Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-31, 05:52   Link #35641
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You have "no time" to use actual arguments, so you pull a Godwin? Classy.
Realistic, after realising that I hadn't even managed to answer half the points he picked to discuss.

Quote:
Austerity may be bad, but how are they going to pay for anything else? How are they going to pay for anything? That's what it comes down to.
Joshka Fischer @ The Guardian: Angela Merkel must accept that her austerity policy is now in tatters
Old 2015-01-31, 05:55   Link #35642
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Realistic, after realising that I hadn't even managed to answer half the points he picked to discuss.
And just shutting up didn't occur to you?

That's not actually an answer. Do you realize that?
Old 2015-01-31, 07:20   Link #35643
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
And just shutting up didn't occur to you?
That would be very convenient, now wouldn't it

Quote:
That's not actually an answer. Do you realize that?
Default, Russia, or Neo-nazis... these are the options not just for Greeks, but most Europeans have should the German fiscal policies imposed abroad remain.
Old 2015-01-31, 09:56   Link #35644
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Thai 'confidence' in anti-trafficking record belied by statistics
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0L31DZ20150130

Republican Romney opts out of 2016 run for president
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0L30F820150130

Venezuela confirms shooting down small plane near Aruba
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0L32CN20150130
Old 2015-01-31, 10:22   Link #35645
AmeNoJaku

Today's anti-austerity march in Madrid (@BBC, @TheGuardian)
Old 2015-01-31, 11:40   Link #35646
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That would be very convenient, now wouldn't it
For everyone involved, it'd certainly be better than saying "You're German, so you're wrong, because Hitler."
Old 2015-01-31, 12:04   Link #35647
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
For everyone involved, it'd certainly be better than saying "You're German, so you're wrong, because Hitler."
Like Joschka Fischer and Gregor Gysi; since my opinion can be better explained by Germans
Old 2015-01-31, 14:54   Link #35648
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

You do realize these two are the political opposition to the current german government?
They will disagree with Merkel as a matter of principle.
It's hard to find an unbiased view on the matter, but german politicians are certainly a bad choice.
Old 2015-01-31, 15:50   Link #35649
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Besides... Let's say Syriza proves you can't force Greece to live within its mean and stop being a hotbed of corruption and tax evasion. That still doesn't prove you can force Germany to bankroll that lifestyle.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:07   Link #35650
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0L40VA20150131

Just drop the Iraqi woman out of a Jordanian Air Force plane without a parachute I say. And by the way, I hope Western countries will hunt ISIS people like they hunted Nazis from first to last decades ago.

Can I also say...

...about those animals while we are at it?

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-01-31 at 19:02.
Old 2015-01-31, 22:08   Link #35651
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The Jordanian government said they'll execute the ISIS prisoner if the pilot is killed by them.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-02-01, 03:05   Link #35652
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
You do realize these two are the political opposition to the current german government?
They will disagree with Merkel as a matter of principle.
It's hard to find an unbiased view on the matter, but german politicians are certainly a bad choice.
Politicians, like Merkel? I hear you, but that's what make a democracy work. It allows opposing voices to be heard, and mitigates the responsibility of choice to the citizens, instead of kings, feudal lords and bankers. In eurozone fiscal policy is not defined by the majority, but lenders, be it banks or one wealthy state.

Quote:
Besides... Let's say Syriza proves you can't force Greece to live within its mean and stop being a hotbed of corruption and tax evasion. That still doesn't prove you can force Germany to bankroll that lifestyle.
So any state that has a deficit means that it "lives" beyond its means

And Greece is a "hotbed of corruption", yet Germany didn't expedite those Siemens and Thysen executives involved in it.

Meanwhile on another continent: Barbarians videotape another beheading and threaten with more brutality, unless humanitarian aid ceases.
Old 2015-02-01, 03:24   Link #35653
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. If the Japanese want to test the limits of what their Self Defense Forces can and cannot do in Asia, this would be a good place to start.
Old 2015-02-01, 03:51   Link #35654
solomon

I'm living in Japan now.

Going by the media, there is NO APPETITE for putting the SDF in the Middle East from the average joe blow.

Japanese I think are still wrapping their heads around the fact that OH SHIT THIS MIDDLE EAST CRAP IS ACTUALLY AFFECTING US! Just what I think.

Another thing I think......

Any economics nerds out there? Especially any that actually understands the pending Trans-Pacific-Partnership between Japan the US and a bunch of other countries?

Because while hangups of beef imports, agriculture, car and electronic manufacturing are big stories in Japan Business news, I see ABSOLUTELY NO MAJOR COVERAGE OF IT IN AMERICAN MEDIA.

That to me, is REALLY STRANGE.
Old 2015-02-01, 03:58   Link #35655
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So any state that has a deficit means that it "lives" beyond its means
No, but any country that threatens to default does.

Quote:
And Greece is a "hotbed of corruption", yet Germany didn't expedite those Siemens and Thysen executives involved in it.
Greece should look after itself. It's a sovereign country, is it not? It doesn't want to be governed and administered by Germany, does it?
Old 2015-02-01, 04:44   Link #35656
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I'm living in Japan now.

Going by the media, there is NO APPETITE for putting the SDF in the Middle East from the average joe blow.

Japanese I think are still wrapping their heads around the fact that OH SHIT THIS MIDDLE EAST CRAP IS ACTUALLY AFFECTING US! Just what I think.

Another thing I think......

Any economics nerds out there? Especially any that actually understands the pending Trans-Pacific-Partnership between Japan the US and a bunch of other countries?

Because while hangups of beef imports, agriculture, car and electronic manufacturing are big stories in Japan Business news, I see ABSOLUTELY NO MAJOR COVERAGE OF IT IN AMERICAN MEDIA.

That to me, is REALLY STRANGE.
It is called alternative sources. My country does it with the labour sector all the time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-02-01, 05:00   Link #35657
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well. If the Japanese want to test the limits of what their Self Defense Forces can and cannot do in Asia, this would be a good place to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I'm living in Japan now.

Which is very logical, when psychopaths gathered from all over the world brag about beheading a journalist and a negotiator on the basis of corrupting their "ideals" by paying for medicine and food for their people, and are willing let them live if they are paid 200M or give them back a bomber intending to kill dozens... of course you want to stay as far away as possible.

Japan may not have the most rational faction of the LDP-oligarchy currently, but even they are not so... adventurous, to put it politely.

Also, this is not directly related to the post-WW2 crisis in Palestine. The groups there are a direct result of American and Soviet interventions in the greater regions 3-4 decades ago (@BBC).

Quote:
No, but any country that threatens to default does.
Indeed if it sent the debt-to-GDP from 120% into 180% by creditors, like Germany, ECB and IMF. What do you expect, not exit eurozone and default? Particularly when it is blackmailed by the same parties that created this disaster.

Quote:
Greece should look after itself. It's a sovereign country, is it not? It doesn't want to be governed and administered by Germany, does it?
For 5 years, it's fiscal policy was dictated by the troika.

Now let be clear on something. I am not supporting in any way that that the Greek voters are not to blame, they paid for 3 decades of mistakes dearly back in 2010, when the country defaulted (in reality, not technically). But what happened over the next 5 years they are not to blame, rather those that ruled the country Germany, ECB and IMF. They took a very bad situation and managed to made it even worse for all Europeans and an utter disaster for Greeks.

Now that the Greeks elected a government promising to deal with the structural problems of the country, everyone freaks out, blackmails and threatens. I can understand this reaction from conservatives in Germany and Spain, as well as from bankers, since they created and sustained the crisis across the continent, and benefit from it, but not from anyone else, who not to the degree that Greeks do, yet still suffer the consequences.

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2015-02-01 at 05:11.
Old 2015-02-01, 06:44   Link #35658
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is called alternative sources. My country does it with the labour sector all the time.
Well I look at world wide news sources if that counts for anything.

And what country do you live in? Do you mean that the media goes easy on the labor sector? I hear that is sorta the situation in France hence the rapid rise of BFM TV news channel.
Old 2015-02-01, 07:03   Link #35659
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Indeed if it sent the debt-to-GDP from 120% into 180% by creditors, like Germany, ECB and IMF. What do you expect, not exit eurozone and default? Particularly when it is blackmailed by the same parties that created this disaster.

For 5 years, it's fiscal policy was dictated by the troika.
If they believed that fiscal policy (which they didn't apply) was going against Greece's interests, they should have told them to take a hike. Sovereign country, remember? Oh, wait, they couldn't, because they wanted to borrow even more money. Because they were living beyond their means and wanted to keep doing so.

Quote:
Now that the Greeks elected a government promising to deal with the structural problems of the country, everyone freaks out, blackmails and threatens. I can understand this reaction from conservatives in Germany and Spain, as well as from bankers, since they created and sustained the crisis across the continent, and benefit from it, but not from anyone else, who not to the degree that Greeks do, yet still suffer the consequences.
They promised to spend even more, and made no move indicating they'd get more income.
Old 2015-02-01, 07:14   Link #35660
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31079369

Conspiracy theorists in Japan are saying JSDF forces may be deployed overseas for anti-terror role.

Some criticize showing the video to terrorize the public. Otherwise, Goto family released statement.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international