AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-28, 00:17   Link #761
bones

Katou's sense of humor resembles Utaha more than any of the others, the only difference is that she does in a way that is not as cruel. Rewatching the part where she comments on Utaha teasing Eriri seems like she is sympathising with Eriri but for me she is just trolling her more subtly
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 01:07   Link #762
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Episode 12...

I deeply apologize to Tomoya's circle, but I really want to see him managing the band from now on.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 01:28   Link #763
rladls2121

Tsukkomi antics, Onodera type character, exactly.
When I think more about it, partly Tomoya is the exact opposite of Megumi.
Megumi's tsukkomis mostly correct things and Tomoya's are often setting things to zero.

Someone said who said Megumi is a real girl.
Yes she is, close to it and exactly a real life female human itself.
There are few times she acted like a heroine character as Tomoya imagined.
But she went back to normal right away.
I do not know how hard she worked for it though if anyone else knows.

But then again, look at Eriri, who is rather making herself as a tsundere character, she is already beyond saving from that side of the world.
I mean, I thought she was rather embarrassed about faking her tsundere character rather than really being just tsun.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 03:17   Link #764
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

this is serious?
Kato lost his virginity to her cousin?
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 04:32   Link #765
rladls2121

I think Tomoya will get along well with Switch from Sket Dance.
I remember how Switch discussed things with Otakura, Switch was similar to Tomoya at the time.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 07:04   Link #766
Soraya21

Well, part of Megumi's appeal is precisely because she doesn't do anything particularly special throughout the series. There's nothing extravagant about her compared to the other heroines (background, talents, status, achievements), while there's a basic simplicity in her interactions with Tomoya (realistic actions achievable by average people whom you may run across); such as buying those thank-you glasses, giving him those prep talks, learning how to program to lighten his work load, etc. And yet this sort of normal, run-of-the-mill behavior doesn't lessens her contributions towards their Circle in the slightest nor the huge impact which she has on Tomoya's life.

To put it plainly, Megumi doesn't need to stand out as a special snowflake for others around her to discover how beautiful and remarkable she truly is. So it stands to reason that fans of Megumi who were able to see her appeal a bit faster are obviously smarter than the a-ver-age bear~

Works: Final Fantasy IV, To Love-Ru Darkness, School Days, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 07:44   Link #767
Tenzen12

It was good anime, funny and self-aware, my only issue was Kato. Sure her deadpan insane troll logic comments was fun sometimes, but it grew old to me quickly. I know it might surprise some otaku but even real girls have personality, talents and hobbies.

It looks to me like lot of people like her for traits she lacks instead for these she has. But I can't like someone just because she/he doesn't fit into any box. In her defense she does looks like she slowly grow character recently, though even it's nothing special either.
Old 2015-03-28, 08:02   Link #768
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It was good anime, funny and self-aware, my only issue was Kato. Sure her deadpan insane troll logic comments was fun sometimes, but it grew old to me quickly. I know it might surprise some otaku but even real girls have personality, talents and hobbies.
I'm also surprised that Megumi is getting a hang on making games by doing programming in Ep. 11! Still, I like her character but it's sad that Megumi is sometimes being overshadowed by the likes of Utaha-sempai and Eriri in my opinion.

Anyways, glad that Tomoya's doujin circle is fully-assembled and they finished the first route of their visual novel project. Of course, I want it more sadly enough which is unlikely to happen for Saekano...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 10:19   Link #769
Top Sergeant

I laughed out loud when Megumi covered Utaha's mouth!
Old 2015-03-28, 12:41   Link #770
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Speaking of episode 11, I can't be the ONLY one who was thinking "this scene needs to keep going" when Michiru mistook Tomo's intentions when he said, "I want you", right? RIGHT?
Oh believe me, I felt like I needed a cold shower every time I saw that scene (saw 11 and 12 three times now). A girl in one's room wearing one's dress shirt? Then him demanding he wants her, and she replies that it's ok with her? <3

Thing is, I found the "I'm begging you. Make my dreams come true." with her hands caressing his face on ~10:55 to be much more romantic. I feel that the main point of the childhood friend romance is not sex, but in finding a lifelong partner that you can share everything with. That of course includes fulfilling one's dreams, and so as a shipper, I love that scene so much more.

Interesting enough, I was HHNNNGGG during Tomoya's exchange with Kato over the phone. Before, nothing, and I meant NOTHING could stop Tomoya from making his game. Not Kato, not Eri, and not Utaha. But a few choice words from Michiru has thoroughly shaken his resolve? He must really hold her opinion to a high regard.

Not to mention Kato's payback says a lot... she understands the attraction to one's cousin, and those feelings 'roaring back' when they are living together. Taken literally, it not only tells us that Kato has an attraction to Keiichi, but she acknowledges that Tomoya has feelings for Michiru! (And as i said before in a post, Tomoya being the one bringing this up means when talks about 'faint stirrings of love', he is probably talking about personal experience!)

Which is really interesting when combined with the end of eps 12 before the credit rolls. Utaha (aka Maruto/the walking foreshadowing character) writes "You finally noticed.... my feelings for her". And that Seiji/Meguri dialogue is the only thing I can think of in the whole series that even so much resembles that. So despite episode 0 where Kato reigns supreme and Eri being the only totally flawed character in the series, my hopes are so unnaturally high that this will be, by the time the final volume is released, a Michiru end. Doesn't help that this season ends with her arc and she has the most episodes dedicated to her story as well, even if she didn't appear till like the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
this is serious?
Kato lost his virginity to her cousin?
Not in the CR subs, where it mentions that Meguri had 'that experience' with her cousin. 'That experience' pertaining to an event that held a memory of the faint stirrings of love, not because they had sex. XD

Wish it was true though, as I'm really digging KatoXKeiichi for some reason.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:07   Link #771
Boukenxha

Well just because her personality did not came out strong in the beginning did it mean she has none. One way to look at Kato imo, perhaps she can be better described as the average girl that the boys looked over for the stand out class hottie or school prefect only to find out after interacting with her more that she is great in her own ways. Kato fan here if you couldn't tell.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:36   Link #772
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

As for what Megumi will become, we have episode 00 for that. I don't think I would've been this invested in this series if not for that long haired Kato.

I thought it had excessive fanservice, especially in the michiru arcs, but it was all good in the end, even those 4th wall breaking scenes.

Definitely my top pick for this season
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:50   Link #773
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not in the CR subs, where it mentions that Meguri had 'that experience' with her cousin. 'That experience' pertaining to an event that held a memory of the faint stirrings of love, not because they had sex. XD

Wish it was true though, as I'm really digging KatoXKeiichi for some reason.
the German subtitles said she Kato lost her virginity to her cousin
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:52   Link #774
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
the German subtitles said she Kato lost her virginity to her cousin
Troll subtitles! How dare they defile our pure and innocent goddess Megumi Kato with their vile and baseless lies!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:58   Link #775
Miraluka
Banned

And so what if she did?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 14:21   Link #776
Tenzen12

It would almost look like she has own life! 120% improvement.
Old 2015-03-28, 16:41   Link #777
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The abnormal thing here is not that she's not a virgin, is that she lost it to her cousin
Old 2015-03-28, 16:57   Link #778
Mubyoshi

Well if she did lose it to her cousin, there's only one other recourse for Tomoya, and that is to lose his to his cousin too!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:04   Link #779
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
The abnormal thing here is not that she's not a virgin, is that she lost it to her cousin
Considering what she compared it to (old childhood memories of Tomoya carrying Michiru on his back), she probably meant stuff that happened in primary school. I certainly hope it wasn't loss of virginity.

But if she did lose it to her cousin... It's not so weird. Close enough relative for there to be trust and availability (and fondness), but not so close it's legally incestuous.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:07   Link #780
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Considering what she compared it to (old childhood memories of Tomoya carrying Michiru on his back), she probably meant stuff that happened in primary school. I certainly hope it wasn't loss of virginity.

But if she did lose it to her cousin... It's not so weird. Close enough relative for there to be trust and availability (and fondness), but not so close it's legally incestuous.
The perfect arrangement then

Tags
comedy, romance