AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-02, 11:15   Link #2621
Namorax

I had the impression that Whitebrim designed the clothes for ALL the maids, not just the 5 battlemaids. Attributing Pleiades solely to him feels kinda wrong, since he was only mentioned having fussed about their clothes.
It appears to me that all the maids were some kind of community-project where every guildmember was invited to chip in and as a result some members were more involved in the creation of a specific maid than others
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:33   Link #2622
Sarka

I see th e story mention tbese former guild members alot. I wonder if Ainz will ever see them again.
Sarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:49   Link #2623
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarka View Post
I see th e story mention tbese former guild members alot. I wonder if Ainz will ever see them again.
Horrible, horrible spoiler and foreshadowing.
Spoiler:
Xarunai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 13:07   Link #2624
human6861

There are 41 maid ... i think most of the maid are level 1 . All they clothes design by Whitebrim.
Momonga get his hand on Yuri Alpha making. He like matured and glasses women lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarunai View Post
Horrible, horrible spoiler and foreshadowing.
Spoiler:
Don't worry , evil always finds a way .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 16:13   Link #2625
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
Someone should put this on a T-shirt
Preferably an overlord T-shirt with ainz in the middle.
Old 2015-02-02, 16:15   Link #2626
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

we just have to hope Anz memorize the 100 rules for Evil Overlords.
Old 2015-02-02, 17:02   Link #2627
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
we just have to hope Anz memorize the 100 rules for Evil Overlords.
Albedo's boobs on the cover of the Evil Overlord handbook and we're good.

Poor WN ainz, no poontang : < no wonder he's way eviler in that incarnation. The author probably tossed albedo in the LN to sate his non-existent perverted tendencies.
Old 2015-02-02, 22:43   Link #2628
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Albedo's boobs on the cover of the Evil Overlord handbook and we're good.

Poor WN ainz, no poontang : < no wonder he's way eviler in that incarnation. The author probably tossed albedo in the LN to sate his non-existent perverted tendencies.
No Albedo in WN?
Old 2015-02-02, 22:48   Link #2629
travelingbum

of course no Albedo in the WN.

and of course LN Ainz is more evil than WN Ainz.
LN Ainz has a lower education and poorer family background so he's more biased and stuff.

and of course there be others that also had their evil increased.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 00:36   Link #2630
tpnguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
There are 41 maid ... i think most of the maid are level 1 . All they clothes design by Whitebrim.
Momonga get his hand on Yuri Alpha making. He like matured and glasses women lol.

How about Ainz got killed but his son (with Albedo ? ) lives on => Re;Overlord
Old 2015-02-03, 00:47   Link #2631
human6861

More like his soul will travel to ream of death and return with the help of his minions .
To a lich , soul is matter , not the body .
Old 2015-02-03, 00:48   Link #2632
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpnguyen View Post
How about Ainz got killed but his son (with Albedo ? ) lives on => Re;Overlord
I see what you did there. The game overlord had the same premise.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 00:52   Link #2633
obnuchious

should Ainz die but his soul was saved by his minions... though it would be 'against' the characterization of the MC, it would be beneficial for them if they give him a more 'fleshy' body while at the same time using his 'boney' flesh as materials for his new body...
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 01:14   Link #2634
steam fish

from what i saw of pandora actor, is it likely he may rebel against ainz? and if he does what are the chances of it succeeding?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 01:25   Link #2635
human6861

There always have % that NPCs go rebel cause by mind control effect , so the % never go to 0.
If he do , the change he win is pretty high since guild have world class item that even Ainz may get 1 hit kill them them.
Old 2015-02-03, 08:25   Link #2636
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
from what i saw of pandora actor, is it likely he may rebel against ainz? and if he does what are the chances of it succeeding?
I really want to make a long post about what i think drives the NPCs.

Pandora is the exact opposite of what you just described. I don't want to spoil his part in v3 but he's very different from the rest of the NPCs in nazzarick. Being Ainz's creation he's really the best suited to serve and understand mr. Overlord.

And
Spoiler:

That should give you enough insight in how complex this apparently childish character is.
Old 2015-02-03, 08:45   Link #2637
vivaldi_in_tropical

Quote:
I really want to make a long post about what i think drives the NPCs.

