5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-04, 08:40   Link #21
Wandering Soul

So not only does Shia offer to build Sekai a gunpla but both Shia and Gyanko claim to be members of Try Fighters. Sekai really does have quite the harem ability

Since Sei is well known and famous it makes sense that people would take after his ideas. The triplets took after his absorb system and improved it. We learned more about assimilation and it is sort of like a personal Trans Am.

Didn't expect this fight to be a two parter which makes me slightly concerned about the pacing. Yuuma is honestly so scared of ghost he jumped into Sekai's arm
Old 2015-02-04, 08:44   Link #22
Raso

That was way too many flashbacks for a to be continued at the end. Man I have massive issues when they pad like that, especially for a 25~ episode series.
Old 2015-02-04, 08:58   Link #23
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Liked this more than last weeks episode. Though the character designs took a bit of a dip?

First half was alright, but I liked how they set up Try Fighters to be in a pinch again. Yuuma was also hilarious. Awesome moment for Fumina to show not to underestimate Star Winning. Next week looks fun with SD-R's Mobile Armor. Sekai needs to punch it apart.

I don't mind it being a cliffhanger. More focus to the battle with the MA.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 09:04   Link #24
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Oh hey... am I the only one who doesn't really like the dynamics between the characters in this show? Too many girls interested in the male lead causing constant, boring time wasting on scenes of jealousy, a love interest in the main trio making team dynamics a bit meh, not helped by the constant bickering between Yuuma and Sekai.
I just don't feel this. Their team dynamics feel so awkward. (I miss Reiji and Sei)
Tbh, I've always kind of felt that the characters lack the charm of the first season's characters, but brushed it off... ugh, this episode really proved that it does lessen my enjoyment of the show.
At this point, I noticed that I was hoping Shia would just become the serious love interest so we can focus on more interesting things. :/

Otherwise, not a bad but hardly a spectacular episode. We all know these opponents are just fodder and they're not particularly interesting. We'll see if they have some kind of surprise to make things more interesting in part 2.
Old 2015-02-04, 09:31   Link #25
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Oh hey... am I the only one who doesn't really like the dynamics between the characters in this show? Too many girls interested in the male lead causing constant, boring time wasting on scenes of jealousy, a love interest in the main trio making team dynamics a bit meh, not helped by the constant bickering between Yuuma and Sekai.
Me! The romance feels forced.

Anyway, I liked this episode BUT

>three headed dragon gunpla
>using Rodan's roar instead of King Ghidorah's

I am filled with disappointment.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 09:41   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Why it has to be a dragon where they could combine their SD Gundams into a cerberus, since they're expies of the Renato Bros.?
Maybe they are fans of King Ghidorah?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-02-04, 09:45   Link #27
tsunade666

The fight is kinda boring with the way they make Yuuma looks stupid because of ghost. But the shuraba at first part is fun the enemy is underestimating the ability of winning gundam.
Old 2015-02-04, 10:01   Link #28
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I just don't feel this. Their team dynamics feel so awkward. (I miss Reiji and Sei)
Tbh, I've always kind of felt that the characters lack the charm of the first season's characters, but brushed it off... ugh, this episode really proved that it does lessen my enjoyment of the show.
At this point, I noticed that I was hoping Shia would just become the serious love interest so we can focus on more interesting things. :/

Otherwise, not a bad but hardly a spectacular episode. We all know these opponents are just fodder and they're not particularly interesting. We'll see if they have some kind of surprise to make things more interesting in part 2.
You are the weird one. Sekai building his harem is the best part in the show.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 10:15   Link #29
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
^This

We haven't had a good harem in Gundam for a long time
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 10:17   Link #30
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I would love it if they took that out all the character trying to vie for Sekai's attention. The first season had much better character dynamic with everyone. Here, Shia trying to get Sekai's affection feels forced. With Reiji and Aila there was a chemistry that developed over time.

Still good show.
Old 2015-02-04, 10:20   Link #31
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
^This

We haven't had a good harem in Gundam for a long time
Yeah. It's fun. Makes for good comedy.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 10:58   Link #32
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

LOL. It started with Gyanko and Shia declaration being 'another' Try Fighters member to SD-R members.
Pretty much simplified the current approach rank: Shia is the current lead (active yet the final boss team member), followed by Gyanko, with Fumina stuck in the last place despite being the closest female to Sekai (his own teammate--poor her); LOL. Gyanko cares more about Gyan reputation rather than her name.

As far as we know, Shia is attracted to Sekai because he's strong (second reason) and had 'beautiful' Gunpla (first reason).
Well, looking at her brother skill--leading Gunpla Academy to reach winning streak, I'm sure her standard for boyfriend must be high (Sekai is lucky. LOL)

It's understandable why Try Fighters chose to enter the castle. First, Fumina think they'll be fast enough to reach castle before the enemies;
Second, even if we said "just use the phoenix attack to blew up everything", Try Burning need particle charge (the output will be one-hand phoenix attack used in Episode 15), more time (or to be precise, more 'morale' needed) for full assimilation (the high-scale phoenix attack used against Wilfrid). SD-R can just use the forest since they're fight in night setting (I'm pretty sure they also prepared if something like that happens); they had absorb system installed and also ready to 'snap' Try Burning despite knowing what will happen to Sekai.

Looking at castle interior, my guess, this castle is brought from SD World?

As for how Yuuma afraid of ghosts, I'm fine with it (preview tell it after all ...).
This is the first time we got 'haunted castle' stage, so it's fun to watch how an arena is really unexpected for him (since mostly we got space, town and desert in Gundam). I laughed so hard seeing Lightning lose it's coolness in instant, especially when it jumped to Try Burning because the pilot is too scared.

I can understand why SD-R underestimate Star Winning.
It's output is lower than the other two, and if you look closely at SD-R data presentation, Winning stats growth is low.
Good thing Fumina didn't go all out in previous match, leaving Star Winning true potential unknown to anyone but herself.

Seven years time-skip, after Trans-Am now the absorb system in U-19 national tournament--
A three-headed dragon with particle absorb ability ... How many physical weapons Try Fighters had?

It's nice to see Allan explanation in the end; really feels like 'PPSE' is still the villain even seven years after GBF.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 12:04   Link #33
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I wasn't ready for all that jelly

Good episode overall. Loved the humor of Sekai's harem shenanigans. Also like the versatility of Star Winning's funnels. They really need to make a regular/non-SD version of it.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 12:15   Link #34
Beefsquatch

Great humor, but the fights were meh. I really hated how they pulled the two parter on us.

Maybe next week will be the 1/144 version of Star Winning?
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 13:06   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, feel they could have cut most of the humor out after they got into the match and just had this match be a one episode thing. Doesn't seem like it was that needed to stretch this into two parts.

In Hoshino's favor was Shia basically getting dropped to Gyanko level there. Playing things pretty straight, it going over Sekai's head, and both of them with the bit about forgetting they aren't members of Try Fighters . While a harem comedy moment, kind of cemented Hoshino going to come out on top in this.

Seems like for the second time the strategist pairs were too busy focusing on Yuuma and Sekai and completely ignored Hoshino. Seems like a safe bet she'll go and win this match for them next week after doing a good job saving the day this time. Her gunpla doesn't appear to be extremely powerful, but she's really quite good at loading her unit with tricks and creative uses.
Old 2015-02-04, 14:16   Link #36
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Triplets underestimated Star Winning as being the same but added Funnels.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 19:36   Link #37
MartianMage

it's kinda amusing how those 3 SD gundams combined into something so big
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 20:21   Link #38
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Is no one going to state how one of the SD-Rs literally enlarged itself during the transformation? That end scene blatantly showed the SD in question, which formed the dragon's body, being much larger than the Try Fighters' units.
Old 2015-02-04, 22:09   Link #39
Yan3242

Some people forgot that this is lighthearted show not serious show, enjoyed so much for this episode, sekai being innocent harem leader, shia the aggresive sly fox, gyanko the straightforward and fumina the closet shy type, all i can say is perfect if minato was there iam sure he would be crying so hard

As for the fight, i know its for plot and action but......

Storming the enemy "camping" place where vision and mobility is limited and a whole bunch of trap from the front gate is not wise at all if it me i just blast the side wall or just bombard the castle until it got decent room to maneuver especially if your kit is like lightning where mobility is his primary asset.

Or you know, just tell sekai to use his moon destroyer attack that should level the whole castle i guess
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 22:16   Link #40
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
It's understandable why Try Fighters chose to enter the castle. First, Fumina think they'll be fast enough to reach castle before the enemies;
Second, even if we said "just use the phoenix attack to blew up everything", Try Burning need particle charge (the output will be one-hand phoenix attack used in Episode 15), more time (or to be precise, more 'morale' needed) for full assimilation (the high-scale phoenix attack used against Wilfrid). SD-R can just use the forest since they're fight in night setting (I'm pretty sure they also prepared if something like that happens); they had absorb system installed and also ready to 'snap' Try Burning despite knowing what will happen to Sekai.
Judging from the all the setups though, the enemies started there, or very close2

They dont even need to use the Phoenix attack (which have little to no charge time really, and as we saw in the episode Sekai can assimilate at will now), though it is strong enough to obliterate the moon, the Lightning and Winning have more than enough firepower to do the job. Heck, they dont even need to completely destroy it, they just need to cave it in.

Heck they could even wait out the 15 minutes and force a 1v1 battle to settle it, which is much more crippling to the enemy team then it is to them (not gonna happen because its an action anime lol, but Im just saying)

Fighting at night is no issue for either team actually, they all got night-vision sensors anyways

The forest is also so much better than a castle, which has tight predictable and mappable corridors (setups are so easy here). At least in the forest you have so much more options in where you can move, and the trees actually can serve as your shields/cover. Sekai could also burn down the damn forest with the Phoenix attack and make the battlefield open terrain too.

So yeah, Try fighters could have thought this out much better

Regardless, they're blowing up the castle next episode anyways judging from the preview lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote