AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-31, 14:55   Link #501
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
And you are doing exactly what the writers of the show did. Shielding the steep caste feudal system with a hereditary absolute monarchy, based around an alien supertechology, which is responsible for most of the conflict in the series.

I'm not angry at you. I'm just angry that the writers of the show just dropped the plot point like so many others.
It might be worth mentioning that Slaine wasn't trying to destroy the monarchy either, given that his stated goal was to create a state to be ruled by Asseylum. True, it would have been a different kind monarchy - at least initially - than the one established on Vers, but it doesn't change the fact that Slaine, like Saazbaum before him, was unable or unwilling to mentally break out of the very feudal system whose flaws he was all too well aware of.

Whereas from the epilogue, we know that research into sharing Aldnoah activation rights is being conducted with Asseylum's blessing. (And in the meantime she is using her activation right's to help rebuild Earth and improve her people's economic standing, but that's beside the point here.) Willingly undermining the very foundations of the monarchy's absolute power will mean a huge lessening of that power in the fairly short term once Aldnoah technology becomes available to all. It may even spell the end of the Vers imperial system. And Asseylum is actively taking part in that. She has proven herself to be far more of a revolutionary and social reformer than Slaine ever was.
Old 2015-03-31, 15:09   Link #502
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Because after the death of Saazbaum, Slaine did not seek to go to mars visit the lower-class people, hear their views, It could also divide the goods he inherited from Saazbaum, among the lower classes of mars, he has Asseylum (Lemrina disguised) which has the right to transmit the aldnoah power to others.
Because Slaine, does not distribute the aldnoah factor for the lower classes of mars, since the aldnoah factor is what differentiates people on Mars.
So he would win the support of the people.
Asseylum distributed, Slaine keep the power for themselves.
Old 2015-03-31, 15:24   Link #503
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The worst part is that ultimately Asseylum has innocent blood on her hands
Who did Asseylum kill or cause to be killed through any choice of hers again?

Quote:
and took no responsibility for the war. As an absolute monarch, she is supposed to be held responsible for everything that happens in the Vers Empire and her name, both good and bad. Instead of taking responsibility, she passed the whole blame of the war onto a Terran boy in the name of peace.
Slaine was partly the cause of the whole mess, so using him to fix it is fine in my book.

Quote:
In my mind, Asseylum is the main villain that walked away scot-free.
How on Earth did you come to this conclusion? Asseylum is the victim that was used by a parade of men for their political benefit, to the point where she had to give up her own freedom to fix their messes.

Quote:
Asseylum couldn't just send a representative first down to Earth even though the pleading of the aristocrats and Slaine. She wanted things done her way and always got what she wanted. It was her way or the highway, because of the womb she came out of.
What would the point of sending someone else down there?

The whole point of her going down there was that she, the next in line for the throne, was making the effort to go down there personally for the sake of peace. Sending someone else simply wouldn't have the same impact.

Quote:
Slaine tried to split, if not ultimately, destroy it.
The ends don't justify the means. No matter how noble Slaine's goals were, he propagated an unjust war to make them work. Vers political issues are Vers's problems. Don't bring Earth into it.

Quote:
It's the system that's the problem. Not just the people in it. If Asseylum really felt like it, she could become a despot or restart the war just because she had a a bad day. No person should have that much power. That's why the monarchy, the aristocracy and the class system had to be amended if not destroyed. That's why Aldnoah is just a smoking gun until another royal despot or aristocrat takes the reigns.
So your problem is that Asseylum didn't rewrite Vers entire political structure in a day. You do realize she's not a god, right?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2015-03-31, 19:42   Link #504
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

The Slaine fans are complaining of belly full.
Of all the main characters of the mecha genre.
Slaine managed to break all the records negative.
It's something to be proud of.

- Character who had the lowest number of battles.
- Character who had the lowest presence on the battlefield.
- Character who spent the shortest time piloting a mecha
- Character who had the lowest number of action scenes.
- Character who had the lowest direct Involvement in the war

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-03-31 at 20:34.
Old 2015-03-31, 20:04   Link #505
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Sigh~ Why do Slaine fans keep coming back to Episode 7 like they did not watch it? It isn't Inaho's fault that Slaine is a dumb idiot.
In a way, the whole second wave of war could be the result of Inaho's failure to properly communicate with his temporary ally.
Old 2015-03-31, 21:04   Link #506
Calca
Expressionless

So I guess the Inoho/Seylum shippers will have to stick to fanfics.
Old 2015-03-31, 22:02   Link #507
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
In a way, the whole second wave of war could be the result of Inaho's failure to properly communicate with his temporary ally.
But you could turn around and also say if Slaine hadn't saved Saaz the whole second half nonsense would have never happened. Saaz would have been killed by Inaho. Princess wouldn't have gotten shot. Or even after that if Slaine had chosen to kill Saaz and not to shoot Inaho in the head and instead side with the princess's Earth allies.
Old 2015-03-31, 23:12   Link #508
The 48th Ronin

Can we just stop talking about Slaine already? There's a character thread for him.

The show's over. We already know his fate. Whether we like it or not, they (Olympus Knights) probably don't give a damn. I think we should just keep our rants to ourselves and get back to topic: the episode itself.

2 cents. Peace out.
Old 2015-03-31, 23:58   Link #509
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Can we just stop talking about Slaine already? There's a character thread for him.

The show's over. We already know his fate. Whether we like it or not, they (Olympus Knights) probably don't give a damn. I think we should just keep our rants to ourselves and get back to topic: the episode itself.

2 cents. Peace out.
Well it's because Slaine fans keep on going back to episode 7. I don't understand why really... they keep on coming back to their fanfic of episode 7.

Slaine firing at Inaho... "Inaho has no reason to shoot Slaine on episode 7!"
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-04-01, 00:40   Link #510
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

Keep those fangoggles on tight. Reality might slip through the cracks and you dont want that.
Old 2015-04-01, 00:49   Link #511
azurestratos

*~The story of Aldnoah Zero~*

Act I

Asseylum; I, the heir to absolute monarchy of Vers, shall go to Earth and make peace, and therefore improve Vers.

Orbital Knights; BOOO!! We don't want peace, we've been waiting to make war. So we are gonna defy our absolute monarchy's orders. We don't want Earth resources through peace, because stealing and murdering is much easier since we have ALDNOAH, we are invincible race! (We have power, so why not bully weaker people? Their fault for being weak and lower than dirt.)
Anyway, what could go wrong?

Inaho; ...eggs... \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/

Asseylum; Holy Mother of Aldnoah! Stupid traitors stop making war in my name and pretending I'm dead! ⋋_⋌

Orbital Knights: Muahahaha, we are gods!

Inaho: (• _ •)

Orbital Knights: WAARRGH! What is this demon! We have ALDNOAH, this not possible!

Asseylum: Yes, someone I can rely. Will you help me?

Old 2015-04-01, 03:16   Link #512
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
In a way, the whole second wave of war could be the result of Inaho's failure to properlyine can't communicate with his temporary ally.
It's not Inaho's fault Slaine is crazy. Inaho acted correctly during that incident.

Inaho was weighing if Slaine can be trusted, Slaine proved he could not be trusted. In fact Slaine season 2 betrayed all those that trusted him.
Old 2015-04-01, 17:48   Link #513
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
But you could turn around and also say if Slaine hadn't saved Saaz the whole second half nonsense would have never happened. Saaz would have been killed by Inaho. Princess wouldn't have gotten shot. Or even after that if Slaine had chosen to kill Saaz and not to shoot Inaho in the head and instead side with the princess's Earth allies.
I always said there is a lot of unintentional irony in the story.
If Slaine chose to do nothing he might have been Asseylum's companion/servant right now. Inaho would have been dead after ep 07 encounter. And Vers would have won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It's not Inaho's fault Slaine is crazy. Inaho acted correctly during that incident.

Inaho was weighing if Slaine can be trusted, Slaine proved he could not be trusted. In fact Slaine season 2 betrayed all those that trusted him.
No one in their right mind does that by provoking the opponent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

Keep those fangoggles on tight. Reality might slip through the cracks and you dont want that.
The only difference between my semi-sarcastic example and some of the irrational hatred in the thread is the color of those goggles.
Old 2015-04-01, 20:55   Link #514
MartianMage

Quote:
The only difference between my semi-sarcastic example and some of the irrational hatred in the thread is the color of those goggles.
Irrational? That's rich especially when your "Inaho is at fault on episode 7" is a tired debate that has already been debunked loads of times. This claim of yours is amusing especially when the saltiest of posts in this threads is obviously coming from a certain fanbase.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-04-01, 23:10   Link #515
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
If Slaine chose to do nothing he might have been Asseylum's companion/servant right now. Inaho would have been dead after ep 07 encounter. And Vers would have won.

I admit when i put my fan goggles on. For certain shipping wars, as an example. However, when it comes to being objective, like Episode 7 for example, well there are no goggles in sight on my outfit. I've been around far too long to let bs arguments go un-attested.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you dont get to make up your own facts.
Old 2015-04-02, 01:35   Link #516
azurestratos

Quote:

If Slaine did nothing.

The Emperor's Rayregalia cease fire and investigation would carry on. This would've buy the Earth team precious time to pass Tanegashima and maybe even contact the UFE HQ if the cease fire disallowed the jamming of communications.

Maybe the war would even end early, should Cruhteo managed to find Asseylum, or the UFE declares her alive and acts as mediator where Asseylum can contact the Vers.

And for episode 7, no. Inaho asked a question, which may or may not be provocative depending on which side the person is on. However, one vague provocative question does not warrant you shooting the other person.

You can't seriously say that is justified. If that happens, US and Russia would be in blood with all the amount of provocative statements each one throwing at another. One provocative question does not warrant someone getting shot.

Yes, both Inaho and Slaine have faults in this. Inaho is too logic and straight, and Slaine doesn't think ahead.

Last edited by azurestratos; 2015-04-02 at 03:00.
Old 2015-04-02, 01:45   Link #517
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
*~The story of Aldnoah Zero~*

Act I

Asseylum; I, the heir to absolute monarchy of Vers, shall go to Earth and make peace, and therefore improve Vers.

Orbital Knights; BOOO!! We don't want peace, we've been waiting to make war. So we are gonna defy our absolute monarchy's orders. We don't want Earth resources through peace, because stealing and murdering is much easier since we have ALDNOAH, we are invincible race! (We have power, so why not bully weaker people? Their fault for being weak and lower than dirt.)
Anyway, what could go wrong?

Inaho; ...eggs... \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/

Asseylum; Holy Mother of Aldnoah! Stupid traitors stop making war in my name and pretending I'm dead! ⋋_⋌

Orbital Knights: Muahahaha, we are gods!

Orbital Knights: WAARRGH! What is this demon! We have ALDNOAH, this not possible!

Asseylum: Yes, someone I can rely. Will you help me?

That was totally great. Where is the rest and Act 2??
Old 2015-04-02, 03:12   Link #518
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

The major shortcoming of Slaine Occurs in episode 3.
It kills the person whose testimony would be key to unmask all the conspiracy plans for the murder of the princess.
Trillram reveals that the assassination of the Princess was a Martian plot all along, and that he must rearm and eliminate her as quickly as possible.
Slaine should not have killed Trillram.
Slaine stole the weapon of Trillram .
Trillram was unarmed.
Slaine could have rendered Trillram rather than kill him.
It was just having shot in the legs or arms.
And have delivered Trillram to Cruhteo.
Cruhteo enterorrhagia Trillram and discover the whole truth about the conspiracy.
Slaine win the support of Cruhteo.
It's really stupid to kill the person whose testimony would be key to unmask all the conspiracy plans for the murder of the princess.

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-04-02 at 04:12.
Old 2015-04-02, 03:30   Link #519
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
The major shortcoming of Slaine Occurs in episode 3.
It kills the person whose testimony would be key to unmask all the conspiracy plans for the murder of the princess.
Trillram reveals that the assassination of the Princess was a Martian plot all along, and that he must rearm and eliminate her as quickly as possible.
Slaine should not have killed Trillram.
Slaine stole the weapon of Trillram .
Trillram was unarmed.
Slaine could have rendered Trillram rather than kill him.
It was just having shot in the legs or arms.
And have delivered Trillram to Cruhteo.
Cruhteo enterorrhagia Trillram and discover the whole truth about the conspiracy.
Slaine win the support of Cruhteo.
It's really stupid to kill the person whose testimony would be key to unmask all the conspiracy plans for the murder of the princess.

Well to be fair... it's not like Slaine knew that Cruhteo can be trusted in regards to the assassination plot.
Old 2015-04-02, 03:45   Link #520
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

If you guys are here for military politics, you are definitely on the wrong anime. You should go watch Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen.

What do they say again? If X anime can merge with Y anime it'll be per-Z-fect. That's what I think about Aldnoah Zero. It is an anime that scratches the surface of many, many genre really well, but ultimately never dug deep enough for the viewers to feel like it mattered. This is a Jack of All Trades anime so to speak. Even more disappointing is how good the mech battles are, but how filler-ish they felt throughout the whole Season 2.