Pandora is the exact opposite of what you just described. I don't want to spoil his part in v3 but he's very different from the rest of the NPCs in nazzarick. Being Ainz's creation he's really the best suited to serve and understand mr. Overlord.

And
Spoiler:

That should give you enough insight in how complex this apparently childish character is.
i wonder what will happen if he know that he being as he is already put his master in torture. as the setting has already been made will he able to change it ?

anyway if there's no albedo in wn did he act as a overlord by himself ? because the other guardian seems respect albedo to a degree of some kind of ainz right hand because that's just how much ainz trusted her and being an overseer too has an effect to most of the character in it. i can't imagine ainz playing as a overlord without albedo.
vivaldi_in_tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 08:56   Link #2638
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
of course no Albedo in the WN.

and of course LN Ainz is more evil than WN Ainz.
LN Ainz has a lower education and poorer family background so he's more biased and stuff.

and of course there be others that also had their evil increased.
Pardon my lack of articulation in my post where i compared LN and WN Ainz, but i don't necessarily believe LN Ainz to be eviler than WN Ainz, only goofier and more incompetent. As you've said his inferior education and familial bonds, or lack there of may have been a significant factor to his controversial behavior.

Since i've made a long dried out post about WN and LN Ainz already i'm just going to summarize what i believe to be the main points in each fictional representations.

WN Ainz, from my point of view, is anything but moral. He's more assertive and focused on his task which leads to a more controlled evil. And although both WN and LN are very similar in many ways we clearly see that WN Ainz is much more responsible and capable than his LN counterpart, even if it's for the wrong reasons.

LN Ainz on the other hands deals more overall damage by his incompetence(which is why he may seem less morally sound, but isn't). He's less assertive, more of a hot head, even with his lich mind and he's also less inclined to take responsibility for his actions. Sometimes he even forgets to clean up his own mess and it's played for laughs.

I could argue that making LN Ainz and the LN in general more comedy oriented was the author's choice to string up more audience, and it's obviously working. Making him the bad guy where his own actions cause mass destruction by accident or by outside forces beyond his control make him more relatable, or, dare i say it, sympathizable.

The less than stellar education he's been portrayed as having in the LN should also be a shoutout to the every man. We as the audience do not need higher eduction to end up as overlords, or to make the same mistakes Ainz is making.

I hope i've made myself a little more clear about why i think that the WN is a tad darker and grittier than the LN and why the WN incarnation of Ainz is, in fact, less of a grey goat and more of a black wolf.
Old 2015-02-03, 09:05   Link #2639
Xarunai
Overlord's little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldi_in_tropical View Post
i wonder what will happen if he know that he being as he is already put his master in torture. as the setting has already been made will he able to change it ?

anyway if there's no albedo in wn did he act as a overlord by himself ? because the other guardian seems respect albedo to a degree of some kind of ainz right hand because that's just how much ainz trusted her and being an overseer too has an effect to most of the character in it. i can't imagine ainz playing as a overlord without albedo.
Demiurge was the original lieutenant. If you'll go and browse the first volume again you'll notice that they changed the setting so Demiurge and Albedo are "working together" in logistics and other things throughout Nazzarick. You'll also notice Demi giving Albedo advice about what Ainz "apparently" likes or dislikes. He's just as active in organizing NPCs as Albedo is with the guardians, if not more so. We just don't see him wearing his official title.

Also because the genre changed slightly in the LN, shenanigans and misunderstandings are predisposed to happen in the LN. Of course they're present in the WN too, just...not so soon and not so blatantly often.
Old 2015-02-05, 01:26   Link #2640
NP-3228

Just read teh third chapter of the manga overlord. They really butchered it. T.T Art was bad enough but they then had to fast forward everything and make crap fighting scenes and crappy magic effects and simplified straight-to-the-point dialogue. Pretty much volume one is condensed into 4-5 chapters for around 140 pages. Also Abeldo nvr shows her face for some reason in teh chapter, their attempt at humor -.- Im sure she shows it in the ln. o.O
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination