AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-11, 18:29   Link #721
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's kinda unfortunate that they decided to follow up what should have been a very emotional climax and conclusion, with a comical scene of a prisoner jerking off to a young lady.

But otherwise it was a good episode.
Sadly, that's the type of thing you can expect from most of the characters Hiroyuki Yoshino voices...

Also, I found it kind of funny.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:46   Link #722
king12354

This Uragami guy is probably like Kana who can feel a link to the parasytes. I wonder why Shinichi panicked at the end there.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 19:54   Link #723
Ryuga

Watching Shinichi cry was powerful, as he's always been worried about his ability to grieve for others and his humanity. Gonna miss Reiko, she was a really good character. Uragami's antics balanced out the sadness with some pretty sick humour, I laughed pretty hard.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 20:05   Link #724
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I bet the police wish they had tracked down Kana instead of having to rely on this killer to do this kind of thing for them.

The tricky business is going to be getting through this. The last thing Shinichi needs having the police after him. Although to be fair it's not like he's in the clear with the crazy parasites after him right now either.

Will say it was great that Shinichi finally regained that ability to cry. It was a frightening worry that he was constantly slipping in terms of his humanity. I thought Murano would be more key to it coming back (now kind of wondering if she has any point in being in this story). Instead it comes down to Reiko who pretty well dies as you'd expect, dying to protect that kid. A deserved end for her though since she murdered the mother of the body she took. Not much sympathy to her dying.
Old 2015-02-11, 20:12   Link #725
Wandering Soul

It's great that Shinchi regained the ability to cry and it was thanks to Reiko that he was able to. Transforming into his mother might not be cool but she needed him to hear her out and understand her. She dies just like we all expected protecting the baby and giving it to Shinchi.

Although not Shinchi is in a tough spot dealing with that killer who seems to be able to sense Parasytes.
Old 2015-02-11, 20:24   Link #726
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uragami finally reappears.

Yep, most people probably didn't notice or have forgotten it, but we have actually seen him before, at the end of the very first episode.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 22:09   Link #727
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Sadly, that's the type of thing you can expect from most of the characters Hiroyuki Yoshino voices...

Also, I found it kind of funny.
Yoshino voicing those sick perverts again.

Considering what I know about Uragami, I should probably be more ashamed that I find him funny and interesting as a character.
Old 2015-02-11, 22:14   Link #728
bakaouji

So I guess Reiko finally got her 'redemption'. It took a baby and 38 victims for Reiko to reach the conclusion that parasites could coexist with humans if they chose to. A price far too expensive. Her final act of surrender doesn't vindicate her but it at least lets her die after gaining some humanity. She died as a mother.

However, it was pretty jarring to see Murano stumble onto the scene with tears of relief streaking down her face as she cries out, "Shinichi, you're back". That pulled me out of the scene completely. She was standing among thirty cops with guns in their hands and a corpse in front of her and that's all she had to say about that. I hat to facepalm there. I don't like how the show handled Murano at all in the past six episodes or so. The show shoved in Murano's resolution of her inner turmoil with what should've solely been Reiko's coda coupled with Shinichi's epiphany.

Anyway, the second half was funny as hell and it served as a nice break from all the depressing stuff that's been happening for a while. Shinichi's finally gonna be outed as a hybrid. If that does happen, I wonder if he'll join up with the cops to take the remaining parasites. Doubt it'll be that simple but he needs all the help he can get to fight the end boss.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 23:27   Link #729
HandofFate

How many bullets did these police have?
sounded like they kept firing for 5minutes straight
Old 2015-02-12, 00:42   Link #730
VTHokiePride

That was probably the funniest interrogation I've seen in an anime. Looks the secret's coming out. Shame about Tamura Reiko. I was starting to like her.
Old 2015-02-12, 01:03   Link #731
Esclair

They adapted the Reiko scene really well. The last arc will be amazing.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 04:47   Link #732
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
So I guess Reiko finally got her 'redemption'. It took a baby and 38 victims for Reiko to reach the conclusion that parasites could coexist with humans if they chose to. A price far too expensive. Her final act of surrender doesn't vindicate her but it at least lets her die after gaining some humanity. She died as a mother.

However, it was pretty jarring to see Murano stumble onto the scene with tears of relief streaking down her face as she cries out, "Shinichi, you're back". That pulled me out of the scene completely. She was standing among thirty cops with guns in their hands and a corpse in front of her and that's all she had to say about that. I hat to facepalm there. I don't like how the show handled Murano at all in the past six episodes or so. The show shoved in Murano's resolution of her inner turmoil with what should've solely been Reiko's coda coupled with Shinichi's epiphany.

Anyway, the second half was funny as hell and it served as a nice break from all the depressing stuff that's been happening for a while. Shinichi's finally gonna be outed as a hybrid. If that does happen, I wonder if he'll join up with the cops to take the remaining parasites. Doubt it'll be that simple but he needs all the help he can get to fight the end boss.
Parasytes were doomed from the beginning and the audience finds out early on. Reiki proved that parasytes can't procreate meaning the current generation is the last. They had to adapt to living with humans since there was no point in wiping the humans out.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 04:58   Link #733
ndqanh_vn

Reiko's expression is so beautiful. She truly had changed from the creepy uncanny teacher we meet at the second or third episode.

Just like Migi's voice, the change is really subtle, it just struck me now that how human-like she has become. She even managed to fool the detectives surrouding her for a split second.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 05:17   Link #734
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Agree. It may be my bias against Murano, but it ruined completely the mood of the scene being so out of place. Add to this that Kana's ghost was used also out of nowhere. At least it let me smirk on how the captain stopped his men from keep firing because of the baby. But only after like a whole five minutes of shooting
Honestly even the whole "I give you my child to raise" was also a bit hard to take.

And damn, this show has to stop killing off the interesting characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Parasytes were doomed from the beginning and the audience finds out early on. Reiki proved that parasytes can't procreate meaning the current generation is the last. They had to adapt to living with humans since there was no point in wiping the humans out.
And that makes even more incomprehensible Reyko's surrender.

So, yes, in the end I didn't like the episode after all.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 05:51   Link #735
IceHism

and they have now killed off the only real female character in this show. -_-

but at least the scene she died in was good. probably the best so far.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 07:56   Link #736
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
At least it let me smirk on how the captain stopped his men from keep firing because of the baby. But only after like a whole five minutes of shooting
It's even more weird. He didn't care at all about the baby, but he said to stop firing when Tamura Reiko got too close to Shinichi. That's the one he didn't want to get harmed.
And the only reason for him to consider Shinichi more valuable than a baby is that he thinks he can be useful to fight the parasytes. Another great example of "humanity".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 09:32   Link #737
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's even more weird. He didn't care at all about the baby, but he said to stop firing when Tamura Reiko got too close to Shinichi. That's the one he didn't want to get harmed.
And the only reason for him to consider Shinichi more valuable than a baby is that he thinks he can be useful to fight the parasytes. Another great example of "humanity".
Are you sure? Because I seem to remember he said it out loud to stop for the baby.
I should rewatch that scene because at that point I was already in despair for the imminent dismiss of Ryoko that I could have missed some details

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-12, 09:55   Link #738
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I believe he said "Stop - you'll hit the boy!", which could theoretically mean either the baby or Shinichi. But since the cops had been firing their magically reloading guns for five minutes and he never said a peep until Ryouko was next to Shinichi, I certainly interpreted that to refer to him.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:19   Link #739
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OH GOD

Hearing Uragami, I can't help but imagine insane psychopath Taro (SHIROBAKO).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Are you sure? Because I seem to remember he said it out loud to stop for the baby.
I should rewatch that scene because at that point I was already in despair for the imminent dismiss of Ryoko that I could have missed some details
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I believe he said "Stop - you'll hit the boy!", which could theoretically mean either the baby or Shinichi. But since the cops had been firing their magically reloading guns for five minutes and he never said a peep until Ryouko was next to Shinichi, I certainly interpreted that to refer to him.
It's 100% talking about Shinichi. Not even a question.
He said "shounen", you do not use that word for babies. You have to be past youji, and into jidou age group before shounen/shoujo applies.
Old 2015-02-12, 11:36   Link #740
Arya

Well, that is for the better, in the sense that at first I mistook it as a flaw in the direction, that, apart from Murano's, has always been outstanding. And it also makes sense since he already shot the mother and couldn't know the baby was human either.

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence