AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-04-10, 17:10   Link #1
guerreiro2

Question MPC-HC (x64)

Hello there,

I'd like your help regarding if it's possible or not to change partial styles in Media Player Classic and play it as I like.

Ex: I've an ass subtitle which have the default font too transparent, only the default voices are transparent, the karaoke and narration are fine.

Well, I'd like to put some black outline in that particular font, in MPC-HC allows me that, to change but when I'm going to watch it returns to original. If I click "default style" it "resets" the karaoke and all the styles.

Is it possible to do anything?

Kind regards
guerreiro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 17:36   Link #2
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro2 View Post
Well, I'd like to put some black outline in that particular font, in MPC-HC allows me that, to change but when I'm going to watch it returns to original. If I click "default style" it "resets" the karaoke and all the styles.

Is it possible to do anything?
Typically, the settings require you to re-open the file or restart the program entirely, but then it will apply your changes to every file displayed, not just that one file. If this is just for a particular file, then you may want to edit the subs file using Aegisub. It'll require a demux, edit, and re-mux, but it'll get the job done.
Old 2015-04-13, 12:30   Link #3
Sacredus

@guerreiro2
Just edit ass with with Aegisub. It's easier than you think. You don't need demux or muxing ass again. It's possible to open subtitles from video and later you can just put ass file in same folder as video - it should be used by default.

You need just edit this 2 options in Style editor:

Alpha = transparency - it is under color menu. Just set it on 0 (fully visible) or use that transparency slider.
Outline is easy to find - sorry for bad screenshot.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2015-04-13 at 12:49.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 12:41   Link #4
guerreiro2

Thank you a lot for your replies.

I found a way that is acceptable which is using "ffdshow x64" (ffdshow subtitles filter in MPC-HC).

The "moving color" karaoke is the only thing that is not fully compatible but the rest is fine.
guerreiro2 is offline   Reply With Quote