AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-30, 13:03   Link #541
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

They really didn't do too well on Vincent's face this episode ... that's what I saw. This show is still among the best of 2006, but I doubt that it's as good as the previous Manglobe productions: Samurai Champloo and Rozen Maiden: Traumend . Still, I shouldn't be so conclusive and narrow-minded while still at episode nine, and that's why I plan to watch through all of this show.

I do have a problem with the HENSHIN thing. Call me nitpicky, but there could have been some more subtler ways that I did not think of. Anyway, the fight scenes still are beautiful, but I seriously have a problem with his face ...

It's not that this show is bad, it's just disappointing when you have that kind of kickass first episode but are unable to maintain the quality of it. I know 23-episodes are a lot of work and use a lot of time to get done, but at least I could argue that Mushishi had a lesser budget than this show (correct me if I'm wrong) but had more consistent animation ... it's just that ... if they knew how to start properly, they should know how to maintain the show well as well.

MAHOU 戦隊 VINCENTO~TAN! HENSHIN! *the tune of Voltes Five plays*

I laughed through the fights, though. When you look at the absurdity of it all, you could really laugh hard ... especially with the beautiful rabu~rabu (!!!) parallelism that BluWacky used to describe Vincent's dedication to Real ... this is just a more seriously absurd Ouran. I remembered when I watched Ouran that time I almost choked because of the funny way it was portrayed.

Plus with all the quirky Mahou Shounen and Pokemon allusions, it's hard not to laugh through it all. When I watched
Spoiler:

Last edited by physics223; 2006-04-30 at 14:45.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 18:38   Link #542
Aniki Meiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I see. Thanks a lot for the rundown. It sounds like a very cool episode, but I'll have to see it myself, I guess.

Spoiler:

Shi no dairinin? Death's Proxy? Sounds like a title. I wonder if all of these Proxies running around have titles.
They do have all these ridiculous titles and they always make sure that they wear baggy clothes otherwise they will run around naked most of the time.

4 Proxies so far
Vincent Law AKA Ergo Proxy AKA Proxy of Death from Mosco Dome City
Monad Proxy from Mosco Dome City
Mayahuel AKA Senekisu Proxy AKA Proxy of Moonlight from Halos Dome City
Kazukisu Hauer AKA Kazukisu Proxy AKA Proxy of Radiance from Asura Dome City Power Fire
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 22:38   Link #543
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
LoL... Real will be another one... then her and Vincent can shack up and have a proxy orgy...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 22:43   Link #544
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Anyway, they are hot guys, so even if my android dreams become a proxy ... COOL.

This is turning into Ouran. Seriously funny ... XD

ORGY! ORGY! ORGY! ORGY! mmm!
Old 2006-04-30, 23:37   Link #545
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Damn ! The damnest thing is...
Spoiler:

I definitively going to watch this anime, even if It doesn´t surprise me episode to episode or drawing and animation are weird and irregular. I´m certainly interested in whatever would be. EP still is one of the best anime series currently and I´m enjoying with it.

(but my plot was more amazing xD, I´m sure. Bleh...).

Orgy?... Orgy !! Orgy !!

Last edited by Zaresh; 2006-04-30 at 23:48.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 00:31   Link #546
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I feel what you feel. Of course I was disappointed (and still am) that Ergo Proxy didn't reach the level of its hype, but seriously ... I was happy. Really, really, happy. I mean when he
Spoiler:
I mean it practically parodies Ouran, all the Mahou Shounens and sentais out there, and now, Bleach - Kazukhis Hower xxxD = Kyouraku ... !!!

This is a show that is funny ... really, really, really funny ... !!!

A! I know who will be the orgy-players! Real, Vincent, Daedalus ... and PINO!?!?!?!?!?! xD
Old 2006-05-01, 01:07   Link #547
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Chikyuu Sentai VINCENTO~TAN! ~ 地球戦隊 VINCENTO~TAN!

Spoiler for I AM t3h p0w3rz! I pwn j00 a11:
I LMAO'd when this appeared ...
Old 2006-05-01, 01:14   Link #548
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I feel what you feel. Of course I was disappointed (and still am) that Ergo Proxy didn't reach the level of its hype, but seriously ... I was happy. Really, really, happy. I mean when he
Spoiler:
I mean it practically parodies Ouran, all the Mahou Shounens and sentais out there, and now, Bleach - Kazukhis Hower xxxD = Kyouraku ... !!!

This is a show that is funny ... really, really, really funny ... !!!

A! I know who will be the orgy-players! Real, Vincent, Daedalus ... and PINO!?!?!?!?!?! xD
Arggztfr !!! I´m frightened a lot xDD. You´ve forgotten Raul, that old-cold-fashion-angered guy, who likes sadism a lot xD Surely, he would join in the party (xDD).

Ah, godness, we have here an example of how to put something hilarious on something serious, and viceversa (that remainds me the "proxyball, I choose you" thinking xD). EP isn´t only inspired in Blade Runner environment and other sci-fi stories, EP is an all-sort-of-anime-series-mix !!! xD.

I´ve a question now about names. It was said there are references to books as Alice in Wonderland and so, but someone in other forums suggested me if may Pino be a link to "Pinocho" (I don´t know which´s the name in english, sorry): she is mechanic, an android, but looks like a little girl. However, "cogito" become her "human" and now she is learning about what´s a human being and human fellings. Can it be?

EDIT: No... he´s a SEED !!! (or he´s a newtype O.o xDD)

Last edited by Zaresh; 2006-05-01 at 11:16.
Old 2006-05-01, 02:09   Link #549
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It isn't serious anymore ... it's gotten absurdly funny! No, Raul wouldn't agree because Pino's his daughter? But he'd take Real away from Vincent ... supposedly for 'examination' purposes ... XD

Ergo Proxy is the jack-of-all-SF-anime! It dabbles in almost everything. It's simply the best parody anime of the season xxD!

It's not wao's 'proxyball, I choose you!' ~ they've gotten simpler. It's I am t3h m4h0u sh0un3n w/ t3h p0w3r 2 pwn j00 all sux00rzz ... ! It's BEAST WARS ~ TRANSFORMERS!

Back to SERIOUS MODE ... (for a little while) ... anyway, the nomenclature as of now of the different characters so far bear little to describe them or their actions. These words are merely hints ... to something simple xxD ...

I do like the anime even more ... this is just excellent shit!

EDIT: Try muting the media player you use in opening Ergo Proxy, and then open another instance of the player and play the Voltes Five theme song. You'd laugh your ass out ... especially the later part ... =D
Old 2006-05-01, 12:55   Link #550
kron

so.. the discussion thread of ergo proxy has some of the most retarded discussions with people repeating the same thing over and over again... for the last 2 pages at least... k...
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 14:24   Link #551
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

When you look beneath it all, Ergo Proxy is still an anime. So far, I'm pretty disappointed in it (so far are the keywords), but I don't think our retarded discussions offend anybody at all. Aside from the fact that I personally think Ergo Proxy is retardedly funny, I personally think it works for me as a serious SF with comedic elements ... I do hope it would work for me as an SF, so until that happens or until Real appears in Cytotropism or Anamnesis, I think it's alright for me to make fun of this show, because it is funny, when you really think of it ... (or just have a twisted sense of humor like mine).
Old 2006-05-01, 15:38   Link #552
Aniki Meiski

Episode 8 & 9 Quick Summary Major Spoiler on Vincent

Spoiler:

Last edited by Aniki Meiski; 2006-05-02 at 11:29.
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 16:06   Link #553
nubby

Crazy theory but what if Monad was the real Lil/Rel/Real and the current one is some sort of clone? It might explain why Vincent is so attracted to Lil and maybe why Daedalus is in charge of the Monad experiment. How about Ergo proxy trying to awaken Lil in episode one? I'm probably 100% wrong tho
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 17:11   Link #554
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Crazy theory but what if Monad was the real Lil/Rel/Real and the current one is some sort of clone? It might explain why Vincent is so attracted to Lil and maybe why Daedalus is in charge of the Monad experiment. How about Ergo proxy trying to awaken Lil in episode one? I'm probably 100% wrong tho
Monad didn't really die yet, right? Anyway, I'm guessing and am pretty sure Monad's a girl - look at those breasts. Although genetically errant DNA of guys can produce secondary sexual characteristic, it's very rare for guys to have boobs.

Your theory isn't crazy at all. That would probably explain why Monad has some sort of attraction for Real but doesn't hurt her and also has a similar attraction to Vincent. However, I don't think Vince's love for Real is implanted, so it probably pertains to his love for Monad,as stated by Kazukhis, but is only displaced. Or perhaps Real was Monad herself but forgot all about it because of the cleansing (brainwash) power of Daedalus ...

I'm wondering, though, that unless Real saw only her imagination on episode one, that Real and Monad are two different entities, which brought me from your theory to think that Real _may_ be another instance of Monad.

@Aniki

Thank you for that insightful synopsis/summary of episode eight and nine. You singlehandedly brought back my serious interest in watching Ergo Proxy, although I wonder if I could maintain it given the fact that there isn't any this week, and if you're correct about what you said, then the episode I'm really probably waiting for is Anamnesis.

Although the henshin is weird, not to mention easily figured out, really, at least they brought something new to the limelight - questioning the true (currently) tenuous relationships between the main characters. We don't know why Daedalus more or less cares for Real, or why Vincent seemingly loves Real. But I know it could have had been smoother animation with a smoother plot.

Henshin just is a deux-et-machina technique for me ... it answers without explaining anything, but perhaps that's what they want - for now. It still doesn't make it really acceptable, but at least because of Aniki, I plan to try watching it in a serious and bleak SF light, not in a funny one.

It was a good post by a forumer when he or she said that the focus shifts to why there are proxies ... but he or she has forgotten that resolution among the different characters themselves is also essential for the viewer to appreciate the series. The question isn't what anymore, it's why.

Seriously, now that we've discovered who Ergo is ... we _do_ know how much Vincent really cares for or loves Real.

Although I can't seriously say I'll be 100% wrong - I trust that I would get some parts correct, I do know most of these hypotheses are wrong, but they're only guesses after all.

Aniki, thank you very much.
Old 2006-05-01, 18:01   Link #555
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

About the Lir-clone theory:

Spoiler:

Ah! Aniki, thank you so much ^^.
Old 2006-05-01, 18:56   Link #556
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's more now of answering the hows and whys because for the most part the whos and whats have been answered.

For now, all we really know is that there is something special abou Real. She is totally different from the other thoughtless and singular people of Romdeau: she has discernment and will. If she was a clone ... oh yeah, good point, Zar ... she wouldn't normally have those characteristics. She is the speck of disorder in an otherwise perfect city; yet she exists. Why?
Old 2006-05-01, 20:29   Link #557
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
It's more now of answering the hows and whys because for the most part the whos and whats have been answered.

For now, all we really know is that there is something special abou Real. She is totally different from the other thoughtless and singular people of Romdeau: she has discernment and will. If she was a clone ... oh yeah, good point, Zar ... she wouldn't normally have those characteristics. She is the speck of disorder in an otherwise perfect city; yet she exists. Why?
Yep, so she said in ep.1. As well as Vincent, she doesn´t feel like she was a needed factor in Rondo, like the praies of the infected autoreivs. They both fail to adapt theirself in the "Rondo System". But while Real looks like accept she is a misfit (as long as she is in his department, when she has a "funny" job), Vincent has nightmares about his problem. She, as Vincent, is special, she doesn´t fit in Rondo but why? And contrary of those commune guys, she is really important to Rondo. But Real isn´t scrapped out Rondo, moreover, Daedalus and Raul looking for her (although she would be a risk to Rondo Perfect System). This special factor in the case of Vincent is the thing which is bothering Raul, I guess (higher than the riot he caused in Rondo).

I´m not sure if I´ve posted this point here in AnimeSuki (xD) but I agree with you.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2006-05-02 at 16:58.
Old 2006-05-02, 08:25   Link #558
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I just noticed that there are a lot of good shows not airing in Japan because of Golden Week. Does this mean that TV networks shut themselves down for a while for some sort of mini-vacation?

Anyway, back to Ergo Proxy. Did anyone ever think that Real's childhood was implanted in her, that's why Daedalus had access to her childhood photos? Maybe not implanted, but controlled perhaps to let her forget her real past. And this isn't implausible: we, as children, are blank slates. We'll believe anything people say as long as it leaves or etches marks on us. I mean, childhood itself is private and sacred: we did a lot of things we forgot in childhood, and videos or photographs are the only ones that could preserve it. So if Daedalus has Real's private, childhood pictures, there is definitely more to him than meets the eye - and that something more is definitely not to be trusted.

To continue: has anyone thought of the idea that Vince and Real may be childhood buddies from Moscow? Maybe she was taken as spoils when Moscow was annihilated, and Donov took her and grew her up in a sanitized and empty environment. She feels empty and displaced because maybe she is? The precious moments of childhood often endure throughout our lifetime, and maybe that's where Vince had her love for Real that lasted until the current occurrences.

Disclaimer: as always, all of these are speculations.

If anything, we now know that Vincent loves Real, and that's no speculation. At least part of my hypotheses (like Vincent loving Real) is proven correct.
Old 2006-05-02, 23:02   Link #559
molitar

Well just finished watching the first 7 episodes and I am speculating at this time that Real is not really dead. Probably figures it would allow her to investigate anonmously without being followed and tracked. Especially since her Auto-Reive forget his name now is no longer a part of the surveilance system.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 23:15   Link #560
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You may have forgotten that Daedalus himself has ulterior motives. I don't think he'd help Real for the sake of being a 'good friend.' I'm half-speculating that he only plays with Real: he's too sly and wily to be a scrupulous person ...

He may have said that Raul sent those autoreivs, but you may have also forgotten that he is among the scientists developing these autoreivs, investigating on these proxies, and the like. I won't trust him too much ... I don't expect him to really help Real.

I'm also speculating Real not to be dead, but to be some freak proxy experiment under the depraved mind of Daedalus. And that shota-look ... scary ...

EDIT: I feel my denigrating belief in Ergo Proxy come back .... vvvvvvVOLTES FIVE!!! hahahaha!!!

Last edited by physics223; 2006-05-03 at 08:47.

Tags
manglobe, science fiction