ange's world it would still be an annoying task for him to govern everyone. You still need people to run the world day by day and someone to enforce law, also people love someone they can look up to and or revere. He could have possibly put all the Royal Families in place when he created the world and or they could be the pilots of the Ranga mail's. We saw that they are fully aware of whats happening behind the scenes of the world. Which means Embryo has allowed their predecessors to know the secret of the world and it was passed down from generation to generation. Each royal family has a specific duty to perform to keep the world as status quo. The Empire of Mizurugi was responsible for opening the portrals.
Old 2015-01-14, 17:16   Link #2224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerounin View Post
There is one question that has been nagging me ever since Embryo's character was introduced (though the series probably won't answer it anyway). Who put the royal families into power in Ange's world anyway? Wouldn't that run conter to Embryo's goal of creating a world where there are no inequality and and conflict if only a handful of families gain leadership?
Some people believe royalty makes things better, more stable. (Everything's better with princesses, after all.)

Embryo might have been one of them. And I don't know what his exact ideals are, but he's not above compromising. See the treatment of Normas.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 17:25   Link #2225
woxx

This world we see from the beginning is probably some kind of huge fake and Embryo has his powers only there but not in reality.
Real Ange and everyone else are probably dead in real world as dragon girls call them false citizens.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 17:58   Link #2226
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
This world we see from the beginning is probably some kind of huge fake and Embryo has his powers only there but not in reality.
Real Ange and everyone else are probably dead in real world as dragon girls call them false citizens.
Ange and everyone else are very much alive. Sala calls them false citizens because they are a product of the fake world. Sala and her people are of the real world.
Old 2015-01-15, 01:52   Link #2227
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ange and everyone else are very much alive. Sala calls them false citizens because they are a product of the fake world. Sala and her people are of the real world.
We saw some flashbacks in 11th episode where Ange(probably real one) and Sala are together.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 02:36   Link #2228
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Some people believe royalty makes things better, more stable. (Everything's better with princesses, after all.)

Embryo might have been one of them. And I don't know what his exact ideals are, but he's not above compromising. See the treatment of Normas.
I found it interesting though how he was very upset at the way Julio was handling the situation, specifically the senseless slaughter of the Normas.

"I never intended for any of this to happen in the first place...."

Then again he made this world to get away from that and going around slaughtering innocent Normas goes completely against his "ideals" I guess.

Though the question becomes is he a computer or something because apparently he's everywhere in hologram form but he has healing capabilities and probably more.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 03:05   Link #2229
Friday
Im shy too...

hello all
just been watching the series today 1-9.
1-8 looks typically normal but watching ep9 got me thinking regarding(what most people said on page 64) what Sylvia and Hilda's mother said.
To me, they look like they been good old fashionable, traditional brainwashed. Just wondering if the "Mana"is capable of doing this, to be able to alter a person mind.
You may correct me if I'm wrong
off to watch 10-14....
so far for series the quite good
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 04:57   Link #2230
ryuuya

Is the season 2 of cross ange is good to go or not yet ?
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 19:28   Link #2231
Wingsaber

Anyone know the name of the song/music that plays during the Villkiss transformation scenes?

Not talking about what Ange sings.
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 04:00   Link #2232
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
We saw some flashbacks in 11th episode where Ange(probably real one) and Sala are together.
The director said those are parallel universes. Ancient Earth was advanced enough to have extra-dimensional technology but Ragnamail's weapons caused a chain reaction that killed everyone.

Going by Embryo is always a hologram and we know the ancient civilization developed AI I think we have a mech pretending to be its deceased pilot situation here.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 07:48   Link #2233
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuya View Post
Is the season 2 of cross ange is good to go or not yet ?
Have to wait and see how the show ends. If they manage to wrap everything up in 25 eps, then I doubt they'll go for another season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsaber View Post
Anyone know the name of the song/music that plays during the Villkiss transformation scenes?

Not talking about what Ange sings.
I know what you're talking about, unfortunately, I don't think it's on the OST that's out. There's a few tracks I wanted that didn't make it in, like two of the battle tracks.

The theory that Embryo's an A.I's been going around for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, it makes sense. An A.I made to preserve humankind. Just wondering how the parallel universes fit into all this.

Also wondering how the DRAGONs survive in their world without life. Like I said on previous pages, they've managed to adapt through some means/don't need sustenance, or they're cannibals.
Old 2015-01-16, 08:18   Link #2234
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The director said those are parallel universes. Ancient Earth was advanced enough to have extra-dimensional technology but Ragnamail's weapons caused a chain reaction that killed everyone.

Going by Embryo is always a hologram and we know the ancient civilization developed AI I think we have a mech pretending to be its deceased pilot situation here.
Cool! If that's how it is, then I guessed right for once!
Old 2015-01-16, 14:35   Link #2235
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Is this Gargantia?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 18:00   Link #2236
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
The theory that Embryo's an A.I's been going around for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, it makes sense. An A.I made to preserve humankind. Just wondering how the parallel universes fit into all this.
And he provided the committee with a few choices on how to deal with their problems....Mass Effect Style

But it would make sense. Even the Villkiss has shown some level of sentience. One is where it opened fire by itself to save Ange from a Dragon and the second teleport her away from Embryo's fire.

Quote:
Also wondering how the DRAGONs survive in their world without life. Like I said on previous pages, they've managed to adapt through some means/don't need sustenance, or they're cannibals.
Yeah but why are they all woman?

And if they've been warring for awhile with Embryo that's a lot of dead Dragons they got where are the new ones coming from?
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 19:03   Link #2237
SMT
*Artist

Don't really like the tons of fanservice they throw at you in Cross Ange but the plot twists that happen literally every 2 minutes makes it entertaining.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 20:12   Link #2238
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
snip
In-universe, no idea, it's the same deal with the Norma, all female. When it comes to the DRAGONs I think some kind of weird time loop's going on/they can survive and access dimensions to a degree. Now I'm not only thinking that the Mana world's just a construct, I feel like there're two different timelines/universes going on that're becoming unstable and/or merging with each other due to the Dimensional Resonator weapons.

I dunno, the whole thing is plain weird. I'm just hoping the next ep will clear things up once and for all. It's taking ages for the series to explain things.
Old 2015-01-16, 21:14   Link #2239
Gundam888

I don,t think that at all
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 12:44   Link #2240
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

another exposition episode
mysteries surrounding the DRAGON are now cleared
Spoiler:

damn Fukuda for making Mizuki Nana to did that

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance