AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-27, 10:36   Link #3301
nooneagain

soo what are the chances for slaine - klancain faceoff? XD
Old 2015-03-28, 12:29   Link #3302
anguishCAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
yep damn, Inaho's speech seems and sounds as a testament of him.
I will find it really unfair if/when he will die. But that's life, and that's what means being a hero. To go back to Urobuchi's interview/meaning.
IIRC there is linked in Inaho's character discussion thread an interview and a poem that Aoki used as refference and as the base model of Inaho's character.
Old 2015-03-28, 15:35   Link #3303
Takatathien

You know sometimes when you finished watching an anime and you ask yourselves "Why the heck did I follow this anime for?"
This is one of those time.

Seriously, that is not a closure, that is not even a proper ending. I feel like all of the emotion and effort both Idaho AND Slain invested into the Princess had gone to waste when she ended up calling both of them her "friends" to her "new husband". This is the most empty ending I has seen yet. It is not sad, it is not happy, it's just there for the sake of being there.

Old 2015-03-28, 17:23   Link #3304
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatathien View Post
You know sometimes when you finished watching an anime and you ask yourselves "Why the heck did I follow this anime for?"
This is one of those time.

Seriously, that is not a closure, that is not even a proper ending. I feel like all of the emotion and effort both Idaho AND Slain invested into the Princess had gone to waste when she ended up calling both of them her "friends" to her "new husband". This is the most empty ending I has seen yet. It is not sad, it is not happy, it's just there for the sake of being there.
I'm so with you. The show was on a decline since S2 and the ending was such an ass pull. I feel someone else wrote S2. There is such a disconnect. Writing and character motives vanished like a puff of smoke.
Old 2015-03-28, 17:30   Link #3305
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
does anybody know how the japanese are takijg this.
Old 2015-03-28, 19:28   Link #3306
The 48th Ronin

I've read some spoilers from the episode thread. Looks like the ending is pretty much underwhelming, eh?

I'm pretty sure Urobuchi is rolling in his bed like "Y U all ruin my idea?"
Old 2015-03-28, 20:09   Link #3307
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I've read some spoilers from the episode thread. Looks like the ending is pretty much underwhelming, eh?

I'm pretty sure Urobuchi is rolling in his bed like "Y U all ruin my idea?"
he would get back on them with a story same setting different characters different reason for war rascim or something and do it better.
Old 2015-03-28, 20:28   Link #3308
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

The Japanese reaction

^Doubt it. Aoki has said several times that the overall story has been protected, and that was Urobuchi's.

I've finally gotten through my twitter feed and had a look at several blogs that summarise the reactions from 2ch, so for what it's worth...

Whilst some people wanted more epilogue stuff, the reaction has generally been positive.

BD sales don't really seem to have dropped either. So the core crowd of Japanese fans that like A/Z seems quite satisfied with the ending.

I'm sure we'll eventually get the niconico survey summary, but I don't expect it to be that much different from the previous ones, where the majority of viewers were quite happy with the episode they'd just seen.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-03-28, 20:33   Link #3309
Mikethemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^Doubt it. Aoki has said several times that the overall story has been protected, and that was Urobuchi's.

I've finally gotten through my twitter feed and had a look at several blogs that summarise the reactions from 2ch, so for what it's worth...

Whilst some people wanted more epilogue stuff, the reaction has generally been positive.

BD sales don't really seem to have dropped either. So the core crowd of Japanese fans that like A/Z seems quite satisfied with the ending.

I'm sure we'll eventually get the niconico survey summary, but I don't expect it to be that much different from the previous ones, where the majority of viewers were quite happy with the episode they'd just seen.
I was just playing but at least Japan like it, in the west not so much its mix some thought it was boring, horrible, meh, to okay me personally really meh ending.
Old 2015-03-29, 08:32   Link #3310
The 48th Ronin

I wonder what's Inaho's rank by no. Colonel, perhaps?
Old 2015-03-29, 09:31   Link #3311
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
I was just playing but at least Japan like it, in the west not so much its mix some thought it was boring, horrible, meh, to okay me personally really meh ending.
This was aimed at us (Western audience) also so sucks to be them for the ending. Retcon works if you can do it right. Maybe a retcon OVA will get them out this mess.

You would have thought that Kannagi taught everyone a lesson about what not to do to shippers, etc. Introducing characters, important plot points at the end wasn't cool either imo.
Old 2015-03-29, 13:15   Link #3312
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

Ah nice to hear that A/Z's core crowd is satisfied!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-03-29, 19:42   Link #3313
AverageFan

Since there are still Knights and landing castles on earth.

What happens to the castles that had their Knight killed in battle?
Did the earth forces occupy then despite the not being able to active the drive?
Will Asseylum active them to take them back to mars or have them stay on earth and give them to the earth government. If she is going to take them back to mars. She will power then up and have the Martians crew or as a sign or peace and cooperation the crew could be a mix of the two groups as a sign of cooperation. Do the original crew and the other martian on board would probably not enjoy that idea not like that. And there then there are safety concerns and how to get them back to earth team back to earth. On the other hand it would be a bad idea to give active castle to the earth.

If they stay will I can see them being dismantled for materials. Or maybe cities being rebuild around. That the castle is disarmed and the become like Teppelin in the later half Gurren Lagann. This one is a possibility because there were people living under a castle, unless those people are moved.

Even if the princess has told them to stand down and there are knights un willing to give up there territory. I could see some of the knights actually trying to make their own kingdom on earth or some thing. And these Knights will have the least populated areas and have actually done things to build up the territory they control. The knights would even allow the earth population to leave as a sign or good will.

Also there is the option of mutinies on the castle, since may of the people may not want to go back to mars and stuff. I could see martian defectors.

This things can lead to another season or an OVA or some kind of other information.
Old 2015-03-29, 23:09   Link #3314
lubczyk

Wasn't it stated that 50% to 70% of Earth is still occupied despite Inaho's best efforts?
Old 2015-03-29, 23:13   Link #3315
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Ah nice to hear that A/Z's core crowd is satisfied!
Only Slaine fans don't enjoy the finale because of obvious reason.
Old 2015-03-29, 23:34   Link #3316
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
You keep saying this, but it's a gross generalization. I think Slaine is a poorly written character who does various idiotic things. I still think the ending was bad. Putting the blame for the assassination on Slaine feels wrong. And having the princess marry instead of standing up and ruling on her own two feet is really distasteful. As for someone who said, "but she needed to do that to secure that guy's loyalty" that's a load of BS. He was loyal to her from the start and would have continued being loyal regardless of whether she married him. It was really disappointing seeing the princess just play damsel in distress the whole time and then awaken and have to rely on a man yet again. They could have just had her make her declaration as empress and then have those counts that support her stand next to her so that the Knights do realize she has some backing. The engagement seemed totally out of the blue and unnecessary.
Old 2015-03-30, 03:47   Link #3317
MartianMage

Quote:
Well I won't go that far... as I've mentioned before in another thread that butthurt Slaine fans is just a subset of Slaine fans and I personally think it's not impossible for Slaine fans to enjoy the show. I mean after all at the very end he was saved.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-03-30, 04:13   Link #3318
setsunafseiei

Quote:
I would called myself a hardcore Inaho fan and I hate the ending wholeheartedly .

But that is just my 2cents . Other people probably enjoy mediocre ending
Old 2015-03-30, 06:06   Link #3319
00 raizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
I would called myself a hardcore Inaho fan and I hate the ending wholeheartedly .

i also same as you,pal...i think i can handle this shit(the marriage between asseylum and klancain) but unfortunately i cant....the suffering my heart and emotion are too much make me wonder why i watch the last episode.... why should the prducer or scriptwriter show the "im part of you "when at ending she still with other person....is this new kind of way to torture fans??i feel empty...
Old 2015-03-30, 06:41   Link #3320
justpassingby

Eh. The director somehow spoiled it weeks before the final episode.

If a cheap plot device like Ass can be part of Inaho, it is not that difficult for others to be part of him too, especially people that know him the most.
Closed Thread