AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 17 25.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 32.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-08, 04:34   Link #101
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
What smile?
i took it as a creepier smile. might need to re-watch that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Well, it's not like they can really punish Inaho even if they found out. I mean, he's had to have earned enough merit to cover for this. Plus, who else is going to figure out a way to beat each Martian "Kat..something..phrat"?
No, they can still strip him of his rank and lower his privileges. what he did is treason.

no matter how much his merits are, what he did is still treason.

I just think he should've gone over his plan with the main crew of battleship yamato before doing anything.

it setting up for some drama/potential betrayal.
Old 2015-02-08, 04:47   Link #102
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
i took it as a creepier smile. might need to re-watch that part.

No, they can still strip him of his rank and lower his privileges. what he did is treason.

no matter how much his merits are, what he did is still treason.

I just think he should've gone over his plan with the main crew of battleship yamato before doing anything.

it setting up for some drama/potential betrayal.
I didn't see any smile when I watched it. Though, I did thought a smile would appear at that moment, one of those anime cliche, but there was only a frowny face.

And yes, if you did something, you must be punished no matter what your merits or rank are. That is how army is suppose to work.

I keep seeing people saying "how are they gonna win without Inaho?"
Well if they can't win without one soldier then they deserve to lose. Maybe they should learn to gather some intel or try to form a strategy.
Old 2015-02-08, 04:49   Link #103
Raziel1991

Yeah, I do think there is going to be a subplot involving Inaho and Rayet being court-martialed too.

Last edited by Raziel1991; 2015-02-08 at 06:13.
Old 2015-02-08, 05:04   Link #104
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

I must've imagined it. oh well. need to re-watch anyway.

I don't think slaine gonna get punished anytime soon. he's putting himself up as the final boss afterall or minion of the final boss.

think the martian king just gonna croak and the fake real princess will take over.

comatose princess will probably be the one to punish slaine mentally anyway.
Old 2015-02-08, 05:08   Link #105
Raziel1991

Quote:
I don't think slaine gonna get punished anytime soon. he's putting himself up as the final boss afterall or minion of the final boss.
I think so too. I personally feel like the two xenophobic counts are too dumb to be the final boss of the anime and I think its too late to introduce a "main villain" in the series.
Old 2015-02-08, 05:11   Link #106
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
I think so too. I personally feel like the two xenophobic counts are too dumb to be the final boss of the anime and I think its too late to introduce a "main villain" in the series.
I feel the counts will have a purpose in being the fake real princesses minions once she takes over the throne after emperor in bed is ded.

she might start to idk become power hungry and crazy. she starting to seem like it after a little convincing from said idiot counts.

slaine just being a creepier in almost every definition of the word.

i just realized slaine turning into a yandere.

Last edited by DemiDomo; 2015-02-08 at 05:34.
Old 2015-02-08, 05:43   Link #107
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Now it all makes sense. Saazbaum wanted fried chicken, Slaine wanted his birds alive. He had no other choice than to kill him.

I never thought of it that way, now everything adds up!
Old 2015-02-08, 06:10   Link #108
Raziel1991

Quote:
i just realized slaine turning into a yandere.
I think so too. Everyone in Vers except the princess treated him in a terrible way. It would make sense for him to be overattached to Asseylum and that overattachment could easily turn him into a yandere.
Old 2015-02-08, 06:17   Link #109
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
I think so too. Everyone in Vers except the princess treated him in a terrible way. It would make sense for him to be overattached to Asseylum and that overattachment could easily turn him into a yandere.
not to mention inaho was getting all of princess asseylum attention.

then slaine went full yandere on him too.
Old 2015-02-08, 09:14   Link #110
Xeiros

Slaine's position of power is going to start to fall apart next episode. You can count on it. His web of lies with which the main foundation his current success currently relies could fall apart like so many dominoes.

Lemrina could reveal herself/be revealed to Vers as an imposter which would immediately prompt questions as to the real one's whereabouts. It would cast serious doubt on him when they realized everything their princess had done and said in the past X months had been lies.

Should Asseylum wake up, and you just know she will eventually, how will Slaine explain to her that they'd stolen her identity and had been using her name and image to help promote the slaughter of Terans for the war effort. I'm sure she'll be super pleased about that. Slaine better hope she wakes up with amnesia.

Imagine when Slaine's late adoptive father, the hero who saved their beloved princess's life is revealed to Vers at large to in fact be not only the one who put her in a coma and was both the direct and indirect cause of nearly all attempts on her life, but the mastermind behind the war itself. Slaine's was working with him?! He's been using the princess, going against everything she stands for to further his own ends while she's in a coma?! What a swell guy! Oh Slaine you lovable scamp you! We could never hate or turn on you!

Average Vers solider on learning all of this ... Wait! So the Terans didn't try to kill the princess? It was us? I haven't been achieving righteous justice in her name as I slaughtered them? Everything I've been fighting for has been a lie? The princess actually wants peace and open cooperation between us and I've been going against everything she stands for? The entire foundation behind my irrational hatred of Terans no longer holds any weight.

Oh yes indeed it's coming and when the shit hits the fan it's going to be glorious. Inaho himself is already aware of the vast majority of the above. Again it's not a matter of if, but when. If Slaine and Inaho both manage to survive this series, I'll be quite surprised. I can easily see both of them biting it by the time this is over.

Last edited by Xeiros; 2015-02-08 at 18:15.
Old 2015-02-08, 09:16   Link #111
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well, Slaine hate circle jerk.

We could interpret lot of thing as creepy. For one, Inaho checking girl's weight can be seen as creepy, but lot of people seem to see that his "charm".
Oh? Pointing out how creepy was Slain is now considered as hate circle? It is nice to live in your own little world.

and you are stretching HARD to put Inaho in a bad light with that statement. I am pretty sure people here are intelligent enough to tell who was more creepy in these 2 scenarios.

Old 2015-02-08, 09:21   Link #112
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

That move by Inaho is considered treasonous offense. Though I think Darzana would let it slip because, hey, it's Inaho.

Oh, finally a Count that isn't a racist prick. And judging by his name, his ancestor is definitely Polish.
Old 2015-02-08, 09:23   Link #113
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Oh? Pointing out how creepy was Slain is now considered as hate circle? It is nice to live in your own little world.

and you are stretching HARD to put Inaho in a bad light with that statement. I am pretty sure people here are intelligent enough to tell who was more creepy in these 2 scenarios.

Nice personal attack dude, you really convinced me with your argument.
Old 2015-02-08, 09:47   Link #114
Arya

Come on guys, it seems clear the writers love to troll the audience each time Slaine is in Asseylum's chamber The show want people of the opposite factions to keep their distance from each other, it is just that. So far there's no creepy nor yandere mode I can sense of in the slightest, despite I also got trolled for a moment there.
The caged bird imagery, as already pointed out, is in reference to both Asseylum and Lemrina. They are both actually caged, but for different reasons we still have to confirm (mostly about Asseylum's true conditions). The only thing I can say is that Slaine is taking advantage of both in different ways, Lemrina's power and Asseylum's image. But is unconfirmed Slaine is still using Asseylum image after Saazbaum's dismiss.

Well, enough of it, let me say I liked this episode a lot, probably one of the best, if not the best so far. Mostly because we finally could see the Deucalion's ship crew for once. Inko deserves more screen time, but glad Rayet had the spotlight, her interaction with Inaho confirmed the chemistry they always had from the get-go. She is the perfect wing-woman for Inaho and more. And Inaho is doing a good job in trying to make her go over her whole issue. Keep telling her "you are not" was cute.
Instead I didn't like much Yuki, despite they had to make her say that line, since we heard it back during the break season, that was the worst moment. They sacrificed a sibling quarrel that potentially could have been gold as that flashback making Yuki look unreasonable. I understand she is worried but they are supposed to have already had this conversation, so why? Well, obviously to let Inaho say, what was obvious, he wants Seylum back

I also liked how he dealt with the count. We already know at this point that Inaho is really good in judging people, I already wrote about that in the previous episode thread, and I'm glad that the show confirmed that this episode.
It's also interesting that each person Inaho granted his trust somehow became trusted persons. Asseylum and Rayet and now probably this count, not surely, but there's high chances.
Also the shaking hands moment was quite powerful in portraying in a single frame Inaho's essence.
Instead on the other front Slaine has to deal with everyone in the exact opposite way.
Both are trying to build their path, where Slaine seems to have covered much more distance his path is unstable and Inaho is far behind but his stones seem well-planted.

Side note, the hinted problems Inaho could have if he pushes to much his eye. It reminded of VVV, too. Hopefully given we know which kind of show we are making reference to, the writers will avoid to repeat the same mistake.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-08, 10:11   Link #115
Irenesharda

Did anyone else other than me notice something really strange about the animation this time? I mean, it seemed weird that the entire episode the shots concentrated a lot on body parts, anywhere but the face. We got constant shots of boots shifting, legs, torsos, etc. But not a lot on faces. And the times they were looking at faces or kats, the animation looked uneven. Was it the budget, or were they just trying something new?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-08, 10:35   Link #116
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think they have to introduce another foe persay, there's really enough conflict with this war. This isn't a shonen battle series. There wasn't some greater foe that allowed Athrun and Kira to work together, the main problem was the war and that both sides sucked. It's not impossible that the rest of this series is really more or less politics and maneuvering during battles.
If you are talking about SEED, than it have nothing to do with greater villain since Kira Leave alliance when he got FREEDOM (Before Blue Cosmos or Rau show his true face)
and decide to fight both side since unlike AZ where only Martian want to kill every single earthing or enslave them, in SEED, both side want to kill each other till last man standing
(And I am not just talking about the leaders)
Old 2015-02-08, 10:43   Link #117
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
not to mention inaho was getting all of princess asseylum attention.

then slaine went full yandere on him too.
This post made me lmao. Its so true though.

---------------------------
Btw, @Slaine moments in chamber being tagged as creepy, I'm one of those who agree. He never has a casual/uneventful moment in there, he always does something that others(audience) can interpret as creepy when he's in that chamber and thus, I choose to label those moments as creepy.

Lets look back shall we, whenever he has free time, he secludes himself away in that chamber (ie: He has no life). We also saw him casually chatting with her on a few occasions and now we have him even predicting what she'll say in certain situations when he says something (That conversation about birds). -_-
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2015-02-08, 10:58   Link #118
Arya

ehehe, as I said, they are portraying him with a bit of ambiguity just to troll us. Until I won't see him laughing and crying over the tank rolling his eyes, I won't buy it. But it is hilarious nonetheless.

Ah, I forgot to say about Inaho behavior being left without consequences, that I could see him being brought before the miltary court, having Marito (at least he would do something) as defender and Marge's XO as prosecutor, while Marge being the judge. Ending being all a farce. But then I remembered that's already happened somewhere.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-08, 11:40   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Up to this episode I just thought of Slaine as misguided in thinking in actions were going to do anything but upset Seylum. But I will agree the whole bird sequence this time did have a very creepy vibe to it. In some ways I think he would just like to keep her nice and safe in a cage to admire. Not sure if he'll devolve from that point, but this was probably the creepiest he's been in the series to this point. I don't really get the trolling argument, because either it's Slaine's own behavior. If it's just a momentary moment of acting weird it's still an element of his character now.

I'd say good luck to them trying to punish Inaho (assuming Inko even reports it). The source of your best ship being able to move and the only person on the entire planet who can accomplish anything in battle. Hard to punish someone when you have no leverage.
Old 2015-02-08, 12:29   Link #120
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

The bad writing in this show never cease to amaz me.
Looks like the prison and the base weren't protected in the slightest.
Was it even nessary to break that guy out of prison?
Can't he just talk to his boss about instead facing the risk of an execution for high treason?
Inoha has a really bad habit of keeping live saving information to himself.

Also,why has inoha so much trust in Rayet?What has changed about her?Did I miss anything?
Last time I checked she just still an racist asshole.
His "In the end,you didn't actually kill her." is stupid.
Yeah,she didn't kill her,but not for a lack of trying.That's hardly a point in her favor.
I mean,of course he is right ,but only because he is a power fantasy that can do no wrong.