AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-14, 11:49   Link #2801
Nishaven

I just finished the anime. Where should I start to reading novels? From beginning or from volume 10? Do I miss major things if I start from volume 10?
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 19:19   Link #2802
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
I just finished the anime. Where should I start to reading novels? From beginning or from volume 10? Do I miss major things if I start from volume 10?
well, it is better if you started from the start. The anime did a lot of skipping afterall.
Old 2015-01-18, 13:15   Link #2803
TonyC1994
Unknown

I honestly like the new Harutora/Yakou. After several volumes of him being the main fool of the group and the butt of jokes, it's nice to him be a badass.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 13:33   Link #2804
Nishaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
I honestly like the new Harutora/Yakou. After several volumes of him being the main fool of the group and the butt of jokes, it's nice to him be a badass.
I agree.
After I finished anime, I took a glance at volume 10 and 11. It is pretty sad Harutora didn't appear too much. Specially in volume 11.
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 04:58   Link #2805
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Well, though it seems he had more appearance at volume 12. Sadly, the chinese translation is not up yet. I also like the new Harutora. He's so badass in his own way ^_^
Old 2015-01-20, 14:11   Link #2806
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Fantasia Bunko Line-up for March 20

●Gamers! 【著:葵せきな/絵:仙人掌】
●Date A Live Material 【企画・編集:ファンタジア文庫編集部/原作:橘公司/絵:つなこ】
●Highschool DxD DX.1 転生天使にラブソングを 【著:石踏一榮/絵:みやま零】
●Amagi Brilliant Park Volume 6 【著:賀東招二/絵:なかじまゆか】
●Hitsugi no Chaika Volume XII 【著:榊一郎/絵:なまにくATK】
●Tokyo Ravens Volume 13 COUNT>DOWN 【著:あざの耕平/絵:すみ兵】
●Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyuukan Volume 6 【著:諸星悠/絵:甘味みきひろ】
●Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Record (The Good-for-Nothing Magic Lecturer and the Akashic Records) Volume 3 【著:羊太郎/絵:三嶋くろね】
●Dai-Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Volume 16: A Life of Taking Drastic Measures 【著:鏡貴也/絵:とよた瑣織】
●Commentarii de Imperio Romnia Volume V ―The Second Princess of Assault― 【著:舞阪洸/絵:エレクトさわる】
●Kiniro no Wordmaster Volume 4 ―The Unique Cheat That Involved the Four Heroes― 【著:十本スイ/絵:すまき俊悟】
●Bu ni Mi wo Sasagete Hyaku to Yonen. Elf de Yarinasou Musha Shagyou (A Hundred and More Years of One's Life Dedicated to Battle. An Elf's Training Journey Anew) Volume 3 【著:赤石赫々/絵:bun150】
●Shin Tenchi Muyo! Ryoko Oni-Gaiden: Tenchi Muyo! GXP 12 【著:梶島正樹/絵:梶島正樹】
●Maburaho: Jonan no Kan, Volume 10 【著:築地俊彦/絵:駒都えーじ】
The end is in sight.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 18:17   Link #2807
Iron Maw
Banned

Man that title is giving me "we won't have much longer than 1-2 volumes" vibes.

I'm just hoping this all pessimism on my part. Now if only Chinese translations weren't so slow...

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-01-20 at 18:33.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 19:35   Link #2808
Nuvi

I always thought that Azano is a slow writer since he writes a volume in 6 months gap. I guess this time he was a month earlier.

Yup, definitely ending vibes now. Its quite sad but I'm happy that Azano have it all planned out.
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 07:53   Link #2809
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Azano-sama! Please at least make the ending a masterpiece... That is all I can wish for.
Old 2015-01-21, 10:50   Link #2810
Nuvi

Oh and interesting title for the new volume. Seems like it might be related to Touji after all.
Old 2015-01-27, 16:43   Link #2811
jillian92

Is there some news about the translation?
I've been wondering this for a while, why do we need to rely on chinese people who translate from japanese into chinese and then in english, when maybe the translation could be better and even faster if the novel was simply translated from japanese into english? Don't get some meanings/ expressions lost, passing through different languages? Is this project so unpopular? I find Tokyo Ravens so amazing, that I wish other groups were interested in it as well.
jillian92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 20:02   Link #2812
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian92 View Post
I've been wondering this for a while, why do we need to rely on chinese people who translate from japanese into chinese and then in english, when maybe the translation could be better and even faster if the novel was simply translated from japanese into english? Don't get some meanings/ expressions lost, passing through different languages? Is this project so unpopular? I find Tokyo Ravens so amazing, that I wish other groups were interested in it as well.
Two things:
1) It's a simple matter of manpower. There are many, many more people with Chinese/English fluency than with Japanese/English fluency. Moreover, there simply aren't enough translators to go around anyway, even if you include Chinese translators.

2) Translating a light novel - particularly one like Tokyo Ravens - is a massive undertaking. It's a lot of work just to tackle a single volume. With that in mind, it takes a lot for someone to be willing to work on a series. Sure, stuff gets lost in translation when you go from Japanese to Chinese to English as compared to translating into English directly from the Japanese source, but is it enough of a difference for someone to want to work on a series even though there's a Chinese translator willing to do so already? Short answer, apparently not.
Old 2015-01-30, 07:26   Link #2813
Nuvi

God I hope the chinese have not dropped the translations. Vol13 is on sight and I fear that we will be 2 volumes behind this time.
Old 2015-01-30, 12:33   Link #2814
theshade1

Haven't heard any updates in a long time. Hope this series didn't get dropped.

Also how likely is it that this series will end at Vol 15?
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 12:39   Link #2815
Nuvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post

Also how likely is it that this series will end at Vol 15?
Considering that the author wants to wrap up this series with ONLY revealing the truth about how Yakou died and for what purpose he reincarnated along with the truth about the far greater system of magic in which he failed to perform and not showing us Yakou in "person" in World War II era, then its very likely to end.

I'm still thinking that the story will continue though, its drawing parallels from part I of the story. Next volume will obviously be about Touji (going by the same way in the part I) as tweeted by the author.

And a reminder, the author has not yet stated any plans for ending this LN anytime soon...at least not now.

Also, might as well Touji be in cover along with Yakoutora this time?

Last edited by Nuvi; 2015-01-30 at 12:59.
Old 2015-01-31, 01:04   Link #2816
lygophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian92 View Post
It's because only a small fraction of people are capable of translating, and because an even smaller fraction of those people are willing to devote hundreds of hours towards unrewarded light novel translations. So maybe there's one guy in a thousand light novel readers who's actually willing and able to step in and translate.

And absolutely, I believe that some things get lost in translation despite my best efforts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that any capable Japanese translator is interested, so it's this or nothing. I also wish that a good Japanese translator would do the work for me.
lygophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 05:58   Link #2817
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lygophile View Post
It's because only a small fraction of people are capable of translating, and because an even smaller fraction of those people are willing to devote hundreds of hours towards unrewarded light novel translations. So maybe there's one guy in a thousand light novel readers who's actually willing and able to step in and translate.

And absolutely, I believe that some things get lost in translation despite my best efforts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that any capable Japanese translator is interested, so it's this or nothing. I also wish that a good Japanese translator would do the work for me.
Just everyone wait! I am taking japanese class this year just to be able to read japanese~ (Good thing I am taking animation course)

And I am willing to devote my time to this awesome light novel ♥

Btw, Hey, the new cover for Volume 13: Countdown is finally revealed! ~

Sorry for a very small resolution

Spoiler for Volume 13:

Last edited by Zilch_Saber; 2015-03-02 at 20:29.
Zilch_Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 14:42   Link #2818
Oz The B-Rabbit
Chain Killer

Awesome finally volume 13 cover looks good still im a little disappointed that volume 12 has got no where in terms of being translated ... anyone heard any details ? also should i not get my hopes up for it being translated any time soon ?
Oz The B-Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 15:04   Link #2819
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz The B-Rabbit View Post
Awesome finally volume 13 cover looks good still im a little disappointed that volume 12 has got no where in terms of being translated ... anyone heard any details ? also should i not get my hopes up for it being translated any time soon ?
Since the only translator of this novel Lygophile, is translating from Chinesse translations and according to his most recent post from near the end of February on the BT forums:

Quote:
lygophile » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:37 am
No one is currently translating to English at the moment. Again, this is because I translate from Chinese, and no such versions are out.
... it's pretty unlikely that the translation for volume 12 is going to appear anytime soon, unless some Japanese - English translator, would be willing to start translating this novel.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 15:13   Link #2820
Oz The B-Rabbit
Chain Killer

ah right well thanks for the update i just hope it gets translated eventually
Oz The B-Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural