AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-15, 07:58   Link #621
James Rye

Seems like Migi is becoming more and more humanish, either that or he is a top-notch actor. He really sounded concerned for Shinichi/pissed about the P.I. there. And his way of arguing was very "emotional" based and less logical than usual.

And Tamura...creeeeeeepy laughin.^^;
Then again she is "evolving" so to say, this was the first time she felt the natural urge to laugh at somebody else's misery which we humans got a word for:
Schadenfreude!
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 10:46   Link #622
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seeing Reiko carry her baby like a bag of potatoes cracks me up every time. Although she treats her baby this way now, she's most likely going to awaken to her maternal instinct at some point. The whole lecture about the selfish gene is obvious foreshadowing, and we've already seen she's starting to gain human emotions. Her character arc is going to be very interesting.

Migi himself seems to be following the same path as her. Perhaps other parasites will follow suit.
Old 2015-01-15, 18:33   Link #623
Mangonel

Shinichi's mental state is certainly deteriorating fast. I think the dates he was having with Murano for a while helped but now I don't think Murano would be in any mood to go out with him. Without those breathers where he can just be human for a while I can only imagine his mental state will start to swirl the toilet bowl fast.

As FlareKnight suggested I wonder if Migi will ultimately suggest coming clean with Murano purely out of a need to rectify the mental state of his host. After all its not good for Migi if Shinichi loses it and just starts going rambo against other parasytes.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 21:52   Link #624
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So the victim has now become the hunter.....

Another great episode. Shinichi's totally losing it and Migi's become more human. Loved it when he and the Parasyte of the guy Shinichi met from the sea confronted the detective.
Old 2015-01-15, 23:14   Link #625
FateAnomaly

I am extremely impressed with the baby ability to shut up on command.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 01:55   Link #626
ndqanh_vn

As usual, Tamiya is the most remarkable parasyte in her endless thirst for knowledge and understanding. She truly gives you the impression that she has always been questioning about her races and their position in Earth. It's interesting, and very "human" in a way. After all, we have been spending a great deal of our time debating similar question. I think it's a very logical development step for a creatures with such a high intelligence.

Of course, when I said the most remarkable parasyte, I am excluding Migi. He really has changed a lot. Even his voice. The change was subtle, and it's so effective. They truly spend a lot of thoughs over such details, which I am very pleased. Even though there's some problem with pacing and animation, it does prove that this anime is handled with care.

Chapter 36 now. They might make it, I hope.

But no new OP? Really Madhouse? Do I have to see that screaming song till the end of the anime?
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 03:29   Link #627
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Did some catch up. Ah, Shinichi kun, how have you sunken, and Tamiya, how you are so alive.

Finally it is here, my favorite arc of the whole series: Shinichi's downward spiral by his own humanity, and Tamiya's ascension in attaining the meaning of life.

How the emotions of the characters are depicted here is top-notch. I think it is finally safe for me to raise my expectation on what is about to come.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 08:15   Link #628
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Seeing Reiko carry her baby like a bag of potatoes cracks me up every time. Although she treats her baby this way now, she's most likely going to awaken to her maternal instinct at some point. The whole lecture about the selfish gene is obvious foreshadowing, and we've already seen she's starting to gain human emotions. Her character arc is going to be very interesting.

Migi himself seems to be following the same path as her. Perhaps other parasites will follow suit.
Why would she though? It's not "hers" (the parasyte's) genes.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 11:37   Link #629
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Why would she though? It's not "hers" (the parasyte's) genes.
Even if the baby hasn't inherited the Parasite's genes, it's still hers. The body she's using now is her own, and she's the one who conceived and gave birth to that baby. There is a clear link between the two of them.
Old 2015-01-16, 11:58   Link #630
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Even if the baby hasn't inherited the Parasite's genes, it's still hers. The body she's using now is her own, and she's the one who conceived and gave birth to that baby. There is a clear link between the two of them.
Even supposing that she grows attached to the baby that couldn't possibly have anything to do with the selfish gene theory. It would rather prove that the reason behind maternal "instinct" is psychological and not biological. The parasyte genes have absolutely nothing to gain from that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 09:19   Link #631
ndqanh_vn

I feel like an idiot for not recognizing that all the episode titles are book titles, while many of them I have read...

The title "Hello Sadness" did remind me of the French novel, but I don't pay much attention to it, as I am not familiar with the English title of that book

The episode of his mom returning home as a parasyte is named "The Stranger", which I feel is really interesting.
Old 2015-01-18, 13:22   Link #632
El psy congoline
kūruna otako is not me

Location: Where you live could mean anything if you mean my residence well........ I'm not sure where I live
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I feel like an idiot for not recognizing that all the episode titles are book titles, while many of them I have read...

The title "Hello Sadness" did remind me of the French novel, but I don't pay much attention to it, as I am not familiar with the English title of that book

The episode of his mom returning home as a parasyte is named "The Stranger", which I feel is really interesting.
You said that the ep titles are book titles do the episodes have any relevance to any of the books either or just names. also has anyone seen the live action paryste if you have what's it like?
El psy congoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 13:26   Link #633
El psy congoline
kūruna otako is not me

Location: Where you live could mean anything if you mean my residence well........ I'm not sure where I live
Quote:
What if shininchi was a female and tried to have a kid as mini migis are in his cells or her cells for an example would the baby be half parasite?
El psy congoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 15:04   Link #634
Mubyoshi

Quote:
But no new OP? Really Madhouse? Do I have to see that screaming song till the end of the anime?
The opening song was the whole reason I even decided to pick up this anime heh. Probably the first anime to do so.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 15:27   Link #635
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by El psy congoline View Post
What if shininchi was a female and tried to have a kid as mini migis are in his cells or her cells for an example would the baby be half parasite?
Difficult question. The mini-migi inside Shinichi are not reproducing themselves so there is a limited amount of them.

The relevant question is whether they are still flowing freely through Shinichi's bloodstream or not, but most likely they are not. They must have settled on various parts of Shinichi's body and enhancing the organs' performances.

It is possible that if Shinichi was female and got pregnant a certain number of the mini-migi would end up in the baby, but it would probably be a lesser amount.

Because they cannot reproduce the baby would definitely not be a half-parasyte, its body would be mainly made up of human cells.

There is still a chance, however, that due to the body-enhancing properties of the mini-migi, the baby would be artificially "perfectly-built" during pregnancy. The brain could also be affected by that.

Old 2015-01-19, 06:16   Link #636
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by El psy congoline View Post
You said that the ep titles are book titles do the episodes have any relevance to any of the books either or just names. also has anyone seen the live action paryste if you have what's it like?
Well, some are obvious: EP 1 Metamorphosis (Kafka), EP 14 The Selfish Gene (Dawkins), some are more subtle and related to details or theme of the book: The Stranger, Hello Sadness, Kokoro. The relevance is vague sometimes, but I think there's connection there between the content of the episodes and theme of those books
Old 2015-01-19, 10:08   Link #637
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Well, some are obvious: EP 1 Metamorphosis (Kafka), EP 14 The Selfish Gene (Dawkins), some are more subtle and related to details or theme of the book: The Stranger, Hello Sadness, Kokoro. The relevance is vague sometimes, but I think there's connection there between the content of the episodes and theme of those books
I didn't realize that they all were book titles either, but that explains why many of them sounded familiar to me, as I've also read some of them.
Old 2015-01-19, 23:53   Link #638
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I didn't realize that they all were book titles either, but that explains why many of them sounded familiar to me, as I've also read some of them.
Me too. I am not the kind of people who would pay much attention to episode titles. it's just the lingering impression that something's oddly familiar. The moment I realize it, it's a "wow" moment for me.

It makes me curious which book would be referenced next. Maybe at the end of the series I would write down the list and try to find whether there's some connection between the content of each episode and the book they take the title from.
Old 2015-01-20, 02:51   Link #639
Forsaken_Infinity

The references that the titles make aren't necessarily relevant to the content of the episode. The titles sort of make sense for the episodes themselves but some of the literature referenced is very different from the theme of the episode and even the show overall.

As for the whole gene discussion, is there any indication that the parasytes don't, in fact, come to share or takeover their hosts' genes as their own? I thought the whole point of experimenting with creating a baby was to figure / point that out. Since she could successfully give birth to an offspring, is it really not the case that the offspring is rather literally carrying her genes at this point? I would take offense if she goes all maternal anytime soon but that's more on a character development front than anything else.

Also, the baby looks to be at least about a year old already??? No indication of Shinichi moving through his school years though???
Old 2015-01-20, 08:32   Link #640
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
As for the whole gene discussion, is there any indication that the parasytes don't, in fact, come to share or takeover their hosts' genes as their own? I thought the whole point of experimenting with creating a baby was to figure / point that out. Since she could successfully give birth to an offspring, is it really not the case that the offspring is rather literally carrying her genes at this point?
When Tamura Reiko first told Shinichi that she had sex with "A" and got pregnant she asked him what would the baby in her womb be. Migi promptly answered without a doubt that the baby would be human. Tamura Reiko agreed.

I don't think that the experiment has ever been about the nature of the baby since both her and Migi from the beginning thought that it would be human, rather I think that Reiko wants to experiment how much it's feasible for parasytes to raise and foster human children. She might be thinking that perhaps they can "grow" and "cultivate" their own food.

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence