AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-02, 22:34   Link #181
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee85 View Post
I don't see any death flags on her.
I would be so pissed if she was suddenly to die now. She's already spent 3/4ths of the series in a coma or with lost memories. For her to die now, her character would have basically contributed nothing this entire season other than to be a push for other characters.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-03, 00:10   Link #182
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I don't see any death flags on her.
Neither do I and I especially do not want her to die after spending most of this season unable to anything.

She wont have much power if she reveals herself to the knights. After listening to Lemeria for so long the knight will probably be in chaos if they found out she was a fake. Unless Lemeria works with her Asseylum wont be able to order around the knights that well anymore.
Old 2015-03-03, 04:01   Link #183
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I do not expect her to be killed, but that does not mean she won't be. However I am more concerned about what else may happen if she just blurts out a stance against Slaine without making any preparation or even attempting to gather intelligence.

I also hope, for the sake of her character, that she has learned some caution and wisdom to temper her idealism. I will like her better if that happens. If she just plunges in headfirst, then I guess she hasn't learned anything important for an imperial princess who can actually wield authority.
Agree. I do hope she will do some smart moves, in character of her, but still smart. Not running to Slaine will be a good start to begin with. But at least planning something in advance, not asking for an exit strategy, but, well, why not.

Fact is, Asseylum hasn't much to gain meeting Slaine. It would serve only to have a dramatic meeting (that I look forward to see, btw, for some reasons it reminds me of Lacus and Athrun meeting), but on the long run I suspect it wouldn't work for Asseylum as a character. There are high chances that after their meeting, unable to find any common grounds, she would be grounded again. End of her character again.
Unless, random guess, talking of exit strategies, Mazuurek won't step in letting them escape to Earth.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-03-03, 12:44   Link #184
lubczyk

Slaine and Asseylum haven't really talked since the beginning of episode 1 of the first season. It's pretty important that they do meet so we can see their true, especially Slaine's, character.
Old 2015-03-03, 13:33   Link #185
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Slaine and Asseylum haven't really talked since the beginning of episode 1 of the first season. It's pretty important that they do meet so we can see their true, especially Slaine's, character.
That's true too. Other than flashbacks, the very first episode, and if you read the manga, the two haven't gotten to interact that much, and they haven't gotten to talk really. Even comparing how Slaine was in the first episode, you could see he was very stiff and proper and didn't say a whole lot (which was most likely thanks to Cruhteo's influence). It would be nice to see the two interact a little more naturally, especially after the two have gone through so much since their last meeting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-03, 19:24   Link #186
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

I just hope we do not have a typical late Shoujo.
What would Asseylum forgive Slaine, and Slaine have a happy ending, after making several shits and stupidity.
Just remember that everything Asseylum now, was the fault of Slaine, their ingenuity, came from the colorful world that Slaine, taught Asseylum.
And the guilt she had been shot and have been in a coma was exclussivamente of Slaine, that has not stopped Saazbaum in episode 8, and helped Saazbaun in episode 12.
This cheap drama crap, typical of shoujo, only makes the children's anime, and reels off completely the genre.
I hope the Slaine has an end, like Makoto Itou - School Days / or Bizon Gerafil - Buddy Complex.
Because time is the main antagonist Slaine, no longer has the tragic hero route, because even if he dies, nothing had changed, the Martians continued attacking the earth, and wanting to steal their land.
Slaine is the main villain of Aldnoah.zero, Slaine who suffered from prejudice, racism, and was used by all, now does the same things that the Martians did to him, he is racist against the Terrans, hates the earth and earthlings, and uses people.
Old 2015-03-03, 19:43   Link #187
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
I just hope we do not have a typical late Shoujo.
What would Asseylum forgive Slaine, and Slaine have a happy ending, after making several shits and stupidity.
Just remember that everything Asseylum now, was the fault of Slaine, their ingenuity, came from the colorful world that Slaine, taught Asseylum.
And the guilt she had been shot and have been in a coma was exclussivamente of Slaine, that has not stopped Saazbaum in episode 8, and helped Saazbaun in episode 12.
This cheap drama crap, typical of shoujo, only makes the children's anime, and reels off completely the genre.
I hope the Slaine has an end, like Makoto Itou - School Days / or Bizon Gerafil - Buddy Complex.
Because time is the main antagonist Slaine, no longer has the tragic hero route, because even if he dies, nothing had changed, the Martians continued attacking the earth, and wanting to steal their land.
Slaine is the main villain of Aldnoah.zero, Slaine who suffered from prejudice, racism, and was used by all, now does the same things that the Martians did to him, he is racist against the Terrans, hates the earth and earthlings, and uses people.
Asseylum can forgive him; she just doesn't have to return his feelings. Anyway, that role is already taken by Lemrina. I can see her forgiving Slaine, no matter what he does to her, because she actually is dependent on him.
Old 2015-03-03, 20:54   Link #188
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Asseylum can forgive him; she just doesn't have to return his feelings. Anyway, that role is already taken by Lemrina. I can see her forgiving Slaine, no matter what he does to her, because she actually is dependent on him.
Lemrina, was always lacking, and now it is broken, as if his mind raped, the misfortunes, now it must be fragilissima, and should cling to any person, to console her.
Now she is unstable, she shut the aldnoah units, or deliver Slaine to the other counts, kill Slaine, are not discarded.
do not you feel during the conversation between Harklight and Slaine, the expressions of Harklight no longer demonstrates such confidence in Slaine.
Harklight began to feel sorry for Lemrina.
Lemrina is broken, now anyone who approach her to consolala takes it, may be the chance to steal Harklight Lemrina for him. Harklight can take advantage of the emotional state of Lemrina to overthrow Slaine power, Lemrina may terminate the Aldnoah units, would be a good opportunity to take Harklight, the command
Old 2015-03-03, 23:13   Link #189
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Lemrina, was always lacking, and now it is broken, as if his mind raped, the misfortunes, now it must be fragilissima, and should cling to any person, to console her.
Now she is unstable, she shut the aldnoah units, or deliver Slaine to the other counts, kill Slaine, are not discarded.
do not you feel during the conversation between Harklight and Slaine, the expressions of Harklight no longer demonstrates such confidence in Slaine.
Harklight began to feel sorry for Lemrina.
Lemrina is broken, now anyone who approach her to consolala takes it, may be the chance to steal Harklight Lemrina for him. Harklight can take advantage of the emotional state of Lemrina to overthrow Slaine power, Lemrina may terminate the Aldnoah units, would be a good opportunity to take Harklight, the command
I don't think it's that simple. She finds a kindred spirit in Slaine, and as such, believes her place is with him. Those feelings won't go away easily, or can just shift to another person. Harklight may be sympathetic towards Lemrina. However, time will tell if he turns against Slaine, but it won't be over her. I still see him being taken out by Barouhcruz though.
Old 2015-03-04, 12:07   Link #190
azurestratos

I'm in opinion too that Asseylum will forgive Slaine, after she interrogates Slaine in her kind way. But she's also not as naive as people seem to think. I suspect she will try to contact someone outside behind Slaine, given that Slaine haven't seen it coming and blocked her off yet, which is highly certain.

This may well be the shining moment for Edel and Mazuurek. They are the only two people most likely to act if Asseylum needs help, or if Slaine does anything to Asseylum. Lemrina is a wildcard, but she seems very dependent on Slaine I can't see her betraying him.
Old 2015-03-04, 12:32   Link #191
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I don't think it's that simple. She finds a kindred spirit in Slaine, and as such, believes her place is with him. Those feelings won't go away easily, or can just shift to another person. Harklight may be sympathetic towards Lemrina. However, time will tell if he turns against Slaine, but it won't be over her. I still see him being taken out by Barouhcruz though.
And then he (Barouhcruz) will be the final boss.
Old 2015-03-04, 12:34   Link #192
Kurohane

Quote:
And then he (Barouhcruz) will be the final boss.
Slaine would still be alive, but he lost his tactician.
Old 2015-03-09, 20:24   Link #193
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well guys, there go those theories of Asseylum kindly interrogating Slaine lol...

Tricking him with the disguise was ok I suppose, but the gun was totally unnecessary. Why even bother to point it at him if she's not going to use it? Slain knows that and just takes her into custody anyway. She could've gotten farther trying to convince Slaine with something more than just aiming a pistol at him and ordering him to stop.

At this point I don't think she can even do anything to stop the war. Slaine seems to have surrounded himself with people who don't necessarily care for Vers royalty.
Old 2015-03-09, 21:31   Link #194
Syaokura

I remember back in the first season when Asseylum would chastise Trillram for being a douche, use a grenade launcher to help Inaho and co., and do those self-defense flipping maneuvers. I liked her so much at first because she had the potential to break out of the generic pacifist princess mold, and she had a character arc where she learned that war was truly hell. Her scenes with Inaho were kind of cute, especially one where he corrected her on why the sky was blue.

But all throughout season 2, she was stuck in a coma for half the cour and became a walking plot device. I was hoping once she finds out that Slaine has being doing a lot of morally questionable shit in her name that she'd confront him about it. Well, she did but it was a total let-down!

I liked how she switched places with Lemrina, but she shouldn't have immediately went for the gun. In fact, I was hoping she'd get angry with Slaine and be all "How could you do this to me, Slaine?!" instead of just sad and resigned. We don't know how much of the truth Lemrina has told Asseylum, so unless there's a flashback we can only speculate.

Yeah, I'm buttchapped that I didn't get a scene of either of the princesses giving Slaine the verbal smackdown he richly deserved (and I say this as a huge Slaine fan).
Old 2015-03-09, 22:13   Link #195
Top Sergeant

I was very happy to see that Asseylum made an effort to discover what was truly going on. I don't mind that her efforts to stop Slaine failed, as I think she wanted to give him a chance to save himself in her eyes. This has now failed, and Slaine has made both princesses his enemies. I am interested to see what Asseylum will do now that all the cards are on the table.
Old 2015-03-09, 23:09   Link #196
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I was very happy to see that Asseylum made an effort to discover what was truly going on. I don't mind that her efforts to stop Slaine failed, as I think she wanted to give him a chance to save himself in her eyes. This has now failed, and Slaine has made both princesses his enemies. I am interested to see what Asseylum will do now that all the cards are on the table.
Without the support of Lemrina and Asseylum (both source Aldnoah power, whom the Martians swear loyalty) now without the resources of Mars, which Slaine has to offer for others to join their cause.
Old 2015-03-10, 06:18   Link #197
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Well guys, there go those theories of Asseylum kindly interrogating Slaine lol...

Tricking him with the disguise was ok I suppose, but the gun was totally unnecessary. Why even bother to point it at him if she's not going to use it? Slain knows that and just takes her into custody anyway. She could've gotten farther trying to convince Slaine with something more than just aiming a pistol at him and ordering him to stop.
As assumed in the episode thread, and I agree with it, she did that to try regaining his sanity. To underline how far he was gone in his dark path.
It's not by chance that in the same episode back in S1 Slaine did the same with Saazbaum. They mirrored it as I said to show how far he has gone. And well, where Asseylum instead stands. She reacted in the opposite way than Slaine back in S1, he got influenced by Saazbaum, Asseylum was more like she could not recognize him anymore. So also the act to point the gun at him, as a way to say the person before her was a stranger.
For this reason I think the scene has to be taken also for its symbolical meaning than only analyzing it for its presentation.

Also, Slaine's arguments were already beyond recovery and given the present situation (if Eddelrittuo and then Lemrina reported them correctly) it's not that she could have thought to go anywhere with that gun politically speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
At this point I don't think she can even do anything to stop the war. Slaine seems to have surrounded himself with people who don't necessarily care for Vers royalty.
Well, that was already stated by Inaho; Asseylum has lost her power right now, Slaine and Saazbaum destroyed it. That's probably the reason they introduced a loyalist so late in the show. To give her some room in that regard? Hard to tell for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaokura View Post
But all throughout season 2, she was stuck in a coma for half the cour and became a walking plot device. I was hoping once she finds out that Slaine has being doing a lot of morally questionable shit in her name that she'd confront him about it. Well, she did but it was a total let-down!

I liked how she switched places with Lemrina, but she shouldn't have immediately went for the gun. In fact, I was hoping she'd get angry with Slaine and be all "How could you do this to me, Slaine?!" instead of just sad and resigned. We don't know how much of the truth Lemrina has told Asseylum, so unless there's a flashback we can only speculate.

Yeah, I'm buttchapped that I didn't get a scene of either of the princesses giving Slaine the verbal smackdown he richly deserved (and I say this as a huge Slaine fan).
Despite I agree, I also had preferred a verbal smackdown, as I said, pointing a gun at him was far more subtle, but effective as a way to show how she sees him right now, a completely stranger, (it's like, guessing, why she should show her emotions to someone who doesn't deserve it? and I also have an idea on whom instead she will show them to).
And we still don't know effectively how close they were to begin with.

Oh, about the truth Lemrina told her, you have to remember that her best source of info actually was Eddelrittuo, Lemrina also adding up her knowledge and the way she let her being used.

In any case I'm looking forward to the beginning of the next episode where they probably will show has the princesses confrontation.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-03-14, 08:15   Link #198
mahouning

Hime's feelings revealed in newtype:

“Not toward a specific individual, but agape directed towards many.”

“Since she’s royalty, Hime can’t freely love. Her background affects her capacity to love. She holds a benevolent love towards people in general.”

“Inaho and Slaine are more important to her than others, but the feelings she holds for them are different from “romantic love”.”
Old 2015-03-14, 14:15   Link #199
glaceon_cute

At first, I thought Asseylum holding gun toward Slaine was pointless too, but then I remembered the interview. That scene was mean for symbolism. The gun is hime's decision toward the war, she pointed her gun to Slaine means that she is totally opposed to Slaine's decision. There is nothing useless here, it's just the way it was done was pretty forced and easy to misunderstand.

About hime and her feeling, I interpret it as she doesn't know what romantic love is, tbh. She shares her love with all people, that she forgets to love for herself. That's why Lemrina pities her. She said Inaho was part of herself and Inaho said the same thing, it's like how we say when we meet our soulmate, who have the same ideal with us. Sorry, I can't feel any romatic love for either side, InaAss or SlaAss
Old 2015-03-14, 22:12   Link #200
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

As the saying goes: a picture often tells more than a thousand words.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters