Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-04, 15:32   Link #821
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep21:
The shot at the body shields to get a clear escape because if they didn't he would have just dropped the shields and chased em down.
Old 2015-03-04, 15:57   Link #822
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Spoiler for ep 21:
Old 2015-03-04, 16:16   Link #823
HandofFate

Pretty full episode.
Lots of stuff.
Uragami sure is scummy. Wonder if he has more in store for his role. Or if he was just another cog passing by.

Shinichi reacting to Gotou and suddenly fearing death was interesting.
I don't think the Murano flag completion was out of left field. I did think he would need some sex to calm him down and find a reason to live or whatnot.
And Murano has been constantly appearing every major pivotal point, so I don't think it was unexpected for it to happen at this point.
Old 2015-03-04, 16:25   Link #824
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Wow, the last thing I was expecting from this show at this point was a pro-environmental-anti-human screed from a guy whom I wrongly pegged as a parasite from the get go. But it didn't seem like the parasites necessarily shared his misguided ideals or anything-- Reiko just kept him as a pet so she could study him (and of course to use him as a tool to create safer feeding grounds for the parasites).

I guess what surprised me the most was how scared Shinichi was of Gotou. I knew he was wary of him but I didn't think he would quake in his boots just at the sight of him. But all that fear is washed away after performing coitus with his girlfriend, which again, came out of left field.

I never cared for their relationship because the show never gave me a reason to other than Murano just worrying about Shinichi for every waking moment of her life, but it never got in the way of the story enough to bother me too much. So it's a bitter pill to swallow watching Shinichi find courage after his girlfriend has pity sex with him. After all, she has to be useful to him in some way before the show ends. But honestly, it felt like Murano asked for it because she was afraid that she'd lose him forever if she didn't give him her most prized possession.

Either way, everything was going dandy right up till the end. Would've been nice if Migi made some wry comment about sexual libido powering the survival instinct or something like that.

Just because he had sex does not mean he is going to become brave. Gatou can still kick his ass 5 ways till sundown.
Old 2015-03-04, 17:33   Link #825
bakaouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Just because he had sex does not mean he is going to become brave. Gatou can still kick his ass 5 ways till sundown.
I never implied that he's gonna steamroll Gotou. Brave doesn't mean powerful. I know Gotou can kick his ass but at least now Shinichi got his fighting spirit back (after having sex with his girlfriend).
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 17:52   Link #826
Wandering Soul

Hirokwawa's speech and Shinchi's thoughts at the end were good and really fit with the tone of the series. Didn't realize Shinchi was that scared of Goto.

That transition to that sex scene was sorta weird but it helped Shinchi get his resolve back.
Old 2015-03-04, 19:14   Link #827
Mangonel

Those thinking sniper rifles wouldn't be effective vs parasyte need to look into the dismemberment capabilities of a .50BMG. (There have been reports of a Barrett literally cutting people in half)

Granted Gotou was completely left-field of their plans, 1 head mounted parasyte is easily dealt with via shotguns. Not to mention the plan was an indoors sweep. Though had they put the effort to get a .50BMG (perhaps from the JSDF?) the guy who got to the roof likely would have been saved.

I knew Murano and Shinichi were close, but did the sex scene seem a bit rushed? Was it like that in the manga?

I know Murano was fine since she saw Shinichi cry, she knew the 'old him' was still in there and that was really whats shes been looking for the whole series. It just seems odd for an awkward osananajimi kind-of-a-couple to go straight to sex.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:08   Link #828
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
I knew Murano and Shinichi were close, but did the sex scene seem a bit rushed? Was it like that in the manga?
Yes it was. Almost 1:1 adapted, but she hadn't such cute mixed up hair there .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:07   Link #829
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm horrible because I just paid attention to the end with Shinichi losing his resolve only to regain it with the power of Da Vagina....

I mean, it was pretty obvious that Goto was going to murder the fuck out of everyone and that the military was going to lose.
Old 2015-03-04, 21:48   Link #830
Psyco Diver

The power of the all mighty vagina strikes again, it truly is the ultimate power that even a parasites own power can't compete. The thought of getting it has force men to bring nations to war, create the most beautiful art, and give men to create empires just to get as much as possible. You all thought Shinichi wouldn't be changed after it, ha, he will walk all of Goto now.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:57   Link #831
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I can say is I hope Shinichi doesn't die.

And Murano actually looks better with her hair down.
Old 2015-03-04, 22:01   Link #832
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Dam Gotou really didnt hold back at all
Old 2015-03-04, 22:22   Link #833
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

It suddenly obvious why Murano seemed not to have much useful purpose in this show until now. She was there to provide a sexual power-up for our hero in his hour of desperation. At this point I really wish she and Kana would have switched roles in terms of who got penetrated by what. Crude jokes and personal visual preferences aside, I feel Kana simply had much more story potential because of her ability. At least compared to how Murano was (not) used all this time. Maybe these two girls should have been combined into a single character to reduce wastage...
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 22:52   Link #834
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Yeah, I'd rather would've had Kana as the Love Interest as well. At least she was interesting.

All of Murano's lines could be reduced to:

'SHIZUMI-KUN'

'ARE YOU IZUMI-KUN?'

I kind of lost some interest in this series since Reiko died.
Old 2015-03-04, 23:49   Link #835
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The fact that Hirokawa was human is a very interesting detail. It seems that Hirokawa was a legitimate environmental extremist, and was likely proselytized by Tamura Reiko concerning the usefulness of the parasites for his biosphere>humanity sympathies.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 00:57   Link #836
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I just can't imagine Shinichi x Murano. I just can't do it.

But hey, if a little whip whip bang bang increases the fighting spirit and will to live, then whatevs.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 01:40   Link #837
IceHism

Man, that was one of the most cringe-y love stories that i have ever witnessed. I didn't know Murano had it in her to manipulate people in their moment of vulnerability and getting shinichi to walk her home gently. Also considering she was barely in half the show, it's hard for me to see this as any sort of functioning couple.

I can't even say she's a person. She's like a yardstick that Shinichi uses to gauge his humanity.

Gotou is pretty cool though.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 03:33   Link #838
Mubyoshi

Damn, that's some fast ass advancement of their relationship. I hope Izumi doesn't forget to use a flamethrower in his final battle.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 06:39   Link #839
Tormenk

Can't see Shinichi making out of this alive if Gotou can regenerate. Or was he just swapping damaged tissue over and over to cover up his wounds?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 07:44   Link #840
com_gwp

Can't help but think that Uragami's role in this show isn't over just yet, and if so, the consequences could be devastating for Shinichi.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-03-05 at 09:40.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence