AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-02-18, 17:58   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You mean Thompkins? She seems like a future villain with her fascination with the investigation. And then, with this episode, I thought she might be Harley Quinn before I realized that the real name is wrong, not to mention the age.
Leslie Thompkins in the comics is an elderly physician (almost close to Alfred's age) who is one of Batman's closest confidante's. Definitely not a Supervillain .
Old 2015-02-18, 18:15   Link #82
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Leslie Thompkins in the comics is an elderly physician (almost close to Alfred's age) who is one of Batman's closest confidante's. Definitely not a Supervillain .
Sure, although they could change it for this adaptation.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 19:48   Link #83
james0246

I Just don't know what to think of this show. There is some fine acting and some decent writing at times, but overall the series is bogged down by uninteresting procedural and generally uninspired character intros. Nothing is given any time to real congeal into anything interesting, and the main focus on Gordon is generally mundane, feeling like a time killer until we get to the more interesting stories (or maybe I should say more interesting characters since the stories are not particular interesting though they can be well executed.)

I will say, the Bruce stories have quietly become the best and most interesting snippets each week. I also have to say how happy I am that Bruce's stories have not featured any real flashback sequences.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 20:12   Link #84
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I for one am still waiting for something that paints Bruce as the supergenius that the Batman will be (I haven't seen this week's episode, is there anything that paints him like that this week?
Old 2015-02-18, 21:28   Link #85
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I for one am still waiting for something that paints Bruce as the supergenius that the Batman will be (I haven't seen this week's episode, is there anything that paints him like that this week?
He pretty much has the Wayne Enterprise board's wrongdoings figured out through a lot of his own research and fact-digging. Though he might have come off as a bit overconfident by literally telling them to their faces that he's going to take legal action against them.
Old 2015-02-18, 22:29   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
He pretty much has the Wayne Enterprise board's wrongdoings figured out through a lot of his own research and fact-digging. Though he might have come off as a bit overconfident by literally telling them to their faces that he's going to take legal action against them.
He had to chose the nice legal route now so that he can finally learn that the only real justice is vigilante justice. .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 16:36   Link #87
Jagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
If you want fast pace, you came to the wrong show.
Slow paced can be amazing, if done correctly. But imo this show doesn't pull it off.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 13:55   Link #88
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

IIRC, Leslie Thompkins is the go-to doctor for the Batfamily.
When Batman requires critical surgery far beyond Alfred's medical expertise, he can't go to the Gotham general hospital.

The most villainous thing she's ever done was convincing the world that Stephanie "Batgirl" brown had died in the operating table to teach Batman a lesson about bringing children to the battlefront.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 14:19   Link #89
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

That was after Wargames, right? Still, one would imagine that with the fate of Jason Todd, Bats would have learned his lesson about children on the battlefront..
Old 2015-02-22, 00:17   Link #90
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Err, she effectively murdered the kid to teach Batman that "lesson" by deliberately withholding treatment that would have saved her life. Are we really passing the buck to Batman for that??? It may not be "villainous" in a comic book sense, but it's still murder.
Old 2015-02-22, 00:23   Link #91
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

That's why it was retconned to "Steph got her death faked and fled to África" or something like that. So "nothing to see here" according to DC
Still, I'm glad for that retcon, it allowed for Steph to become Batgirl, one of the best and funniest cómic series that I've ever read
Old 2015-02-22, 00:28   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is only murder if the person actually dies.

(The excuse for her fake death becoming that her identity had become known, and her being "dead" would protect the identity of the Batman and his associates)
Old 2015-02-22, 00:42   Link #93
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Bah, darned out-of-date comic knowledge. >.< Well, I'm fine then because it just irked me that it sounded like people were actually blaming Batman for what Thompkins did.

Still, that just slightly irks me in a different way that they just out and retcon it to make Thompkins better again. >.< It makes the emotion you feel at the revelation of her betrayal feel stupid.
Old 2015-02-22, 17:00   Link #94
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
I'm glad for that retcon, it allowed for Steph to become Batgirl, one of the best and funniest cómic series that I've ever read
Sorry, man, but I'm in the Cassandra Cain camp.

Which reminds me... it would be sweet to see Gotham introduce David Cain as one of Bruce Wayne's martial arts teachers.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 17:30   Link #95
Galaxian

Quote:
That was after Wargames, right? Still, one would imagine that with the fate of Jason Todd, Bats would have learned his lesson about children on the battlefront..
Eeh... Batman did. After Jason he went without Robin for a time during which he steadily became more violent and reckless until Tim Drake, on his own accord, decided to step in. Batman needs a Robin.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 17:24   Link #96
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Eeh... Batman did. After Jason he went without Robin for a time during which he steadily became more violent and reckless until Tim Drake, on his own accord, decided to step in. Batman needs a Robin.
After reading this, I really wonder if that's the whole point of the "Crazy Steve" version of Batman that appears in All-Star Batman and Robin: to demonstrate that Batman needs a sidekick in order to keep himself in check and not go over the top in terms of the way he fights crime and corruption (of course, Crazy Steve is still a jerk in that story).
Old 2015-02-23, 17:29   Link #97
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
He needs a sidekick, who doesn't necessarily have to be a kid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
After reading this, I really wonder if that's the whole point of the "Crazy Steve" version of Batman that appears in All-Star Batman and Robin: to demonstrate that Batman needs a sidekick in order to keep himself in check and not go over the top in terms of the way he fights crime and corruption (of course, Crazy Steve is still a jerk in that story).
That's giving waay too much credit to Frank Miller's writing..
Old 2015-03-04, 06:12   Link #98
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Sorry, man, but I'm in the Cassandra Cain camp.

Which reminds me... it would be sweet to see Gotham introduce David Cain as one of Bruce Wayne's martial arts teachers.

Cass was pretty cool XD ...for me.. though.. the writers for Batgirl -steph... was really great.. I enjoy fresh feeling. and I was also happy about cass becoming blackbat. ^^ it was nice to see her take a new mantle

but yeah Cass had some darker story arc during batgirl ^^ I enjoy a lot too.

HMMM..if Cain pops out..that will be interesting...but I think dc wants hands off steph and cass.. Since they are just starting to be reintroduce into the new 52
Old 2015-04-29, 23:27   Link #99
Dark Wing

Don't know if anyone is still keeping up with this but it seems The Penguin has finally made his ultimate move.
Old 2015-04-30, 00:01   Link #100
monster

I'm not too comfortable with the implication of Wayne Enterprises being a multi-generational evil company.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote