AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-12, 06:56   Link #461
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
What is her appeal though? Do the fanboys like her 'cause she's a loli or is it because she's not only a loli, but she's got big tits?''

Blue ribbon = easiest cosplay ever.
I wouldn't fangirl over her, but I like how warm and honest she is about her feelings. It's nice that despite her jealousy she still wants to go for to push Bell forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
seduction is a fearsome threat if u know how to use it and Freya clearly does... hestia doesnt. The fact is Freya is screwed because he's way too into Ais for any other girl to have a chance at this point.
Makes one think why she wouldn't try to kill her, perhaps due to Loki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
The giant boobs on the loli is very distracting to the story overall. I'm not sure if I should complain or not.
Isn't it just very distracting to you? ._.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 07:14   Link #462
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post

Does anybody know besides Hestia and the megane Elf that Bell has the hots for Ais?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 09:32   Link #463
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

There are a few reasons
1. She doesnt know about the affections that he has for her
2. She's not the type whose gonna get her hands dirty directly and if she attacks a member of another group it'll start a very unnecessary war.
3. Much like 2 she not only starts a war with Loki but hestia and since so many people seem endeared by Bell that move would give her huge backlash for her own guild.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 11:08   Link #464
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, I honestly didn't expect to see a male God. Loki I can concede, he was one of the oddballs that was able to change his gender at will. But with Hephaestus becoming female I would expect the entire pantheon to be genderbent as well (also kind of wondering what happened to Aphrodite in this one). What rule did the author use to decide which God gets genderbent? Actually, is there any other God that gets genderbent? I now kind of think Hephaestus only gets genderbent to make the scene where Hestia bowed and that she owed money big time to seem slightly...less sexually implicative.

Also despite multiple pantheon of Gods mingling somehow it seems their respective chief Gods have little presence in the banquet. Zeus, Odin, Amaterasu etc in a single room should've been a pretty big deal. Perhaps they're elsewhere?
Old 2015-04-12, 11:34   Link #465
LKK

erneiz_hyde's genderbent observation reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. The man who gave Bell those vials, is he a god? He talked about having a small family. That makes him a god, yes?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 11:36   Link #466
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
erneiz_hyde's genderbent observation reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. The man who gave Bell those vials, is he a god? He talked about having a small family. That makes him a god, yes?
Yes that guy is also a god

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 11:36   Link #467
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Yup, he's a god. He even said he had been invited to the party.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 11:39   Link #468
GDB

Quote:
Bell called him Miach-sama.

Quote:
In Irish mythology, Miach (Irish pronunciation: [mʲiːəx]) was a son of Dian Cecht of the Tuatha Dé Danann. He replaced the silver arm his father made for Nuada with an arm of flesh and blood; Dian Cecht killed him out of jealousy for being able to do so when he himself could not. Dian Cecht killed him by chopping Miach's head four times with his sword. The first strike only cut Miach's skin and Miach healed it. The second blow broke Miach's skull but Miach also healed that. The third cut grazed Miach's brain yet Miach could even heal this. Dian Cecht's fourth attack cut his son's brain in half and finally killed Miach. This resulted in 365 herbs growing from his grave, which his sister Airmid arranged, but which their father scattered. In any case, however, Miach is later seen in the story continuing to heal the Tuatha Dé by his father's and sister's side, so apparently there were no hard feelings.
He's listed under the Tuatha Dé Danann category, which is the "Tribe of the Gods".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 12:01   Link #469
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
I think he is.

I like Hestia too....it's just that I haven't seen a character take off from the getgo in awhile...

ETA: Oh, someone already beat me to it. So Miach is a Celtic god? Cool.
Old 2015-04-12, 16:05   Link #470
LKK

Thanks, everyone! I'm surprised Miach is a Celtic god. My guess was that he might have been a Japanese god. So we've seen Greek, Norse, Hindu, and Celtic gods in episodes 1 & 2. Did I miss any other religions?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 16:20   Link #471
apr
Pedestrian

Takemikazuchi was mentioned at the party. Ishtar shows up later.
Old 2015-04-12, 16:26   Link #472
Nicaea

Egyptian gods haven't appeared so far.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 18:01   Link #473
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Egyptian gods haven't appeared so far.
The Nile probably flooded again so they're busy filling sandbags.
Old 2015-04-12, 18:55   Link #474
Birdway
Banned

Ishtar is an egyptian goddess, you know guys?

Edit:

Google joins the hype.

Last edited by Birdway; 2015-04-12 at 20:56.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 20:58   Link #475
Anime299

OK, late to the party, but a bit of free association here :

1) watching the episodes one after the other - Hestia wanted Bell to run and not get hurt, due to his (current) stats. She never gave him the knife because they were doing just that - running away. His decision to leave her behind changed the situation however. Hope before he leaves her at that gate that she gives him the knife.

2) Hestia believes someone else is messing with Bell's stats. That has to be another god. I think it's Freya who released the beast, and it went after Hestia. Bell's stats go up based on emotion, and the monster is attacking his familia (Hestia), so Bell benefits from the emotional stress and going up against a BIG target that should really make his stats jump again. So, Freya is likely the culprit, but why?

3) What is the benefit of his stats going up? His particular stat multiplier indicates that his stats could eventually put him in the same class as the gods. Is Freya looking for a new toy, and a way to take him from Hestia?

4) And whatever reason does Syr have to associate with Bell? That's outta left field. Something going on there as well. Another God keeping tabs on things to make sure Freya doesn't cross to many boundaries? Who?
I'm liking this - and I'm going back to watch the two episodes again.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 21:01   Link #476
Birdway
Banned

http://rs2img.memecdn.com/the-future...m_5016967.webm

Just wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime299 View Post
4) And whatever reason does Syr have to associate with Bell? That's outta left field. Something going on there as well. Another God keeping tabs on things to make sure Freya doesn't cross to many boundaries? Who?
Search on Google about Syr's name in the wiki.

Freyja can do whatever she wants and will get away like nothing because her charm makes everyone become her prisoner. The only inmune would be another god with the same attributes as her like Aphrodite, Ishtar, etc.
Old 2015-04-12, 21:54   Link #477
GodTurtleOm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime299 View Post
OK, late to the party, but a bit of free association here :

1) watching the episodes one after the other - Hestia wanted Bell to run and not get hurt, due to his (current) stats. She never gave him the knife because they were doing just that - running away. His decision to leave her behind changed the situation however. Hope before he leaves her at that gate that she gives him the knife.

2) Hestia believes someone else is messing with Bell's stats. That has to be another god. I think it's Freya who released the beast, and it went after Hestia. Bell's stats go up based on emotion, and the monster is attacking his familia (Hestia), so Bell benefits from the emotional stress and going up against a BIG target that should really make his stats jump again. So, Freya is likely the culprit, but why?

3) What is the benefit of his stats going up? His particular stat multiplier indicates that his stats could eventually put him in the same class as the gods. Is Freya looking for a new toy, and a way to take him from Hestia?

I'm liking this - and I'm going back to watch the two episodes again.
1. I think that is mostly correct as to why she doesn't give him the dagger then. I've always felt in both the manga and light novel that she should have given it to him right away. It doesn't help in the anime that they've added a whole crepe eating scene which would have been a better opportunity to give it to him than ever existed in the novel/manga.

2. She doesn't think other gods are messing with his stats. She's worried that if other gods find out about his rare skill they'll try and recruit him away from her Familia, and just be generally bothersome. The gods do what they do largely for their own amusement, and the majority of them are looking for any reason to mess with each other or random Adventurers. Some of them are even dicks to their own Familia.

3. His stats so far aren't too ridiculous, he's still weaker than the vast majority of other Adventurers at this point. The Stats from the God's Grace add on to an Adventurer's base power/toughness/dexterity/speed/magic. The max stat gain in any particular attribute per Level is 999, which is a fairly uncommon point to reach before Leveling up, and normal rate is such that an Adventurer might spend a few years just getting halfway to that point. The skill just contributes to his rate of growth (Maybe x2-x50 speed, depending on his feelings and experiences in relation to Ais). Freya, like the other gods, is amusing herself. She just happens to find Bell particularly interesting. She's described as a Goddess of Love in all its forms, including the coveting and stalkerish types. She especially interested in Bell's growth.

4. Either Syr is a normal human who just took a fancy to Bell, or she's a highly suspicious individual. Without going into stuff from the novels, I think she's hiding things.

@Birdway Ishtar is Babylonian, not Egyptian. She actually has a major role in the Epic of Gilgamesh.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 22:32   Link #478
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Ishtar is an egyptian goddess, you know guys?
No Ishtar is Assyrian and/ or Babylonian. The Egyptian gods would look down on her as a newbie.
Old 2015-04-12, 22:51   Link #479
Birdway
Banned

You're right guy, Yu gi oh warped my knowledge .
Old 2015-04-13, 02:57   Link #480
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

This series is probably the best adventure anime this year. The characters interaction is fine and the story line is just so interesting. I especially like how the the whole episode always contained light-hearted moments together with serious and emergency moments. Currently the best anime for me in this season.

I am not quite familiar nor do i have any interest in the God history but I actually did not expect Aiz's god to be so... un-elegant.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon crawler, dungeons, elves, fantasy, goddesses, gods, light novel adaptation