Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-03-08, 17:09   Link #34241
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Good eye! MG Zeta 2.0? :P

Really want the Hyaku, but all that chrome is going to make it really pricey... Sigh.

Speaking of The End, a possible way to let its huge hands 'fly' would be to give them separate transparent stands, like the Rozen Zulu's Incoms, and then use a flexible rubber for the arms. A shame Bandai's not including that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
That already exists. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081017

I think he's either talking about an MG Delta Plus (which already exists - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10149213) or the Hyaku Shiki Kai which is hinted at in the corner.

Or else it's the Re/100 Dijeh.
As others pointed out I was looking at how the Hyaku Shiki still has its leg transformation gimmick despite not needed it

Hinting at a future MG Delta Gundam
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 02:23   Link #34242
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Goddamit. I wish I had money, time, and actual room space to put somethign like thogether.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:59   Link #34243
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I see that, and wondered why I thought of them starting to dance Thriller...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 19:49   Link #34244
bio9205
Reborn

Would you guys recommend the MG Turn X for a MG first timer? Watching Turn A right now and I think I've fallen in love with it. I've built tons of HGs and RGs, but I've never ventured out of the 1/144 scale in the 6 years I've gotten into Gunpla. I just love the small scale. As for the Turn X, I just plan to straight build it, no fancy paints whatsoever. Thoughts?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 21:29   Link #34245
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Would you guys recommend the MG Turn X for a MG first timer? Watching Turn A right now and I think I've fallen in love with it. I've built tons of HGs and RGs, but I've never ventured out of the 1/144 scale in the 6 years I've gotten into Gunpla. I just love the small scale. As for the Turn X, I just plan to straight build it, no fancy paints whatsoever. Thoughts?
I'd recommend it if you plan to have it standing on your shelf looking badass. Not so much if you plan on having some dynamic poses with it
Old 2015-03-12, 04:48   Link #34246
Skye629

Quote:
If its a unit u really like, go for it!

That reminds me, I need to get cracking on my 1/100's once spring break starts
Old 2015-03-12, 10:12   Link #34247
bio9205
Reborn

I know it's going to look badass. I'm just wondering if you guys would recommend it to someone building an MG for the first time?
Old 2015-03-12, 13:37   Link #34248
Tormenk

Turn X is fine as a beginner MG. MG build difficulty has stagnated pretty evenly since the Wing MGs so a majority of the MG lineup is beginner friendly. Except for the transforming waveriders (Zeta, ReZel, Delta Plus) and the Ver. Kas like Unicorn, Sinanju, Nu and Sazabi, you'll be fine even if you change your mind.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 20:12   Link #34249
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Turn X is fine as a beginner MG. MG build difficulty has stagnated pretty evenly since the Wing MGs so a majority of the MG lineup is beginner friendly. Except for the transforming waveriders (Zeta, ReZel, Delta Plus) and the Ver. Kas like Unicorn, Sinanju, Nu and Sazabi, you'll be fine even if you change your mind.
I see, thanks for that!

Oh and HGUC Sumo plz Bandai. Why did they even bother to chrome that old kit anyways?!
Old 2015-03-13, 03:18   Link #34250
Skye629

Ok I got my Tamiya Basic Tool Set and here are my thoughts

(Pictures pulled off of google image for reference sake, not mine)

For all of this I paid $15 USD off of Amazon, it was the last one in that price point

So you get: Box, Side Cutters, File, Crafting Knife, 2x Screwdrivers (Flathead and Philips). According to packaging its also made in Japan, not China

The overall package is small, it actually surprised me, its small enough to slip into a large jeans pocket (albeit pretty uncomfortable) or any cargo pants pocket

The box itself is actually pretty nicely made, sturdy for its purpose, opens and closes easily, yet is secure. Tools inside are held in place by typical plastic packaging

The nippers/side cutters are what I got this for, since standard nippers seem to run around $15 USD as it is (so spending just as much for more seemed like a good idea), with more expensive ones being higher quality (from what I read). Cheaper ones (sub $10) I have tried, some are serviceable for some cutting use for models, while some are utter junk. This cutter however, is small, much smaller than a standard sized one from my experience, primarily due to overall size and the handle material being of a rubbery material and form fitted to the metal. It cuts quite nicely too, I find though that it does not seem cut flush with plastic, however this is perfect as you are not supposed to be cutting right up against the parts anyway since it causes strain/damage. It leaves just enough to finish off with knife/sandpaper. All in all, I think I got a fair deal for the cutter and box alone.

The crafting knife is the type which can extend/retract, and is better than most standard ones you would find in a workshop, as its very thin for model purposes specifically. Its cutting performance is meh. The only strong point for the tool is scraping and reaching into area's you normally could not reach with a standard X-Acto type of blade (since it can extend)

The file sucks, even for fingernails imo

The two screwdrivers, are well, exactly what they are, a flathead and philips, though on the smaller side. Perfect for the screws found in action bases and older MG/PG kits

The biggest con however for this set, its that well, the box DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT, fit other Tamiya or modeling products you would use for gunpla (minus smaller things like masking tape, q-tips/cotton swabs, toothpicks, folded sandpaper/smaller sanding sticks, etc.). Its just not long enough unfortunately. So no Tamiya files, Gundam markers, pens, larger side cutters, etc. Use the box for something else, and find something better to carry all of you supplies/tools in

All in all I would say only pick this up if you want to get a new side-cutter, and pay no more than $20 USD MAX (including shipping)
Old 2015-03-16, 20:21   Link #34251
Skye629

Hehehheheeheh

Just got my MG Tallgeese III in the mail
Old 2015-03-19, 21:41   Link #34252
Skye629

Welp I got my work finally cut out for me

My brother just got me a very very late christmas present which he did not get me during christmas

MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka

Wellllllll any tips guys?
Old 2015-03-19, 22:09   Link #34253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Welp I got my work finally cut out for me

My brother just got me a very very late christmas present which he did not get me during christmas

MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka

Wellllllll any tips guys?
I just want to say this: be prepared to be disappointed with how the Funnels hold together (you might wanna use the display-stand for them, bud). And some people also disappointed with the wrist-joint that often droop when it holds the rifle.

Other than that, it’s a fun build though it does need more work than your average modern MGs especially with the added psychoframe gimmick, there’s nothing really difficult about it though. And again, the display-stand is nice.
Old 2015-03-21, 04:40   Link #34254
Tormenk

I don't have the Nu but have read the PG-styled hands need extra attention in assembly and handling.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 09:10   Link #34255
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

done with my Neo Zeong Satisfied build.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 19:48   Link #34256
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
done with my Neo Zeong Satisfied build.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
How good is the build? I probably have to pick this up since the HG....well you know
Old 2015-03-22, 23:40   Link #34257
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Anyone here has any experience with the Unicorn Phenex? MG and HG. Gonna be flyin off to Japan soon so I thought I could look for some kits there (alongside some Kotobukiya kits)
Old 2015-03-23, 01:49   Link #34258
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

MG Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita
Can anyone confirm? I've checked other sites and it seems that GG is the only one with this news.
Old 2015-03-23, 02:00   Link #34259
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Anyone here has any experience with the Unicorn Phenex? MG and HG. Gonna be flyin off to Japan soon so I thought I could look for some kits there (alongside some Kotobukiya kits)
I don’t really have any experience with Phenex, but it does share the basic structure with Unicorn and Banshee that some of us here are quite experienced with (especially duotiga if he’s still here). So, I will advise you based on my experience with Unicorn & Banshee. If you already have those kits then you can just ignore the below paragraph:

I have built MG Banshee, MG Unicorn (Titanium) & HG Banshee Destroy. And I can tell you that MG Unicorn and whatever kit that uses its mold is not really an enjoyable kit. It’s a bit solid in Unicorn-mode but the ankle is already weak. Turn it into the Destroy-mode and the entire kit will be flimsy too. Articulation is sad, proportion is a bit off in Destroy-mode (legs appear too long). For me, the HGUC is better due to no transformation gimmick which made the kit a lot more solid (proportion and articulation is slightly better too). Aside from the aforementioned problem, you still have to deal with the ugly black/grey nubmarks left after you cut the coated part from the three (I have MG Unicorn Titanium, so I know how bad the nubmarks look on your coated kit, which I assume also applied to Phenex’ gold coating).

Here’s the rundown: If I were you, and your priority is quality, I’ll use my money to buy Robot Damashii Phenex instead (fantastic articulation & good proportion). If you like the clear psychoframe to actually be clear (the Robot Damashii’s psychoframe is just painted metallic blue), I recommend you to buy the HG. If you really want to have Phenex in 1/100 scale despite all the flaws then by all means grab that MG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
MG Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita
Can anyone confirm? I've checked other sites and it seems that GG is the only one with this news.
Hmm...the big torso does remind me of MG Wing Gundam so this might be legit. Though it is strange that Bandai decided to make MG Rinascita first before MG Wing Fenice .
Old 2015-03-23, 02:04   Link #34260
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How good is the build? I probably have to pick this up since the HG....well you know
Solid enough. Just dont expect too much in articulation since it SD AND Neo Zeong.

Still is fun to have it. Cute little monster

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy