AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-29, 13:20   Link #3881
MgMaster

So um, I can't be the only one who though "sequel material" when I saw this(thought of it before even, although just a little):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

At first I wasn't that much for it since having Sylvia going down the same path as Ange would mean she'd constantly be compared to Ange and'll most likely fall short - an inferior carbon copy of her sister.

But thinking about it more, it could work. Sylvia can walk on a similar path as Ange but she shouldn't be Ange. Her experiences & approach towards them can be similar at best but they should also differ in order to give Sylvia her own identity. Any thoughts?
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 13:21   Link #3882
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
- You need the Song for the Space Convergence Cannons, not everything else. Hilda and co. had the rings so they could control the Ragna-mails, that wasn't down to will. The reason why they needed to use the Villkiss to kill Embryo was to access the space where he was and it couldn't be accessed by anything else apparently because it was beyond time, as said in the episode. Keep in mind that Ange was also singing the Song at the same time as when Tusk started crying, but yeah, that partly came out of nowhere.

- Embryo couldn't teleport at the last minute to avoid Tusk's slash because his Ragna-mail was destroyed, and they said that's what's allowing him to control space and time.

- Yup, the space merge got thrown out the window too. If it was connected to his Ragna-mail/powers, they never said and made it seem as if the natural forces of the universe would complete it by itself. Aura was holding it back but it didn't seem as if she stopped it. So yeah.

Honestly, I don't care as long as Embryo dead lol. Though, I was expecting Embryo's mech to be stronger.
Not to mention the Ragna Mail Embryo on was teleported using a certain device. So have Villkiss be able to fly through wtf-that-rainbow-tunnel-was and detect Ange location based on her singing is simply just out of Fukuda's ass.
Old 2015-03-29, 13:28   Link #3883
ChampDream
Alive

That was fun series, it got a nice end, Embryo got what he deserve, in the end he was only a horny bastard.
It nice to see the norma living in the old world and Ange as their leader, meanwhile Sylvia learned to survive in her own.
Old 2015-03-29, 13:51   Link #3884
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Good ending for a series that didnt take itself seriously.
And lol no, enough of this no season 2 pls.
Old 2015-03-29, 14:19   Link #3885
novakai

Gotta admit that was one of the most satisfy ending to an anime this season, I guess that because Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero had somewhat lackluster endings, going to feel a little empty every Sunday now without my Cross Ange Madness
novakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 14:25   Link #3886
DerGilga
Banned

My review of Cross Ange
Images
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 14:25   Link #3887
HandofFate

Actually good way to end things.
The series really pulled through.

From the first 3 episodes was like "garbage, a 1/10 at best"

Now that its all over, giving this a 8/10.
Who would have thought out of the mechas this season, this would beat out Aldnoah;Zero and G-Reco.
lol @ Tusk, he really is a ninja, cracked up when he randomly threw some shurikens at Embyro, and bisecting Embyro down the middle was great.

I like that Ange was like "meh, forget the other world, let them do what they want.
Old 2015-03-29, 15:22   Link #3888
Ryuga

Huh, someone translated a tweet of Fukuda's and he says Jasmine helps rebuild both worlds (I guess that's why she's getting people to carry stuff) and where Ange and co. were buying clothes was the same place where she got the ring for Tusk.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 15:42   Link #3889
Habernero

I'm surprised there isn't more hentai doujins about this series. Embryo is like a walking hentai plot.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:29   Link #3890
fr3@ky_g

Images

YAY!!! Cafe Ange!

Awesome end. Less disappointing than the AZ end, IMHO.

LOL@Sylvia being an Ange clone in the now mana-less Earth. Down to the outfit and gear. :P

Sequel potential, maybe?

Best part of all, Ange basically says: "F*ck it. Let the mana-less Earth survive on it's own."

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-03-29 at 18:25. Reason: Please use thumbnails or the [images] for large images.
fr3@ky_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:31   Link #3891
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
But Embryo created them that way, yet he gets upset that they turned out exactly what he made them to be. He and some of the audience expects them to act differently when they were essentially created to fear norma. Embruo acts like their discrimination isn't his fault, when he purposefully made this dynamic out of supposed necessity. He made them live without worry or suffering, never knowing conflict, when it's a vital part of growth. Those who have gotten sick are healthier than those who never have, because it strengthens their immune system. This is why the Norma are better off because they grew up where conflict was a daily part of their lives. They are lot more adaptable to changing situations than the Mana users, because of that. The Mana users are no better than children, because they grew up without earning anything. Everything was just handed to them. So, when you take a vital part of their lives. Of course, they are going to riot.

So, they deserve to live in a post apocalyptic world, because they hated what they were taught to, not knowing any better, weren't allowed to know better, and basically abandoned to die, because their selfish creator wanted to rape a girl? I can't take your pleasure out them suffering as anything but a vain sense of self-satisfaction, which will only be temporary.

It all goes back to this series never having the proper world building, where nothing was done to solve this glaring issue. You know a cafe was more important than actually solving the major problems of the world . Honestly, I think a series is a failure when a tower crushes hundreds of people, and neither the protagonists or antagonists care.
Whether they deserve that or not is irrelevant. It isn't Ange's responsibility to provide that for them, though. They rejected her a long time ago. Heck, Ange and Hilda could have gone and shot up a bunch of those former mana people with their ragnamails for fun, or retaken the Misurugi empire by force with ragnamails (because all of that mana-powered tech? Shame it's useless now!), but instead, Ange just decided to move on, and she has every right to. Also, the idea that some technologically superior people have a responsibility to help the violent and downtrodden? That's just been historically shown not to work when done by force, and those people were not welcoming Ange with open arms in any way at all.

Also, no, indoctrination is no defense when wishing for someone's death that there seems to be no evidence of any malfeasance. That is, it isn't like norma were carrying out terrorist attacks--at which point, the situation would be a lot grayer. In this case though, as far as the show has shown, it's an oppressed and innocent minority being blindly persecuted--and if those people on a whole could not muster enough independent, critical thinking and human decency to overcome their indoctrination? Then they can get their just desserts--and honestly, considering Ange and Hilda could have brought down ragnamail firepower on them out of sheer revenge, I say they got off lightly.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:45   Link #3892
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Actually good way to end things.
The series really pulled through.

From the first 3 episodes was like "garbage, a 1/10 at best"

Now that its all over, giving this a 8/10.
Who would have thought out of the mechas this season, this would beat out Aldnoah;Zero and G-Reco.
lol @ Tusk, he really is a ninja, cracked up when he randomly threw some shurikens at Embyro, and bisecting Embyro down the middle was great.

I like that Ange was like "meh, forget the other world, let them do what they want.
I wouldn't say G-Reco. Tomino has always been far more "show, don't tell", so watching it requires a lot more attention and thinking about things (not meaning to sound offensive) since the answers won't simply be announced on screen.

Basically, things have come full circle and G-Reco is pretty much the final nail in the coffin for the whole "all of mankind should move into space and will evolve into Newtypes" philosophy that's been spouted since even before Mobile Suit Gundam. G-Reco has people who have now lived in space for over 1000 years (like Venus Globe), but all that really came about over the generations was more and more physical deterioration of those people (requiring them to wear fake human bodysuits to appear normal) to the point where they were desperate to return to live on Earth, and there's barely any mention or proof of Newtypes either. Could Bellri and others have been/become Newtypes based on some things (using remote weapons, the "understanding" aspect Bellri did with the G-Self, and whatnot)? Possibly, but it never becomes a core issue.

There were flaws, sure, and it could've used a few more episodes to flesh out some things, but overall, it's faithful to the old Tomino Gundam series'.

I will say that Cross Ange has been far more entertaining and better music though.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:58   Link #3893
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Oh for the love of-
Calm down. Its just an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
feel bad for Alektra.. finally we got a death in here
Sylvia is being Ange 2.0 in another world
And it seems like Ange didn't work full-time in cafe Ange at all because she wants to be a president

the only lingering question from me is.... Is Tusk the only human-male in true earth? DAMN! He is the real winner...
I wonder what Sylvia had to go through from being a snob to a leader of the thugs? The last time we saw her was...when it was revealed she could actually walk and ran away while she wet her pants...

I guess the sequel of this would be "Hokuto no Ken" then(Im gonna get killed by the HnK fans now...)
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 17:04   Link #3894
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Whether they deserve that or not is irrelevant. It isn't Ange's responsibility to provide that for them, though. They rejected her a long time ago. Heck, Ange and Hilda could have gone and shot up a bunch of those former mana people with their ragnamails for fun, or retaken the Misurugi empire by force with ragnamails (because all of that mana-powered tech? Shame it's useless now!), but instead, Ange just decided to move on, and she has every right to. Also, the idea that some technologically superior people have a responsibility to help the violent and downtrodden? That's just been historically shown not to work when done by force, and those people were not welcoming Ange with open arms in any way at all.
They'll probably blame her for taking away their mana, anyway.

Some DRAGONs and Norma may want to help the former mana users if they feel like it.
Ange has no obligation to do so whatsoever.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 17:37   Link #3895
Kurohane

Quote:

Also, no, indoctrination is no defense when wishing for someone's death that there seems to be no evidence of any malfeasance. That is, it isn't like norma were carrying out terrorist attacks--at which point, the situation would be a lot grayer. In this case though, as far as the show has shown, it's an oppressed and innocent minority being blindly persecuted--and if those people on a whole could not muster enough independent, critical thinking and human decency to overcome their indoctrination? Then they can get their just desserts--and honestly, considering Ange and Hilda could have brought down ragnamail firepower on them out of sheer revenge, I say they got off lightly.
Well, Ange hasn't shown the Norma to be any better than the mana users. Just shot a person because he was annoying, and blames them for their problems, when they are essentially no better than ants in an ant farm. The whole new Earth is just one giant petri dish. She knows that, she also knows that if she was never sent to Arzenal, she would be acting the same way they are. So, there's a real glaring lack of putting yourself in the other shoes here. Instead, "No, it's all your faults for being ignorant and racist.", when in the beginning she was also ignorant and racist, and only learned about the world by going to Arzenal.

What the moral comes down to is: just care about yourself, and your circle, and the rest "who cares?". There are no heroes, only rapists and @ssholes.
Old 2015-03-29, 17:47   Link #3896
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

You know, it's pretty normal to only care about the people close to you when the rest of the wrold only shitts on you. How I see it, she has no reason to care about them.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 17:59   Link #3897
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Well, Ange hasn't shown the Norma to be any better than the mana users. Just shot a person because he was annoying, and blames them for their problems, when they are essentially no better than ants in an ant farm. The whole new Earth is just one giant petri dish. She knows that, she also knows that if she was never sent to Arzenal, she would be acting the same way they are. So, there's a real glaring lack of putting yourself in the other shoes here. Instead, "No, it's all your faults for being ignorant and racist.", when in the beginning she was also ignorant and racist, and only learned about the world by going to Arzenal.

What the moral comes down to is: just care about yourself, and your circle, and the rest "who cares?". There are no heroes, only rapists and @ssholes.
That indeed is the moral. And I'd hardly argue Tusk is an asshole. At the end of the day, Ange and co. are just people. Regular people who have no responsibility to play hero. Yes, Ange knows a little more than most of the mana humans, but, for that matter, so does Misty. So that little princess can take up the mantle of preaching love and peace. I mean for that matter, has any mana user ever shown gratitude throughout this entire series, aside from Misty and Emma (exception because she's with the normas anyway)? Not really. And, as has been pointed out, for Ange to even entertain trying to help out, that'd pose some serious risks to her life.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:11   Link #3898
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
You know, it's pretty normal to only care about the people close to you when the rest of the wrold only shitts on you. How I see it, she has no reason to care about them.
I understand that. The problem is that Ange wants to create a country where everyone is accepted, dragon and human alike.

Quote:
That indeed is the moral. And I'd hardly argue Tusk is an asshole. At the end of the day, Ange and co. are just people. Regular people who have no responsibility to play hero. Yes, Ange knows a little more than most of the mana humans, but, for that matter, so does Misty. So that little princess can take up the mantle of preaching love and peace. I mean for that matter, has any mana user ever shown gratitude throughout this entire series, aside from Misty and Emma (exception because she's with the normas anyway)? Not really. And, as has been pointed out, for Ange to even entertain trying to help out, that'd pose some serious risks to her life.
Again, that's due to lack of world building in this series. We don't see many mana-users besides the ones who are complete dicks. There wasn't a single prominent character who was a mana user to expand on their side. This series really needed three main characters that represented all three sides: Ange for Norma, Sala for Dragon, and one for Mana users. However, that would require consistent and proper storytelling.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2015-03-29 at 21:33.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:15   Link #3899
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

The "Prim and Proper" Embryo went Savage Mode on us.

That's not how you court women, sir.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2015-03-29 at 18:26.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:24   Link #3900
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Just shot a person because he was annoying, and blames them for their problems, when they are essentially no better than ants in an ant farm.
He did aim his loaded gun towards her in a middle of a battlefield.
Its really hard to become Lacus Clyne in a situation like that

Quote:
The whole new Earth is just one giant petri dish. She knows that, she also knows that if she was never sent to Arzenal, she would be acting the same way they are. So, there's a real glaring lack of putting yourself in the other shoes here. Instead, "No, it's all your faults for being ignorant and racist.", when in the beginning she was also ignorant and racist, and only learned about the world by going to Arzenal.
That's the reason why it was fun seeing her being bullied around and getting humiliated because of her racist view and comments in the first half of this show. Though she didnt lose her bitchy attitude till the end...

Quote:
That's the interesting part of this show. I had enough of main casts acting like heroes without having a proper reasons (cough, GSD, cough). Seeing main casts who fights for their kind and dont care about the other kind is a nice change. At least the norma made peace with the dragons.

If Ange had saved the mana-humans at the end, then this show would have been 100% shitty anime.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance